Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Elendil004 posted:

I can't for the life of me figure out the featured contract to kill the two party house owners in Whittleton creek. I get seen everytime doing anything and a giant gunfight is a loving slog.

You can ring the doorbell for the lady. Not a clue about the dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

StrixNebulosa posted:

You can ring the doorbell for the lady. Not a clue about the dude.

He never leaves the grill that I can tell so i don't think I can even phone him.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Elendil004 posted:

He never leaves the grill that I can tell so i don't think I can even phone him.

If you can get Nolan to attend the party, he has a conversation with grillmaster that inspires him to write a new book (he's an author or something) so he'll head inside and up to his room to get typing.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Fuego Fish posted:

If you can get Nolan to attend the party, he has a conversation with grillmaster that inspires him to write a new book (he's an author or something) so he'll head inside and up to his room to get typing.

Oh wow what's the trigger for that?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

Oh wow what's the trigger for that?

Nolan attends the party if the grill has gas

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Nolan gets put off by long lines, so wearing the server outfit and standing behind the french fries lets 47 serve food until most of the guests are done eating. Then Nolan will come in the next time he routes past the house.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ring the doorbell to get susan moving

put an electrocution phone next to richard to kill him

coin susan into the bathroom, or jab her with a syringe once she's between the front door and the basement door

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

god this violin was a pain to get. that ... was an unfortunately designed challenge

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I was wondering if anyone had (or could) put together a almost spoiler free SA/SO +Sniper guide. I feel a little cheap if I just watch a video and follow it, but sometimes routing I'm just not able to figure stuff out. So for example with the bank, a spoiler free SA/SO/Sniper guide might be:

Hit the vault, then use the Report opportunity to isolate the target. Get to where she'll be alone first. Get out via the truck.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Elendil004 posted:

I was wondering if anyone had (or could) put together a almost spoiler free SA/SO +Sniper guide. I feel a little cheap if I just watch a video and follow it, but sometimes routing I'm just not able to figure stuff out. So for example with the bank, a spoiler free SA/SO/Sniper guide might be:

Hit the vault, then use the Report opportunity to isolate the target. Get to where she'll be alone first. Get out via the truck.
Which missions do you need it for?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I got a new computer, so my runs in the future will hopefully be less "choppy dogshit" than previous. I might be down to make some new guides for Master SA/SO/Sniper or something, if Pilch's guides don't still work fine (seriously just use those).

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
As far as I know all my guides are still ok but if anyone knows different please do tell me so I can do something about it :v:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Pilchenstein posted:

Which missions do you need it for?

Sgail is giving me trouble right now.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Elendil004 posted:

Sgail is giving me trouble right now.
For SASO: start at the chapel with any of the non-ghost siegers, shoot the torch to ignite the money pit and summon Zoe then shoot her in the head once she's ready for the ritual. Get up to the glass bridge between the keep and the architect's lounge, drop a gun on the stairs to the lounge for Sophia's guard and some coins by the door to distract Sophia, then jab her with a syringe. Nearest exit is by the gatehouse.
For Sniper: start at the architect's lounge with a rifle smuggled at the Hyperborean showroom, bump into Sophia, run round to get the rifle and then shoot Sophia from the glass bridge. Go down to the wake and tell the musician to start playing, then head onto the roof just below the wake, shoot Zoe as she arrives for the wake and exit by the gatehouse.
That the sort of thing you're after?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Pilchenstein posted:

For SASO: start at the chapel with any of the non-ghost siegers, shoot the torch to ignite the money pit and summon Zoe then shoot her in the head once she's ready for the ritual. Get up to the glass bridge between the keep and the architect's lounge, drop a gun on the stairs to the lounge for Sophia's guard and some coins by the door to distract Sophia, then jab her with a syringe. Nearest exit is by the gatehouse.
For Sniper: start at the architect's lounge with a rifle smuggled at the Hyperborean showroom, bump into Sophia, run round to get the rifle and then shoot Sophia from the glass bridge. Go down to the wake and tell the musician to start playing, then head onto the roof just below the wake, shoot Zoe as she arrives for the wake and exit by the gatehouse.

