Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
OMG it's the kid from stranger things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
his shirt says POUNDER something im sure of it

ahahahaha i just read he "bought everything in the store". that rules

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's a 'Dunder Mifflin' shirt.
It's a shirt advertising the company name from the show 'The Office'.

I have...no idea why a person that age would want or have something like that or even why that shirt would exist.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Big Beef City posted:

I have...no idea why a person that age would want or have something like that or even why that shirt would exist.

It's a good show and when you grow up in the world of streaming it doesn't matter what year a show aired in. Zoomers are awesome.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Big Beef City posted:

iirc the office is the most watched show in history next to friends neither of which i've seen a full season of, the latter even an episode. is this why i relate to no one IRL? is this why i spend every single day in agonizing desolation? this why i often fart in me own mouth?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

and that kid's name was

Albert Einstein

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

The critic reviews are in, Garfield Eats: rear end

Ok but so do most millenials these days though

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

The Big Agna sounds like it’ll give you Big Angina

"Be sure and tell 'em Large Agna sent ya"

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
unironically could see a 2019 garfield reboot replacing milquetoast jon with an incoherent arab bisexual failson real estater

garf the type of real rear end n-word who could heal societies fractured soul inside this period most dire

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Amateur Saboteur posted:

iirc the office is the most watched show in history next to friends neither of which i've seen a full season of, the latter even an episode. is this why i relate to no one IRL? is this why i spend every single day in agonizing desolation? this why i often fart in me own mouth?
I wonder similar things, but I actually think the order goes "unable to relate to anyone, ergo never watching 'improv troupe struggling to come up with funny lines' and 'oblivious lovely white people from your high school'"

Yet here we are talking about Garfield

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Amateur Saboteur posted:

unironically could see a 2019 garfield reboot replacing milquetoast jon with an incoherent arab bisexual failson real estater

garf the type of real rear end n-word who could heal societies fractured soul inside this period most dire

It's Garfield, but different. Jon is still Jon, but he is a little bit more of a homeless shizophrenic who has hallucinations of talking cats. Garfield is still Garfield, we keep that part. But he is more like a violent, abusive hallucination that Jon has and less like a real cat. Also, the Lasagna is now heroin and it's about addiction and dehumanization. The artsy people will love it!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Opferwurst posted:

It's Garfield, but different. Jon is still Jon, but he is a little bit more of a homeless shizophrenic who has hallucinations of talking cats. Garfield is still Garfield, we keep that part. But he is more like a violent, abusive hallucination that Jon has and less like a real cat. Also, the Lasagna is now heroin and it's about addiction and dehumanization. The artsy people will love it!

Jon is based on/possibly played by John McAfee?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Jon is now an aging jobless millenial whose only companion is his cat

You watch his lonely slide into dispair and abject poverty

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Garfield is a cat, if you're going to write realistic story, that cat is dead dude and Jon is like 50 now. He never found the right woman and thanks to the internet became a creepy old Deviant Art cat-themed sexpervert. Most of the time he is following politics and tweets #Trump all the time.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 25, 2019

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
dr video games eat the pizza

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Garfield is a cat, if you're going to write realistic story, that cat is dead dude and Jon is like 50 now. He never found the right woman and thanks to the internet became a creepy old Deviant Art cat-themed sexpervert. Most of the time he is following politics and tweets #Trump all the time.

Nah, he'd just be an incel.

Like he kind of always was.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Agent Escalus posted:

Nah, he'd just be an incel.

Like he kind of always was.

I can't believe you dont think he keeps a stuffed Garfield to gently caress. I can't believe this. He was always a fucker.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Jon is dating Liz. Their celebrity couple name is Jiz

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Hey, I just realized, the app is to gather user data and telemetry, isn't it? How much is this dude loving himself over by caving to UberEATS?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Hey, I just realized, the app is to gather user data and telemetry, isn't it? How much is this dude loving himself over by caving to UberEATS?

Isn't he like, stupid rich? The point of this restaurant, the point of this app, is to gratify his ego and occupy his time.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

I can't believe you dont think he keeps a stuffed Garfield to gently caress. I can't believe this. He was always a fucker.

first Garfield Only Garfield Is A Monster And Also A Videogame and now Garfield Only Jon Is A Rapist, drat it's a good time to be an afog (adult fan of garfield)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sleeveless posted:

first Garfield Only Garfield Is A Monster And Also A Videogame and now Garfield Only Jon Is A Rapist, drat it's a good time to be an afog (adult fan of garfield)

Epic, sir.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'd like one hot smoothie please

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Ah yes, pizza, lasagna and smoothies, traditional middle eastern fare.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Well poo poo, I have nothing else planned for tomorrow

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'd like one hot smoothie please

Lasagna and pizza shaped like a cat, quintessential Middle Eastern cuisine.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Lasagna and pizza shaped like a cat, quintessential Middle Eastern cuisine.

Maybe that's why the pizza is so bad and weird (orange sauce etc..) he has a different palette?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The guy invented garfield shaped pizza, he's free to claim it for saudi arabia

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Icochet posted:

The guy invented garfield shaped pizza, he's free to claim it for saudi arabia

it's a happiness-generating Wonder

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Enemies suffer 100% war weariness

Free 9/11 for every city on the continent

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
{Arabiolysis} Chapter 5 - Understanding the Others

quote:

Mazri's Law #5
Empathy is your power to understanding why people do what they do so you can always be ahead of the game. Listen and self-reflect, simultaneously.

After spending literally half the book in the angsty teenage years, Nathen is moving on to his angsty collegiate years. Well - trying to, at least. First Saudi Arabia has to let him go:

quote:

Approaching my last year in Saudi Arabia, I get ready for Concordia University in Montreal for my Bachelor Degree in Marketing as I received conditional acceptance stating they need the CITA accreditation verification from my high-school SABIS International School or King Abdul-Aziz International School. ...
And so I did after going through much stressful arguments and tension with the Lebanese secretary who obviously had a problem with me. Lebanese is a totally other culture and mind of its own. To understand Lebanese is to watch the movie Mean Girls with Lindsey Lohan where jealousy, materialism, hatred and gossip flows among them with ease which hits you with negative energy.

Wasn't he just talking about empathy? Whatever. As it turns out that King Abdul-Aziz High didn't have the accreditation needed so Nathan storms out:

quote:

I stormed back late into the classroom, took my things abruptly, and got out as if no on was there with full attitude. I went home, driving my blue MINI COOPER 2003 I received as a gift from my father and his Saudi partner. I explained to my mother and father the situation and they were obviously very angry. I was distraught, stressed, and angry, as I felt there is no way out for me. I changed the channel and out on the OC program where life is what it is supposed to be. Young people go to high-school, they get their Prom, they graduate, lovers try to apply together to college, get accepted and life goes on.

Good thing he's not materialistic like the Lebanese. Anyways, Nathen's dad finds him a different high school to rubber stamp his documents and nobody learns any lessons and nothing changes.

Abruptly Nathen drops the fact that he's actually Palestinian? I dunno - something something about never feeling 'at home'. He certainly doesn't feel at home in Saudi Arabia. Have you heard that he doesn't think it's a nice place? If you're not convinced yet, just wait until you read all these cut and pasted facts:

quote:

The most famous broadcast image embraced by the media was September 30, 2000 as reported by news.bbs.co.uk/ on Monday 2 October, 2000, 11:10 GMT 12:10 UK as immediate press release which reads that a Palestinian father and his son, Mohammed, were caught up between Palestinian security forces and Israeli troops. ...
The story goes on to make major headlines and catch the hearts of millions of people around the world watching the horrific moment on Al-Jazeera, Al-Arabiya, CNN, BBC, France 2, the Palestinian channel and 42 other channels worldwide.

quote:

However, Riyadh, the capital city of KSA consisted of a population growth of 150,000 inhabitants only during the 1960s while the US was enjoying a population growth of 179,323,175 American citizens

quote:

In the country where Transparency International's annual Corruption Perceptions Index for 2010 gave Saudi Arabia a score of 4.7 (on a scale from 0 to 10 where 0 is 'highly corrupt' and 10 is 'highly clean.') Well, look at the bright side; at least it's not a score of 2.0!!!

Nathan continues with facts about the Saudi's treatment of women (it's bad) and their treatment of people who have HIV (also bad). He mentions over and over that if you're an expat with HIV they'll deport you back to where you came from and how he sees it as very, very immoral to out someone as being HIV+. He's also very dismissive of Arabs as being a 'bunch of followers':

quote:

Coming from a marketing and advertising background, when did Arabs create brands consumed globally, rather than buying Western brands such as Louis Vuitton, Giorgio Armani, Nike, etc, and visiting restaurants like McDonald's, Baskin Robbins, Chilli's, Applebee's, Le Notre, etc. Arabs are not trend setters, they are trend followers, but taking much more time to follow up then the rest of the world. They never stand in a queue and always push themselves through aggressively like a crowd of Somalians wanting a bowl of rice.

Nathen takes a few more pot shots at the Middle East and here ends another chapter. Praise Allah.

Summary posted:

What is the theme of Chapter 5?
To accept what we are not and tolerate what we are not accustomed to - is difficult to approve, hence, we judge to validate our self-correctness without thinking or being self-aware. What if we observed, scrutinized, and questioned the unknown, then perhaps, we may have a full understanding of the other and why they do what they do, which becomes more acceptable and tolerated. Knowledge is infinite and if you believe it is definite, you are a man of no faith and imagination. To accept is to empathize. Empathy is the true key to self-introspection. If you can't empathize with yourself, then how can you tolerate yourself?

Up next: Chapter 6: Nathen beds his cousin and then most of Montreal.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Thots and Prayers posted:

what

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

how

e: oh right he's lying (about the second part)

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Up next: Chapter 6: Nathen beds his cousin.

GARFIELD!

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Chapter 7: Nathen gives birth to a fine, healthy litter of puppies.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Xaintrailles posted:

Chapter 7: Nathen gives birth to a fine, healthy litter of puppies.

lol

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Thoths and Prayers, did he already explain how he became obsessed with the orange cat? I feel like I want to read that chapter but I don't want to go back and dig for it through the insanity

Also, you are doing the Lord's work. Thank you

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

But there's nowhere to eat in-store?? Was he standing in a corner awkwardly eating a lasagna waiting for Nathen to show up???

Killingyouguy! posted:

Well poo poo, I have nothing else planned for tomorrow

:yeshaha:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
gently caress the Lebanese, the hateful curs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Opferwurst posted:

did he already explain how he became obsessed with the orange cat?

{Arabiolosis} Chapter 1 - Meet the Mazri's

Too busy talking about literally growing up with a silver spoon in his mouth, Nathen misses an opportunity to make a reference to his lifelong love of Garfield and orange-colored food. I'm sure that was a minor oversight.

Lol not really, no