Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Beachcomber posted:

It wasn't right of him to order, but it really, really wasn't right of her to just start talking before looking at the menu.

My wife is like this (but she would never open conversation before deciding what she wanted), so our solution is to have her look at their online menu (if possible, while we're on the way there. Generally she still hasn't decided by then, but at least she has it narrowed down.

Unless the restaurant is full, who cares? You're presumably there to spend time with each other as well as eat, what's the rush?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You're wasting the server's time when they have to come back four or five times to be told again and again "oh we're still looking, not ready yet."

If they had planned to sit and talk for a while before ordering, and let the server know so -- perhaps by saying "oh, could you give us about ten minutes? We like to settle in and read the whole menu first" -- then they would just be eccentric instead of assholes.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Unless the restaurant is full, who cares? You're presumably there to spend time with each other as well as eat, what's the rush?

It's disrespectful to the waitperson. Lingering afterward is fine, but don't take 20 minutes to put your initial order in.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
I live in a non-tipping culture so they're getting paid the same whether we take 2 hours to order and eat or 20 minutes. That being said, I imagine it's annoying having to keep coming back.

It's also annoying when I'm obviously still reading the menu, furrowed brow as if I'm struggling to sound out "entree" and have them ask "are you ready to order?"

But at least figure out your order before you close the menus and have a deep and meaningful conversation.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

PancakeTransmission posted:

I live in a non-tipping culture so they're getting paid the same whether we take 2 hours to order and eat or 20 minutes. That being said, I imagine it's annoying having to keep coming back.

It's also annoying when I'm obviously still reading the menu, furrowed brow as if I'm struggling to sound out "entree" and have them ask "are you ready to order?"

But at least figure out your order before you close the menus and have a deep and meaningful conversation.

I've worked lots of hospitality in a non-tipping culture and if you exhibit "ready to order" behaviour (menus down/closed, arms on table, conversation with others at table) and you're not ready to order, your waiter hates you.

If your waiter asks if you're ready to order while you're actively reading the menu, they suck as a waiter.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

grillster posted:

The boyfriend is probably right, minus specifying which three letter agency. The combined server resources dedicated to Facebook are probably bigger than a Walmart too. Her perception of weird seems to be based on her seeing Facebook as the shell product, while he seeing the moving parts.

The boyfriend is absolutely right. Your information is the primary product Google and Facebook sell. How willing you are to put up with that in exchange for convenience is your call.

PancakeTransmission posted:

Restaurants make their money based on turning tables. You camping through what should be 2 or 3 parties worth of time is going to annoy the staff and the management unless it's dead slow.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jul 25, 2019

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
WIBTA if I asked my husband to get rid of his sex doll?
I’ve been married to my husband for 7 years now. I’m a 29F and he’s a 32M. For a few months to a year now, I’ve been saying no to sex a lot. I’ve just not been in the mood but his libido has been at the same sky high levels that they’ve been since we were college kids.

Some days when I’m in bed tired he starts touching me, trying to get me primed for sex. Most times I’m not in the mood, but some times I cave in to his begging. I felt as his wife it was my duty. But I never enjoyed any of those sex sessions.

So I made my feelings known to him. At first he seemed really down but he said he respected my decision. He stopped asking me for sex after that. Even when he asked, after I said no he would just roll over and go to bed.

After a month or two, he suddenly came him with a sex doll. It was a really expensive one, with huge tits and a round rear end with very human like skin. When I confronted him about it he said he had sexual needs and since I couldn’t satisfy them he had to find a way to satisfy himself without cheating.

I told him to get a fleshlite but he told me he couldn’t get off on those and felt like poo poo after using them. He said cuddling was a huge part of his sexual experiment but I have trouble feeling like that’s the only reason.

When he said that I felt like I couldn’t say anything. It made me feel really insecure, and I suddenly feel really awful. I can’t tell him to get rid of it because it’ll make me look really selfish. I also can’t complain about how expensive t was because we’re pretty well off.

