Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Sagebrush posted:

i didn't think it was funny from the beginning :colbert:

:same:

Wasn't he supposed to start posting here too? drat coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Self employed as a model and relationship consultant/tutor, that's all uncle Sam needs to know

I’d wager that 25% of the income tax paid by “personal trainers” is actually from sex workers. I mean, this is basic stuff that almost anyone not doing survival sex work on the street has handled.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Funeral attendance

quote:

We unfortunately just lost my grandfather. The funeral is set for this weekend in a different state. It’s very expensive to fly into the closest airport. My mother told me that she is planning on driving there. This would be great. However, there are a couple of big problems, the first being that my husband is having surgery on Friday. I don’t want to leave him, especially since we have two very active small children. Another big issue is that I just found out my mother is traveling with her husband and my sibling. We recently had my grandmother’s funeral (not the wife of my recently deceased grandfather) and he decided to carry his gun. This was completely uncalled for and disrespectful of my grandmother, who was anti-gun. My sibling is mentally ill and has attempted to kill me. They have also threatened the lives of my children. I don’t know if I’m being paranoid, but the thought of traveling with them for 30 hours makes me very uncomfortable.

My grandmother (recently deceased grandfather’s wife) told me that she would stay with her husband if she were in my shoes. There will be an additional celebration of life at a later time for family and friends in our state. At this point, I would rather stay with my husband and go to the celebration of life. Would it be socially acceptable for me to stay with my husband instead of attending the funeral? If so, how do I tell my mother that I have changed my mind about going?

quote:

You are not being paranoid for not wanting to spend 30 hours with someone who has tried to kill you. Oh my God! “I can’t be around X, who as you may remember has tried to kill me, so I won’t attending the funeral. I’ll be staying at home with the kids and helping [Husband] prepare for his surgery. I love you and I hope you have a safe, meaningful time with the rest of the family.”

Prudence is right. Don't bury the lede like that

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Patrick Spens posted:

The poo poo you people think is obviously fake is wild.

they're upper middle class computer touchers who have no experience with trashy people

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Vim Fuego posted:

How do you know if someone is polyamorous? Don't worry, they'll explain it all to your 8 year old

still preferable to vegan

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for telling my son to power through his boyfriend's death

quote:

First I would like to say I am not homophobic, I know my son is gay for many years and is okay with it, I am a pretty open asian father.

My son has been seeing this T guy for 8 years, 2 months ago my daughter said T was involved in a traffic accident that took his life. My son is devastated, during this time I left him alone, because I believe he needs time for himself. I lost my 1st love to traffic accident so I know how he felt.

Last week he came home unexpectedly and stayed for 5 days. He did nothing but sleep, eat, sit alone and sob. It pains me seeing him this way. On the 3rd day he decided to talk to me, asking what should he do. I told him that he needs to get over it, because he has his parents and his sister to take care of in the future, and that although he is gay, he is still a man, and should act like one, that is how I did it, I powered through the pain, no one can help him but himself.

He nodded and said nothing more. This morning, my daughter called and asked why did I not console him like I did when she broke up with her 1st boyfriend. I said I did console him, just in a different way, I will not hug and say it's ok, I love you to him like I did to her. Because I know my kid, and what exactly do they need.

My daughter said I was insensitive, and sexist, which I do not agree. She helped me to post here and see the judgement. So can you tell me AITA.?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

DemoneeHo posted:

Holy gently caress

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

hawowanlawow posted:

they're upper middle class computer touchers who have no experience with trashy people

I'll have you know I live in Florida. All I know is trashy people!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Marchofthepenguins posted:

My boyfriend [27M] asked his ex-girlfriend [23F] to be his date for a wedding instead of me [28F].

Plus he said, “Lots of people there still think I’m dating her. There would be less confusion if she came with me.”

If she does wind up going with him, he's 100% going to introduce her to everyone as his "friend" and avoid all displays of affection.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
AITA for telling my boyfriend that I'll get a Brazilian if he gets his balls waxed?
Pretty straightforward. I (25f) let my pubic hair grow out. I trim it occasionally so it's not totally out of control, and I naturally have light, thin body hair, but I gave up waxing a few years ago because it's painful and expensive and...just not worth it in my estimation.

