Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Tried out antimatter chemistry. It's interesting...but oh boy is it dreadfully dull. A lot of your goals are to basically just gather hundreds of pure white antimatter blocks so you can break them down into other things, and it's basically like someone set out to make a joke about how boring minecraft is by removing anything that's in the way of your mining and replacing the blocks with the most uninteresting textures possible.

It's a neat pack beyond that, but that problem is so much as to make me pass out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Falcon2001 posted:

Tried out antimatter chemistry. It's interesting...but oh boy is it dreadfully dull. A lot of your goals are to basically just gather hundreds of pure white antimatter blocks so you can break them down into other things, and it's basically like someone set out to make a joke about how boring minecraft is by removing anything that's in the way of your mining and replacing the blocks with the most uninteresting textures possible.

It's a neat pack beyond that, but that problem is so much as to make me pass out.

Yeah, I gave it a shot and stopped for pretty much the same reasons. Also, the terrain being completely flat and monochrome was screwing with my ability to judge distance or something; I got really disoriented trying to move around.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
It's the same reason Parcel stopped working on the pack that Antimatter Chem is based off of. Too flat and boring but with a decent idea. Alchemistry, the mod that's being shown off, is also used in DD&SS and is quite a nifty in its own right at least and is very clearly a spiritual successor of Minechem.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 14, 2019

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Have there been any material energy modpacks since ME^4? I kindof got annoyed at the difficulty of that one.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

McFrugal posted:

Have there been any material energy modpacks since ME^4? I kindof got annoyed at the difficulty of that one.

Not in the vein of the mainline series, no. ME:Quantum is the current indev but no idea when it would possibly be out as the last news was a few months ago.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Well I found Material Energy Halloween, which seems completely impossible to finish legitimately due to all the supermobs spawning constantly anywhere there's darkness. Even with a full set of red matter armor they're pretty annoying to deal with.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Volcano Block again: is there anything that can extract items out of the sides of blocks aside from the Item Extractor from Embers Rekindled? Lead is pretty rare at the moment, but I really don't like having to manually remove ore from the reshaper.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

McFrugal posted:

Volcano Block again: is there anything that can extract items out of the sides of blocks aside from the Item Extractor from Embers Rekindled? Lead is pretty rare at the moment, but I really don't like having to manually remove ore from the reshaper.

There's a prodigyTech item for it...Linear something or other? Not too expensive once you can make the pink alloy stuff regularly.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
If the item can be extracted at all, an Integrated Dynamics exporter should be able to pull stuff out, given the proper card.

Speaking of, chalk ID up to another mod that I never gave the time of day until Volcano Block. It always looked too complex/programmer-y for my tiny brain, but then I saw you could link item chests up to make a sort of simple autostorage system, and how simple and cheap import/export/sorting pipes were, and now I keep an eye out for it in any pack it's included in.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Vib Rib posted:

If the item can be extracted at all, an Integrated Dynamics exporter should be able to pull stuff out, given the proper card.

Speaking of, chalk ID up to another mod that I never gave the time of day until Volcano Block. It always looked too complex/programmer-y for my tiny brain, but then I saw you could link item chests up to make a sort of simple autostorage system, and how simple and cheap import/export/sorting pipes were, and now I keep an eye out for it in any pack it's included in.

Yeah there's that part, but anything beyond that feels just bonkers unexplainable. There's no good YT tutorials on it either, and the book is...I dunno, at least to me, not that helpful, and I've spent the last few weeks studying programming. I suspect there are people who think it's largely intuitive but the way to get and store variables seems super weird.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Falcon2001 posted:

Yeah there's that part, but anything beyond that feels just bonkers unexplainable. There's no good YT tutorials on it either, and the book is...I dunno, at least to me, not that helpful, and I've spent the last few weeks studying programming. I suspect there are people who think it's largely intuitive but the way to get and store variables seems super weird.

Part of the problem is that Integrated Dynamics is essentially functional programming. Most programming tutorials are for procedural programming, so the method by which they will solve problems typically won't apply.

For example, in my FTB: Interactions world, I used ID to read out the fill level of batteries inside a CEU, so I could print them on a screen.

Why? Because my power plant was inside a compact machine, and I wanted to see the fill level from outside. There's either a native or Integrated Tunnels add-on that lets you connect ID networks interdimensionally, so I used that.

In order to do this properly, I had to make an operator containing a function that took a given item, extract its NBT tag, then drill down into the data until it got the energy level, then apply that function over every item in the target inventory (the CEU.) This involves a functional programming technique called currying, which involves defining a partially complete function, then iterating that partially-complete function over whatever list I needed. A procedural programming tutorial won't teach you how to do that.

