Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Nastier Nate posted:

We’re breeding some next-gen terrorists in our concentration camps and in about 15 years we’re gonna start seeing the fruits of our labor.

My head is still spinning from how fast we managed to go from "Stop with the political correctness, being critical of mass immigration doesn't mean you're a racist!" to concentration camps and child torture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SplitSoul posted:

My head is still spinning from how fast we managed to go from "Stop with the political correctness, being critical of mass immigration doesn't mean you're a racist!" to concentration camps and child torture.

because the first one was always a cover for the second op

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Mass deportations started as a ploy to maintain illegals as an underclass with little access to legal rights, and eventually like many underclasses with few rights, illegal [hispanic] immigrants became a fun scapegoat for all problems so that people could make a big show on cracking down without threatening to make any real changes, which intermingles with all the other flavors of racism in ways that I don't fully understand.

Forcibly moving people en masse is already an easy way to get started with a genocide, because if you don't put in extensive work to make sure they have a place to fit in wherever you're dumping them, there's naturally going to be some kind of attrition. If say, you don't care much at all about the people because they're an underclass, that's going to go up. If various anti-immigrant initiatives have been more aggressive than the system to handle (even expanding to certain varieties of legal immigrants), they all start to clog up, and you gotta start dumping them in camps while you work out your legal sham. Then you have that attrition spilling onto American soil where it's easier to see.

It's anyone's guess how exactly the process will be expanded next, but if it isn't stopped, more extermination seems inevitable.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
concentration camps and mass deportations are ethnic cleansing full stop. so the future is limitless

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

so is it a 3d printer for realdolls or what

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

got any sevens posted:

so is it a 3d printer for realdolls or what

probably eventually but for now it's a way to automate artists out of the job of drawing weird commission art for weird people (which i understand is about the only way legitimate artists can make money anymore)

https://waifulabs.com/blog/ax

quote:

On the weekend of Anime Expo, an artist promised the humanly impossible—custom art commissions with a five-minute turnaround time. The not-so-hidden catch? The artist wasn't a human at all, but an AI exposed to millions of anime images.
The Waifu Vending Machine is our re-imagination of the traditional commission booth. Rather than dealing with communication troubles and overnight delays, the process of the Vending Machine is simple -- select the girls you like, and the booth will learn from your choices to create the character of your dreams!
We didn’t want to generate just any girls -- we wanted to draw everyone’s dream girl.
We ended up drawing inspiration from a common resident of the city buildings: the vending machine! With its towering height and theme of automation, we hoped the vending-machine design could convey our ideas with a single glance.
At the end of the expo, the Waifu Vending Machine sold out of all its stock, twice. It was a weekend of amazement, and despite the challenges, it's great to be able to say we pushed through and let the commission booth of the future shine.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

I guess people do believe this poo poo huh

Smoke a bunch of weed and you can experience subjective time dilation yourself without having to learn to meditate to get the same effect without the drugs

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
The "Am I on a hidden camera prank show?" vibe is completed by use of the word 'adoption.' :stonkhat:

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
What if, instead of weird ugly babies, cabbage patch kids were anime girls you could gently caress

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

million dollar question

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

mind you gross dolls for grosser otaku is already a very well-established market

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

No, I don't think I'll be touching that keyboard

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

they tried a touchscreen first

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Bushiz posted:

No, I don't think I'll be touching that keyboard

Lots of keyboard goop

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

That goop is representative of the human condition.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Extortionist posted:

probably eventually but for now it's a way to automate artists out of the job of drawing weird commission art for weird people (which i understand is about the only way legitimate artists can make money anymore)

https://waifulabs.com/blog/ax

I now want to make an AI that does the same thing, but only expose it to like, Fist of the North Star, JoJo's, King of the Hill, Simpsons and Go Nagai and see what Hell it would create.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
it’s not a vending machine, there are people behind there. it’s a shame remover so creepoids don’t need to tell a person about their shameful fantasy children. that they want to adapt and gently caress.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

KiteAuraan posted:

I now want to make an AI that does the same thing, but only expose it to like, Fist of the North Star, JoJo's, King of the Hill, Simpsons and Go Nagai and see what Hell it would create.
Would you please and share a link with us?

Remulak posted:

that they want to adapt
:hmmyes:

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

Remulak posted:

it’s not a vending machine, there are people behind there. it’s a shame remover so creepoids don’t need to tell a person about their shameful fantasy children. that they want to adapt and gently caress.

This would be in keeping with a lot of other aspects of Online And Such.

Who knew that the goal of the Turing test wasn't for computers to succeed but for humans to pretend to fail

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

MaxieSatan posted:

Who knew that the goal of the Turing test wasn't for computers to succeed but for humans to pretend to fail
A cynic with a super long view of history.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

The plus side is this teaches some drill instructor a great way to punish new recruits.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
congress is having a hearing on teens using juuls today

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can tell the military damaged my brain because my normie friends laugh at the idea of storming area 51 and I'm laughing at the idea of wing standup briefings where a bunch of people are trying very hard to look serious while someone from Security Forces or Intel does a briefing on naruto running and what a meme is

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

You can tell the military damaged my brain because my normie friends laugh at the idea of storming area 51 and I'm laughing at the idea of wing standup briefings where a bunch of people are trying very hard to look serious while someone from Security Forces or Intel does a briefing on naruto running and what a meme is

All the normies are laughing at that to, like me

just imagining some old guy shouting DO I LOOK LIKE I KNOW HWAT A MEME IS why someone explains why they're a trend on twitter

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the military should just let everyone visit area 51 peacefully and let them have a look around because they won't find poo poo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Taintrunner posted:

the military should just let everyone visit area 51 peacefully and let them have a look around because they won't find poo poo

Yeah, everyone who knows anything knows all the UFOs are stored at Wright-Patterson

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, everyone who knows anything knows all the UFOs are stored at Wright-Patterson

They've got a museum there... which means its the perfect cover!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

is that briefing being given to the guards stationed at area 51

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shear Modulus posted:

lol

is that briefing being given to the guards stationed at area 51

ya probably something along the lines of:

memorize this, anybody running while striking this pose is physically incapable of causing you harm

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
the army has anime swords they know what the Naruto run is

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

CharlestheHammer posted:

the army has anime swords they know what the Naruto run is

Air. Force.
Very important distinction. All air forces everywhere are nerds btw

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

bring back old gbs posted:

ya probably something along the lines of:

memorize this, anybody running while striking this pose is physically incapable of causing you harm running very far.

Ftfy.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
https://twitter.com/lisafleisher/status/1154076530651389952

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

It's like those cop stories where they pull people over for good driving and give them a gift card. See this horrible thing is actually GOOD for you!

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

I'd say :sever: but that means having to actually find a new job lol. cool society

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

It's like those cop stories where they pull people over for good driving and give them a gift card. See this horrible thing is actually GOOD for you!

*Weird Al voice* Hahahahahahahaha! This motorist had every reason to believe that they were about to be murdered in cold blood and have their family/memory publicly slandered before their body even finishes cooling! What a wacky misunderstanding!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

This is like William Gibson wrote True Lies