Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Aye
Nay
Aye
Nay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Aye, Nay, Nay, Nay

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

aye
NAY
aye
NAY

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Woke up late due to a bad nights sleep (hot, then thunderstorm that pretty much turned to mist on hitting the ground.) so no real update today.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
grey are you actually comfortable with save editting the bote in

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

grey are you actually comfortable with save editting the bote in

I've never tried, so don't know whats involved.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kmi0pa65zkcvgha/AAADcAoppsNhSI-9n4IUId6Ya?dl=0

Theres the save for anyone with more skills than I.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The Croctopus is used to building botes the old-fashioned way, not with these strange file formats

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

quote:

Current states
Germany – Neutral
Britain – Friendly
Austria-Hungary – Hostile
France – Neutral
Italy – Neutral
Japan – Hostile
USA – Friendly.

Priority 1 – Budget
Priority 2 - Prestige.

The battleship is fixed.

January 1914

Welcome to the war lads.

We come up the the idea of ships that carry planes. It's madness I tell you!

We get to work cutting German supply lines.

Swarms of destroyers clash in the Baltic.

We flit around each other before the Germans get some hits in.

The water churns with torpedoes, but we are the one to take a hit.

Night comes and ranges close – we get a series of hits on a German destroyer, crippling her.

There are confused reports of heavier German ships as two of our destroyers take serious hits. With damage mounting I am forced to pull into port to preserve the destroyer force. The “CL” was last reported to be stationary.

We claim victory – but just.

Lots of information here.

February 1914

Three more destroyers, and the raiders are doing well!

The British, not so much.

The destroyers go at it again.

A German ship loses speed and it set upon, but the Bodri in the lead takes hits from its friends.

We pin them against the coast, but it seems our damage is mounting.

Twilight arrives and we get a torpedo hit in. With ammo low I break contact.

Again we claim victory.

The Germans decide to rebuild one of their dreadnoughts in war time – and interesting choice.

March 1914

More destroyers, more raiding.

The Germans run down and sink one of our raiders.

April 1914

We get a look at the newest German battlecrusier.

The Germans sink one of our destroyers.

We get news that we are attacking a enemy convoy.

Oh God, someone let the Tsar out again.....

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Finally, an answer to the age-old question of who would win in a battle between three dreadnoughts and a floating horse racing track

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
I basically stopped paying attention to this for a while. We have destroyers named Verni and Verniy now?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Even the Tsar is doing his part to stop enemy shipping!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Boksi posted:

I basically stopped paying attention to this for a while. We have destroyers named Verni and Verniy now?

If you think that’s wild just wait until you see destroyers Vernia through Vernix

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
The Tsar's yacht is really putting the barge in battlebarge.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Seeing as we have a lot of DD battles, are we winning based on superior design or better handling of them?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Z the IVth posted:

The Tsar's yacht is really putting the barge in battlebarge.

It's not a Battlebarge, Its a Battletsar

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Comstar posted:

Seeing as we have a lot of DD battles, are we winning based on superior design or better handling of them?

I have no idea but would enjoy reading people argue about it so I propose the

another 8 destroyers act, wherein we build another 8 destroyers and I place no other limitations so as to encourage variety of designs

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I'd guess our success at the destroyer fights is Grey's better handling of the fleet, the Podlivs are still real fast but they only have a pair of three inch guns and don't carry much by way of torpedoes compared to the newer ships. Though, frankly, they may be better set up for destroyer on destroyer battles since the new Bolshoy Igriz only has a single 2" cannon for chasing merchants/transports/surfaced subs.

