Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Wasp is my unexpected new fave because her abilities and kit are awesome and I constantly love to use the "gigantic fidget spinner" synergy attack. I upgraded a bunch of "health recovered after an Xtreme" pips into the upgrade screen and her Xtreme seems to net me the most health back.

But do her thighs have a sufficient level of juiciness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RatHat posted:

For singleplayer ZR is for Synergy attacks. It'll light up if a teammate is near you and can do a synergy attack. You can also press A when a teammate uses a synergistic skill but you have like half a second to respond.

Some characters can actually do synergy attacks by themselves, like Star Lord and Crystal.

Is there a difference between ZR and R? I thought they did the same thing since both just bring up the skills above your character.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
in single player at least, R will just use the attacks, while ZR will light the attacks up if an AI is close enough to use a synergy with you.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ytlaya posted:

Is there a difference between ZR and R? I thought they did the same thing since both just bring up the skills above your character.

R just uses the attack, ZR force triggers synergy attacks with NPC teammates

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

This game absolutely rules. Scarlet Witch may never leave my team.

Unless Jean makes it in and they give her Phoenix powers then all bets are off.

Or Rachel with Phoenix powers.

OR...what if they add Hope? That would be really cool.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I put the glass cannon ISO8 on Scarlet Witch, seems to work well given how a lot of her stuff is homing and has big hitboxes

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
So what would you do about team composition in MUA3? One brick (Thor, Hulk, Cage, etc.), one long-range caster, one melee damage dealer, and one wildcard spot?

I'm a little irritated that you never really seem to get a high-level brick as you go the way you do with every other big group role. My Luke Cage has ended up higher-level than everyone else because I stuck with him through Shadowland and Dark Dimension, which means he's still lagging behind characters I just picked up.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Wanderer posted:

So what would you do about team composition in MUA3? One brick (Thor, Hulk, Cage, etc.), one long-range caster, one melee damage dealer, and one wildcard spot?

3 spider people, 1 venom

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Wanderer posted:

I'm a little irritated that you never really seem to get a high-level brick as you go the way you do with every other big group role. My Luke Cage has ended up higher-level than everyone else because I stuck with him through Shadowland and Dark Dimension, which means he's still lagging behind characters I just picked up.

I try to have 2+ Slams and 2+ Launches spread out among the group since Slam+Slam and Launch+Launch are both huge crowd control, then 2+ solid Charge specials for taking out the Stagger gauge and 1+ Barrage specials to mash out damage on a stunned enemy. Finally, someone who can provide elemental support like Star Lord or Crystal is cool, especially those two as they can pull off Synergy attacks solo.

The team we started using once we stopped switching through all the characters to get them to level 20 is Captain Marvel (Charge, Launch), Ms. Marvel (Slam, Barrage, Charge, and her fourth special is good for AoE as well), Spider-Gwen (Slam, some webbing potential), and Crystal (Whirlwind, Fire and Ice, and a Launch).

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

bushisms.txt posted:

The real winner in this game is Ms. Marvel. I doubt many knew her, I knew of her, but just that she was muslim Captain marvel or something. But now I want any and all media of her. She's really dope.

Yeah they really did an awesome job with her, from animation to voice acting to gameplay. I’m definitely a fan of the character now.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Wanderer posted:

Durable tanks with good charging staggers and an AoE (Hulk, Thor, Venom, etc.) seem to be the most useful to have more of, but including one DPS with good synergy for your team and one crowd-controller should also be beneficial. Or you could get a support.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
For the people who keep talking about grinding, seriously, this is a great way to get those first 20-30 levels quick. No need to go back and replay sections. Sub level 20 you get 3-5 levels per run (which are always 3 minutes since it's timed).

PureRok posted:

Tip for leveling up heroes up to 30 relatively quickly (early on):

On the second Infinity Board there's a level 25 Rush (I think, the one that has a 3 minute timer on the Raft) map, I think it's the third from the bottom on the left. The damage you do goes up during the fight and it's against nothing but strong enemies (the staggerable ones), so you can get 60-100 high xp kills really fast. It also gives ~6 Small XP cubes or ~1 whatever the next level cube is (cosmic, I think). Take one high (level 30 at least) level character with a decent AOE (I used Spider-Gwen, she was level 48 - from 32 - when I finished.) and it's pretty simple.

