Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Yellow Ant posted:

Also:
“Make America great again!”
vs
“How dare you say our country isn’t already great?”

Nah trumps pivoting to "we've made America great but immigrants are ruining it" so he can still safely criticise America

Uh page snipe, here:

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 20:38 on Jul 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Paladinus posted:

I thought they broke up. Or got married. Or both?

Purely business transactions

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fried Watermelon posted:

Purely business transactions

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

bike tory posted:

Nah trumps pivoting to "we've made America great but immigrants are ruining it" so he can still safely criticise America

Sigh, of course ☹️

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

bike tory posted:

it's not even that complicated

it's literally just all criticism of America from the right is good and all criticism of America from the left is grounds for deportation

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm pretty certain that the Area 51 meme is a subconscious but direct reaction to our concentration camps. Hopefully that mood will translate into action of some kind but I think most folks feel paralyzed and helpless to do anything about ICE other than harass and obstruct them. So fantasizing about storming Area 51 is a safe and funny way to express and explore those feelings

e: sometimes memes work as a decent barometer of public sentiment (among a particular population of course). I can't think of any others off the top of my head but I'm sure there's plenty of examples

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 21:43 on Jul 23, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm pretty certain that the Area 51 meme is a subconscious but direct reaction to our concentration camps. Hopefully that mood will translate into action of some kind but I think most folks feel paralyzed and helpless to do anything about ICE other than harass and obstruct them. So fantasizing about storming Area 51 is a safe and funny way to express and explore those feelings

e: sometimes memes work as a decent barometer of public sentiment (among a particular population of course). I can't think of any others off the top of my head but I'm sure there's plenty of examples

And the one time a guy actually did try to storm the concentration camp and got killed, everyone started uncomfortably looking at the ground and tut-tutting about how we really shouldn't be going that far.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

And the one time a guy actually did try to storm the concentration camp and got killed, everyone started uncomfortably looking at the ground and tut-tutting about how we really shouldn't be going that far.
Some folks were doing that, but most of the people I talked to supported the guy and still saw ICE as the bad guys in that situation. But our POVs there are def skewed by our peer groups

Serf
May 5, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

maybe in your circles. most folks i know think of him as a hero and a martyr

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Some folks were doing that, but most of the people I talked to supported the guy and still saw ICE as the bad guys in that situation. But our POVs there are def skewed by our peer groups

Same people who do "both sides" about Antifa and talk about how we really should just be nice and not hit Nazis with bike locks because "WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

Same people who do "both sides" about Antifa and talk about how we really should just be nice and not hit Nazis with bike locks because "WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE"
that's my favorite type of question to get now, because the answer is so easy--Nazis. Nazis is where the line is drawn. next

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

I wonder what Rene Magritte would think if he saw this meme

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

that's my favorite type of question to get now, because the answer is so easy--Nazis. Nazis is where the line is drawn. next

:hmmyes:

saphirecalypso
Jul 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
I am new to these forums. Are all welcome in this threads?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

saphirecalypso posted:

I don’t understand this meme.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

saphirecalypso posted:

Oh boy

If you're real, PM a mod or admin about posting your missing person thread, and you'll probably want to create a new thread in General Bullshit AFTER you get approval.

Hope she gets found safe and in good health, good luck

saphirecalypso
Jul 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Oh boy

If you're real, PM a mod or admin about posting your missing person thread, and you'll probably want to create a new thread in General Bullshit AFTER you get approval.

I am sorry, I did not mean to break any rules. We are trying to find robin sage.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Oh boy

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/07/im-not-100-with-anybody-ars-dissects-a-nigerian-twitter-catfish-scam/

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Sage

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

saphirecalypso posted:

I am sorry, I did not mean to break any rules. We are trying to find robin sage.

:butt: thoughts and prayers

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
oh snap, thanks for the links y'all. I'd literally never heard of this

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I still don’t get that meme!

It’s loss isn’t it?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

He was Willem Van Spronsen and you say his name when you talk about his heroism.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

saphirecalypso posted:

she's 25, it says so right there on the poster

Looch
Nov 6, 2007
My name says it all.
whats with the riddle in the github link? someone else solve it i'm busy

Looch has a new favorite as of 22:41 on Jul 23, 2019

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

MEAT
POTATOES
HAMBURGER HELPER
MILK
LIGHTNULBS

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

saphirecalypso posted:

This gimmick sucks

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh so it's an ARG thing it looks like? someone try calling the phone number

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tetracube posted:

oh so it's an ARG thing it looks like? someone try calling the phone number

It's a sex line. And a bad one at that!

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
looks like it goes here actually https://www.sentara.com/hospitalslocations/locations/sentara-norfolk-general-hospital/hours-directory.aspx

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

saphirecalypso posted:

It says she's 25 right on the ppster, dumpsterfuck

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

zoux posted:

BoJo is the new King of England, show me them Brexit memes

Former DILF has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Jul 24, 2019

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Scams are actually the first internet meme, he got the right thread

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel