Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/s5TLOts.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pic of the fireteam

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Keep firing, assholes

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/Clr67TG.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
wait didnt i make a dumb and destiny meme

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

ah there we go

https://i.imgur.com/gr4aY0w.gifv

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, I took a while off from Destiny 2 just as the Black Armory was released. Is it worth doing that particular questline?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Do everything

Try every single thing

Lotta people love and hate different stuff so I'd suggest you try it all

Black Armory has some very good guns in it but the quests are not fun

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

haveblue posted:

It sounds more like artifacts are going to replace activity mods. Activity mods don't go away when a new season starts, though.

Yeah the introduction of artifacts sounds cool but knowing that they go away each season is already frustrating. I wish Bungie would stop removing content or making it obsolete. I'd rather get to keep artifacts and switch between different ones depending on activity etc. and how useful they are for it.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I'm a dumb guy.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Get on my chromosomal level,

I'm grinding out a set of Iron Banner armor

the week before the Solstice Armor grind begins

the Iron Banner before some "QoL changes" are made to the armor quest

the season before it's all deprecated anyway

:downs:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Can't believe it but I'm gonna grind that armor set, and I have never grinded armor. Looks good, 2.0, and the glow Ornaments will persist.

I'm a dumb guy.

Don't do it for armor 2.0, because the game is gonna be throwing that poo poo at you constantly in September.

The other two reasons are fine though, kill poo poo, look baller.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
So what is this armour 2.0 business? I took a break from playing for a while and haven't kept up with announcements.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hobnob posted:

So what is this armour 2.0 business? I took a break from playing for a while and haven't kept up with announcements.

We don't really know except that current armor will be less useful (but not 100% deprecated) and new armor will have more stats and perks and customization and poo poo

That's one of a long list of topics they're giving us more info on this summer

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Black Armory has some very good guns in it but the quests are not fun

The only real sticking point for BA is the pseudo-nightfall for Izanami, which can be greatly ameliorated by having a fireteam to go in with you so death doesn't boot you back to orbit.

I'm working on getting the IB armor for all my characters. :downs: The grenade step is going waaaay faster on my warlock than it did on my hunter, I've actually got more grenade progress than super or melee right now.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I know they’ve recognized that the IB armor quest is a little too long and they’re going to tone it down for the next one, but it is really loving awful. I just got the chest done across both seasons and have absolutely zero motivation to do this again on another character.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://twitter.com/tripleWRECK/status/1154161455681245186

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I main a max ranged erentil in pvp but always wanted one with backup plan. A wizened rebuke just dropped for me with backup plan.

I wondered to myself what the chances would be of immediately going downstairs to the gunsmith and rolling an erentil with backup plan (I never go to the gun smith).

And what do you know the first weapon was an erentil with backup plan (and a charge time masterwork god dammit).

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
it's 8 million times easier to make erentils with your mw of choice in menagerie

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Truth, but also the Gunsmith has some goooood poo poo in his pool these days

Proelium is the only y2 Fusion Rifle with Rapid Fire Frame, which is juuuuust shy of Teleso/LQ (with perma-Reservoir Burst) damage by default, and in Solar

Black Scorpion is cool

Erentil obvi

I can't remember any others but I bet they exist

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Halfdan is cool but it's an AR :(

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Halfdan is a gun I keep hoping will become awesome because I got a killer roll in the vault, but it never happens. :smith:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Truth, but also the Gunsmith has some goooood poo poo in his pool these days

Proelium is the only y2 Fusion Rifle with Rapid Fire Frame, which is juuuuust shy of Teleso/LQ (with perma-Reservoir Burst) damage by default, and in Solar

Black Scorpion is cool

Erentil obvi

I can't remember any others but I bet they exist

I don’t understand what you say about proelium here, all its stats are lower than most other fusion rifles but you’re saying it does more damage?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Blind Rasputin posted:

I don’t understand what you say about proelium here, all its stats are lower than most other fusion rifles but you’re saying it does more damage?

