Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Vermain posted:

anyways this province is doomed; literally no one - not even the NDP - is willing to admit that trying to invest in more oil production and support the beef industry when we've got less than 10 years to cut CO2 emissions to the bone is not merely harmful to the province's future but harmful to the entire loving world, and there's no federal politician with enough backbone to admit it and then offer some other way forwards for the province

we're at the point in human history where strong, effective leadership is needed more than ever before but people are so desperate to continue to live in a dream that they're voting in complete loving yokels like trudeau, kenney, and ford and then act surprised when their riverside mcmansion is flooded for the third time in four years

https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/746803108949409793

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

infernal machines posted:

i will make family immigration much more difficult
- a very smart man running for election in a nation of immigrants

Pretty sure he's just trying to burn the cons down now, all his policies will target exactly half of the typical conservative voter base.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
smh at all you guys saying building arenas with public funds is bad. where are we going to guillotine people that has a large enough audience capacity?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vermain posted:

anyways this province is doomed; literally no one - not even the NDP - is willing to admit that trying to invest in more oil production and support the beef industry when we've got less than 10 years to cut CO2 emissions to the bone is not merely harmful to the province's future but harmful to the entire loving world, and there's no federal politician with enough backbone to admit it and then offer some other way forwards for the province

we're at the point in human history where strong, effective leadership is needed more than ever before but people are so desperate to continue to live in a dream that they're voting in complete loving yokels like trudeau, kenney, and ford and then act surprised when their riverside mcmansion is flooded for the third time in four years

even just looking at it economically, nobody is actually buying that much of the oil anyway so transporting more of it won't do poo poo

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Yinlock posted:

even just looking at it economically, nobody is actually buying that much of the oil anyway so transporting more of it won't do poo poo

it provides a handy excuse for albertan leadership to get the masses Real Mad at those goddamn BC hippies though!

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ardent Communist posted:

smh at all you guys saying building arenas with public funds is bad. where are we going to guillotine people that has a large enough audience capacity?

Simulcast them on every single television channel (& of course YouTube, Facebook, Twitch). I've heard rumors of certain executions being done this way in the glorious PRC.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
sure, but with deepfakes and everything, how can we be sure that we're really executing people? I mean, North Korea has apparently been playing this game for years, what with their politicians being torn apart by dogs or blown apart by anti-aircraft guns and then somehow fine a couple weeks later.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Ardent Communist posted:

i would imagine we could go back to having people meet in town squares for executions

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

apatheticman posted:

https://twitter.com/HarshaWalia/status/1154396905893289986?s=20

Wonder if the right will be brazen enough to use this as two tier propaganda.

Also gently caress that guy.

This is horrifying

I'd counter argue that physicians should be public servants and that the profession needs greater oversight

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Yinlock posted:

that's what i meant by "the province's future"; even ignoring the immediate environmental consequences of tar sands, the market has been shifting towards renewables for a while now, and i'm at this point reasonably convinced that there's enough internal and external pressure to force governments to start adopting policies that will further accelerate this trend, including into areas where renewable growth hasn't been as strong (e.g. electric vehicles)

the idea of a new pipeline being a sound long-term investment is loving insane unless you believe wholeheartedly that the entire world will embrace the apocalypse; even then, i think you'd have trouble convincing the most diehard climate pessimists that oil use is somehow going to go up over the next 10 years when there's significant economic incentives in going green

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Ardent Communist posted:

sure, but with deepfakes and everything, how can we be sure that we're really executing people? I mean, North Korea has apparently been playing this game for years, what with their politicians being torn apart by dogs or blown apart by anti-aircraft guns and then somehow fine a couple weeks later.

Guillotines are so efficient and humane, very age of reason. We're back to wantom cruelty now and as I see it this country has endless miles of highways across flat even terrain, seems only logical we'd go for mass hangings or crucifixions.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Yinlock posted:

I wish the myth of no one wants our oil would stop because its total bullshit. the amount being sold is increasing:

https://www.neb-one.gc.ca/nrg/sttstc/crdlndptrlmprdct/stt/crdlsmmr/crdlsmmr-eng.html

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i think the only actual reasonable way forwards for alberta economically is to build up significant flood mitigation and irrigation infrastructure and go all-in on solar, wind, and non-animal agricultural production. it's not like there's gonna be a surfeit of food worldwide in the coming century, so if you started preparing for that reality now, you could become a critical economic driver again instead of praying that the entirety of saudi arabia and its oilfields are sent to the phantom zone

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

that's what i meant by "the province's future"; even ignoring the immediate environmental consequences of tar sands, the market has been shifting towards renewables for a while now, and i'm at this point reasonably convinced that there's enough internal and external pressure to force governments to start adopting policies that will further accelerate this trend, including into areas where renewable growth hasn't been as strong (e.g. electric vehicles)

the idea of a new pipeline being a sound long-term investment is loving insane unless you believe wholeheartedly that the entire world will embrace the apocalypse; even then, i think you'd have trouble convincing the most diehard climate pessimists that oil use is somehow going to go up over the next 10 years when there's significant economic incentives in going green

there was a poll a while back that I can't find now that showed even a majority of Albertans think that over the next few decades oil should play a diminishing role in the economy

it's just that when the time comes to make a choice between "think long-term and move away from oil like we eventually want to" and "think short-term and provide huge subsidies to oil producers in hopes of an immediate economic expansion" they always choose short-term

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/_jessbu/status/1154472430028513280?s=20

Add that to these

quote:

July 8 Brian Pallister pledges to cancel the provincial sales tax on home insurance, which he says will save the average homeowner $70 a year.