I spent an hour or two just leveling all of the lower characters to at least 20. When I was done had 8 million credits and a crapton of ISO-8s and AEP thanks to all the levels.

Edit: v YES! I wanted to play Cyclops so bad!

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Is there a quick way to unequip ISO-8 from unselected characters? I keep forgetting to do it when I swap out, and it's annoying to have to change characters, wait a few seconds while backing out, making the change in the ISO-8 menu, and then changing back to my desired party.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Assuming I haven't made it that far, should I keep plowing through the game with the team I have until I can get there? (Deadpool, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Iron Fistn level 15ish at Ultron stuff). I tried doing some of the early wave nodes with level 6 characters a few times and made zero progress.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

404notfound posted:

Is there a quick way to unequip ISO-8 from unselected characters? I keep forgetting to do it when I swap out, and it's annoying to have to change characters, wait a few seconds while backing out, making the change in the ISO-8 menu, and then changing back to my desired party.

You don’t need to, if you want the ISO-8 on a new character when you equip it it’ll unequip from the old one.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zelder posted:

3 spider people, 1 venom

This is the only way to do the Green Goblin fight.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

what is the "second Infinity board?" I'm past the X-Mansion right now and don't see anything like that, should I? I just have the one I started with, which is lambda I guess.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

DLC Inc posted:

what is the "second Infinity board?" I'm past the X-Mansion right now and don't see anything like that, should I? I just have the one I started with, which is lambda I guess.

Additional Infinity boards unlock based on progression. Total of 4 currently.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Plot was anime as gently caress especially by the end but since I beat it on hard, time to get hammered and join random pub games

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of difficulties, are there unique ISOs in the easy difficulty? Is there any reason to run through the game on easy if you’ve beaten it on normal?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

God I hope Ape-X makes it in. Xina's been needin love since 2016

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I lost to Ultron and started over but I also lost the enhancements I had?? So all of the leveling I did with the XP cubes are gone as well as the cubes themselves.

Is this a bug?

EDIT: Nevermind. It took a while to show up for some reason. Or maybe my poo poo eyes. Not sure!

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 24, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think I found the team I'm gonna stick with: Spidey, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, and Storm. Ms Marvel and Black Panther do disgusting amounts of damage(both normal and stagger), Storm is amazing at AoE and CC, and Spidey is...kinda just there for team synergy. Might switch him out for Thor. Not thrilled about Thor's split damage between Strength and Mastery though.

EDIT: By the way in the skill grid I highly recommend getting the "You heal by 3% of Extreme attack damage" skills in the Strength and Vitality hexes. It's effectively a full heal everytime you use your Extreme attack which is extremely helpful. In the Extreme trials it basically makes you immortal. There are ISO-8s that do this too but you don't really need more than the ~10% the skill grid gives you.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jul 24, 2019

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Overbite posted:

Would this game be better as a straight up musou?

100% of games would be better as a Musou.

Yes even those games.

Also: Liking the game. But Kamala is the character that got me back into comics so I'm prolly biased towards anything that lets me 1. Play as her and 2. makes her absurdly good.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Jumping on the Kamala Khan bandwagon. I came into the game expecting to play a lot of Spider-Man, but man she's satisfying to play as.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Solved a big chunk of my difficulty problem, which makes me feel like a loving idiot.

Looked at the 'Lab' part of the SHIELD seal menu yesterday. Nearly bought out the first grid with the resources I had on hand.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

5er posted:

Solved a big chunk of my difficulty problem, which makes me feel like a loving idiot.

Looked at the 'Lab' part of the SHIELD seal menu yesterday. Nearly bought out the first grid with the resources I had on hand.

everyone should prioritize that Lab pip that gives you health back from doing an Extreme attack as it has saved my rear end so many times. even getting 1% of damage done back as health, it amounts to a shitload of health if you do a full team Extreme.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

DLC Inc posted:

everyone should prioritize that Lab pip that gives you health back from doing an Extreme attack as it has saved my rear end so many times. even getting 1% of damage done back as health, it amounts to a shitload of health if you do a full team Extreme.