I noticed one night that I was in the mood but he told me he was tired. He had had a few rounds with the sex doll before I got home and was pooped out. I don’t know what to do at this point, but I knew I feel awful.

WIBTA if I made him get rid of it?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Power Khan posted:

i get the feeling hes kinda gas-lighting (probably not the right term) to make her feel a little bad while trying to come off as accepting? but even though i think sex dolls are kinda creepy, its still a sex toy and i wont sextoy/kink shame too much.

anyways their marriage is over because they're not sexually compatible, a relationship where one wants to have sex and the other doesnt is resentment city that'll just fester until they blow up. so a mutual :sever:ing as at hand

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Get a sex doll of your own with a huge dick.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Xaris posted:

anyways their marriage is over because they're not sexually compatible, a relationship where one wants to have sex and the other doesnt is resentment city that'll just fester until they blow up. so a mutual :sever:ing as at hand

Yeah this was my thinking.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
How do you actually dispose of one of these lifesized things?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Power Khan posted:

Leave it behind a comic book store and it'll take care of itself.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Power Khan posted:

Put it in the passenger seat to use the HOV lane.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Those real dolls are creepy as gently caress. I imagine a dude grabbing the thing out of the wardrobe and being like "hey babe, you ready" and start going to town on this human shaped bundle of plastic. Weird.

But honestly if you're not interested in loving your SO, the least you can do is not interfere or shame them when they take care of things themselves.

MarcusSA posted:

Put it in the passenger seat to use the HOV lane.

This happened over here

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

QJ: I apologize for creating an opportunity for goons to talk about their penises, I should have known better, please stop
goons: conquering the worm

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Put it in the driver’s seat of your Tesla with its hands on the wheel to fool the autopilot while you climb into the backseat for a nap

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Xik posted:

Those real dolls are creepy as gently caress.

I will never forget the images of the guy who made his own gently caress doll, complete with "wooden bones" he "carved himself" and totally didn't murder and dismember a bunch of women.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I will never forget the images of the guy who made his own gently caress doll, complete with "wooden bones" he "carved himself" and totally didn't murder and dismember a bunch of women.

What always stood out to me were the eerily accurate leg bones, stained brown for reasons

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Khazar-khum posted:

What always stood out to me were the eerily accurate leg bones, stained brown for reasons

Did he poop on the doll or did he build a doll that could poop itself?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

Did he poop on the doll or did he build a doll that could poop itself?

Yes

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
More from the meth lady.

quote:

Concerned.. Don’t think my dog was diagnosed properly and I spent over $300...

So, my dog was lethargic, ears infected, and I pulled something out of his skin that looked like a dead worm... when I went to the vet they completely disregarded the worm thing I pulled out of him, said he has bad allergies- bacteria on his skin, puss in his stomach and an ear infection. Told me to change his food even though my dog hates fish, and told me to mix a fish based kibble with a raw fish dog food. Also gave me meds to give him twice a day.

Well he got a little better for two days, then today he wouldn’t eat his food, about 30 mins ago (10pm) he ran outside for five mins, came back into our room, and then barfed more than I’ve ever seen come out of him. It’s like brown and mushy, and like more than entire bowl.. probably like two cups if I tried to measure it? I haven’t seen him eat anything all day, I’m just concerned... help..

The dog's clearly hosed up from all the meth she's smoking around it. :smith:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Liquid Communism posted:

Restaurants make their money based on turning tables. You camping through what should be 2 or 3 parties worth of time is going to annoy the staff and the management unless it's dead slow.

Unless the restaurant is full and people are waiting, this is irrelevant. It sounds like the husband should have told the waiter that it was going to take a while and come back later if the concern is they're wasting time, but ordering for the wife is a dick move. You aren't in a restaurant because you are trying to maximize the calories you take in over time ... unless you're in a Golden Corral.

Beartaco posted:

More from the meth lady.