Granted, this is a more involved example than just "check if block facing a sensor is $BLOCK_TYPE then output a redstone signal."

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Falcon2001 posted:

There's a prodigyTech item for it...Linear something or other? Not too expensive once you can make the pink alloy stuff regularly.

Great. This wasn't in my prodigy book yet because it gates the loving manual entries behind achievements. That should work, thanks.

I can't do Integrated Dynamics yet.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 17, 2019

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Part of the problem is that Integrated Dynamics is essentially functional programming. Most programming tutorials are for procedural programming, so the method by which they will solve problems typically won't apply.

For example, in my FTB: Interactions world, I used ID to read out the fill level of batteries inside a CEU, so I could print them on a screen.

Why? Because my power plant was inside a compact machine, and I wanted to see the fill level from outside. There's either a native or Integrated Tunnels add-on that lets you connect ID networks interdimensionally, so I used that.

In order to do this properly, I had to make an operator containing a function that took a given item, extract its NBT tag, then drill down into the data until it got the energy level, then apply that function over every item in the target inventory (the CEU.) This involves a functional programming technique called currying, which involves defining a partially complete function, then iterating that partially-complete function over whatever list I needed. A procedural programming tutorial won't teach you how to do that.

Granted, this is a more involved example than just "check if block facing a sensor is $BLOCK_TYPE then output a redstone signal."

Huh, that's really interesting. Thanks for the explanation.

Leavy
Feb 15, 2003

rufus
My inability to use logic gates and the functional programming aspect of ID makes me feel like a massive dumb, considering I have 15+ years as a developer. Obviously using strictly procedural. They don’t call em the p-languages for nothin.

Open Computers and similar mods, on the other hand, has let me really go nuts with some specific cases. I started using it just to see what faces of blocks I was unfamiliar with would expose, and it bloomed out from there.

Considering Lua was the first language I really sank my teeth into outside of a classroom or changing ancient Perl scripts in the late 90s. Learned it to modify a DKP tracker in WoW for our guild’s weird rear end requirements, it’s been a poetic match.

And Jesus Christ the last few words I’ve typed out have made me feel more of a nerd than anything in a long time.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I still hate LUA. My first experience with it was coding poo poo for alchemists in ragnarok online and it never working right. Implicit typing :orks:

I studied embedded systems, so the functional programming makes more sense.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ugh, does anyone have any suggestions for decent power gen in Omnifactory? I'm at the "setting up actual serious MV/automation" stage but I kept. running out of coal/charcoal. Lava gen with level 2/3 (slowly upgrading them) dynamos have been my best bet so far. Everything GT seems almost ready to fall apart on me on a whim, or a trap that takes almost more power to produce the resource the generator wants than the generator itself produces. I'd just do some massive tree farm to feed multiple pyrolase ovens to feed a pile of upgraded Thermal dynamos but I need tungsten steel to make a splice and slice.

Edit: never mind, there's apparently a hand-crafting recipe for Z-logic controllers? I'll have to investigate more.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jul 19, 2019

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Alkydere posted:

Ugh, does anyone have any suggestions for decent power gen in Omnifactory? I'm at the "setting up actual serious MV/automation" stage but I kept. running out of coal/charcoal. Lava gen with level 2/3 (slowly upgrading them) dynamos have been my best bet so far. Everything GT seems almost ready to fall apart on me on a whim, or a trap that takes almost more power to produce the resource the generator wants than the generator itself produces. I'd just do some massive tree farm to feed multiple pyrolase ovens to feed a pile of upgraded Thermal dynamos but I need tungsten steel to make a splice and slice.

Edit: never mind, there's apparently a hand-crafting recipe for Z-logic controllers? I'll have to investigate more.

I haven't played Omnifactory, but I think numismatic dynamos are good? Maybe with the gem augment?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I haven't played Omnifactory, but I think numismatic dynamos are good? Maybe with the gem augment?

I just looked it up and holy poo poo you're right. The base Nuismatic isn't so great, at least not before you have a fuckton of spare materials laying about but the Lapidary Calibration is bonkers. Gemstones become 200K RF fuel sources. Diamonds are a whopping 1.2M RF. And that's before efficiency upgrades. Even better: it takes Prismarine Shards which produce 150K RF but can be made out of normal Nether Quartz thanks to Actually Additions. Since NQuartz is normally 40K RF and it takes 30K to convert it that's just over doubling the output a cheap resource that's everywhere.

