Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Well first you have to make the hole, and then you have to keep the hole whole. There's a whole lot that goes into a hole.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
We're about 1.5 years from the same quote but about cars exploding and not crashing themselves into poo poo.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JoeyAguaFresca/status/1153716237211525120?s=19

A+

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Relevant Tangent posted:

SA has been about the abyss staring back since the beginning

the internet does not ask politely that you become stupid. no. the internet makes you stupid

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

I totally expected the autopilot to freak the gently caress out and slam into the right side railing because of the semi truck going "backwards" in the right lane.

I wonder if it instead went "ah, I'm tripping poo poo again, turning off any and all more complex heuristics and becoming a pure line follower for now" which allowed it to ignore the cones.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Teal posted:

I totally expected the autopilot to freak the gently caress out and slam into the right side railing because of the semi truck going "backwards" in the right lane.

I wonder if it instead went "ah, I'm tripping poo poo again, turning off any and all more complex heuristics and becoming a pure line follower for now" which allowed it to ignore the cones.

msusk

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Umm I believe u will find that it connected to the secret Tesla mainframe which used it's super Intel Xeon processors to determine that destroying the cones was the lowest monetary value to fix, and thus made the ethical choice

Thanks elon

Dezinus has issued a correction as of 00:03 on Jul 24, 2019

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/3d_Cristina/status/1140314651365797889

e: Oops a month old

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

is this dude saying the plowing straight into the side of a semi at highway speeds is “not an issue” because at least you’re not going under it and getting decapitated?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

bird with big dick posted:

is this dude saying the plowing straight into the side of a semi at highway speeds is “not an issue” because at least you’re not going under it and getting decapitated?

the top guy is saying the side panel things obscure the road, to the tesla would smartly go "ah a truck, I can NOT drive through that!"

the bottom guy is saying humans also intentionally drive under trucks because they can see the road, so it's not really a :airquote:bug since car is accurately replicating the puny human intelligence it will soon eclipse

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Dezinus posted:

Umm I believe u will find that it connected sigh the secret Tesla mainframe which used it's super Intel Xeon processors to determine that destroying the cones was the lowest monetary value to fix, and thus made the ethical choice

Thanks elon
Elon's trolley problem includes the option of using the brakes but the answer is still to drive over people

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

baka kaba posted:

the top guy is saying the side panel things obscure the road, to the tesla would smartly go "ah a truck, I can NOT drive through that!"

the bottom guy is saying humans also intentionally drive under trucks because they can see the road, so it's not really a :airquote:bug since car is accurately replicating the puny human intelligence it will soon eclipse

yeah the laws that require low boarding on trucks in EU are not at all about helping out our poor brains incapable of telling a truck from an overpass but to make the eventual collision less guillotiney

I'm willing to concede the "it's hard to tell how far/large a thing is when it's not touching the ground" in case of really errant things like kangaroos or deer, but if any one human can't tell they shouldn't try to squeeze their sportscar beneath a flatbed they shouldn't be allowed to drive a car, and neither should the tesla "autopilot"

what the gently caress is depth perception

Teal has issued a correction as of 21:40 on Jul 23, 2019

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Teal posted:

yeah the laws that require low boarding on trucks in EU are not at all about helping out our poor brains incapable of telling a truck from an overpass but to make the eventual collision less guillotiney

I'm willing to concede the "it's hard to tell how far/large a thing is when it's not touching the ground" in case of really errant things like kangaroos or deer, but if any one human can't tell they shouldn't try to squeeze their sportscar beneath a flatbed they shouldn't be allowed to drive a car, and neither should the tesla "autopilot"

iirc they're also there to help prevent cyclist/pedestrians from just dropping underneath should they fall next to the truck

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

quote:

You could easily miss the damage that it caused. Slight deformation of the front bumper, dent in the hood that's only visible at the right angle, destroyed mirror and scratches where the mirror slammed into the driver's door. There was also some damage under the car, cracking a coolant hose which caused a leak in the battery coolant (lost 3 of its 6 gallon coolant capacity in 2 days).

ah yes, very hard to notice, but because i am a truly discerning owner,

saphirecalypso
Jul 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
confirmed

saphirecalypso has issued a correction as of 23:49 on Jul 24, 2019

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
.....who is that

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

https://github.com/saphirecalypso/F2D64AD97033074E

Is that some crypto nonsense in the MEAT, POTATOES, and VITAMIX files? Seems like a spam bot on a day old account, but what a weird way to get people to look at your stuff.

saphirecalypso
Jul 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
confirmed

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

.....who is that

a made up person for crypto exercises

idk why they're posting it in this thread tho

saphirecalypso posted:

I am very sorry if I broke any rules. I am new to this forum.

generally forums threads have a topic and the posts in them relate to that topic or contribute meaningfully to the discussion in some way. gl not getting banned immediately lol

A MIRACLE has issued a correction as of 22:35 on Jul 23, 2019

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

saphirecalypso posted:

I am very sorry if I broke any rules. I am new to this forum.

Please discuss why you believe Elon Musk is a nice man, and I might try your puzzle.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Teal posted:

what if theres an overpass thats painted to look like a flatbed truck and the road only dips below the apparent flatbed when it gets close, i bet some human drivers would be fooled too

autopilot confirmed for 40% 60% 69% :nice: safer than humans under all conditions

saphirecalypso
Jul 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
confirmed

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
pounding my fists on the table screaming Q2 EARNINGS REPORT over and over again

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

sleppy posted:

https://github.com/saphirecalypso/F2D64AD97033074E

Is that some crypto nonsense in the MEAT, POTATOES, and VITAMIX files? Seems like a spam bot on a day old account, but what a weird way to get people to look at your stuff.

is this some kind of performance art?

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Elon Musk is dumb as gently caress but a victim of his own overpowering ego, deluding himself into thinking he knows everything. He's never seen a question that he wasn't immediately able to give a completely wrong answer for.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Is this a new schizophrenic bot to replace jeffrey

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
No, it's the guy who runs Tesla as well as some other awful grift-adjacent companies with terrible and badly executed ideas.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

saphirecalypso posted:

The funding of multidisciplinary science and technology to better humanity.

Musks ability to run projects with utmost secrecy.

The funding of modern BMI's.

epstein also did these things

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheDarkFlame posted:

No, it's the guy who runs Tesla as well as some other awful grift-adjacent companies with terrible and badly executed ideas.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

epstein also did these things

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

oh look another dumbass arg you’re only 12 years too late to be interesting

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

aw man i was gonna say we got a live one but mods are already on it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
so is this robin sage really missing or not?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
MKSU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

bird with big dick posted:

so is this robin sage really missing or not?

it’s a made up person

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
but how can we know for sure

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lmao

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lmao how is this piece of poo poo legal?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Market.

Disruptors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Nothus posted:

lmao how is this piece of poo poo legal?

gold fringe shenanigans and regulatory lag