Yes sir! It does lower damage per burst, at a MUCH faster rate of bursts, than an Adaptive, Precision, or Aggressive Fusion, thus doing more damage per second

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

It's useless for PvP but better for boss dps if you're not actually using a good boss dps weapon.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So a non exotic telesto basically

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Woo mama that iron banner armor quest sucked rear end, hahaha.

Now I have to do 5 more games and get 50 defeats while wearing it? For two shaders and a scooter? I thought I heard something about a curated Gunnora's Axe...

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Woo mama that iron banner armor quest sucked rear end, hahaha.

Now I have to do 5 more games and get 50 defeats while wearing it? For two shaders and a scooter? I thought I heard something about a curated Gunnora's Axe...

You were lied to.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Siljmonster posted:

You were lied to.

Well then were the gently caress DO i get my shaders and a scooter!!!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Well then were the gently caress DO i get my shaders and a scooter!!!

Paying 160 tokens to Saladin after you finish the Iron Truage triumph, the curated gun as a reward isn't real though.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Don't do that quest for armor 2.0 poo poo.

You can probably get armor 2.0 poo poo by turning in crucible or vanguard token 0.5 seconds after shadowkeep drops.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 25, 2019

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Well the point isn't to get any armor 2.0, since you won't even get the pieces until the 17th. It's about having useable Solstice armor for Shadowkeep.

I'm probably going to get the hunter set because it's the best looking non raid set so far. Hunter armor has mostly looked like garbage since Forsaken

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Roman posted:

Well the point isn't to get any armor 2.0, since you won't even get the pieces until the 17th. It's about having useable Solstice armor for Shadowkeep.

I'm probably going to get the hunter set because it's the best looking non raid set so far. Hunter armor has mostly looked like garbage since Forsaken

The prodigal chest has a lucky fox tail and the crucibleset has yoga pants. I don't know why you need anything else.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

lol at the whole team waiting for that red X to come around the corner.

https://i.imgur.com/8oKLJmd.gifv

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

I feel your pain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTng3Wo9GLo

Some other funny moments from the pain of finishing up the IB quest yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKzlXnIffXQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSDTKT23SjY

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

lol at the whole team waiting for that red X to come around the corner.

https://i.imgur.com/8oKLJmd.gifv

Meat's back on the menu boys

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
IB is weird. I'm not that good at PvP (emblem says my lifetime KDA is 1.01), but I'm not infrequently getting efficiencies of 2-3 in IB matches, and actually had a 15 efficiency match where I was top scorer on my team in a 77-15 mercy. There are still matches where I get destroyed, but the skill variance seems a lot wider than normal. I even saw someone with a 1 kill, .07 efficiency score.

SUROS Regime tore through that auto rifle kills quest step like you wouldn't believe.

If you just want to get your sniper kills for Revoker out of the way, you definitely get double progress from IB even though the quest step says nothing about it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
IB has skill based matchmaking where every lobby is intended to be a very even match. If you're a poor crucible player, Iron Banner will be nice as you will be lumped together with the similar player pool

Ironically, connections determine the winner with SBMM and skill determines the winner with CBMM

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Sweet Business is still fun in IB. People just die from sheer surprise at your stupid loadout.

Got Thorn and Lumina today. They’re not great huh?

Also been sleeping on Trust way too long. Guess I was too attached to my Last Perdition/smugglers word. I want to grind a good kinetic pulse but BA is full of bitcoin miners and I’m not playing Gambit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Lumina is a pve weapon that I use sometimes in strikes to empower my team and I to do a bit of extra damage and it’s kind of fun.

Thorn, otoh, feels amazing in PvP and if you’re doing low level pve it rips because you never have to reload and everything dies. I love thorn.

There’s a warlock build for lumina that takes great advantage of empowering rounds. You might look it up as it gives you abilities back super fast.

Whichever tree of titan has the perk, slide over ammo to boost damage for a short time, pair that with thorn in PvP. It’s so cool. Every kill drops a green blob and a special ammo brick. Slide to grab both and you’ll have enough damage from both perks stacked to two body shot anyone, like a 0.6 second ttk.