Though I feel I have 183 diamonds and 207 diamond ore blocks in my AE...diamonds are where I should start.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
A few t3 magmatics with lots of upgrades slotted in will go far. Ender pump in lava and you'll only have to move the pump every once in a while. Be sure to give them the Isentropic Reservoir upgrade which doubles their power at the cost of just adding water. Once you get a self-sustaining/ongoing diesel or biodiesel setup established, the HV turbo diesel generators (and eventually, the diesel generator multiblock) will produce a ton of power.
Numismatics off diamonds are great though, as you've said. As a plus, remember that Deep Mob Learning lets you generate diamonds off pristine shulker matter and you can fuel a DML loop on its own byproducts. Then just funnel off the excess power to your main line, and you can keep expanding the DML area with more dynamos and more shulker/enderman simulators.

Tubular Bells
Jul 20, 2017
A couple of months ago I posted about how I was having a tough time getting into modded Minecraft. After forgetting about it and then remembering because a group of friends were playing on a (vanilla) server, I decided to give it another shot. I think playing vanilla more was a good idea, because I feel like I'm having a lot less trouble figuring things out. I restarted Break Out, and am currently probably 80% done with it. I've gone through each of the three paths except Botania, which I'm still in the early portion of. I figured I might as well give some ramble-y thoughts about it, because why not.

• Of the three paths I've gone through so far (Thermal Expansion, Actually Additions, and EnderIO, in that order) I'd have to say I liked TE the most. Everything just kind of clicked in an intuitive way, and even having to juggle like 5 different types of metals and the constant crafting of machine frames and gears or whatever, I felt like I was having fun creating a neat little set of machines.
  • I beelined towards the AE2 stuff as soon as it became available, and got a functioning network going before I started the AA stuff. The further I play into this pack, the more I realize that inventory management is by far the worst aspect of modded Minecraft, and Minecraft in general. Currently, my two 4k storage cells are at about 70% storage capacity, but both of them very quickly hit the item type limit. I could probably make another drive, but AE2 stuff is expensive and involves a lot of tedious "make the item that only exists to be crafted into this larger item", so I keep putting it off.
  • Having to go through an early game machinery progression three times in a row almost caused me to burn out, which I luckily managed to avoid, at least so far. EnderIO in particular seemed to require a much greater investment of time and resources than the other two mods to get to a comparable level. I'll admit I didn't really touch much of the extra stuff in the EnderIO path, except for the Infinity Dust which seemed neat, so I'm probably missing something. It seemed like it actually got easier once I got to the point where I needed to make the Energetic and Vibrant ingots, which was only a moderate drain on my power supply.
  • I'm really interested in learning more about automation, but the very cramped environment of the map isn't doing me any favors. Despite this, I managed to get a couple of things going, like a (mostly) automated sieving setup that I could probably make fully automatic if I bothered to make a couple more servos, and a hands-off Grains of Infinity farm. Does anybody know any good modpacks I might try out if I wanted to learn how to do this kind of poo poo? It doesn't even necessarily have to be a tutorial pack, just one with a few bread-and-butter mods to play with.

Despite me bitching, I really am having a good time with this pack. I'm concerned about how much time it might take me to both create a 64k drive and fill it completely with cobble, though...

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The very first time I set up an AE2 storage system, i sat and ground through it and did all the bullshit

Now I just cheat a basic creative storage (non-wireless) as one of the first things I do in any modpack when possible because it's just not fun to dick with storage

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I used to love Ender IO, but somehow them adding the infinity dust in irritated me.
Its like they added another step 'just because'.
I know its only one little thing and it can be automated, but I just tend to use other things now instead.
As mentioned, to me its one of those things that you have to make just to be made into something else.
They already have their basic capacitor that does nothing, infinity dust is just an added step below.

Thats my useless rant.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

OgNar posted:

I used to love Ender IO, but somehow them adding the infinity dust in irritated me.
I know its only one little thing and it can be automated, but I just tend to use other things now instead.
As mentioned, to me its one of those things that you have to make just to be made into something else.
They already have their basic capacitor that does nothing, infinity dust is just an added step below.

Thats my useless rant.

What's your opinion on having to paint the machines before using them, and the initial set of machines being far worse than the basic set enderIO used to start with?

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

OgNar posted:

Thats my useless rant.

I wasn't playing for a while so I'm not sure when they added in machine levels, but I'm pretty sure it's the same time they added infinity dust. gently caress machine levels. gently caress using a different power type, even if you can generally just hook them up to your power lines (ran into it not behaving nicely going directly from machine to power, needed another block in between). I started removing enderio from kitchen sink packs because gently caress that garbage. I did the bare minimum of it in breakout and stuck with TE.