My BF (27m) of a few months didn't seem to mind, but recently he made a comment to the effect of "It would be really hot if you got a wax." He didn't ask or demand that I do so, just sort of stated that he'd be into it. I laughed and said that it was pretty painful and expensive, and he again said that he understood, but that he still found it hot. I got a little annoyed and snarkily added that if he got his area waxed, I'd do mine. He grimaced but didn't bring it up again. I was annoyed that he expressed an opinion about my body hair, which I very much feel is my prerogative. I told a few friends who don't know him about this interaction, and opinion is pretty split as to whether he was the rear end in a top hat for bringing up a preference about my body, or I was for shooting him down so bluntly.

So, reddit, AITA?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Boyfriend should get his balls waxed and then she starts dating a Brazilian dude

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Pirate Radar posted:

This is cool but I think mllaneza was actually referring to strategic bombing.

Correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbP2tKR-goQ

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

CAN you wax balls???

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Sagebrush posted:

i didn't think it was funny from the beginning :colbert:

Dems fightin words bruh!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

DemoneeHo posted:

Almost at goat-man levels of rear end in a top hat here. I'm sorry your partner of 8 years died but your a man! Bottle up those feelings and never show them to anyone!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

hawowanlawow posted:

CAN you wax balls???

:derp: yes :derp:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
AITA for telling my stepdaughter I want nothing to do with her after it emerged she has been telling her friends I’m abusive?
I’ve been in my stepdaughters life for 14 years, she’s 18.

We are like mother and daughter, I was unable to conceive so she’s very much like my own flesh and blood. I have sacrificed for her, love her, want nothing but the best for her, put her first always.

I’d have told you that she felt the same- she’d call me mum, introduce me as her mother, would ask me to take her to drs appts + come in and hold her hand for things like contraceptives and smear tests. She never asked her bio mum.

She was at our home recently and her friends were there. She’d gone to get food with some of her friends and the others remained behind as they were playing games. One of them blurted out to me ‘I can’t believe you’re pretending to be so nice to her in front of us, we all know what an evil bitch you are’

I was completely thrown and said excuse me? What are you talking about? And they all quickly chimed in about how abusive I am, I ripped her away from her father, I’m a desperate childless old bitch who is jealous of my daughter and I want her to suffer. There was a LOT said, and a lot of private things I told my daughter came spilling out of their mouths too (I sold my designer wedding shoes to pay for her prom dress because her dad refused to spend a grand on it, and she’d twisted it to her friends like ‘I didn’t get her a birthday present so it’s the least I could do’- no, I didn’t get her a birthday present because I had got her the dress!!)

My heart crumbled in a matter of moments, when she came back I asked to speak to her in private. She was shocked that I knew, and stumbled her way through the conversation passing it all off as a practical joke, that she didn’t mean it, that she had to fit in with her friends, she burst into tears whilst saying sorry, sorry, and she didn’t know why she’d done it.

I left the house and phoned my husband in tears and he immediately defended me and essentially he’s asked her not to come back to the house. He has minimised contact with her because he too can’t believe why she’d lie like this. It later emerged that even at school, she’d tell her teachers how evil I was so there I went to all these parent evenings whilst they probably looked at me like I was a complete and utter arse.

It’s been a few weeks now and my stepdaughter hasn’t stopped coming by the house to apologise or try and talk to me. I told her I want nothing to do with her right now, I’m reeling from a deep betrayal. That she used my inability to have bio children as a way to laugh at me trying to bond with her, that she disregarded the love I have ... I don’t know who this person I helped raise is.

My in laws have been supportive but MIL is gently trying to encourage me to open up communication as my stepdaughter apparently hasn’t been sleeping or eating- well, neither have I!

Frankly I don’t care if she’s hurting right now- I gave her all my love- all of it. I will eventually speak to her but right now I just want to process this on my own.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

If your parents want to pay for your wedding but only if they think you are having kids, bilk the misogynist jerks for all you can.

If they don't want to pay either way that's fine

If they are trying to manipulate you with rewards for reinforcing traditional family values gently caress em.