Cool I'll give them a shot.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Got an idea for the next ET
https://twitter.com/MazMHussain/status/1152953693538586625?s=19

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Pilchenstein posted:

Ok maybe I am being stupid but I don't have any angle on the torch over the pit from the chapel. Everytime I ADS the rifle, 47 crouches too much.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah, it's a bit weird - it takes a bit of jiggling back and forth with the scope up to get it to work. I completely forgot I had to tell people how to do that in the video, sorry :v:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Pilchenstein posted:

Yeah, it's a bit weird - it takes a bit of jiggling back and forth with the scope up to get it to work. I completely forgot I had to tell people how to do that in the video, sorry :v:

Your videos (it's done this three times now) and only your videos get hung up on youtube. I Get the circle buffering but it never goes. Never had that happen on a video (that wasn't actually buffering) and other videos play fine. What gives :)

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Not a clue, it plays fine for me. Anyway, all you do is stand right up against the wall, scope up and then slide back and forth along the wall and you'll eventually get line of sight on the torch. There's a black square on the handle, shoot at that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Is there a decent sniper kill for Sophia Washington that's not just sneaking up behind her indoors? Does she cross the bridge to the Constant's building on her own? I assume that's the only time she really goes outside.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

elf help book posted:

Is there a decent sniper kill for Sophia Washington that's not just sneaking up behind her indoors? Does she cross the bridge to the Constant's building on her own? I assume that's the only time she really goes outside.

you can straight dome her in the crowd by standing on the glass bridge and shooting through the open door.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
The slippery floors in New York delight my stupid brain more than they really should

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFT_oWt4CW8

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

elf help book posted:

From the chapel start, you can get her through a window about 40 seconds in by using instinct but otherwise she doesn't really expose herself to sniping that I've noticed.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

AKA Pseudonym posted:

The slippery floors in New York delight my stupid brain more than they really should

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFT_oWt4CW8

lmaoooo

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Sophia is actually pretty nice about exposing herself for you, since she strolls along the open air cafe area above the fire ritual crowds, out back in the funeral area, and in the cargo helicopter zone, too, not to mention, indoors, through the art gallery.

She doesn't really have any 'TIME TO SHOOT ME NOW GUYS' aside from maybe during the opening ceremony by the statue, but that's pretty unfriendly barring some trick torch shooting that I just couldn't pull off in nearly an hour of trying (months ago).

Zoe is actually way less easy/fun to snipe, all told.

It just doesn't feel right sniping someone from a couple of feet away, it feels like it goes against the whole spirit of the thing, so the closest I've ever gotten while doing so was with Walt shuffling out of his drug lab while hidden in the coca plants, and even there, I was at least 30 feet away.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
You've got the two of them confused, Zoe is the one who walks by the wake/through the art gallery/does the ceremony by the statue. Sophia is the one who stays in the tower.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Sophia will never step outside if her script isn't altered in some way. You can get her called into the Constant's tower by doing the killswitch opportunity and squealing to him, then potentially snipe her as she crosses the glass bridge.

Also more new computer contract shenanigans. I probably couldn't have killed the fired banker quite as cleanly as I did without the new rig, though admittedly it doesn't really matter what he sees before he dies and he spots the KO'd guard either way. It can cause problems (the dreaded 4 star SA) if he just barely spots you though, so getting him before he even fully turned was kind of neat to see.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Pilchenstein posted:

You've got the two of them confused, Zoe is the one who walks by the wake/through the art gallery/does the ceremony by the statue. Sophia is the one who stays in the tower.

Eh. White and purple, then.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Does anyone else have trouble with the story mission "The Heist" or whatever it's called in the new map? I like to play a map by myself to get The Classics and then do the story missions with full hints, but it tells me to go to the vault and as soon as I enter the mission ends. I tried listening in on the robbers in the toilet but nothing happened there either.

What's the first trigger to start it?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Man with Hat posted:

Does anyone else have trouble with the story mission "The Heist" or whatever it's called in the new map? I like to play a map by myself to get The Classics and then do the story missions with full hints, but it tells me to go to the vault and as soon as I enter the mission ends. I tried listening in on the robbers in the toilet but nothing happened there either.

I think you have to sit around and listen to the lady in the vault finish her dialogue first. If the story mission is selected the HUD icon will change when she's finished talking.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Man with Hat posted:

Go into the mission with no weapons or illegal items equipped, walk over to the stairs leading down in the back of the bank, walk down them, get frisked by the guards there, walk up to the glass doors leading to the vault, then stand there while Diana talks to you, until she's finished.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

it's basically "listen to diana tell all her lines" as you move towards the vault (from the default entrance). it's really disappointing.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
It's super disappointing, yes. You have to make your own fun in this map if you want a Heist, rather than stealing some computer stuff and killing a plutocrat.

I suggest entering the vault in the bank robber's outfit, then going from there with the golden reward you find in the vault.

Also, sneak through the lasers rather than deactivating them, and grab all the gold you find inside there.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1153997443014565888

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Thanks for telling me the stupid stuff the story mission requires. I just snuck into the vault or went in with a disguise since it didn't say poo poo about going in with a suit.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Yeah, it's bad. In fact, it may be the worst one I've ever seen in either game!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I am so disappointed the new "Prison" map is another dumbass sniper garbage level.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Elendil004 posted:

I am so disappointed the new "Prison" map is another dumbass sniper garbage level.

To be fair they've always said it was going to be. It's not a surprise announcement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

To be fair they've always said it was going to be. It's not a surprise announcement.

Still sucks