Tubular Bells
Jul 20, 2017
I'm just about finished with the 64k storage cell, and boy, calling these "expensive" is the understatement of the year. I suppose I should be grateful that it only takes three of a storage component to make one of a higher tier instead of four, since it nudges the difficulty of making one down from "actually impossible" to merely improbable. I emptied out all four of the skystone rooms you're given (and you can only gain access to all of them once you've completed at least three of the progression paths) and sieved nearly all of it away, and yet ended up with just barely enough certus quartz to make it work. Luckily, getting enough cobble to fill it shouldn't take as long since I invested in a tier 5 generator.

Just to be clear, if I take my other storage cells out of the ME Drive temporarily to focus on filling the 64k, it won't wipe the items on them... right?

And to add on to the EnderIO griping, I really want to like it because it seems somewhat interesting thematically... and then it sabotages its own premise. "I've managed to harvest the scant grains of a substance with infinite power that lies at the bottom of the world... time to use them to make a terrible, inefficient alloy smelter to get plant clippings!" Also, gently caress making recipes where I'm guaranteed to end up with leftover nuggets of bullshit.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Tubular Bells posted:

I'm just about finished with the 64k storage cell, and boy, calling these "expensive" is the understatement of the year. I suppose I should be grateful that it only takes three of a storage component to make one of a higher tier instead of four, since it nudges the difficulty of making one down from "actually impossible" to merely improbable. I emptied out all four of the skystone rooms you're given (and you can only gain access to all of them once you've completed at least three of the progression paths) and sieved nearly all of it away, and yet ended up with just barely enough certus quartz to make it work. Luckily, getting enough cobble to fill it shouldn't take as long since I invested in a tier 5 generator.

Just to be clear, if I take my other storage cells out of the ME Drive temporarily to focus on filling the 64k, it won't wipe the items on them... right?

And to add on to the EnderIO griping, I really want to like it because it seems somewhat interesting thematically... and then it sabotages its own premise. "I've managed to harvest the scant grains of a substance with infinite power that lies at the bottom of the world... time to use them to make a terrible, inefficient alloy smelter to get plant clippings!" Also, gently caress making recipes where I'm guaranteed to end up with leftover nuggets of bullshit.

Storage cells can be moved around freely.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Tubular Bells posted:

Yeah, you can pull drives from an ME Drive and they'll retain the contents.

If you want to quickly dump all the stuff on your old disks to a new disk, make an ME IO Port. Put it on the network, then yank all the old drives, install your new drive, and use the ME IO port. Put the old disks on the section on the left, and it'll dump them to the new drive. Then, you can reinstall your old drives to get their storage capacity back.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

McFrugal posted:

What's your opinion on having to paint the machines before using them, and the initial set of machines being far worse than the basic set enderIO used to start with?

I didnt see anything about having to paint the machines before using them in the packs i've had the newer Ender IO in.
Now crappy machines being made into better machines is a logical progression, you can still use the lower ones but for better stuff you need to upgrade it, i'm ok with something like that.
Having to grind hundreds of grass clippings or whatever to make dye to upgrade on the other hand, goes along with previous statements.
A pain in the rear end added for no other reason than to add more steps.
Not everyone likes gregtech type crafting, but if they want to take their mod into that category go ahead. But at least give a config edit to make it easy/hard.

What I really need to do is take the time to learn the recipe changing mod to just switch poo poo like that out back to ground coal.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 23, 2019

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

OgNar posted:

I didnt see anything about having to paint the machines before using them in the packs i've had the newer Ender IO in.
Now crappy machines being made into better machines is a logical progression, you can still use the lower ones but for better stuff you need to upgrade it, i'm ok with something like that.
Having to grind hundreds of grass clippings or whatever to make dye to upgrade on the other hand, goes along with previous statements.
Not everyone likes gregtech type crafting, but if they want to take their mod into that category go ahead. But at least give a config edit to make it easy/hard.

What I really need to do is take the time to learn the recipe changing mod to just switch poo poo like that out back to ground coal.

I meant the industrial dye or whatever. Your machines have to be this exact color to use them!!!

Tubular Bells
Jul 20, 2017

McFrugal posted:

Storage cells can be moved around freely.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Yeah, you can pull drives from an ME Drive and they'll retain the contents.

If you want to quickly dump all the stuff on your old disks to a new disk, make an ME IO Port. Put it on the network, then yank all the old drives, install your new drive, and use the ME IO port. Put the old disks on the section on the left, and it'll dump them to the new drive. Then, you can reinstall your old drives to get their storage capacity back.