Pretty much this, a lot of the times I've seen people lie about having kids it's been due to their families expecting them to have kids out of tradition/religion/whatever bullshit they want. Sometimes even threatening to cut off their own kids from family or inheritance because of their choices not being in line with said traditional/religious garbage. Even funnier when the kids stand their ground & go no contact, then the parents cry about how they never keep in touch :lol: they can get hosed.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Kuros posted:

Almost at goat-man levels of rear end in a top hat here. I'm sorry your partner of 8 years died but your a man! Bottle up those feelings and never show them to anyone!

just regular old Traditional Asian Dad syndrome, unfortunately

there have been a number of those scattered around where the parents are like "in my culture we don't tell our children we love them, as it is obvious because we give them food and a bedroom" and it's always just desperately sad

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Power Khan posted:

AITA for telling my stepdaughter I want nothing to do with her after it emerged she has been telling her friends I’m abusive?

Spoiled suburban kids invent abuse/trauma to validate themselves and gain social equity: Welcome to Generation Z

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kuros posted:

Almost at goat-man levels of rear end in a top hat here. I'm sorry your partner of 8 years died but your a man! Bottle up those feelings and never show them to anyone so you can provide free labor and board for me when I'm old

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Power Khan posted:

Ouch.... that’s some poo poo right there.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Power Khan posted:

Assuming this woman is telling the whole truth and this isn't some attempt to manipulate the facts to fit her narrative while actually abusing her stepdaughter, then NTA. That's a pretty horrific lie to tell and perpetuate. An 18 year old should know better, and if she's suffering and remorseful now that she's experiencing consequences, then good. She ought to feel bad. Glad the OP isn't cutting her out permanently, because that'd be a cruel thing to do to your daughter for being a dumber-than-usual teenager, but taking a few months to cool off and let the other party stew is more than justified.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Sagebrush posted:

just regular old Traditional Asian Dad syndrome, unfortunately

there have been a number of those scattered around where the parents are like "in my culture we don't tell our children we love them, as it is obvious because we give them food and a bedroom" and it's always just desperately sad

Asian Dads White Dads
(handshake emoji)
emotional abuse
& segregated golf courses

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

LanceHunter posted:

Spoiled suburban kids invent abuse/trauma to validate themselves and gain social equity: Welcome to Generation Z

i mean sort of, yeah, but 14 year old girls have been playing impossibly cruel psychological games with each other for all of time, and the whole "if you want to be my friend you have to intentionally wreck your relationship with X person i don't like" is like page 1 in the playbook.

yes the girl is being a little poo poo but knowing the kind of stuff my sister had to deal with at that age i almost don't blame her

e: wait, she's 18 and has known the mom for 14 years. ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's old enough to have grown out of it but if these are people she's been in high school with all along it's likely that she started early and hasn't been able to roll it back.

basically lock all teenagers up in cages from age 12-18

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Asian Dads White Dads
(handshake emoji)
emotional abuse
& segregated golf courses

I've heard some doozies about african dads as well!

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
*Surveys the audience*
*Conductor baton knocks for attention*
*turns to orchestra*

AITA for destroying my 8-year-old nephew's computer?
My sister had to move with me after she had trouble in paradise and my parents wouldn't accept her (she's 31, I'm 26). She's been living with me for 2 months and my nephew has pretty much ruined my life.

He managed to dent my 4K screen a couple hours after moving in, scratched my Nintendo Switch, sat on my Beats on purpose, even cracked a brand new Rolex that I was planning on gifting to my girlfriend.

But the final straw for me came last week, when he poured AN ENTIRE GALLON of HOT water inside my Mineral Oil Submerged Computer while I was out of home. He knew the computer worked with oil. And did that anyway.

Told him to never touch it. And did it anyway. Told him that it meant a lot to me. And broke it anyway.

$4000 down the drain. An entire year of building it down the drain.

Tired of his crap, I grabbed that same gallon he used to ruin my computer, filled it up with water and poured it all over his laptop. Now he finally understood what that felt like and started sobbing, kicking the floor, even had the guts to call me names. He was no longer giggling and playing stupid. Because, of course, this time it was HIS most precious possession, and not mine. My sister kept guilt tripping me about the kid not even have dinner that night, since he was "insanely upset". Neither did I, boo loving hoo.

