Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

also anytime the chapos are forced to work with technical equipment without a brainiac like brendan or chris everything goes very poorly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Clark Nova posted:

Whenever people mention that movie I just imagine how much more interesting it would be if they were talking about Cronenberg Crash

when it came out i was somehow oblivious and was flabbergasted how a bunch of people whod watch shrek twice a day were like "wow crash was so meaningful, changed my life". if you think theyre talking about cronenberg its not the type of thing you ask clarifying questions about

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/RedKahina/status/1153785020449882112?s=19

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Good point

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Nice Red Scare subtweet

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
honestly given her family background RedKahina might herself be a Project Monarch subject. wonder what her trigger phrase is.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It really seemed like he was really sure that the chapo stream would take off and it really did not.

Every time I've looked at it he's not on unless it's absurdly late and all they play is loving Fortnight

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/argumentwinner/status/1153788637877694464?s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think i would like beepbeeplettuce a lot if i were 19

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lately I am getting extremely into trashfuture because I like hearing a group of dipshits shout over each other about their dicks. Okay bye

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

i say swears online posted:

APUSH, while supposed to teach to the test, usually gives a huge amount of freedom to the teacher. mine (williamson county, texas) had to be much more coy but we still covered the cool poo poo from the end of reconstruction to WWI. it just had more wikipedia definitions of events and short-form flashcards instead of zinn. probably the best i could have hoped for in the school district
That is outstanding, mine just had us GRIND through content and test prep stuff. Most of us crushed the AP test but your class sounds amazing. I'm actually a history teacher now working on incorporating Zinn into my class, but its hard without admin who are down.

Just listened to an Inward Empire episode and loved it, shame its so few per year.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Don’t do Zinn. Do Parenti.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cheese posted:

That is outstanding, mine just had us GRIND through content and test prep stuff. Most of us crushed the AP test but your class sounds amazing. I'm actually a history teacher now working on incorporating Zinn into my class, but its hard without admin who are down.

Just listened to an Inward Empire episode and loved it, shame its so few per year.

use excerpts and printouts instead of assigning the book, and incorporate primary voices. that's the easiest way to avoid any admin trouble, and you're much less likely to get a talkin' to if it's not the pillar of your syllabus

reading upton sinclair excerpts was what turned me

i have a history degree but no teaching certificate, or i'd probably be in a high school right now. i'm applying to do anything related with the local community college, and that would be a super neat opportunity

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

cheese posted:

The American Experiment was the textbook we used alongside Zinn and it was pretty darn good for a textbook

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Gripweed posted:

And he's said his friends need the money, so he can't abandon it. So now Felix is stuck playing Fortnite badly for 16 hours a week because none of his friends are funny or entertaining by themselves.

lmbowned

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
just play Chapo trap house on a speaker, it's for the children

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I hope Felix gets the help he needs.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Goon Danton posted:

I hope Felix gets the help he needs.

Agreed. Someone should offer him assistance so he is less bad at video games.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I hope he gets constantly dogpiled by the fans and can never escape the spiral of pain and misery.

not :ohdear:

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Felix should teach adult karate to aspiring antifa nerds and become leftist version of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzh9koy7b1E
only it's red pants with hammer and sickle.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/JPHandel/status/1153047504344289282

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

also I want to live in the world where pretty much every cop is fictional

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Thoughts on Moderate Rebels? I just listened to their two part interview on the Honduran coup and it got me good and pissed the way a lot of Citations Needed eps do.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Goon Danton posted:

Thoughts on Moderate Rebels? I just listened to their two part interview on the Honduran coup and it got me good and pissed the way a lot of Citations Needed eps do.

It's very good.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Goon Danton posted:

it’s extremely good. their hate is definitely pure.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Claim: Capitalism is the most efficient allocation of resources

Reality: Amber got a book deal

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Gripweed posted:

Chapo did literally one adversarial interview ever, and it was so bad they almost didn't release it. I don't know why people are expecting them to "Nail Marianne's rear end to the wall" or whatever

because some people have bad takes that border on fanfic

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Percelus posted:

because some people have bad takes that border on fanfic

But that doesn't explain why they're expecting Will or whoever to turn into Jeff Newsroom

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
drunken matt should interview everyone and also he should have a gun

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

freckle posted:

drunken matt should interview everyone and also he should have a gun

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the gun is pointed at his own head and hes threatening to pull the trigger while yelling at the guest

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Drunken Matt should have an adversarial interview slash chili eating contest with Alex Jones

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mario is definitely a disillusioned working class voter that was turned off by Hillary. he's come a long way since raising communist standards over castles

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

THS posted:

the gun is pointed at his own head and hes threatening to pull the trigger while yelling at the guest

the gun is empty and he keeps pulling the trigger while screaming "Why isn't it working?! Please fire! Please!"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

get that OUT of my face posted:

Mario is definitely a disillusioned working class voter that was turned off by Hillary. he's come a long way since raising communist standards over castles

I've had this argument a dozen times and it gets no less tiresome. Nintendo has confirmed that Mario is not and never has been a plumber. They have also confirmed that the narrative games, the ones where Mario has to rescue Peach from Bowser, are just plays put on for the amusement of the player. So, let's look at what Mario games do reflect the reality of the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario Paint, Dr. Mario, Mario Kart, all the sports games. So what conclusion can we draw from them? Mario paints in the morning, practices medicine in the afternoon, races in the evening, and plays tennis after dinner, without ever being a painter, a doctor, a race car driver, or a tennis player.

Mario doesn't need to raise the communist flag over Princess Peach's Castle because the Mushroom Kingdom has already achieved full communism

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I've had this argument a dozen times and it gets no less tiresome. Nintendo has confirmed that Mario is not and never has been a plumber. They have also confirmed that the narrative games, the ones where Mario has to rescue Peach from Bowser, are just plays put on for the amusement of the player. So, let's look at what Mario games do reflect the reality of the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario Paint, Dr. Mario, Mario Kart, all the sports games. So what conclusion can we draw from them? Mario paints in the morning, practices medicine in the afternoon, races in the evening, and plays tennis after dinner, without ever being a painter, a doctor, a race car driver, or a tennis player.

Mario doesn't need to raise the communist flag over Princess Peach's Castle because the Mushroom Kingdom has already achieved full communism
what irony level are you operating under, private?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Gripweed posted:

:mario: :thermidor: :mario:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mario was a worker and is now petit bougeois who will have to be guillotined when the revolution comes to the mushroom “kingdom”

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mario has seized the means of production and given it to the people. the proof is in the documentaries: Mario Maker & Mario Maker 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mario sides with the management in a labor dispute with union contractors in MM2, Mario is a loving SCAB who will be drawn and yeeted