I also am slightly proud that my three selected ships so far comprise our modern destroyer fleet... and the Tsar's yacht. Feel like I'm showing real range in my designs. I hope the yacht survives long enough to be converted into a carrier, it'd actually be fairly good at that role given its size and speed and already having a flat area for things to land in.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Grey Hunter posted:

It's not a Battlebarge, Its a Battletsar

:awesomelon:

DesperateDan posted:

another 8 destroyers act, wherein we build another 8 destroyers and I place no other limitations so as to encourage variety of designs

seconded

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
planes onboard ships, you say

I know you're forced to convert a ship into a carrier to continue down the tree, are we at that point yet cuz we should do that immediately

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
I would like to Submit the Timing is Everything Rider (TIER) on the another 8 destroyers act; calling for new construction to be delayed until the Kaputnik and the Åsidosätta have cleared the docks. Those battleships are almost done and we need them in the fight, not sitting in the docks waiting to get shelled if the Germans launch an attack.

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

planes onboard ships, you say

I know you're forced to convert a ship into a carrier to continue down the tree, are we at that point yet cuz we should do that immediately

That requires the Shipboard Aircraft Operations technology Flight Deck, the third tech in the line (not that we're guaranteed to go in order), with an expected date of 1918.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Proposing the Tsar's Holiday Act

Whereas:

The health and well being of the Tsar are vital to the well being of the country

As God Himself has annointed our most Holy Tsar and commanded us to obey him, and that it is his responsibility and his alone to command the Empire, it's not too much to ask that he be given someplace to sip a mojito while relaxing on the beach every now and then.

The other nations of the world got the good places while we were busy colonizing Siberia, a desolate wasteland that's only good for dumping political prisoners in and where the skiing isn't even that good.

Therefore:

The government shall, in peace negotiations with other countries and at other times, make it its primary goal to acquire overseas colonies.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Servetus posted:

I would like to Submit the Timing is Everything Rider (TIER) on the another 8 destroyers act; calling for new construction to be delayed until the Kaputnik and the Åsidosätta have cleared the docks. Those battleships are almost done and we need them in the fight, not sitting in the docks waiting to get shelled if the Germans launch an attack.

Seconded

This assumes that we can still go ahead and finalise the design concurrent to BB construction.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Epicurius posted:

Whereas:

The health and well being of the Tsar are vital to the well being of the country

As God Himself has annointed our most Holy Tsar and commanded us to obey him, and that it is his responsibility and his alone to command the Empire, it's not too much to ask that he be given someplace to sip a mojito while relaxing on the beach every now and then.

The other nations of the world got the good places while we were busy colonizing Siberia, a desolate wasteland that's only good for dumping political prisoners in and where the skiing isn't even that good.

Therefore:

The government shall, in peace negotiations with other countries and at other times, make it its primary goal to acquire overseas colonies.

Seconded.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

That requires the Shipboard Aircraft Operations technology Flight Deck, the third tech in the line (not that we're guaranteed to go in order), with an expected date of 1918.

The yacht is gonna make a real good babbys first CV, y'all.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Propose the Air is the Future act.

While it may seem ridiculous that these bags of cloth and wire might one day be viable tools of war, there are those among us who see their true potential. Being ahead of the rest of the world in naval aviation may allow us to finally achieve true competitiveness with our wealthier and more powerful neighbors!

This act consists of proposals.

1. Any/all research areas related to aviation (aircraft, aircraft carriers, airships, etc) are to be put on "high" priority.

2. At the discretion of the admiralty, any nation that shows an advantage in any naval aircraft technology shall have its espionage priority set on "high" such that we might...acquire their expertise.

3. If and when it becomes possible to convert or build an "aircraft carrier" that project shall immediately receive the highest possible priority. Its building shall be accelerated, and any other ongoing projects shall be put on hold, as required, to free up the necessary funds or facilities.

4. All airbases in the Baltic shall be built to their maximum capacity as it is practicable, at the discretion of the admiralty. The admiralty shall advise on how many airbases can be built, and at a future time, we shall discuss how many are to be for airships, and how many for aircraft.

bewbies fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 25, 2019

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think everyone should slow down a bit, it's only April and maybe we don't want to be complicating the war effort with yet more legislation only four months after our last legislative session.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

habeasdorkus posted:

The yacht is gonna make a real good babbys first CV, y'all.