The dog's clearly hosed up from all the meth she's smoking around it. :smith:

Like her own problems, it's more likely to be general neglect to hygiene and everything else because they're busy smoking amphetamines and scheming to find money for more amphetamines, rather than the amphetamines themselves.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 25, 2019

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
There's gotta be a statistic of dudes getting swatted, because their neighbours saw him cart off that worn out real doll at 3 in the morning.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for saying I think a guest at the party might be "too interested in kids", causing him to be sent downstairs (and maybe more consequences in the future)

One of my family members had an engagement party so me and my dad went there to it, and to stay the night.

In the house lives family member, his fiancee, two lodgers downstairs

The two lodgers joined. One of them (Matt) was very friendly, said he was 41 and a lecturer. He said he moved around a lot and that he'd lived all over the world. I said how come you've ended up here, he said he "likes to live in interesting places". He came across as a very stereotypical "lad", talking about how many birds he's been with, and saying stuff like he's slept with every nationality

Later on a couple and their kids arrived. He started playing around with the kids (about 5 years old), making up a flower that didn't exist and sending them on a hunt to find it. After they went back to sit with their parents, he was joking around with the daughter (15 y/o) of one of the guests. He started saying "I have a mission for you, you have to go inside and get a beer for me and David(me)" and getting her to be a servant and making jokes.

At this point a guest who had arrived about an hour earlier whispered to me "his interest in children is slightly worrying"

A few hours later the party had moved inside For some reason my Dad says to me "watch out for Matt, he's not a very nice person"

When Matt was in the toilet I said to the guest who came with his daughter, "do you get any kind of bad feeling from Matt? I think a few people are suspicious of how he's acting around kids". He said he also felt that, and that as a parent he's learnt to develop a radar for this kind of thing, and that Matt wasn't just being overly-friendly, he thinks it's a lot worse than that"

I told my uncle about all I'd heard and seen, and asked him how often he talks to Matt seeing as they sort of live together. Uncle says he's only been lodging there for a week and hadn't properly spoken to him before today. He tells his fiancee all this, and then Matt comes back, she says to him "If you don't mind, we're just going to have it close family now, if you wouldn't mind going downstairs. When he's gone she's talking about how she's going to have to think about what to do, the next day, when she has a clear head

I feel like it's going to go badly for him, possibly being kicked out and losing his job (if he really has one), who knows what else. Without any concrete actions that are proof he is dodgy. And I helped that happen by circulating the information and saying I had suspicions too after what I'd heard.

After I'd heard other people's opinions, i started to think back on earlier parts of the day and things started to seem more sinister. I don't know if I was applying bias to things that were perfectly innocent or not.

The constant moving around areas/countries, the attempts at being a manly man who loves the women, the almost chameleon vibe from him, how much time he spent interacting with the kids. None of those things are WRONG but added together with everything else gave me a bad vibe

AITA?

This made me kind of sad because I waited too long to have kids and I doubt I'll meet the right person and have them now, so when I'm somewhere with friends/family and kids are around I really enjoy playing with them. Dude is 41 and has spent all his life moving around and probably feels like he missed the opportunity to have kids of his own and now he's being labelled a pedo for being kind to children.

And now I'm on a list somewhere.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Pirate Radar posted:

Put it in the driver’s seat of your Tesla with its hands on the wheel to fool the autopilot while you climb into the backseat for a nap

Neat Lifehack!

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

What is his plan EB don’t last that long and they aren’t that much cash

Most places if you get "fired" as opposed to laid off, you can't collect anyway.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

QuarkJets posted:

he's apparently getting boners randomly throughout the day (???) and she's figured out that she's not the cause of them, it's reasonable to be upset at that revelation

"but baby I need to be touched to get a boner" obviously isn't true if he's randomly popping tents in public

imagine being this stupid

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

MightyJoe36 posted:

Most places if you get "fired" as opposed to laid off, you can't collect anyway.

Legally speaking, yes, but many companies won't dispute the claim unless you were fired for something egregious.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

I understand where he’s coming from on the slow thing but holy poo poo loving breakup already.

