Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't like it when they have 4 difficulties, cause wtf is above hard but not lunatic levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
infernal is the hardest bullshit difficulty level i'm willing to touch for feh and i shudder to think of what it would be in a mainline game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

infernal is the hardest bullshit difficulty level i'm willing to touch for feh and i shudder to think of what it would be in a mainline game

Its been abyssal for a while now

Something to look forward to in three houses 2

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
MASSIVE SPOILERS related to late-game classes

By fusing with Sothis and awakening the progenitor god's power, [Byleth] obtained the certification for the Enlightened One class!

Edelgard accepted the Twin-Headed Eagle Heavy Armor that was delivered from the Empire and has obtained the certification for the Emperor class!

Dimitri accepted the Battle Gear of the King of Lions from Rodrigue and obtained the certification for the Great Lord class!

Claude accepted the Silk Dragon Armor from Nardel and obtained the certification for the Barbarossa class!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hey if you somehow missed the warning, SERIOUSLY don't go on youtube or at least go incognito. The entire game, cutscenes included, has been datamined.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Fire Emblem Shadows of Jugdral on abyssal mode, where every enemy mage has hel

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 23, 2019

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Tae posted:

Hey if you somehow missed the warning, SERIOUSLY don't go on youtube or at least go incognito. The entire game, cutscenes included, has been datamined.

Supports have not, at least not yet. We have the endings only.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Funny test data from the text dump

quote:

Prototype
α scenario
Tutorial
Chapter 5: Dragon's Table
For videos
For screenshots
Fell Dragon test

Character change test
Unit battle test
For Kitaura's tests
For Erikawa's tests
For Shiojima's tests
For Kojima's tests
For Hisatomi's tests
For Kaga's tests
For Kiuchi's tests
Yoshida's test scenario

Hyrule Castle
Oyama's test scenario

Guess they made some prototypes based on Awakening and Zelda

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If we get the growth rates, pastebin them or something for me, ty. I'm not gonna go looking for them because I don't want other spoilers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah I would highly advise to not remotely click on anything resembling spoilers. I'm immune to it, but there's some big loving spoilers just immediately there without warning, especially in the near future.

Like genuine game defining spoilers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If you want to use youtube you can just go to your video history, search 'fire emblem,' and remove any videos related to fire emblem from it. Youtube won't rec you fire emblem videos anymore if you do that.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Endorph posted:

If you want to use youtube you can just go to your video history, search 'fire emblem,' and remove any videos related to fire emblem from it. Youtube won't rec you fire emblem videos anymore if you do that.

That's a lot of videos I have to delete. Oof.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
General support spoiler, particularly for the endings;

yeah there's shipping. I guess A-ranks in general will lead to a romantic ending? unsure, the person mentioning it to me didn't look that hard. there's platonic ending pairings too.

also apparently all cutscenes have been dumped so uhhh yea youtube enjoy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fates should've been E rating compared to what three houses gets away with

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
poo poo's wild, especially since stuff is so out of context I'm basically :confused:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

lurksion posted:

poo poo's wild, especially since stuff is so out of context I'm basically :confused:

Yeah I’m watching the cutscenes (with no audio) and just going :tviv:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Tae posted:

I don't like it when they have 4 difficulties, cause wtf is above hard but not lunatic levels

If I were doing it, I’d probably make the Maddening difficulty harder on the strategic level: constraining your resources, slowing down your Professor Level and weapon rank gain, that kind of thing. And then Infernal would have Conquest-Lunatic-style tactical difficulty, with tight enemy formations and difficult skill setups.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Massive picture spoiler: If you decide based on post time skip appearance

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Oh god, Lorenz looks even creepier post-timeskip :barf:

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Tae posted:

Massive picture spoiler: If you decide based on post time skip appearance

And massive non-spoiler if you don't want to look:

everyone looks loving amazing

^^ yeah ok maybe not Lorenz but I didn't like him anyway so eh

Coucho Marx fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jul 23, 2019

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Coucho Marx posted:

And massive non-spoiler if you don't want to look:

everyone looks loving amazing

all braids must go apparently

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Minus Green posted:

Oh god, Lorenz looks even creepier post-timeskip :barf:

??? that character looks 300% better

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

something about lysithea's post-timeskip design reminds me a bit of light sage!micaiah

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Gamerofthegame posted:

all braids must go apparently

I guess it's a teenage thing? Or fashion changed over five years? Or letting your hair down is a easy artistic visual metaphor for growing up and letting go of your childhood, probably that.

also Hilda straight up looks like she's in a nineties girl group, I can't unsee it now. Like she's the sixth Spice Girl, Lazy Spice

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I WANT THE VIDEO GAME NOW

and yeah I’m horny enough for f!Byleth so I’ll just go Dmitri

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I was checking Serenes Forest for support leaks and [gay support spoilers, no plot spoilers] S-rank Alois ends with him adopting M!Byleth or something? And apparently then Byleth finds a wife. S-rank Gilbert apparently just becomes Byleth's right-hand man, so the only person M!Byleth can actually marry is Linhardt.
lol. This is the worst knee-jerk reaction, but I kinda want to cancel my preorder even though I probably can't since it was digital. I guess I'll probably just play F!Byleth instead and romance Seteth, I guess.
As for F!Byleth's female romance options, idk about Edelgard/Rhea/Sothis, but apparently marriage happens for Mercedes and Dorothea, so that's nice at least.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kurona_bright posted:

I was checking Serenes Forest for support leaks and [gay support spoilers, no plot spoilers] S-rank Alois ends with him adopting M!Byleth or something? And apparently then Byleth finds a wife. S-rank Gilbert apparently just becomes Byleth's right-hand man, so the only person M!Byleth can actually marry is Linhardt.
lol. This is the worst knee-jerk reaction, but I kinda want to cancel my preorder even though I probably can't since it was digital. I guess I'll probably just play F!Byleth instead and romance Seteth, I guess.
As for F!Byleth's female romance options, idk about Edelgard/Rhea/Sothis, but apparently marriage happens for Mercedes and Dorothea, so that's nice at least.

