Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

AkumaHokoru posted:

I don't have any rage I was explaining the point of QP in general. I personally welcome 2-2-2 as I'm a tank/sup main.

fair sorry I was just glossing over the people angryposting about not swapping

my bad :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I like the role queue change, and I would be astounded if the queues were actually 10 minutes for dps roles. It's probably going to be < 30 seconds for tank or support and like 2 minutes for dps. Can you queue for multiple roles if you're a switch hitter?

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Yes, you can. So if you like DPS the most but don't want long queues, you can dual queue for support and just play Zen, or Baptiste, or Ana.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Overwatch is Blizzard's dying moba

Correct!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dietrich posted:

I like the role queue change, and I would be astounded if the queues were actually 10 minutes for dps roles. It's probably going to be < 30 seconds for tank or support and like 2 minutes for dps. Can you queue for multiple roles if you're a switch hitter?

only if you're playing alone. if you're in a group, you have to pick one role

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

double post but seagull is about to play the new hero on ptr. he's at blizzard and they've been letting him try sigma out

https://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Sigma is on PTR for everybody right now!

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From a design standpoint it feels kinda weird that they gave him two orbs instead of one orb that fires twice

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

The Clowner posted:

From a design standpoint it feels kinda weird that they gave him two orbs instead of one orb that fires twice

he has 2 different orbs throughout his trailer.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It looks like he only has one at a time that changes forms. At least that's how I interpreted it

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Looks like a good hero and a good example of what they can do now that they don't have to worry about compositions including three heroes which compliment each-other to the point where they can't be countered.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

WTF. 1500 shield, instantly recastable as long as it has energy, 5 second cooldown once it's destroyed, additional 5 until it's fully recharged?

I thought people hated shields. Ah well.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

mcbexx posted:

WTF. 1500 shield, instantly recastable as long as it has energy, 5 second cooldown once it's destroyed, additional 5 until it's fully recharged?

Rein has been in the game since launch.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

mcbexx posted:

Reinhardt recharging rules apply here, it doesn't recast at 1500 if you pull it back and then put it back out immediately, and there is a reload style internal cooldown.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

megane posted:

Rein has been in the game since launch.

Oh, I wasn't aware that Reinhardt could project the shield in front of him and attack at the same time while his shield was up. My bad. Totally the same.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

why are people mean to each other so quickly

megane
Jun 20, 2008

mcbexx posted:

Oh, I wasn't aware that Reinhardt could project the shield in front of him and attack at the same time while his shield was up. My bad. Totally the same.

He can't! But his shield also has 500 more HP, and can be moved, rotated and redeployed instantly, while Sigma's can't.

e: Also it's dramatically larger. And I think it recharges faster, though it's hard to tell.

megane fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 23, 2019

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mcbexx posted:

role lock means you can't just run 3 shield tanks so it's not really a problem. sigma+orisa might be a problem but who knows

it's a pretty interesting ability, sigma's shield

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Yoshi Wins posted:

why are people mean to each other so quickly

I've noticed people being real jerks lately in all the OW threads I follow. :(

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Wildtortilla posted:

I've noticed people being real jerks lately in all the OW threads I follow. :(

The Overwatch and Chill thread is still good

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Apparently Sigma's ult can pull people up off the cart long enough for overtime to expire

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

megane posted:

Apparently Sigma's ult can pull people up off the cart long enough for overtime to expire

:laffo: I can't wait to see this in owl

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

megane posted:

This will still be a c9

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

This will still be a c9

sir. it will be a cc9

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

This will still be a c9

confirmed: https://clips.twitch.tv/HandsomeAdorableTofuTooSpicy

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

megane posted:

it has to be later in overtime where the timer is really short but yeah. you're going to need at least one person with Fade, Fortify, or any of the other abilities that will let you out of the ult

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Chat calls it a Sig9 though and chat is the definitive source on such matters.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It's kind of weird Sigma's bullet count is considered infinite, because his recharge on them is basically the same as a reload

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It'll be called a c9.8m/s²

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Idea: what if ultimates got taxed the longer you stayed on a hero? I.e. dragon blade costs 1300 ult points the first go around, if you stay on genji it goes to 1600, then 1900 etc. until the round ends. If you swap to another hero, it uses the base ult cost until you ult, then it gets cumulatively taxed again. Ult tax levels don't reset until the end of a round.

It solves the "single meta" problem because now teams are incentivized to swap to different comps during a match (especially with role lock, since one team could only reset the ult tax for a hero once by having the other player in that role swap), and it also can solve the problem of ults being too frequent by potentially reducing the total number of ults in a match, if a team is insistent on using one comp.

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 25, 2019

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Man, everybody on your team swapping heroes multiple times seems like it'd be a headache for both teams to deal with.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dick Burglar posted:

Man, everybody on your team swapping heroes multiple times seems like it'd be a headache for both teams to deal with.

At least on ladder, people seem to swap often enough that it wouldn't be a big change. And anyway you could tune it to be only a small detriment if a player chose to stay on one hero the whole round. Just a tiny nudge towards variety, particularly at the higher levels.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Haven't really bothered to check out the role queue yet - but does this mean that I will no longer be able to switch from support or dps to Winston to ruin an unchecked Widow's and/or Genji's day when we already have two tanks and they are too stubborn to switch and take care of it?

That sounds awesome. :rolleyes:

How would you switch roles midmatch?
Say a tank wants to go support and a support go tank.
From my very superficial understanding, this will no longer be possible?

We'll be depending on two players from each role slot to be smart enough to pick appropriate counters when required?

Because that worked so well before :suicide:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Correct. It will no longer be possible to switch roles. You'll have to play the most anti-Widowmaker thing you can within the confines of your role.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mcbexx posted:

Haven't really bothered to check out the role queue yet - but does this mean that I will no longer be able to switch from support or dps to Winston to ruin an unchecked Widow's and/or Genji's day when we already have two tanks and they are too stubborn to switch and take care of it?

That sounds awesome. :rolleyes:

How would you switch roles midmatch?
Say a tank wants to go support and a support go tank.
From my very superficial understanding, this will no longer be possible?

We'll be depending on two players from each role slot to be smart enough to pick appropriate counters when required?

Because that worked so well before :suicide:

Each role queue will have their own separate MMR. If you're in the same MMR bracket as a Winston who is lovely it's because you're probably only just as good as them on whatever role you're playing.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

teagone posted:

Each role queue will have their own separate MMR. If you're in the same MMR bracket as a Winston who is lovely it's because you're probably only just as good as them on whatever role you're playing.

Looks like you're missing the point. By a whole lot.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

mcbexx posted:

Looks like you're missing the point. By a whole lot.

If you're getting owned in the support/DPS role because you think your tank isn't doing their job, queue the tank role and climb hard!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think swapping off support to some other role just to try and solo counter one guy is a good play in the first place

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

if your worried about genii couldn’t you just swap to brig as support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Sure. PTR Brig seems good only against dive though. As an off support, she feels like a crappy pick when you could be Zen instead. But if the other team is running full dive, yeah, Brig could be a good counter I think.