Always interesting to discover what goons consider inconsolable differences.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

No, Marcus is saying that because the op pretty clearly doesn't like her as a person

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/TByrne75/status/1154247640600600582

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

quote:

Dear Prudence,
My brother and I have not spoken to each other or had any contact for nearly 30 years. A few months ago, my oldest daughter sought him out in the hopes of arranging a reconciliation ahead of my birthday. He rejected that idea but invited her to dinner, and they ended up having an intimate relationship, which lasted for several weeks. They’re both adults, but I’m sickened by the fact that they’re so closely related, disappointed in my daughter’s choices, concerned that my brother was most likely motivated by a desire to hurt me (there’s history), and at a loss as to how to react. I have no intention of engaging with my brother, but I’m uncertain as to how or even whether to communicate these feelings to my daughter. What do I say? Should I say anything?
—My Daughter Had an Affair With My Estranged Brother

Yes, you should say something. This is baffling and devastating—I’m so, so sorry you’ve experienced something so jarring and distressing as a sick sort of “birthday present.” Sure, they’re both adults, but that doesn’t mean it’s not incest (and incest that was, at least on his part, likely designed to upset and hurt you). Even if she’s a very young and unbelievably naïve adult, I cannot imagine what your daughter was thinking or why she thought “Hey, I tried to invite Uncle Howard to your party, but we ended up going out for a few weeks instead” was information you would ever want or need to have. You have every reason in the world to tell her you’re confused and hurt by the fact that she dated your estranged brother and that you need space in order to deal with this upsetting revelation. Please book a session with a counselor (ideally one who specializes in complex family dynamics and long-term estrangement) and give yourself a great deal of room to be confused, hurt, shocked, and angry with both of them.

:eyepop:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
/r/relationships: WHAT COULD BE WEONG?!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Power Khan posted:

He had had a few rounds with the sex doll before I got home and was pooped out.

Mods, new title plz

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Power Khan posted:

I’ve been married to my husband for 7 years now. I’m a 29F and he’s a 32M. For a few months to a year now, I’ve been saying no to sex a lot. I’ve just not been in the mood but his libido has been at the same sky high levels that they’ve been since we were college kids.

Some days when I’m in bed tired he starts touching me, trying to get me primed for sex. Most times I’m not in the mood, but some times I cave in to his begging. I felt as his wife it was my duty. But I never enjoyed any of those sex sessions.

So I made my feelings known to him. At first he seemed really down but he said he respected my decision. He stopped asking me for sex after that. Even when he asked, after I said no he would just roll over and go to bed.

After a month or two, he suddenly came him with a sex doll. It was a really expensive one, with huge tits and a round rear end with very human like skin. When I confronted him about it he said he had sexual needs and since I couldn’t satisfy them he had to find a way to satisfy himself without cheating.

I told him to get a fleshlite but he told me he couldn’t get off on those and felt like poo poo after using them. He said cuddling was a huge part of his sexual experiment but I have trouble feeling like that’s the only reason.

When he said that I felt like I couldn’t say anything. It made me feel really insecure, and I suddenly feel really awful. I can’t tell him to get rid of it because it’ll make me look really selfish. I also can’t complain about how expensive t was because we’re pretty well off.

I noticed one night that I was in the mood but he told me he was tired. He had had a few rounds with the sex doll before I got home and was pooped out. I don’t know what to do at this point, but I knew I feel awful.

this dude is a rapist and she should drag him out to the street and force him to bite the curb then leave

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

carry on then posted:

this dude is a rapist and she should drag him out to the street and force him to bite the curb then leave

Begging for sex, while super pathetic, isn't rape.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Power Khan posted:

Why are people so insistent on maintaining relationships where neither person is happy?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

few weeks later: Reddit, my uncle killed my dad and married my mom, what do?????

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Why are people so insistent on maintaining relationships where neither person is happy?

Sunk cost fallacy, codependency, don't worry its just a dark patch things will get better one day, if we break up now the kids will be devestated, the list goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

How do you not immediately jump to murder your brother with something like this

Like.... I'm trying to figure out how it even came to light. "Hey, you know Uncle What'shisname,the one you hate? Yeah we hosed. Sorry."

Like.... The family is completely destroyed, there's no going back