Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

LunarEmerald posted:

White Mage has pretty good dps. Can do 4k against a boss even in the shadowbringers leveling dungeons. I imagine they can do 5k at 80 with tome gear.

You can do around 6.5k with full tome gear. I've seen parses as high as around 8.9k, but max parses from FFLogs are always a bit suspect, since they can come from highly unrealistic scenarios (e.g. having a DNC partnered to you).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://twitter.com/KihraOfTemerity/status/1153792674010243073

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

frodnonnag posted:

sch is good but has a poo poo dps rotation

lol

furthermore, lmao

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DUt3yN3ue0

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Gorelab posted:

SCH has the same rotation as WHM and AST.

WHM has more unique (ignoring direct damage, DoT, AoE) damage spells than AST and SCH combined

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

This is some poo poo right here.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I mean, everytime I go back to gridania for summoner quests there's somewhere between 7 and 10 sprouts just around, and I swear I cant go anywhere with a aetheryte below level 20 without seeing clusters of them, I went to drybone and there was like 15 people and all of them were either sprouts or returners, I love it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

How do I blacklist someone without having them in front of me. :stare:

[edit] Oh wait, Cactaur is another data center lol

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

strong bird posted:

WHM has more unique (ignoring direct damage, DoT, AoE) damage spells than AST and SCH combined

The biggest difference is the blood flower which is meant to make up for the GCD heals you do. It's a loss on ST even.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

How do I blacklist someone without having them in front of me. :stare:

[edit] Oh wait, Cactaur is another data center lol

/blist add "Character Name"

Everyone who played during the days before you could report spam bots had that one memorized.

Those were dark days.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gorelab posted:

The biggest difference is the blood flower which is meant to make up for the GCD heals you do. It's a loss on ST even.

It's mainly meant as a weaving/mobility tool more than anything else. I think of the whole system as essentially being equivalent to Ruin II for SCH, as it's even got similar potency losses (320 potency over four Ruin IIs vs. 300 potency over three Lilies + one AfMisery).

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

all the extra damage spells healers get are situational at best

youre still using your nuke and dot or your one aoe 99% of the time

healer dps is boring as gently caress and always will be

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Failboattootoot posted:

This is some poo poo right here.

it's still astounding that wow became so obsessed with developing greater and more complex skinner box traps until they finally "lost" to a company that just releases the same mmo (minus story) every 2 years

extremely hyperbolic, but still. I'm really happy with FFXIV's success, and I'm hooked harder on the current expansion than I ever have been in the past. It's a good time to be a FF fan.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Just finished 3.4 and holy poo poo I am loving everything the game is doing right now. The whole series of 3.x quests has been fantastic.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

My favorite stupid E4 detail is that the shoulder pads rotate in sync with the wubs from the music track.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

I blame Zombeef for giving me this name idea.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Tonight in trap parties:

I joined a Titania Ex farm. PF stated farm, th/n, cw. Standard stuff.

Someone had a newbie bonus. Not ideal, but it happens.
Both healers were in a mix of white/green gear. No artifact or ronkan. Hmm... Well if the group is good you don't need to heal.
Tank wanted the North East puddle. gently caress this, I'm out.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Tainen posted:

Just finished 3.4 and holy poo poo I am loving everything the game is doing right now. The whole series of 3.x quests has been fantastic.

Oh, buddy. :getin:

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Zoig posted:

I mean, everytime I go back to gridania for summoner quests there's somewhere between 7 and 10 sprouts just around, and I swear I cant go anywhere with a aetheryte below level 20 without seeing clusters of them, I went to drybone and there was like 15 people and all of them were either sprouts or returners, I love it.

Add me to the WoW refugee sprouts. Got my 8.2 flying and logged in a handful of times since. Level 35 Paladin so far!

Pyramid schema
Aug 14, 2017

Oh hey a fellow aether goon and oh my god :stare:

This person is on my server so I almost feel like I should apologize even though I've never met them and I only play tank. I feel like spiels like this, especially with the threat of reporting anyone that dare kick them, should be considered a form of harassment.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lol at the scene where they ask Urianger about swimming and it just zooms in on his face for like 10 seconds

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Disargeria posted:

Add me to the WoW refugee sprouts. Got my 8.2 flying and logged in a handful of times since. Level 35 Paladin so far!

I was just thinking about how cool it is that the FF14 devs haven't arbitrarily decided that flying is bad, and that you don't have to wait over a year and jump through a ton of stupid hoops to unlock it for each expansion.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

I was just thinking about how cool it is that the FF14 devs haven't arbitrarily decided that flying is bad, and that you don't have to wait over a year and jump through a ton of stupid hoops to unlock it for each expansion.