But we need to do CVLs first...

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

vyelkin posted:

I think everyone should slow down a bit, it's only April and maybe we don't want to be complicating the war effort with yet more legislation only four months after our last legislative session.

Yeah but on the other hand PLANES

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Zip! posted:

Yeah but on the other hand PLANES

Ah yes, someone's napkin scribble about a flying toy; surely worth attracting the ire of other powerful, and technologically advanced Nations.

I for one, can't wait to write letters to widows when our ill advised espionage campaign sparks a war with the two largest fleets in the world. I'll let them know it was all worth it, because we got a machine capable of lifting a single man into the heavens, for no discernable reason.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

But we need to do CVLs first...

Hmm, is it too big to be classed as a CVL?

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Hmm, is it too big to be classed as a CVL?

CVL is 16KT or less.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
I would also like to propose Anarchy for thee, but not for me. In past wars we have been approached by anarchists and other rabble-rousers looking to stir up trouble among our enemies. While I share the Admiralty's distaste for these scum, I think that with the level of tension in Europe and the present conflict with Germany we must change tactics:

While we are in a state of war we should give support to anarchists or any other rebel group looking to stir up trouble among our enemies. This Act will remain in effect until 1920.

I am certain there is no possible way this can backfire on us.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

bewbies posted:

1. Any/all research areas related to aviation (aircraft, aircraft carriers, airships, etc) are to be put on "high" priority.

Point of order: research priorities are my exclusive domain. BuOrd isn't bound by legislation. Although, based on history, it clearly pays attention to what the legislature is doing.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Servetus posted:

I would also like to propose Anarchy for thee, but not for me. In past wars we have been approached by anarchists and other rabble-rousers looking to stir up trouble among our enemies. While I share the Admiralty's distaste for these scum, I think that with the level of tension in Europe and the present conflict with Germany we must change tactics:

While we are in a state of war we should give support to anarchists or any other rebel group looking to stir up trouble among our enemies. This Act will remain in effect until 1920.

Seconded. Our peasants can't even read! No way that they can figure out what Bakunin was talking about- even the anarchists themselves are still squabbling over that!

Leperflesh posted:

Point of order: research priorities are my exclusive domain. BuOrd isn't bound by legislation. Although, based on history, it clearly pays attention to what the legislature is doing.

Yes, and trying to claim differently is a good cause for a curative trip to the bracing environs of Novosibirsk.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
A bizarre alternate timeline when everyone in the Russian Navy is Billy Mitchell.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

bewbies posted:

While it may seem ridiculous that these bags of cloth and wire might one day be viable tools of war, there are those among us who see their true potential. Being ahead of the rest of the world in naval aviation may allow us to finally achieve true competitiveness with our wealthier and more powerful neighbors!

2. At the discretion of the admiralty, any nation that shows an advantage in any naval aircraft technology shall have its espionage priority set on "high" such that we might...acquire their expertise.

3. If and when it becomes possible to convert or build an "aircraft carrier" that project shall immediately receive the highest possible priority. Its building shall be accelerated, and any other ongoing projects shall be put on hold, as required, to free up the necessary funds or facilities.

4. All airbases in the Baltic shall be built to their maximum capacity as it is practicable, at the discretion of the admiralty. The admiralty shall advise on how many airbases can be built, and at a future time, we shall discuss how many are to be for airships, and how many for aircraft.

Seconded

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

It's no technically the end of the year, but people want to act, so screw it.

DesperateDan posted:

Epicurius posted:

Whereas:

Therefore:

[url=https

Servetus posted:

bewbies posted:

://youtu.be/

Servetus posted:

2jgZKZW_IU4][/url]

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Yay,
Yay,
Yay,
Nay,
Yay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Nay
Aye
Nay
Aye (as far as does not encroach on BuOrd)
Aye