Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chronojam posted:

A triple pack of RE4/5/6 is coming soon iirc for a base price of $60 with physical for 4 and codes for 5 and 6

However do not let this talk you out of RE4

If anything this is a great opportunity to buy RE4 twice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Pretty sure Fates had really good early reviews so uh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Twice? Those are rookie numbers.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

The Hard Times is a satire site for games.

That explains it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vegetable posted:

Conquest has stellar gameplay :colbert:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I was thinking of getting it, then giving the copy of RE4 as a gift.

Also RE Revelations 2 is on sale for $14 right now on the eshop if you need more RE in your life.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Buddy don’t even get me started on how many times I’ve bought RE4.

Don’t do it.

You don’t want to k le.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Fates was fine though the whole "buy 3 games sort of, also one of them is punishingly harder than the other by a country mile and then the 3rd is a diverted weird pathway" thing was kind of a headache and I wished they had just made one game that was in the middle. It was a weird game in a lot of ways and I never did finish Conquest towards the end due to some of the maps and enemy numbers. I've finished other FE games but that was the first I got frazzled with.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think at 20 bucks I gotta get it now. This will be my 5th or 6th time? Had it for PS2/3/4, Wii U, PC.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

I think at 20 bucks I gotta get it now. This will be my 5th or 6th time? Had it for PS2/3/4, Wii U, PC.

Same, but like every Switch third party game, I justify it by telling myself I can now play it in the sky.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

It wasn't incest, the game just wanted to really make you think it's incest. You get a letter from your dead mother where she tells you that you aren't actually blood related and that she always knew you were destined for each other and she actually wants you to gently caress your step-sibling.

And the "best" part is that this revelation comes long after you're at the romance stage.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Chronojam posted:

A triple pack of RE4/5/6 is coming soon iirc for a base price of $60 with physical for 4 and codes for 5 and 6

However do not let this talk you out of RE4

Why pay an extra $40 to get two bad games. 6 Mercenaries mode is pretty good though

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

:yeah:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I was gonna get the new Wolfenstein first on the PC to play video games with friends but these reviews are making me think I should be Fire Emblem instead

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wolfenstein by all means sounds really good with friends and awful with the AI, and it's 40 bucks to play the whole thing for two people if you use the buddy pass.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Flint_Paper posted:

Also, if we wanted to play Mario Kart locally, I assume we’d need two cartridges? Or is there a sort of game share like on the 3Ds?

...play it split screen on the tv?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tae posted:

Wolfenstein by all means sounds really good with friends and awful with the AI, and it's 40 bucks to play the whole thing for two people if you use the buddy pass.

Will this work for the Switch version? I thought 2 was a pretty good port on Switch.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://bethesda.net/en/game/wolfenstein-faq

I don't see anything that excludes the switch version from the buddy pass. You both need the nintendo online thing though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If anyone picks it up and is feeling generous... :wink:

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Super Mega Baseball 2 is out for Switch, which I quite enjoyed playing on my buddy's XBox. The gameplay is much more solid than on RBI Baseball which is the closest competitor on Switch.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I've been doing much better in Moonlighter since I picked it back up and heeded the tips from various posters.

The game is good, thanks.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

How functional and up-to-date is Phantom Doctrine on the Switch?
It looks like it flopped so hard no one bothered to write about the port.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you're planning on heading out for the Walmart $49.94 Fire Emblem in store deal, make sure they have stock. There's like 2-4 per store.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=342785104

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

I'll wait for a good RE game instead.

Good news, RE4 is only 20 bucks on the eshop!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Shakedown Hawaii is on sale.

I cannot recommend it in good conscience. It's sometimes funny and the action is what you'd expect from a GTA 2 clone.

However, the whole game is about amassing a fortune so you can buy up all the property in the city to become a monopoly kingpin.

The issue is that you amass such extraordinary wealth early on that money is never a factor. Hell, you can just leave the game on to make passive cash if you really want.

Games like this are hard to balance but when you have a single property giving you $10M every few minutes, there is no risk.

There's also nothing to spend the money on. Everything you can buy that isn't property is chump change.

Edit: I got 100% in the game at about 12ish hours. After the first two I was on auto pilot, just breezing through the entire thing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah I was really into it for a while, but it’s shallow. This is coming from someone with hundreds of hours in top-down GTA’s.

It’s very good at aping the aesthetics, but the depth it missed

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I assume the answer is no but can you download purchased movies on the youtube app to watch later?

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Don’t do it.

You don’t want to k le.

...I've bought and beaten, EVERY version of FF4, is it about that much?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Silegna posted:

...I've bought and beaten, EVERY version of FF4, is it about that much?

I think I'm at 6-7? Gamecube, Wii, iOS, PS2, PC, 360, Switch. To be fair, some of those my brother bought but i definitely played them.

The holy grail is to play RE4 on the Zeebo.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I remember buying the original lovely PC version of RE4 but I don’t see it in my library any more? I still have the bad version of DMC 3 though so I don’t know what happened.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Resident Evil 4 for iOS and Android coming third quarter 2020

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

hatty posted:

I remember buying the original lovely PC version of RE4 but I don’t see it in my library any more? I still have the bad version of DMC 3 though so I don’t know what happened.

I don't think the Ubisoft version of RE4 was on Steam but I might be wrong. I definitely remember seeing a PC box release for it though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Looking for a fun LAN co-op drop-in game

Friend brought over Ultimate Alliance, which was super fun. So getting the vouchers for that and something else

Donkey Kong maybe a bit too hard?
Have New Super Mario Bro’s
Have Hyrule Warriors
Have Mario Kart

Had Kirby Star Allies though didn’t play it much? I think they patched in a bunch of free DLC? I remember it being a fun party game

Not a fan of this Mario party

Yoshi’s Crafted world maybe? Or Kirby?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Not voucher games, but Death Road to Canada, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Snipperclips, and the Capcom Beat-em-up Bundle are all pretty ace for couch multiplayer.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

yeah definitely open to other recommendations too, thanks!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: So I just did the fight against Ultron and uh, are the AI companions just supposed to stand there and eat poo poo during the MMO "don't stand in the lava" parts? Also during the turret section some of them just stopped shooting so I had to go through four more fights with adds because I wasn't doing damage fast enough.

Is this game really only meant to be played multiplayer, and is that stuff going to get worse

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I'm surprised how much trouble I am having on easy with my kids running around Hulk-Smashing the walls.

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
Heads up folks, apparently Pillars of Eternity 1 is coming to the Nintendo Switch in August and it’s the complete edition with all the dlc. I don’t know if the website is reliable but it’s saying that you can preorder it on the EU eShop already so EU goons can probably check to confirm.

https://nintendoeverything.com/pillars-of-eternity-complete-edition-coming-to-switch-next-month/

EDIT: For those of you asking about POE 2, yes it’s still coming out, though apparently in holiday 2019 and yes they patched in turn based combat a while back from what I’ve heard.

Nicaden fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 26, 2019

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

RandomFerret posted:

Resident Evil 4 for iOS and Android coming third quarter 2020

You don't even have to wait. These versions came out in 2010/2011!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

The Pirate Captain posted:

Super Mega Baseball 2 is out for Switch, which I quite enjoyed playing on my buddy's XBox. The gameplay is much more solid than on RBI Baseball which is the closest competitor on Switch.

I played a ton of the first one on PS4 I think. I swore I was done buying Switch games for a bit but I may have to bite on this one. Does it improve on 1?