Hang on just gonna find this last aether current

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Sure and it's a quest for each zone, but it's not a hard one really. Other than the loving Lochs

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Aether currents are fine though? Like they can be a little annoying but you can knock them all out in an hour or two plus however long it takes you to do the story. In WOW, you literally can't get flying until a year into the expansion, and you have to do a ton of reputation grinding and other terrible poo poo to unlock it.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

https://imgur.com/a/NLmzPRY

Fister Roboto posted:

Aether currents are fine though? Like they can be a little annoying but you can knock them all out in an hour or two plus however long it takes you to do the story. In WOW, you literally can't get flying until a year into the expansion, and you have to do a ton of reputation grinding and other terrible poo poo to unlock it.

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=12989/battle-for-azeroth-pathfinder-part-one
https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=13250/battle-for-azeroth-pathfinder-part-two

Has it literally taken from launch (aug) til 8.2 (june) for flying to be unlocked? lmao

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Tonight in trap parties:

I joined a Titania Ex farm. PF stated farm, th/n, cw. Standard stuff.

Someone had a newbie bonus. Not ideal, but it happens.
Both healers were in a mix of white/green gear. No artifact or ronkan. Hmm... Well if the group is good you don't need to heal.
Tank wanted the North East puddle. gently caress this, I'm out.

Oh jesus, you got baited hard.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lady Galaga posted:

Has it literally taken from launch (aug) til 8.2 (june) for flying to be unlocked? lmao

Yep.

That's how it was for the previous two expansions as well. MOP (which came out seven years ago) was the last expansion to allow flying at launch. In WOD it was their intention to permanently disallow flying in new zones, but player backlash made them change their minds.

Also, even with flying being unlocked, every expansion since WOD has had an endgame zone where flying is permanently disabled.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 24, 2019

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Yep.

That's how it was for the previous two expansions as well. MOP (which came out seven years ago) was the last expansion to allow flying at launch. In WOD it was their intention to permanently disallow flying, but player backlash made them change their minds.

... Why in the world?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fister Roboto posted:

Yep.

That's how it was for the previous two expansions as well. MOP (which came out seven years ago) was the last expansion to allow flying at launch. In WOD it was their intention to permanently disallow flying, but player backlash made them change their minds.

That is so stupid, I like the way FFXIV does flying because you really get to know the zone before you can just start flying over it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

... Why in the world?

The devs decided that flying was bad :shrug:

WOD was full of bad ideas and came really close to killing WOW, but Legion pulled them out of the nosedive. Now it looks like they're on the same trajectory with BFA.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The fact that they didn't just switch over to flying being restricted to very specific zones is just lol

Although there are some cool map layouts they got to build thanks to flying, but still

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ImpAtom posted:

... Why in the world?

Because they believe, they earnestly believe, flying is the greatest design mistake they ever made and this is their grudging compromise to flying existing at all.

Meanwhile FF14 just has you experience the zone normally for the story and then by the time you're done you can fly okay have fun.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Yep.

its kind of indicative of blizzard's philosophy on game development

seems like they just do whatever they want and its sort of incidental whether or not players like it

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Somebody tell me, do you ever outlevel mobs in WoW such that they just stop attacking you unless provoked? Because that's the same thing right, flying is just a fancy way of avoiding fights.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Tainen posted:

The 3.1-3.3 quest series was, prior to Shadowbringers, my favorite storyline in the game, enough that I didn't think anything could ever top that. I was wrong it gets even better.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Somebody tell me, do you ever outlevel mobs in WoW such that they just stop attacking you unless provoked? Because that's the same thing right, flying is just a fancy way of avoiding fights.

Yes, although in some cases they might still aggro you if you walk literally right through them.

e: A lot of zones are designed much more around access to flying in WoW

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Will switching to a prefered server make me disconnect less? It's happening two or three times per trust dungoen on excal and it's driving me nuts.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Because they believe, they earnestly believe, flying is the greatest design mistake they ever made and this is their grudging compromise to flying existing at all.

Meanwhile FF14 just has you experience the zone normally for the story and then by the time you're done you can fly okay have fun.

I genuinely can't imagine what their problem with flying is which is why I'm confused. Does it break something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I genuinely can't imagine what their problem with flying is which is why I'm confused. Does it break something?

they think it trivializes their bespoke content