Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

This photo immediately made me uncomfortable because all I can think of is how the finish on all that wood is probably in terrible shape and that it should probably all be cleaned off and reapplied

I don't know if that's the case or not, it's just my visceral reaction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
My urban trailerpark aesthetic balcony is complete.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

luxury handset posted:

i think the person who lives in this home is some kind of immortal vampire hunter

Prosperity Gospel Vampire Hunter: The Series

I'd watch that

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Something about this screams Mormon to me. Is that reasonable?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

My urban trailerpark aesthetic balcony is complete.

It needs a pink flamingo.

Seriously though, it needs a pink flamingo.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Dagen H posted:

It needs a pink flamingo.

Seriously though, it needs a pink flamingo.

Stage 2 will be some planters with some cacti and succulents and a flamingo and a pinwheel are both under strong consideration for the planters

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

there wolf posted:

big gold cross isn't mormon but heck this person obviously isn't strict about authenticity

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Beauty.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

there wolf posted:

How do you know which drawer is the magical underpants? Seriously though, I love love that colonial era (can't recall the exact term) style furniture and unequivocally hate anyone who refinishes one like that if it's not a very well done repro.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I liked the part in the colonial era when right angles weren't invented yet

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
What the gently caress is the finish on that tallboy. It looks like the laminate on the cabinets at my work.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

What the gently caress is the finish on that tallboy. It looks like the laminate on the cabinets at my work.
The picture is bad, but it looks like it's either trying to be a faux bois burl of some sort or maybe faux marble. Or maybe someone just 'yeah do a spongy beige thing on it, that'll look nice"

That house paid a reasonably skilled faux finisher's bills for a year or two.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Mambold posted:

How do you know which drawer is the magical underpants? Seriously though, I love love that colonial era (can't recall the exact term) style furniture and unequivocally hate anyone who refinishes one like that if it's not a very well done repro.

It's Chippendale style which is under American colonial; the shell motif and the shape of the top are how you know, but otherwise it's not nearly ornate enough. Either someone ruined an incredible antique by cutting the finials off and swapping the knobs, or that's one ugly reproduction.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

The picture is bad, but it looks like it's either trying to be a faux bois burl of some sort or maybe faux marble. Or maybe someone just 'yeah do a spongy beige thing on it, that'll look nice"

That house paid a reasonably skilled faux finisher's bills for a year or two.

The neoclassical approach to grandma's baroque furniture was often white wash and sponge painting, so my money is on some sad derivative of that look that doesn't know it's supposed to look aged/like fake marble.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

Have none of you actually seen old furniture? That's a perfectly normal finish for an old piece. The colour is loving ugly but :shrug:

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Jerry Cotton posted:

Have none of you actually seen old furniture? That's a perfectly normal finish for an old piece. The colour is loving ugly but :shrug:

uh that color isn't in any restoration hardware catalog and I've been assured that they sell 100% authentic vintage furniture only

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Stolen from some news blog, but:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/903-Silver-Spring-Ln_Wexford_PA_15090_M45919-05839

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Please don't doxx my bathroom

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Getting a very Kubrick vibe from that. The unsettling kind.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fun fact: I just came here to post that. It gets better!
https://twitter.com/JRown32/status/1154022434280022017
https://twitter.com/JRown32/status/1154060181040435201

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i want to say it's sparse because he already moved to arizona

edit: oh lol phil the thrill is single

graph fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 24, 2019

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Snuff film viewing only

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Please do not besmirch 2 time Stanley Cup Champion and American hero and eccentric Phil Kessel. Thank you

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Jerry Cotton posted:

My dude there is no way that thing is a legit old piece of furniture. The wood on the side panel kind of looks like Birdseye, but it’s likely whatever poo poo finish was put on at the poo poo furniture factory. Bonus for the finial that’s just a weird large ball.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Has anyone bought one of those online custom sofas? I was thinking about Benchmade Modern and Article, but it just feels weird to buy something like that sight unseen, despite the good reviews.

Calypso
Sep 28, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Badger of Basra posted:

Has anyone bought one of those online custom sofas? I was thinking about Benchmade Modern and Article, but it just feels weird to buy something like that sight unseen, despite the good reviews.

I bought a couch and two chairs from Apt 2B. Scary as hell to do it sight unseen. I’ve had it for 7 months now, and it’s outstanding in every way. Everyone told me not to do it, but they all love it.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Badger of Basra posted:

Wirecutter had a pretty comprehensive guide to online sofa makers a while back. My takeaway was most of them are fine, if pricey, but they're all so new no one really knows how long they will last you.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-online-sofa/

Edit: Benchmade is their top pick

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 25, 2019

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
So I heard you like minimalism and brutalist concrete structures

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

that is cool as gently caress

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Dolce and Gabbana are selling their villa on Stromboli due to its classification as a war crime.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sirotan posted:

Wirecutter had a pretty comprehensive guide to online sofa makers a while back. My takeaway was most of them are fine, if pricey, but they're all so new no one really knows how long they will last you.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-online-sofa/

Edit: Benchmade is their top pick

Yeah I use wirecutter for everything but still it’s so weird. I got some swatches and a printout from benchmade though so we’ll see how they look in my apartment

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bring back old gbs posted:

that is cool as gently caress

I can't decide if it's performance art or just a privileged guy LARPing homelessness

I guess it would be a decent temporary shelter in case of the zombie apocalypse/ trump reelection

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Please do not besmirch 2 time Stanley Cup Champion and American hero and eccentric Phil Kessel. Thank you

🌭

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Edit: Whoops I put a thing in the wrong thread.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 25, 2019

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Someone actually did something like that in Seattle, it was discovered around the year 2003. It was actually enclosed and had electricity.

absolem
May 21, 2014

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 [is] immoral
insofar as it is coercive towards someone, yes

I am retarded and compassion is overrated.

AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS

The Bloop posted:

I can't decide if it's performance art or just a privileged guy LARPing homelessness

I guess it would be a decent temporary shelter in case of the zombie apocalypse/ trump reelection

It's just some Italian guy who makes furniture having fun. I quite like his stuff

https://www.instagram.com/lebrelfurniture/

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXF8G50BPQ&t=389s

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

That is NOT what I thought that film was about.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

gschmidl posted:

Dolce and Gabbana are selling their villa on Stromboli due to its classification as a war crime.

exactly what I imagined a dolce and gabbana villa to look like

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

gschmidl posted:

This owns actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PRADA SLUT posted:

exactly what I imagined a dolce and gabbana villa to look like

Really? I find it surprisingly restrained. Replace all the sponge painting with solid, and I'd live there. (Have to ditch the creepy puppets, though)