Which color hex is this on?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ihatepants posted:

Which color hex is this on?
primarily vitality, but there will be some nodes in the strength and mastery trees. i bee-lined to these first thing and don't regret it. healing in this game is super hard to come by, so it is a big deal getting your lifegain from extreme attacks up to at least 10%.

once you have these, you can build around generating as much extreme gauge as possible to keep yourself healed.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

DLC Inc posted:

Ooo. Noted.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yeah the vitality hex has super useful stuff for surviving the tougher stun-resistant mooks. pair that stuff with ISO-8s that build up EX moves faster through using special moves and you'll be able to survive a lot more of the harder fights and trials. I haven't really bothered upgrading other hexes as much due to ISO8s being my go-to for increasing things like light/heavy attacks or Mastery/Resilience.

also the game apparently did pretty well for an exclusive title so Nintendo/Team Ninja/Marvel will likely be glad with the results. It will of course be getting crushed this Friday by the likely recordsetting numbers Fire Emblem: 3 Waifus will pull

https://twitter.com/CrocOclock/status/1154049714142056450

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Nothing about this game screams huge budget, so I'm guessing it'll turn a decent profit. Hopefully that means they keep the series going, or at least give it a healthy life cycle of new content (no more palette swap alt costumes please, for the love of God).

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Does the hellfire club show up in the campaign? They're name dropped, but if they aren't shown, could be a hint at Phoenix.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

The Duke posted:

The (late game spoiler)Dr. Strange fight is a real bastard. I feel like I’m exploding or getting hit by fireballs 99% of the time, and the AI doesn’t know what to do either :argh:

I took a step back and did 100 man and 40 man rush infinity with X-Force for a night and came back to the fight maybe over-leveled and spammed Psylock's stagger stab synergy. Same basic strat for phase 2, but you may need to clear the adds to get your teammates close enough to do synergy or recharge energy.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

This was asked earlier and i forgot to respond, but chapter select is great if you want to do some easy leveling. You can always go back to the chapter and checkpoint you were on if you go back to an earlier one to do some leveling.

The chapter select menu even lists how many secrets you've found in them.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 24, 2019

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

DLC Inc posted:

yeah the vitality hex has super useful stuff for surviving the tougher stun-resistant mooks. pair that stuff with ISO-8s that build up EX moves faster through using special moves and you'll be able to survive a lot more of the harder fights and trials. I haven't really bothered upgrading other hexes as much due to ISO8s being my go-to for increasing things like light/heavy attacks or Mastery/Resilience.

also the game apparently did pretty well for an exclusive title so Nintendo/Team Ninja/Marvel will likely be glad with the results. It will of course be getting crushed this Friday by the likely recordsetting numbers Fire Emblem: 3 Waifus will pull

https://twitter.com/CrocOclock/status/1154049714142056450

Wow only 9000 units?

Do we have any numbers on how it did stateside?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Does Rocket + Groot ever get better? I ditched him early on because his starter ability with the mines is hard if not impossible to trigger a stun with, but his basic attacks also just don't seem very fun. The light attack gun isn't very satisfying to use, and that mostly leaves Groot's basic combo. I know you can use both at once, but the bullets keep flying off to either side while swinging Groot's arms.

I like the concept of rolling two characters into one, but I always feel like I'd rather be using a dedicated ranged attacker or a dedicated brawler. And there's no shortage of other characters to choose from, but I wonder if I'm just missing something.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

PureRok posted:

On the second Infinity Board there's a level 25 Rush (I think, the one that has a 3 minute timer on the Raft) map, I think it's the third from the bottom on the left. The damage you do goes up during the fight and it's against nothing but strong enemies (the staggerable ones), so you can get 60-100 high xp kills really fast. It also gives ~6 Small XP cubes or ~1 whatever the next level cube is (cosmic, I think). Take one high (level 30 at least) level character with a decent AOE (I used Spider-Gwen, she was level 48 - from 32 - when I finished.) and it's pretty simple.

Ms. Marvel's spinning kick is, if anything, better for this purpose than Spider-Gwen's bullshit. For some reason, it synergizes neatly with everything, it's cheap as hell, and it juggles an entire room at once. You can also move while you're doing it, so you can pick up stray blue orbs and keep going. It's actually pretty disgusting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah the trials that just spam enemies at you are hilarious with that, you can spin almost forever with the orb drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Is this game gonna get ported to a real system at some point?