Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

So desperate for Arsenal to confirm a signing that I've started bolding random emails at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Apparently Arsenal will be moving on from their interest in Kieran Tierney. Seems a bit weird that Arsenal would spend about two months haggling at a sum close to Celtic’s asking price and then gently caress off, but that’s the Arsenal way.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Tbh I’m frankly baffled Perez went for 30m then we dropped 40m on a guy who is just a little younger but completely unproven in the PL and hasn’t exactly blown up the bundesliga

I expect some Steve Bruce signings soon, sign up Carroll, Sturridge, Welbeck and maybe Ings and you’ve surely got at least 1 passable striker fit at a time?

tbf some german guy they had on talksport was saying he wasn't really in the side to score goals, and they had kramaric and belfodil who scored 32 goals between them in the league

that said if he's lumped up top on his own (which he will be) then i reckon he'll just be a £40m joselu

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Opposition defenders only knew Joelinton's back, as he was busy helping with Hoffenheim's build-up play than scoring goals for himself.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Healbot posted:

Opposition defenders only knew Joelinton's back, as he was busy helping with Hoffenheim's build-up play than scoring goals for himself.

This would be ideal if we had any strikers

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1153772028413042689?s=19

Vincent Janssen to Mexico is a done deal

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I hope he does well

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

blue footed boobie posted:

Apparently Arsenal will be moving on from their interest in Kieran Tierney. Seems a bit weird that Arsenal would spend about two months haggling at a sum close to Celtic’s asking price and then gently caress off, but that’s the Arsenal way.

Excited for the club to come back and offer over the odds on deadline day to try and make it happen and have it fall through.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Excited for the club to come back and offer over the odds on deadline day to try and make it happen and have it fall through.

It’ll go through absolutely fine and he’ll pass a medical and then his 90 year old hips will give out three games into the season

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Weaponized Cum posted:

I hope he does well

Did he ever get a chance at Spurs? I don't think I ever saw him play.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Brony Car posted:

This was made after his first season with Tottenham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1NkO9QtPsE

There was never a need to make a follow up video

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Brony Car posted:

He did, and he tried, just didn't work out. It was discouraging because you could tell the guy was putting in work.

It's like Soldado syndrome or something

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Hope Brucey brings in more big strong English lads like Joe Linton

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Brony Car posted:

He had chances in the side. Too slow.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

the Daily Record (so take it with a grain of salt) also said that Napoli also are breaking off talks with Celtic over Tierney, as Mario Rui doesn't want to be sold to pay for it.

plus Celtic's got an easy draw in CL qualifiers (they're playing an Estonian side in 2QR and get either CFR Cluj or Maccabi Tel Aviv in the next round), so their "no low-ballers, I know what I have" strategy with Tierney may have worked out nicely for them.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Andre Silva flew to Monaco and took his medical, but then the deal collapsed, either due to an inability to come to an agreement on personal terms or Monaco trying to haggle on the fee.

How bizarre that it got that far without everything already agreed to.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Andre Silva flew to Monaco and took his medical, but then the deal collapsed, either due to an inability to come to an agreement on personal terms or Monaco trying to haggle on the fee.

How bizarre that it got that far without everything already agreed to.

Fucks sake.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Jose posted:

that transfer has west ham written all over it its a bit strange they didn't

West Ham are being way more sensible in the transfer market now they've got an actual director of football rather than David Sullivan and his agent mates handling 100% of the scouting

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Brony Car posted:

He was really bad. Some fans tried to defend him because he looks like he is "trying". A sad chapter in spurs transfer dealings.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Healbot posted:

Rondon was great at that except we also had Perez to score

Villa have signed Trezeguet

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

Rondon was great at that except we also had Perez to score

Villa have signed Trezeguet

Lmao this is almost as bad as the Portuguese guy called Pèle that Portsmouth signed

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Lmao this is almost as bad as the Portuguese guy called Pèle that Portsmouth signed

Also shout outs to Rolando for lovely knock off names

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
There’s a Ronaldo playing in Serie C and i lol every time.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
The name Ronaldo Vieira always amuses me.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

trem_two posted:

The name Ronaldo Vieira always amuses me.

His brothers name? Romario Vieira. No joke.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Local papers reckon a deal is close/the club aren't denying the link depending on the paper

https://twitter.com/Brown1988Danny/status/1153747940445478915?s=20

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The next Ronaldo I say, always a big fan, I’ve definitely watched all of his games

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i suppose the big question is whether a brazilian is ever going to take the name messy, messssi or mes'si

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It's got to the point as an Arsenal fan where I'd happily take Joe Linton for £35 million. At least it would be a new first team player.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Saint-Maximin, the patron saint of chess AI

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

The next Ronaldo I say, always a big fan, I’ve definitely watched all of his games

I've also watched 1 (one) video of Marrony and, hell, he might be the best player in the world

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

So desperate for Arsenal to confirm a signing that I've started bolding random emails at work

So desperate for a wolves signing, I’m trying to talk myself into the mirror being a reliable source.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-lose-out-wolves-10million-18752839

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
It does seem weird that Wolves haven't been signing players, given their whole situation with Mendes

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Asensio tore his ACL last night in the friendly against Arsenal and will miss the entire season. This could impact transfers for Hamez and/or Ceballos.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

trem_two posted:

Asensio tore his ACL last night in the friendly against Arsenal and will miss the entire season. This could impact transfers for Hamez and/or Ceballos.

Nobody sold and only 2 kids signed. This has been an incredible window so far from the Arse.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

The kids looked pretty good against real so, they're like new signings etc etc

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Um I’ll have you know that Arsenal bought a child defender for a lot of money and then loaned him back to his old club.

Also apparently Arsenal are going to make another bid for Zaha? I don’t understand these months long gaps between bids.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Um I’ll have you know that Arsenal bought a child defender for a lot of money and then loaned him back to his old club.

Also apparently Arsenal are going to make another bid for Zaha? I don’t understand these months long gaps between bids.

there is the possibility that the rumormill is not actually reflective of what is occurring in reality

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

there is the possibility that the rumormill is not actually reflective of what is occurring in reality

What the....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Nothing is occurring so this is accurate but the opposite of what you meant