Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

gently caress you goalie-stealing pricks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Gonna shift gears away from goalie and shore up the center position. I'll take Etobicoke's Anthony Cirelli who shined as Tampa's 3C and potted 19 goals despite his age and unfavorable zone starts.

Reilly Smith - Steven Stamkos - X
X - Matt Duchene - Robert Thomas
X - Anthony Cirelli - X

Mark Giordano - Ryan Ellis

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Phone posting so I can't fill out the spreadsheet now. I'm also going to finally address my defense a bit and take Darnell Nurse. He's young and a pretty good puck mover, physical, and plays 25 minutes a night - although that might just be due to his current situation as one of the only real bright spots on that awful Oilers team. At least I know he can do the same thing for me if need be.

Ehlers - Dubois - Kucherov
X - Backstrom - Donato

Nurse - X

Hellebuyck

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

FBS posted:

gently caress you goalie-stealing pricks

To help you out I have declared all the positions I plan to take with my future picks in the spreadsheet. I even say when I plan to take Brandon Saad.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Frederik Andersen is a National Hockey League goaltender for the Toronto Maple Leafs and will continue in that role.

Tkachuk-Barkov-Boeser
Granlund

Theodore-Parayko

Andersen

It's alright. I look forward to rummaging through the discard pile for a 2C.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Due Up:

Teemu Pokemon (8:35 PM EST)
EL BROMANCE
Jordan7hm
fawning deference
Ergo Propter Hog

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
rangers continue to build something beautiful by selecting danton heinen

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

T-Bone posted:

I'm gonna go with Samuel Girard

Connor-MacKinnon-
-Hischier-

Morrisey-Ekblad
Girard-

Very Young, Very Fancy

I don't know why I was so optimistic but I was hoping he'd sneak back to me. He's the fanciest of lads and is gonna get a ton more scoring opportunities with Barrie gone.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

After seeing such poor performance in the penalty box chart, the Florida Panthers improve their PIM score drastically with Tom Wilson.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Come on now Jordan I wanna pick

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

He's skipped.

Next up:
fawning deference (until 11:33 AM EST)
Ergo Propter Hog
lazerwolf
FBS
Kuule hain nussivan

Skipped:
Jordan7hm

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Cool. I think I'll add to my defense. I'll take a 21 year-old defenseman who combined had 47 pts in 77 NHL/AHL games, including 23 in 46 NHL games, who reads the ice really well, and is super underrated considering he played 20 minutes a night with 53% D-zone starts on a poo poo team as a 21 year-old and put up positive fancies and that kind of production. I didn't think he'd fall to me so I am bypassing a forward.

The Devils select Filip Hronek.

Voracek-O'Reilly-Mantha
Hughes

Severson-Klingberg
Hronek

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Now let's see which top nine forwards are left in 40 picks!

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

alright, gently caress the cap, Islanders take Alexander Radulov.

Lazerwolf is up

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Radulov was taken a while ago

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

gently caress the draft too!

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Well, if we're going to be picking players already chosen then I'll take Connor McDavid k thx

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Just making sure you guys are paying attention, the Islanders select Pavel Buchnevich.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

Just making sure you guys are paying attention, the Islanders select Pavel Buchnevich.

Almost took him instead of Hronek. Love me some Pavel

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

good pick, fare well my almost 3rd line winger

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I’m busy drinking on the company dime.

And some fucker took Binnington.

I’ll take Chris Kreider cuz he loving bangs.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
good work today fellas same time tomorrow

Next up:
lazerwolf (12:00 PM EST)
FBS
Kuule hain nussivan
JawKnee
Kilza
Drunk Canuck

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

I’m busy drinking on the company dime.

And some fucker took Binnington.

I’ll take Chris Kreider cuz he loving bangs.