As expected, now I'm the bad guy and OUR ENTIRE FAMILY is telling me to "grow up" and "buy the kid a new laptop before he hates me forever".

I won't buy him poo poo. I don't care if it's my nephew's PC or Justin Bieber's. He broke my dream project and I retaliated.

gently caress them kids.

AITA?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Power Khan posted:

my Beats
a brand new Rolex that I was planning on gifting to my girlfriend

$4000 Mineral Oil Submerged Computer

get a life, rear end in a top hat

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
At least he didn't keep a loaded firearm around.

*Shot my gold plated Saddam Hussein AK47 at my 500L aquarium* would fit right in there

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Power Khan posted:

Nice humblebrag

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Power Khan posted:

*Surveys the audience*
*Conductor baton knocks for attention*
*turns to orchestra*

My sister had to move with me after she had trouble in paradise and my parents wouldn't accept her (she's 31, I'm 26). She's been living with me for 2 months and my nephew has pretty much ruined my life.

He managed to dent my 4K screen a couple hours after moving in, scratched my Nintendo Switch, sat on my Beats on purpose, even cracked a brand new Rolex that I was planning on gifting to my girlfriend.

But the final straw for me came last week, when he poured AN ENTIRE GALLON of HOT water inside my Mineral Oil Submerged Computer while I was out of home. He knew the computer worked with oil. And did that anyway.

Told him to never touch it. And did it anyway. Told him that it meant a lot to me. And broke it anyway.

$4000 down the drain. An entire year of building it down the drain.

Tired of his crap, I grabbed that same gallon he used to ruin my computer, filled it up with water and poured it all over his laptop. Now he finally understood what that felt like and started sobbing, kicking the floor, even had the guts to call me names. He was no longer giggling and playing stupid. Because, of course, this time it was HIS most precious possession, and not mine. My sister kept guilt tripping me about the kid not even have dinner that night, since he was "insanely upset". Neither did I, boo loving hoo.

As expected, now I'm the bad guy and OUR ENTIRE FAMILY is telling me to "grow up" and "buy the kid a new laptop before he hates me forever".

I won't buy him poo poo. I don't care if it's my nephew's PC or Justin Bieber's. He broke my dream project and I retaliated.

gently caress them kids.

AITA?

Everyone Sucks, but I would have had the sister pay for poo poo or kick them out after the first incident.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I feel like if you offer to allow your sister and her kid to move in with you she should have some control over her kid. A computer is a reasonable thing to leave around the house in the open while a gun is not. Also the kid is old enough to understand he shouldn't dump a gallon of water over his own laptop.

Guy is an rear end in a top hat for retaliating but his sister is an rear end in a top hat for not offering to pay for his broken poo poo.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I have a feeling the sister isn't going to pay for any of the poo poo her little fucker broke

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

Power Khan posted:

I just... like yes you're undoubtedly the rear end in a top hat but the kid is too? Yes he's 8, but by 8 instructions like "don't touch this, it's fragile" can generally be understood and followed. Kid sounds like a nightmare, you all suck.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Power Khan posted:

It’s been a few weeks now and my stepdaughter hasn’t stopped coming by the house to apologise or try and talk to me.

There's nothing really to talk about. You now know what she actually thinks of you. What will she say? That she regrets saying those things? That she made a mistake? That she doesn't know why she did it? She did it to gain social acceptance. You now know she's 100% willing to throw you under the bus for a leg up in the world. If she's willing to do that to you then she's willing to do that to anyone. If she wants to show she's serious she needs to make amends. Making amends for this is saying "sorry". It's going to every person she lied about you to and telling them she's actual trash that lied for social standing in a toxic group. Until she does that she is just using you like she already has.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I wonder why the parents didn't want the sister and kid living with them, perhaps it's because they know he's not well behaved and the sister doesn't care? Things that make you think

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
What is a Mineral Oil Submerged Computer

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The mineral oil works as a coolant. It's like water cooled but with oil.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

zakharov posted:

What is a Mineral Oil Submerged Computer

Liquid cooled by submerging the entire computer (chipset/videocards/everything) in mineral oil which is both non-conductive (so as not to interfere with normal operation) and also an excellent thermal conductor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
It also provides better lubrication so you can gently caress it.