Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

This game is being released at $30. So it's like a 6 hr DLC?

It's more like the old blood size wise. Apparently it launches a day early on PC (July 25th)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

EdithUpwards posted:

So, the Nazis wanted joint coordination of (remote) multipurpose airframes for hyperwar purposes e: or whatever the gently caress the buzzword avalanche was.

aaaAHAHAHAHAhaHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHABQNURGH :unsmigghh:

Oh, if you think the F-35 is bad, we have such sights to show you

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nuts and Gum posted:

You're saying this like its a bad thing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

EdithUpwards posted:

So, the Nazis wanted joint coordination of (remote) multipurpose airframes for hyperwar purposes e: or whatever the gently caress the buzzword avalanche was.

aaaAHAHAHAHAhaHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHABQNURGH :unsmigghh:

oh yeah, we do the same poo poo. look at the bradly.

Nuts and Gum posted:

from what i gather, its a longer old blood type deal.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The main campaign has been described by the developers as "lighter" in length compared to Wolfenstein 2 so it's undoubtedly an Old Blood type of deal where the usual playthrough will be like 5-6 hours long. The rest of the advertised 25 hours worth of content probably comes from the district side missions from 2 which are coming back as something more developed.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats probably the direction they are going. hitler was the axis(heh) of the whole nazi shitshow and the only one they respected/afraid of. all the rest hated each other on some level. i really need to find a good book on the weird nazi political assfuckery. the Luftwaffe is the most common story where alot of the second in commands were driven to sucide by goering and or hitlers insane plans for the various german 4 engine bombers that he also wanted to dive bomb and provide close air support.

There's no way Wolfenstein III won't have Hitler attempting to firebomb the entire planet with the sun gun at some point.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm marginally excited!! Woohoo!!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Actually yeah, I'm okay with a tight campaign. I liked New Dawn :)

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Launch trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjwo5EJxn9E

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is PS4 getting it two days early for some reason?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
No, but PC is getting it one.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

I'd hold off on this trailer if you want to go in completely blind. But I couldn't resist.

A. Grace: "Hamburger bar MY rear end!" got a huge laugh.

B. That last shot of the girls with BJ and him dual-wielding was just :3:

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 25, 2019

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hell yeah Sex Killer on the Loose.

I wonder if all the Carpenter Brut is only for the trailers

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Shoehead posted:

I wonder if all the Carpenter Brut is only for the trailers

Better not be

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Do you think there will even be reviews out for PC by tomorrow since the release date was suddenly pushed up by a whole day?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

As long as these chicks aren't as squishy as BJ was in TNC then I'm down for this.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I'm a loving dumbass, I preordered the physical PC copy back when it was announced, and after the announcement that their games wouldn't be exclusive to the Bethesda Launcher I just... never contemplated that the physical copies would give me a Bethesda key. Someone in here mentioned this fact and I was like, wait, what, so I contacted Bethesda customer support and they got back to me today, but unfortunately too late to cancel my preorder.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

It's not just physical copies - if you buy a Bethesda game anywhere other than Steam, or get a free key bundled with a graphics card or whatever, then you're getting a Bethesda Launcher key now.

They don't want to pay Steams cut but also don't want to deal with the backlash from ditching Steam so they're doing the bare minimum to technically still be on Steam.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Rockstar does this too, if you buy GTA5 anywhere but Steam it's a R* Social Club key.

Anyway preload for Youngblood is up (at least on the Beth launcher) and it says it unlocks at 1:00 pm eastern tomorrow :dance:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Yep, that's how I got Social Club keys for GTA V right at launch. Was worth it, though - Nuuvem was selling the game for 30€.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I had no idea Bethesda even had their own launcher, same for Rockstar.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I had no idea Bethesda even had their own launcher, same for Rockstar.

Exactly, that's why they want to get their foot in the door by ensuring that all cheap keys (at least legit ones) are for the Bethlauncher instead of Steam.

e.g. Youngblood is £25 on Steam but GMG will sell you a completely legit Bethesda key for £20.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
So this probably unlocks digitally at 9pm tomorrow on ps4, game releases usually go by east coast time. Anyone else on ps4? Add me at donovan_trip let's smash the state together sister

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

kefkafloyd posted:

B. That last shot of the girls with BJ and him dual-wielding was just :3:

That was cool but I kind of wish they didn't put it in the trailer

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

That was cool but I kind of wish they didn't put it in the trailer

agreed but i don't think they are gonna kill him off

I am more curious how 3 is gonna turn out now. is it gonna be a direct sequel after this? direct sequel for TNC or a kinda both.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Physical copies should be coming in the next few days, just got my shipping confirmation.