Thanks, that's a relief.

Also, I clearly underestimated just how much cobble I was going to have to gen for this. I had just assumed that 1 byte = 1 item, but I've already put 12.5k cobble into this thing and I've only used about 2k bytes. The wiki says its about 256k items, which actually might not be too bad if I could figure out how to automatically pipe the output of the generator into the drive

E: Looks like I can just make an Import Bus and pipe the cobble into the network.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Alternatively, you can use item pipes to suck out inventories and output into an ME interface block, which doesn't have a bandwidth limit like an Import Bus does. It will handle any number of items simultaneously.

This is generally how my machine room gets its results back into my network, particularly when playing with channels on.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is there a mod out there that just reduces the grind? I'm thinking a mod that does stuff like double the yield of diamond blocks, give your two iron whenever you smelt an iron ore, double xp and mob drops, that kind of stuff. Something that doesn't change the core gameplay loop but reduces the number of loops needed to reach each successive stage of the game.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Tubular Bells posted:

Thanks, that's a relief.

Also, I clearly underestimated just how much cobble I was going to have to gen for this. I had just assumed that 1 byte = 1 item, but I've already put 12.5k cobble into this thing and I've only used about 2k bytes. The wiki says its about 256k items, which actually might not be too bad if I could figure out how to automatically pipe the output of the generator into the drive

E: Looks like I can just make an Import Bus and pipe the cobble into the network.

If you're trying to make a singularity, then you're doing it wrong. There's a special machine for making them that has a slot for a drive. I think it's a recycler or something? The quest book should say.

I used item translocators (click on them with glowstone to speed them up) with two level 4 cobblegens, got a singularity every 5-10 minutes.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

OgNar posted:

I also like EnderIO's thematics - wacky necroscience - but the recent additions of MANDATORY GRIND is really off-putting.

Which is why when it's in DPT packs, I spend the time to make the crafting recipes for it way, way less bullshit. CraftTweaker is useful as all hell for telling mod devs who crawl up their own balance-by-tedium assholes to gently caress right off.

Tubular Bells
Jul 20, 2017

Wolfsbane posted:

If you're trying to make a singularity, then you're doing it wrong. There's a special machine for making them that has a slot for a drive. I think it's a recycler or something? The quest book should say.

I used item translocators (click on them with glowstone to speed them up) with two level 4 cobblegens, got a singularity every 5-10 minutes.

You're right and I'm an idiot, I need a Matter Condenser. I did get the feeling I was doing it wrong, but I pushed forward stubbornly anyway.

E: Translocators are definitely making this go a lot faster yeah.

Tubular Bells fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 23, 2019

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Tubular Bells posted:

You're right and I'm an idiot, I need a Matter Condenser. I did get the feeling I was doing it wrong, but I pushed forward stubbornly anyway.

Also to give you a heads up:you're gonna need more than one singularity, so have a good setup for having that rolling

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I realize this is probably asked a bit but searching this thread and for minecraft mods in general is tricky. I'd like an upgraded vanilla experience but without all the tech stuff. Hexxit might be good as it's supposed to have a lot of exploration stuff, although it looks like the official one hasn't been touched in years.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Patware posted:

The very first time I set up an AE2 storage system, i sat and ground through it and did all the bullshit

Now I just cheat a basic creative storage (non-wireless) as one of the first things I do in any modpack when possible because it's just not fun to dick with storage

Yeah I'm just about there in DDASS, because god Minecraft Storage is the most un-fun thing in the entire goddamn world.

EDIT: Just did this and I'm kicking myself for not doing it a while ago.

Carecat posted:

I realize this is probably asked a bit but searching this thread and for minecraft mods in general is tricky. I'd like an upgraded vanilla experience but without all the tech stuff. Hexxit might be good as it's supposed to have a lot of exploration stuff, although it looks like the official one hasn't been touched in years.

Are you looking for a modpack or just a mod? Quark is a pretty good Vanilla+ mod if you just want one, and I'm sure there's some pretty low-impact vanilla+ style modpacks on curse, but I don't know of any offhand.

Falcon2001 fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 24, 2019

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Carecat posted:

Check out the modpack Nature's Beauty. It's got a bunch of structure gen, it's got some extra tools, but it's focused on making Vanilla feel prettier and it slightly reduces grind. Theres very limited tech, there's no magic, the whole thing is just designed to be Vanilla, But More.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Thanks, probably looking more towards a mod pack so I can get exploration/adventure bits as well as extra crafting and tools. These two look like an interesting start point.