Kreider owns

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Vegas selects d-man Esa Lindell

Next up
FBS (12:00 pm)
Kuule hain nussivan
JawKnee
Kilza
Drunk Canuck

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

aw man

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Has FBS been skipped yet? Should I just go ahead an pick?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
He’s not skipped yet as his turn came up in the dead zone. Skip would be official two hours in at 12 EDT (7 GMT+3)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

So we're only a few rounds in but here are the teams I like the most not counting my own. I mean honestly all the teams look decent so far but these ones feel like the best to me. Interested to see if anyone has different opinions.
Penguins - McDavid, Gibson, and a solid top pairing in Letang-Gostisbehere if Letang can stay healthy
Senators - Crosby with any combination of Gallagher, Tkachuk, or Skinner is nasty, plus Karlsson on the back end
Vegas - lots of solid players who still have some upside to them across the board
Canucks - all forwards so far but that's a scary top 6
Red Wings - just looking solid so far, lots of potential
Blackhawks - a mostly veteran team but not in a bad way
Capitals - a mostly young team but with huge upside and some of them are already proven elite players
Flyers - young and talented and also hard to play against, especially when you consider the older players

A few pages back but in addition to the teams you mentioned I like the Coyotes who have lots of skill and youth. I like your forward group but that d is gonna be woof. The Leafs have an intriguing mix of skill but also some players with an edge like Tkachuk and Parayko.

Sabres are kinda interesting what with having some skilled forwards to go along with some elite dmen in Dahlin, Mcdonagh and Pesce.

I also really like the Sharks. Rask owns and he's got Panarin/Kuznetsov/Kadri which is a nice forward trio and he's got Krug too.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Since Binnington (an established starter) and Grubauer (who will be a starter) are gone, I'm going with a goalie who probably should be the starter on his team but won't. More importantly, the Ducks have cap problems and Juuse Saros is in the middle of a three-year $1.5m AAV contract and will be RFA when it expires.

So I choose a backup to be my starter. Maybe not the steal of the draft but I'm afraid of what my options will be if I wait any longer.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I thought about taking Saros. He should really already be a starter and his numbers are quite good.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Since FBS took my backup starter, I have to go with someone worse than Saros. He's someone who's been playing relatively well throughout his career, so this might not come back to completely bite me in the rear end. The only problem is that he's only got a year on his contract, but since I don't actually know the rules of this game, I'll just worry about year 1 rather than years 2 and 3.

The Colorado Avalance pick Mister Darcy Kuemper.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Most of the D men are now gone, so before there's literally no one left to pick I had better select some.

With the 202nd pick the Vancouver Canucks are proud to select Travis Sanheim.

He's a young (at 23) left shooting right-dman who in his 2nd year with the Flyers clocked almost 20 minutes a night on average over 82 games, and managed to put up some goals as well. I think he'll have plenty of room to grow as a first line D

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I'll select Colin Miller to help anchor my second pairing. He's a solid top 4 D with a decent contract to boot.

Nyquist - Monahan - Wheeler
x - Trocheck - x

Hedman - Petry
x - Miller

Next up:
Drunk Canuck (until 1:55 PM EST)
Jonathan Fisk
stab
WeaponX
VOTE1

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

JawKnee posted:

Most of the D men are now gone, so before there's literally no one left to pick I had better select some.

With the 202nd pick the Vancouver Canucks are proud to select Travis Sanheim.

He's a young (at 23) left shooting right-dman who in his 2nd year with the Flyers clocked almost 20 minutes a night on average over 82 games, and managed to put up some goals as well. I think he'll have plenty of room to grow as a first line D

This is a great pick. I wanted him and was hoping he flew under the radar. I think he's going to have a great year

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Kilza posted:

I'll select Colin Miller to help anchor my second pairing. He's a solid top 4 D with a decent contract to boot.

Nyquist - Monahan - Wheeler
x - Trocheck - x

Hedman - Petry
x - Miller

Next up:
Drunk Canuck (until 1:55 PM EST)
Jonathan Fisk
stab
WeaponX
VOTE1

Colin Miller is pretty good. I thought about taking him instead of Weber but I wanted some truculence and :leadership:.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

David Perron is nobody’s *first* choice for a 1RW but he’s good enough for me given the state of things

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

David Perron is nobody’s *first* choice for a 1RW but he’s good enough for me given the state of things

Despite being a right shot he actually prefers and plays much better on the LW

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Despite being a right shot he actually prefers and plays much better on the LW

Just a typo!!!! (thanks hockey reference smh)

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Stab's not here so I'll select according to his shortlist: Noah Hanifin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

corn on the cop posted:

Stab's not here so I'll select according to his shortlist: Noah Hanifin

Ill take noah hanifin as my #3 d thank you very much

Wsit...

5 million dollars... lmao im gonna have a blackhawks situation pretty fast here