Edit: vv Yup, me too.

catlord fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 25, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

catlord posted:

Physical copies should be coming in the next few days, just got my shipping confirmation.

mine hits friday.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

agreed but i don't think they are gonna kill him off

I am more curious how 3 is gonna turn out now. is it gonna be a direct sequel after this? direct sequel for TNC or a kinda both.

Time travel fuckery.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I hope playing single player doesn't end up feeling weird since the concept is based around two co-op players. I have no plans to play co-op or any friends that care about Wolfenstein in the first place

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm gonna play with randos IDGAF I live dangerously

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Donovan Trip posted:

I'm gonna play with randos IDGAF I live dangerously

Doing this as well. I am totally down for a short co-op shooter experience right now.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Holy poo poo this music owns.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

OhFunny posted:

Holy poo poo this music owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOwSrPzT8qg

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1154368955152293888

The general reply to this being "so the game is poo poo, I knew it" because the scores are like 6, 7, 4/5, etc and not a glowing 90 and up is so :rolleyes:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

IGN giving this game a 65 is honestly the most encouraging review yet.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Do we know if this game plays any better than previous games in the series? I have enjoyed the previous games for their narrative strengths, but the shooting was always pretty lacklustre, and the stealth is definitely "the bad kind of stealth" where enemies are too aware and too quick to raise the alarm. Arkane's involvement had me hopeful that they might make a decent mechanical shooter this time around, but I'm not seeing much about these sort of improvements in reviews.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Gunder posted:

Do we know if this game plays any better than previous games in the series? I have enjoyed the previous games for their narrative strengths, but the shooting was always pretty lacklustre, and the stealth is definitely "the bad kind of stealth" where enemies are too aware and too quick to raise the alarm. Arkane's involvement had me hopeful that they might make a decent mechanical shooter this time around, but I'm not seeing much about these sort of improvements in reviews.

Old Blood had the best stealth in the whole series. You could go through nearly the entire came shiving Nazi scum with a pipe until the last boss.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
While I could see how somebody who just loves stealth games would hate Wolfenstein's "stealth", I didn't mind it. Mainly because blowing it and raising the alarm just meant more Nazis to shoot. :shrug:

It kind of reminds me of NOLF2, where yeah it's a spy game and stealth in that game is encouraged (moreso than Wolfenstein, obviously) but if you raise the alarm it's no big deal. But man, the differences in stealth mechanics and enemy AI is like night and day between those games. I guess my point is that Wolfenstein is a shooting game with optional stealth and NOLF2 is a stealth game with optional shooting. Two totally different approaches to stealth/combat FPS gameplay.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I just skimmed the review summaries and it seems like the negative reviews dislike how there isn't a ton of story.

That seems fine to me? Because in a fast-paced co-op shooter the thing I want to be doing with my co-op partner is to be watching 15 minute long cutscenes and going through slow story segments.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
PCGamer gave it a decent score (79%) but their review opens with

quote:

Wolfenstein: Youngblood shifts the focus from the previous games' bubblegum catharsis of killing the most hateful people alive to killing them as efficiently as possible. The Nazis have health bars now, and a true pistol shot to the head or axe to the throat won't always cut it. You and a friend (or computer) need to level up to more effectively chip away the white portion of their health bars to get to the red portion, the blood and guts inside.

Over the course of my playthrough, sometimes with a friend and sometimes without, I noticed my eyes begin to drift away from the glorious violence and up towards the health bars. Youngblood is grisly and indulgent and an incredible setting to explore, but casually burdens the player with calculations of time and efficiency rather than gift them another cosmic victory lap. Taking out Nazis is as comic as ever, but the fun is tempered by a leveling system that slows down the action and overall pacing a little too often.
So yeah, gently caress that.

E: Sounds like the level design really is improved thanks to Arkane tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Macaluso posted:

I hope playing single player doesn't end up feeling weird since the concept is based around two co-op players. I have no plans to play co-op or any friends that care about Wolfenstein in the first place
I’ll be your friend if you want. :kiddo: