Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How would they integrate even more stupid randomness into autochess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Blizz is busy reworking their canceled games into Battle Royales

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
eagerly awaiting Overwatch Royale, a phone game exclusive due 2030

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Der Shovel posted:

Why are the Mecha Tyrael quests so buggy aaaaaargh.

I'm doing the "destroy 8 forts or keeps in winning games" one so I figured gently caress that for a game of soldiers in PVP games, and jumped into an AI match. While my chucklefuck teammates did whatever they gently caress they did, I backdoored all the enemy keeps and forts on two lanes, and the keep and two forts on the third lane.

By my calculation that is 6 forts and three keeps or nine structures in total.

Quest completion? 37%, or to put it another way, 2.96 keeps and / or forts. These destroy keeps and forts quests are always like this.

theres only 3 forts and 3 keeps in a 3 lane map

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I had that bug too, destroyed over 12 forts and keeps and nothing counted :(

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know what the criteria is for destroying a fort, I had my name on every destroyed fort and keep one match (zagara is nuts) and it counted as 2 for my quest, so I guess you have to be actively attacking it when it goes down or something

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Unlike anything else in this game, it's based on last hit.

Your best bet is to go for forts that aren't under siege by minion waves (because they'll steal the kill) and use heroes that can outrange the structure or use summons to distract it while you pull it apart safely. I used Gazlowe and Nazeebo for that particular quest and got it done in two matches.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I had that bug too, destroyed over 12 forts and keeps and nothing counted :(

I think it needs to be in winning games. Did you win those games?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Patch notes: Increased the Movement Speed of all Heroes by 10%.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Super Street Fighter Heroes of the Storm II Turbo

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Took a break and try another match and of course another tantrum guy, but I kept out of this one. Idiot picked a fight calling another player bad, that guy said the same in reverse, then the first guy had a meltdown over one response. Not sure what it is about these games that attract these people looking for the tiniest excuse th freak out and waste 20 minutes of their own time out of spite. Maybe in other games you just don't notice it but it's really bad lately.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 11, 2019

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
It's gotten worse for sure, but all Blizzard games attract these people for some reason

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah that's true but at least in Overwatch the people that freak out are in ranked. Quick match is almost always super chill regardless of how bad we are doing.

EDIT: And another that was independent of me. Probably time to play FF14 or Teppen or something for a while.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 11, 2019

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I had someone get angry at me in vs AI for not playing properly

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
I had a ten death genji/hanzo/lili group berate me for not joining them in the futile 3v5 two-levels behind team fight they were picking for no reason. I topped hero damage, siege and xp in that game. I think it got to 380 k siege damage with no deaths towards the end. Ridiculous.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Moola posted:

I had someone get angry at me in vs AI for not playing properly

It is annoying if you don’t show up for the objective when the other 9 heroes do. Other than that, yeah, who cares?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Mierenneuker posted:

It is annoying if you don’t show up for the objective when the other 9 heroes do. Other than that, yeah, who cares?

lol if you care about anything that's happening in an AI match

there's a 99% chance of winning 60% of the time, 100% of the time

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I’ve lost AI games when people didn’t show up for the objective and I was playing Morales. I can’t heal those bots away by myself, can I. :colbert:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it usually was on Battlefield Of Eternity.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I would say there’s not really any “iconic” Blizzard characters missing from HotS. It’d be nice to see some Diablo Prime Evils to fill out the quota and, like, Reinhardt or Sombra. Diablo is probably the most underrepresented series and we’re missing what exactly? One angel, four demons, and maybe that many humans?

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Not that it’s super iconic, but it’d be really cool to have the d3 necro with the blood mage focus. That’s an archetype that isn’t in this game that I’m a big fan of and it’s different enough from Xul. Idk how they’d do the whole “corpses fuel your blood magic” but it could have the teleport, blood nova, corpse spike thing as an ult maybe.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I still don't see a Nude Mengsk. Blizzard has work to do.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Blackthorne is iconic for the people that remember him. He certainly has no ties to modern Blizzard whatsoever but he was a pretty ridiculous example of their early work.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

These god drat Tyrael mecha quests.

I'm on the "Get a Bulwark, Guardian or MVP" quest. I tanked my heart out on Leoric, had BY FAR the most damage soaked and in the end I did not get either the Bulwark or Guardian award because I got the loving Point Guard award instead for spending too much time on the control points.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I actually had to stop killing minions for that quest, because otherwise I would have gotten Siege Master instead of Bulwark. Luckily I had a teammate who was trailing me in siege damage, so they surpassed me as I was ta(n)king core shots.

Still not as bad as the quest for total healing, that one took forever. Luckily it counted self-healing on tanks instead of forcing you to play a support.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Just on tanks? Would it count for instance Zul'jin's regeneration?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I've been playing mostly AI games and brawls lately, because I got better things to do I guess? Play QM again for the first time in a while, have a Nova on the team who does nothing whole match, just runs into bushes. Literally nothing, no shooting. :gurf:

Great time trying QM again.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Never play Illidan in qm, the matchmaker I'm pretty sure throws an endless stream of arthas' and everyone with a blind and makes sure you're the only melee on your team.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Never play Illidan

I concur.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Illidan is very fun, but going melee in QM is a real gamble.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I forgot how annoying medivh is to play against

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 16, 2019

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Is there any trick to Thrall's pink quest? Like I swear the bounces go to literally anything but a hero.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
It jumps from the target to the next closest thing. Bad vs. summoners or on maps where the fight happens among minion waves or in minor pockets spread around the map. Good vs. comps who bunch up due to healers like Alex or who have multiple frontliners, bad vs. the five ranged assassin QM comps where everyone is spaced out. It helps to target a hero with your first cast since then you only need once bounce to another hero to get a stack. Works just fine on clone heroes like Samuro or Nova or heroes like Rexar. Even at best it's 3+ minutes of straight casting so this is a quest that will take a fair amount of time to complete. Volskya is one of the better maps for this since it tends to be lots of 5v5 skirmishing over the objective, similar results in ARAM.

You kind of need to get a feel for it by playing a lot and looking for situations where the enemy is clustered up somewhere with minimal chaf to distract your lightning bolt, since it's perfectly happy to hit a bruiser and then just roll up the closest minion to your side of the field rather than head to the backline. Generally, the backline has fewer distractions so you can get somewhat easier stacks if you see two heroes in the backline, but you need to be careful not to get caught out trying to reach them (so be sure to use your W and E abilities to keep a safe position).

Of course, once you do complete it then you can have fun watching it jump from a tower to the fountain to the fort to kill the poor soul trying to hearth behind it, but it's certainly a long quest and taking Echo of the Elements is a good default pick.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Crash Lightning is a lot more tolerable when you know that Chain Lightning prefers to make jumps as close to "towards Thrall" as possible (a change that was made to try and reduce complaints that Thrall can just CL buildings and poke/kill in the fog of war). Try to hit someone past the Hero(es) you want it to bounce to.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Ah drat, so that's why it was always bouncing from rhaegar back onto his totem instead of I dunno into the cluster of teammates right in front of him

edit: lol just played a qm game where a guy started raging and crying and claiming he's a MASTER LEAGUE ALARAK. But like he could barely do the combo and just went afk in a bush for most of the match. Then got so mad he kept messaging me after the game.

edit:

"Hey greymain can you take that camp?"

"..."

"Yrel can you take a camp???"

"..."

"Well i gues I, Muradin, will slowly do a camp!"

"wtf muradin took 2 minutes to take a camp"

Then Greyman and Yrel raged all game about not getting heals when they dove 1 v 5 and how muradin took too long to take a camp (that only camp taken all game!)

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 23, 2019

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm a bit out of the loop, did Alarak get a big buff or something? That obnoxious SOB is in every game it feels like.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This Mecha-Tyrael event has so many really bad quests in it. God drat.

E: and it loving SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS that there's no duplicate protection in the game yet. Nothing like the feeling of pulling a legendary from a chest and then having it turn out to be a duplicate mount you got 3 years ago.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 24, 2019

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Id rather have the shards than another legendary of a hero I never play

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

PantsBandit posted:

I'm a bit out of the loop, did Alarak get a big buff or something? That obnoxious SOB is in every game it feels like.

His not-as-good talents got buffed, but no one good picks those. His overperforming talent got a pretty substantial nerf but it's still the standout. Even with the nerf he's still a monster if played well. Displacement, silence, high ranged damage with heals, two great ults, and the best blink or rewind at level 20.

I'm about to hit 100 with him...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The hot new thing on EU servers are people who play heroes in very weird and dumb ways. Like a Muradin who only sits in his lane all game long killing minions. Or an Artanis who spends all game "jungling" (slowly and badly). Or an Anduin who doesn't heal because he's "DPS spec". These are all things I saw in the last 24 hours alone, and we lost all three games somehow.

If that's what you wanted to do, why not pick a hero that's actually suited for the role?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Artanis can be decent at taking down camps and towers if you take a Twin Blades build. Amateur Opponent at level 1 seems tailor made to make jungling more effective. But those constant camps won’t do much good if you ain’t pushing them.