I'd take anything relating to the gay supports with a massive grain of salt, people love spreading misinformation about this stuff. remember the massive game of telephone with the gay supports in fates?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

kurona_bright posted:

:smithicide:

I wasn't excited by those options, but that is seriously the worst execution possible.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

That makes... more sense, given Alois and Gilbert's respective situations. Romance options aren't really too big of a selling point for me anymore so I guess personally I don't mind too much, but that said I can certainly be miffed at the imbalance of romance options between mxm and fxf.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Is there some kind of Japanese culture thing regarding MM relationships? Because the disparity between MM and FF romances is crazy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Is there some kind of Japanese culture thing regarding MM relationships? Because the disparity between MM and FF romances is crazy.
bioware games do the same thing, it's hardly a japanese only thing

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Endorph posted:

I'd take anything relating to the gay supports with a massive grain of salt, people love spreading misinformation about this stuff. remember the massive game of telephone with the gay supports in fates?

I don't remember much about Fates to be honest (I'd forgotten that Niles/Rhajat were version-exclusive until I started paying attention to Three Houses and remembered, lol). As for the misinformation bit, SF linked to a reddit thread (https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/cglj2z/about_the_text_leak_and_the_3_mm_options/) and the OP seems pretty bummed out about the whole thing, so I don't think he's intentionally stirring the pot. He could be misreading the text dump, I guess?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also again now that we're in massive spoiler territory id advise everyone to take everything they see with a massive grain of salt, not just because of misinformation but because even if the information is accurate it's being presented out of context with no rhyme or reason, and none of the build-up a game comes with. im seeing some people acting like the sky is falling in terms of the plot being good based on seeing literally one line of text in a serenes forest post, lol.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

mm relationships are icky, ff relationships are sexy, thanks for coming to my GDC talk

this is not restricted at all to the japanese

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

i assume it's straight male writers going "ew gays" and "lesbians hot" but that may not apply here, depending on the writing staff's composition.

"traditionally" i believe japanese media is more likely to write off lesbian relationships, especially when formed young, but who knows why it is in this case.

im just confused by s supports being platonic at all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kurona_bright posted:

I don't remember much about Fates to be honest (I'd forgotten that Niles/Rhajat were version-exclusive until I started paying attention to Three Houses, lol). As for the misinformation bit, SF linked to a reddit thread (https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/cglj2z/about_the_text_leak_and_the_3_mm_options/) and the OP seems pretty bummed out about the whole thing, so I don't think he's intentionally stirring the pot. He could be misreading the text dump, I guess?
I mean, it's been implied by people that Rhea and Sothis are non-romantic S supports for Female Byleth, too.

I'd also hesitate to blame IntSys for this when it's entirely possible that this is something that was changed in translation. After how badly Treehouse handled the gay supports in Fates, it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

The same leak also has stuff that implies non-Byleth same-sex explicitly romantic endings, which would be way more interesting to me since it'd be characters in the game being bi rather than basically a vector for the player to tell the game they're bi. We'll see how this all shakes out before throwing stones, is all I'm saying here. Stuff like this is super complicated.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 23, 2019

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Endorph posted:

I mean, it's been implied by people that Rhea and Sothis are non-romantic S supports for Female Byleth, too.

I'd also hesitate to blame IntSys for this when it's entirely possible that this is something that was changed in translation. After how badly Treehouse handled the gay supports in Fates, it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

The same leak also has stuff that implies non-Byleth same-sex explicitly romantic endings, which would be way more interesting to me since it'd be characters in the game being bi rather than basically a vector for the player to tell the game they're bi. We'll see how this all shakes out before throwing stones, is all I'm saying here. Stuff like this is super complicated.

Fair enough, I'll put down the pitchforks. You make a good point about the other pairings, so I'll just wait for more info.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

it seems pretty universal for entertainment products

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kurona_bright posted:

Fair enough, I'll put down the pitchforks. You make a good point about the other pairings, so I'll just wait for more info.
Yeah, I'm not trying to like, defend IntSys as woke gay saviors or anything, even at best this kind of stuff is gonna be a sidebar, entirely accidental, or executed in non-ideal ways, but iunno, it's better to just give this stuff room to to take a swing at it rather than condemning it based on a reddit post about a serenes forest post about a text dump from 4chan. and even if it does turn out unfortunately it's gonna be more complicated and mixed than just a contextless sentence of the worst part of it.

Heather from FE10's a good example, imo, she's obviously a massive stereotype who exists just for cheap gags about her wanting to gently caress Elincia, but I found her super worthwhile as a kid and even still have fondness for her, and I know tons of lesbians who feel the same way about her. But if FE10 was the game that was coming out there'd 100% be a 'there's a lesbian stereotype character who exists just for jokes about her wanting to gently caress Elincia.' post on reddit with nothing more to say about her. This stuff can have dimensions, is I guess my point.