July 15 Rochelle Squires says they will cancel the PST on salon services and haircuts over $50.

so tax cuts totalling another $45 million in revenue losses for the manitoba government but nothing so far about how deal with the meth crisis

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I hate Conservatives so much.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

cougar cub posted:

I wish the myth of no one wants our oil would stop because its total bullshit. the amount being sold is increasing:

https://www.neb-one.gc.ca/nrg/sttstc/crdlndptrlmprdct/stt/crdlsmmr/crdlsmmr-eng.html

yeah until saudi arabia decides to tank the price again

oil is the worst investment because it's just a money sink if unsuccessful and if successful the usa will invade you or saudi arabia will gently caress with your markets

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

vyelkin posted:

there was a poll a while back that I can't find now that showed even a majority of Albertans think that over the next few decades oil should play a diminishing role in the economy

it's just that when the time comes to make a choice between "think long-term and move away from oil like we eventually want to" and "think short-term and provide huge subsidies to oil producers in hopes of an immediate economic expansion" they always choose short-term

despite the fact that it's never worked and the economy has crashed like what twice now from reliance on oil

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
practicality aside, I wonder if the Americans would really let us build a border fence or just slap the PM upside the head as soon as he tried to start construction.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cougar cub posted:

Tough poo poo, I have to listen to how Trudeau "is against helping Alberta build pipelines" so you get to hear lies too.

Additionally the current pipeline is operating at 30% capacity so good thing they are doubling capacity, idiots.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

cougar cub posted:

how much is it increasing vs how much oil the world is exporting tho

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Dreylad posted:

practicality aside, I wonder if the Americans would really let us build a border fence or just slap the PM upside the head as soon as he tried to start construction.

They'd welcome the end of terrorists entering from canada

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ocrumsprug posted:

Tough poo poo, I have to listen to how Trudeau "is against helping Alberta build pipelines" so you get to hear lies too.

Additionally the current pipeline is operating at 30% capacity so good thing they are doubling capacity, idiots.

voice of fire was a better federal government investment than trans-mountain, it's such a loving boondoggle

(apropos of nothing: the room with voice of fire is actually pretty sick and is worth a visit if you ever happen to be by the national gallery)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Maxime is a girls name

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/_jessbu/status/1154472430028513280?s=20

Add that to these

so tax cuts totalling another $45 million in revenue losses for the manitoba government but nothing so far about how deal with the meth crisis

lol love to live in a province that cant fund itself to function properly. Oh wait no i dont gently caress

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:c00lbutt:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 01:09 on Jun 16, 2021

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

lol love to live in a province that cant fund itself to function properly. Oh wait no i dont gently caress

You could always move to Costa Rica.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Vermain posted:

(apropos of nothing: the room with voice of fire is actually pretty sick and is worth a visit if you ever happen to be by the national gallery)

agreed

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Thanks Doug!

Promises made, promises kept.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I appreciate the help with dividing 24 by 24 to get 1

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Vermain posted:

voice of fire was a better federal government investment than trans-mountain, it's such a loving boondoggle

This is all true

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Powershift posted:

Thanks Doug!

Promises made, promises kept.

That's before tax and bottle deposit. More like Buck-fifteen-a-beer

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I know that one of the two murder suspect dorks who fled to Manitoba is a nazi gun fetishist, but is he also an incel?? why hasnt the media jumped on this angle already jeez

also why flee to Manitoba

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

no you see he was just collecting Nazi memorabilia because it looked cool and furthermore

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

also is this the first time port Alberni has ever done anything notable other than get hit by a tsunami

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

priznat posted:

Exactly they'll never expect it! You can get out into international waters via Hudson's Bay. It's the perfect escape route assuming you have a submarine

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

apatheticman posted:

Exactly they'll never expect it! You can get out into international waters via Hudson's Bay. It's the perfect escape route assuming you have a submarine

just gotta make it to that disputed Dutch island

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

priznat posted:

I know that one of the two murder suspect dorks who fled to Manitoba is a nazi gun fetishist, but is he also an incel?? why hasnt the media jumped on this angle already jeez

I would imagine they think they're survivalists, and there's an incredibly huge amount of nothing up in northern Manitoba where they can go and hunt and camp and gently caress and whatever else.

They've probably already drowned in a bog.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

That's before tax and bottle deposit. More like Buck-fifteen-a-beer

shut up with your stupid math soyboy liberal cuck

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

I appreciate the help with dividing 24 by 24 to get 1

they know their market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Powershift posted:

They've probably already drowned in a bog died of mosquito induced blood loss.

Ftfy.