Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Randaconda posted:

:mad:

i'm chaotic neutral, at worse

Wait, YOU are Landerig’s re-reg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Randaconda posted:

freeedr posted:

Wait, YOU are Landerig’s re-reg?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Randaconda posted:

Chaotic neutral is much, much worse

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Florida man can occupy any alignment

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
gently caress swans.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

A truly frightening bank robber

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

it should be illegal for cops to post pictures of people who have been arrested but not convicted of a crime.

SuddenExpire
Jun 29, 2005

expired...

bike tory posted:

Florida man can occupy any alignment

Chaotic good dude just fired for doing what he loved https://www.instagram.com/paulflart/

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Scathach posted:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/1154194555086024710?s=20

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

In some thread, maybe this one I mentioned a flash video from the before time. Someone else chimed in and remembered it. Neither of us found it.

Mentioned it to an IRL friend and voila:

https://netninja.com/images/lj/shinji_4.html

Obviously can't see this on your phone maybe try a personal computer. Just gonna spam this in PYF to try to catch the one other poster who knew it.

rip ytmnd

Health class always told me if you take acid, you can get flashbacks years later.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Gripweed posted:

it should be illegal for cops to post pictures of people who have been arrested but not convicted of a crime.

But how else are you gonna ruin peoples lives by arresting them on wrong/false charges?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Gripweed posted:

Yeah, usually mugshots aren't public record. They are in Florida for whatever reason.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah, usually mugshots aren't public record. They are in Florida for whatever reason.

That's how Florida Man restores his hit points.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Don't forget the websites that scrape mugshot databases and then charge people to remove them.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Scathach posted:

How many banks have you robbed?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Is this ASMR?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

SpacePig posted:

Is this ASMR?

Well it makes ME tingle.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

MrUnderbridge posted:

Health class always told me if you take acid, you can get flashbacks years later.

Obviously it builds up in your spinal fluid to randomly affect you later.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

MrUnderbridge posted:

As someone who has taken enough LSD in his lifetime to kill an elephant, it's sadly not true.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

MizPiz posted:

How many banks have you robbed?

None but I caught one once :shrug:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Scathach posted:

None but I caught one once :shrug:

Sorry to hear that :(

Please do what you can to help find a cure for banks

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

MrUnderbridge posted:

I remember two stoner chicks in high school bragging that because they had cumulatively taken 50+ hits of acid they were "legally insane in <state>"

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Gripweed posted:

I was just thinking this as I browsed the local PD twitter feed where they put up mugshots of people they've arrested so suburbanites can post righteous hateful messages and also they're super not racist btw.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Turns out dunnocks are some freaky-rear end passerines.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

MarcusSA posted:

Bitcoin is like the contra cheat code.

Up down up down up up down down down down no NO NO gently caress poo poo DAMMIT :suicide:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gripweed posted:

It can be helpful in certain circumstances to find additional victims though. Sometimes people don’t want to be the first one to come forward :shrug:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Knormal posted:

i believe you mean freaky-cloaca

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If I squint I can see the bunny, but these optical illusions are getting pretty weird.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

MrUnderbridge posted:

Health class. PYF Funny Dick Cauliflower. There was one guy in all of modern history who just couldn't be bothered to get some simple antibiotics because it was too shameful. Stalactites and stalagmites all over the place. Put fecal lasagna to shame all over some sad 20th century religious guilt.

So glad I live in a post sexual society.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Gripweed posted:

ToxicSlurpee posted:

in Oklahoma we have a pseudo-magazine called Jailbirds, which doesn't just collect mugshots but sells them at every available convenience store, with short blurbs and quips about what the person was arrested for

they do not issue apologies or redactions for wrongful convictions, dropped charges, etc. It's often referred to as a "mugshot tabloid"

Oklahoma attorney general Scott Pruitt back in 2012 (you may recognize the name as Trump's EPA dude more recently) declared mugshots were public record here, and some police departments have gone so far as to regularly post mugshots and bookings on their facebook pages

incidentally David Reid, the guy that runs Jailbirds is also a self righteous piece of poo poo

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lunatic Sledge posted:

in Oklahoma we have a pseudo-magazine called Jailbirds, which doesn't just collect mugshots but sells them at every available convenience store, with short blurbs and quips about what the person was arrested for

they do not issue apologies or redactions for wrongful convictions, dropped charges, etc. It's often referred to as a "mugshot tabloid"

Oklahoma attorney general Scott Pruitt back in 2012 (you may recognize the name as Trump's EPA dude more recently) declared mugshots were public record here, and some police departments have gone so far as to regularly post mugshots and bookings on their facebook pages

incidentally David Reid, the guy that runs Jailbirds is also a self righteous piece of poo poo

Sounds like a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RatHat posted:

Sounds like a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

It can be more than that. The guys who ran basically all of the mugshot sites originally are in jail now. California charged them with...I think extortion. There was one major one but a few new ones cropped up here and there. It was basically all the same racket and they also apparently owned a service that would get one removed from all of them.

I'm no lawyer and forget the details but it was illegal under California law as it was affecting California citizens. A very real problem was that people would Google search you and if you showed up in a mugshot database refuse to hire you completely. This is obviously bullshit as a mugshot existing of you could mean you were arrested under a false accusation, mistakenly arrested because you had a similar name to/looked like somebody else who had done something, had run into a cop who was just being a dick, had charges dropped, or for something silly like you forgot to pay a parking ticket. A mugshot existing of a person doesn't mean they're an abhorrent baby eating monster but there are a lot of people who just automatically assume that. So it makes it harder to find work which then can be trouble as they'd charge you hundreds of dollars to be removed from the site.

The courts basically argued that they were doing a "pay us or we hurt you" kind of racket. Honestly I agree with them. Mugshots shouldn't be public record for basically that reason.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:eyepoop:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Lunatic Sledge posted:

yeah, that isn't incidental at all

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

my alignment is: Nice

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

DiggityDoink posted:

As someone who has taken enough LSD in his lifetime to kill an elephant, it's sadly not true.

:thejoke:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Scathach posted:

Mugshot ethics aside, this kid could have been a driver or only tangentially related to the crime. There was a guy in my church while I was growing up, he was a few years older than most of the kids but only like late high school/early college. He acted as a chaperone for things like our youth retreat and was a pretty cool guy. Anyway, some of his friends robbed a bank and they stashed the money at his place. I don't know if he just accepted the dufflebag without knowing what was inside or what, but he was arrested and sentenced as an accomplice. Spent a few years in prison for his trouble. I saw him a few months ago and I guess he's doing alright all things considered.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Knormal posted:

I showed you my cloaca

Plz respond