Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

AAA and indie, the two states of being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Am I missing something crucial here or is Yoshi for NES really as boring as it seems to be?

It's always been boring. I grew up with the NES and stuck with it to the very end, and out of the many puzzle games released for the platform, Yoshi was always this weird uninteresting puzzle game. Yoshi's Cookie was the better of the two Yoshi puzzle games on the console. The only other puzzle game I can think of off the top of my head as bad as Yoshi would probably be Hatris.

I'm sure Yoshi was designed as "baby's first puzzle game" because of its lack of complexity.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
is tetris attack, the truly greatest puzzle game, coming back any time soon?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You'll get Panel de Pon and you'll like it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

Grasshopper Manufacture is owned by "GungHo Online Entertainment" (who were formerly owned by Softbank)

well whoever owns Suda's poo poo I'm grateful they keep letting him actually do things. Poor fucker probably never has had a financial success.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

No Wave posted:

is tetris attack, the truly greatest puzzle game, coming back any time soon?

Nintendo calls the series Puzzle League now and one appeared inside of Animal Crossing New Leaf. I wouldn’t be surprised if it returns in New Horizon.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Oh I forgot all about pokemon puzzle league et al. Yeah I hope we're due for a new one somewhere on the switch it's fantastic gameplay.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Mercury Crusader posted:

I'm sure Yoshi was designed as "baby's first puzzle game" because of its lack of complexity.

Okay, I wasn't sure if I was missing some mechanic that made the game fun or if it really is just "match the pictures".

Also dang I really wish you could access manual scans from inside the NES games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Terper posted:

Early Access and Beta Release, the two states of being

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bloo🅱️er

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I discovered today that there is a game called “Caged Garden Cock Robin” coming out on the 25th.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SeANMcBAY posted:

Nintendo calls the series Puzzle League now and one appeared inside of Animal Crossing New Leaf. I wouldn’t be surprised if it returns in New Horizon.

Wait, there's a chance that Animal Crossing will come with Tetris Attack?

Gimme that and Wario's Woods again and I don't even really need the rest of the 'crossing.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Do these tutorial pop-ups in UA3 ever stop? I'm still only on the Raft, but I've gotten the same tooltip message, that takes up the entire left half of the screen, about depleting an enemy's stagger gauge every single time I've encountered one!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Is Metroid indie?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mega64 posted:

Is Metroid indie?

Yeah its gonna be in de...velopment until 2025

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

yes. 2D platformer is indie no matter who makes it.

EDIT: Oh it's metroid prime 4? Not indie, sadly.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

You'll get Panel de Pon and you'll like it

yes, yes i would!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Panel de Pon, tetris attack, senran kagura puzzle league, i dont care, just anything with them blocks.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjwlrvcKcfI

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

There is an Ape Out demo up now:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/ape-out-switch/

Also it’s 30% off

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1153412091254104064?s=21

Get Ape Out, it’s güd

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 23, 2019

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

LODGE NORTH posted:

Where oh where is this deal

http://www.massgenie.com/nintendo-5...aign=socialshop

$50 eShop card for $42 with "power deal" that auto-uses coupon code NIN50ESHOP2

The deal/code is supposed to be one per customer but that only seems to kick in after it "ships" so you should be able to simply claim multiple singles

I think technically it's a referral thing judging by the url but feel free to just search the site or saw that part off

E: Also Fry's Electronics does $50 for $40, and/or $35 for $28 in store. "Limit 1", but the actual limit is 3 as enforced by the registers. The promo needs a code you can get from their website. The price on the website will show up masked anytime the promo is running, which is basically every weekend and many weekdays.

Also Costco has a permanent $50 for $45 thing in store, and online with email delivery

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 23, 2019

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah its gonna be in de...velopment

This is the best post I've read all year

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Hammer Bro. posted:

Wait, there's a chance that Animal Crossing will come with Tetris Attack?

Gimme that and Wario's Woods again and I don't even really need the rest of the 'crossing.

Unfortunately no. It's a minigame inside Animal Crossing New Leaf and its only available if you manage to get a 3DS item in the game itself (kind of a throwback to how the original AC games had playable NES games as furniture).

That's what Puzzle League/Panel De Pon/Tetris Attack has been reduced to: A mini-game inside a completely different series.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zuzie posted:

Unfortunately no. It's a minigame inside Animal Crossing New Leaf and its only available if you manage to get a 3DS item in the game itself (kind of a throwback to how the original AC games had playable NES games as furniture).

That's what Puzzle League/Panel De Pon/Tetris Attack has been reduced to: A mini-game inside a completely different series.

It’s still pretty meaty for being a bonus in another game. I’ll be happy if that version returns along with that kick rear end island escape game.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think the last 'proper' version of puzzle league was Planet Puzzle League on the DS. Also there was a mini downloadable version called Puzzle League Express but I don't know if you can still buy DSiWare.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Puzzle League has always had identity issues but I feel like a new Panel De Pon with a nice hand drawn art style would go over pretty well in the west now that it's not the 90's anymore.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Silver Snail posted:

Puzzle League has always had identity issues but I feel like a new Panel De Pon with a nice hand drawn art style would go over pretty well in the west now that it's not the 90's anymore.

And even if it didn’t, it would easy enough to import.:)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there an Official Nintendo Picross game on the Switch

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is there an Official Nintendo Picross game on the Switch

Picross S has 3 entries

I guess it's not official Nintendo but Jupiter has only made Nintendo games dating back to the Game Boy.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The "Picross" brand name is a Nintendo trademark that Jupiter is allowed to use so that's close enough.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hey y'all, just thought you should know fire emblem: three houses has been dumped online and it's a spoiler breeding ground, well, take care

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is the story worth caring about in this one? I tend to start skipping cutscenes once they get too grating to get to the battles faster

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm not gonna read the spoilers so I dunno, but apparently yes.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Chronojam posted:

http://www.massgenie.com/nintendo-5...aign=socialshop

$50 eShop card for $42 with "power deal" that auto-uses coupon code NIN50ESHOP2

The deal/code is supposed to be one per customer but that only seems to kick in after it "ships" so you should be able to simply claim multiple singles

I think technically it's a referral thing judging by the url but feel free to just search the site or saw that part off

E: Also Fry's Electronics does $50 for $40, and/or $35 for $28 in store. "Limit 1", but the actual limit is 3 as enforced by the registers. The promo needs a code you can get from their website. The price on the website will show up masked anytime the promo is running, which is basically every weekend and many weekdays.

Also Costco has a permanent $50 for $45 thing in store, and online with email delivery

Thanks for this, unfortunately it doesn't work with a non-US card when I tried.

Something about ~$40 new Switch games almost puts them into impulse buy territory I guess

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I can’t put my finger on it, but something about all the astral chain vids I’ve watched and tried to get hype for screams that it’s gonna be one of those B-tier platinum games. It’s good because I’m happy to be proven wrong and it means the A-team is obviously hard at work making Bayo 3 GOTY for all subsequent years.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bayo 3 is a pipe dream

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have found the YouTube compression algorithm seems to wreak absolute havoc on Astral Chains visuals

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I have found the YouTube compression algorithm seems to wreak absolute havoc on Astral Chains visuals

It has that gross hyper-sharpened look that Xenoblade 2 had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/rxrm80/status/1153583208631549953

Decided that the cleaning fluid wasn't gonna cut it anymore, so I finally did the inevitable and replaced the sticks. The difference is like day and night, you can actually pull the plunger in Pinball FX3 to a certain amount again. They're not exactly the same model but they work. I can now use the Switch as a portable, and without costing me shitload of money. 5 out of 5 would void my warranty again.