Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

terrorist ambulance posted:

Hey if you think her bit where she talks for 5 to 10 minutes each episode about how salt of the earth she is so that everyone knows is good, great for you

what are you even talking about my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i think the ship has sailed on having Nick on just because it's courting controversy too much. The too-woke-for-chapo twitter folk tried to "cancel" chapo a while ago when some person with a very filtered IG selfie av got pissed about Nick's jokes and the fact that chapo is friends w/him. Those people would have a field day if he actually came on, and I expect the hosts just don't want to deal with it at this point

That said, if there is big Epstein news out of the current case, that would be the best time to have him

emdash fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 23, 2019

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Yeah I fully accept it wont happen.

The Arpwell cancellation posts would be legendary though.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
You'll never convince me arpwell isnt a nick character

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I expected the episode to be some really long Amber-centric story about some kind of liberal academia scandal but nope that poster was just really mad about Amber answering the question "how was your trip to X?" for a few minutes :laffo:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

I remember them once stating that Amber and Virgil get a half-share each, and then Brendan has a share (and still does, as someone who was around from very nearly the start of the venture and all). Felix said he makes about 110k? I forget the exact amount. It was on a Michael Brooks Show appearance.

I think the half thing was way back when they joined. I don't get the sense that there is such a clear division between 'full time hosts' and 'part-time hosts' anymore though.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

I expected the episode to be some really long Amber-centric story about some kind of liberal academia scandal but nope that poster was just really mad about Amber answering the question "how was your trip to X?" for a few minutes :laffo:

lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Pretty sure it's a /r/cumtown joke that, like all things from that sub, got taken to the extremely stupid logical endpoint.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

pretty dishonest of amber to claim to be from a humble background when she owns more than two sets of clothing and lives high on the hog in new york city baby, the town that never sleeps, if you can make it here you can make it anywhere, let's go mets jets nets knicks giants yankees, five pinocchios

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

the reasons for each of the five pinocchios
1. da bronx
2. staten island
3. queens
4. brooklyn
5. manhattan

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
q-anon guy assassinating a mob boss is some powerful energy.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Let's go mets baby love da mets

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Does she even claim to be particularly working class? I mean, she's mentioned once or twice that she's from the south or something and that her family are hicks, but whenever she talks about working class identity it's mostly about how much she admires it for various reasons; which I think it a good ideological thing to do even if you're an academic or, really, anyone on the left.

Good odds that most of the Amber haters work in IT or something.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
She absolutely comes from a working-class background in Indiana, yeah.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Eerie, Indiana?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Groovelord Neato posted:

relistened to the two eps about dinesh movies and they make me wanna tombstone piledrive dsouza.

Careful, the dude’s into adult karate and mastered his techniques using his ex-wife’s face.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

thotsky posted:

Does she even claim to be particularly working class? I mean, she's mentioned once or twice that she's from the south or something and that her family are hicks, but whenever she talks about working class identity it's mostly about how much she admires it for various reasons; which I think it a good ideological thing to do even if you're an academic or, really, anyone on the left.

Good odds that most of the Amber haters work in IT or something.

Not really no, she references growing up in genuine working class, sometimes poverty level, communities in Indiana and all but she's never been sly or coy about the fact that she's currently doing pretty well as an academic type and quite removed from that lifestyle with her comfortable new york life. People confuse her talking about experiences with claiming that she's just popped in from the holler to record one of them new fangled internet radio shows.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Is this a good Felix episode? I need a laugh for the train home.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

snoremac posted:

lol

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I'm getting sexed in.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Whatever I’ll read a book.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

snoremac posted:

Felix has become fused to a gaming chair somewhere, surrounded by jars of his own urine. They had to call off the E1 live show because they couldn't coax him out of his apartment.

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

snoremac posted:

He was not on site when they recorded, and about halfway through the podcast (after everyone sort of disagreed with him about something and kind of minimized his opinion) he left. It was pretty great.

Exodus1984 fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jul 24, 2019

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I re listened to the sexy bigfoot episode recently and the difference between felix when he still cared enough to get angry about meagheahaen mccain and now is pretty funny

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Also lol I had noticed he dropped off halfway through but yeah sure enough Matt and amber take a slightly contrary view and he doesn't talk again on the ep and they never address it

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/TomRad314/status/1153904371756937217?s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Felix has become fused to a gaming chair somewhere, surrounded by jars of his own urine. They had to call off the E1 live show because they couldn't coax him out of his apartment.
I mean yes, he is a horrible shut in, but the venue for that show was literally flooding which was the real reason for the cancellation

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean yes, he is a horrible shut in, but the venue for that show was literally flooding which was the real reason for the cancellation

you can still be funny in ankle deep water. They were just cowards

Serf
May 5, 2011

i could be wrong but don't most electrical cords sit on the floor where the water lives?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Serf posted:

i could be wrong but don't most electrical cords sit on the floor where the water lives?

Chapo Goes Acoustic

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Someone on the reddit said that Felix recently was on vacation and moved into a new apartment. Maybe that's why he's been so absent from the podcast? :shrug:

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

emdash posted:

i think the ship has sailed on having Nick on just because it's courting controversy too much. The too-woke-for-chapo twitter folk tried to "cancel" chapo a while ago when some person with a very filtered IG selfie av got pissed about Nick's jokes and the fact that chapo is friends w/him. Those people would have a field day if he actually came on, and I expect the hosts just don't want to deal with it at this point

That said, if there is big Epstein news out of the current case, that would be the best time to have him

It should be a concern for every leftist that one of the main podcasts of the left is totally okay with racists like Nick.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

It should be a concern for every leftist that one of the main podcasts of the left is totally okay with racists like Nick.
did you actually flip from being one of those stupidpol style guys who showed up here the day of the Cosby thing to complain about "idpol" and "language cops" or are you just trying to wind up people too lazy to hit the ? next to your av

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
felix left to get the keys to his new place (according to him)

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Yeah that's possible. It's just weird how it was edited then. He's left early before and they've at least acknowledged him dropping out

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Boris Johnson looks like Klaus Kinski melted in the sun.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

terrorist ambulance posted:

Yeah that's possible. It's just weird how it was edited then. He's left early before and they've at least acknowledged him dropping out

I think he was just over the phone rather than Skype so they didn't notice.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

this bit is a weak 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i agree nick mullen has dragged the italian-american community one too many times