Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I liked Blessed Shield (w/ whatever the 6p set bonus was) well enough, but it felt a little underpowered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Rinkles posted:

I liked Blessed Shield (w/ whatever the 6p set bonus was) well enough, but it felt a little underpowered.

Blessed Shield with Akkhan set feels cool while AC is up but then if you can't get perfect CD rolls to hit the sweet spot, you do piddly damage til it comes off cooldown again

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Something decent for a change

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
NA Challenge rift this week was really cute. Too bad it's not a real build that works at higher levels. LoN Barb with the weapons that increase cleave damage by % missing fury and increase bash damage and makes it consume fury.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

bamhand posted:

NA Challenge rift this week was really cute. Too bad it's not a real build that works at higher levels. LoN Barb with the weapons that increase cleave damage by % missing fury and increase bash damage and makes it consume fury.

Meanwhile, the EU Challenge rift is a Leapquake Barb with 2-piece Blackthornes and Guardian's Case. Who has also opted for a 1-H Mighty Weapon and a Shield (both of which have Rubies), but hasn't chosen Hammer of the Ancients - the skill modified by his weapon.
Just :ughh:

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
Im another of the bought at release but just now playing it people. Are the land of the dead skills any good for necro? They seem cool but the cooldown is brutal.

mewse
May 2, 2006

AmishSpecialForces posted:

Im another of the bought at release but just now playing it people. Are the land of the dead skills any good for necro? They seem cool but the cooldown is brutal.

The top builds for necro pop land of the dead and then spam corpse lance with the infinite corpses provided. It’s not a fun play style

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Seems like every necro build has lotd.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Then don’t use it. It’s the Convention of Elements of Necromancer skills; absolutely boring and unnecessarily pervasive.

It’s a pretty simple matter to generate lots of corpses for use if you still need them, and I don’t even mean the old fashioned way.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just LoL if you play any Necromancer build besides BONESTORM

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Someone hit me with the hottest bonestorm builds you got. I’ve hit a wall at t15.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Snacksmaniac posted:

Someone hit me with the hottest bonestorm builds you got. I’ve hit a wall at t15.

I posted my gimmick one a while back, but you ain't hitting t15 with it. It's fun though

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Snacksmaniac posted:

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-bone-storm-build-with-inarius-set-patch-2-6-5-season-17

This is the same build it's always been. Bonerstorm used to be amazing when the Mirinae jewel had a proc glitch, but they took that out, and it went and got lovely. This build isn't overall going to shine until you've definitely got best-in-slot gear, and done as best you can to level up the jewels. The only supplemental thing I can say is that if you've got a better Trag's Fang than a Shadowhook, use that with a good offhand and just put the Shadowhook in the cube instead. I usually prefer personally to use Trag's 1h with the best offhand I can find over the Shadowhook, as I think damage tics and proc chances go up with attack speed.

For the sake of variety and avoiding boredom, and maybe even for the sake of if you accidentally build a better set while trying to improve your Inarius build, keep an eye on gear that'd work out to a good Rathma set-
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-skeletal-mages-build-with-rathma-and-jesseth-sets-patch-2-6-5-season-17
Rathma's is probably my favorite Necro set. It'll still incorporate Land of the Dead like every other loving necro build for that critical burst damage in dealing with champs/uniques/bosses, but you get more to do other than 'run around ineffectively until the cooldown is over'. Skeletal mages is usually the flavor for pushing GR, but there are other configurations out there of varying viability to keep things from being too boring.
Rathma's comes as close as possible to scratching that old skellymancer from Diablo 2 itch, too.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Patching out the Mirinae interaction was probably the beginning of the end for me.

The gem system is so cool and multi-faceted (LoL) but people only use the same 6-7 for every build in every class out of the 20 that exist.

Like, Mirinae making Necromancers good and giving us something to do besides LotD was good for the game and I never understood why it merited a patch.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Bust Rodd posted:

Patching out the Mirinae interaction was probably the beginning of the end for me.

The gem system is so cool and multi-faceted (LoL) but people only use the same 6-7 for every build in every class out of the 20 that exist.

Like, Mirinae making Necromancers good and giving us something to do besides LotD was good for the game and I never understood why it merited a patch.

Neither do I, considering even in its 'broken Mirinae' form with poo poo-hot BiS gear, it couldn't match the efficacy of Monk or Demon Hunter solo builds.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I’ve been using some blood nova bloodstone build. I wanted something that farmed regulars fast and it’s fine. I just am struggling to unlock t16. I’ll probably switch to rathma temporarily.
Also I can’t get a drat krysbins still.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I want my bugged Firewalkers back, that was probably the most fun bug I've ever abused in this game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

was hoping that adage about the game being playable on any old toaster was more true. on a new laptop with an integrated graphics card i couldn't hit 30fps without lowering the resolution too much and even then there were consistent lag spikes. it might be okay for low stakes rifts. (though i'd miss numlock buffs)

e:eh at 720p it's stable enough. totally acceptable.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 20, 2019

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
This barb's one was the worst challenge rift I've ever played

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

gently caress it, roll another class.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

JUst started playing this on the Switch, and it's actually clicking, I've often bounced off Diablo and Diablo likes, but portability really helps?

Also good OP Bust Rodd, those tutorial vids are actually really clear and answered a lot of my questions for once.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A Sometimes Food posted:

JUst started playing this on the Switch, and it's actually clicking, I've often bounced off Diablo and Diablo likes, but portability really helps?

Also good OP Bust Rodd, those tutorial vids are actually really clear and answered a lot of my questions for once.

If you’re new the Season Journey does a really good job of carrying you / introducing you through every mechanic the game offers.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If you’re new the Season Journey does a really good job of carrying you / introducing you through every mechanic the game offers.

Yeah that's the gist of what I got from the video. Working on getting that Groot.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Bust Rodd posted:

You think that's bad? Endless walk dependence is even worse.

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

I liked necros but their builds all kinda suck and LotD should only be a gimmick option for one set max where you can get it to perm uptime.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Thunder Sheep posted:

I liked necros but their builds all kinda suck and LotD should only be a gimmick option for one set max where you can get it to perm uptime.
Necro sucks to play even though it's real strong.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Khorne posted:

Necro sucks to play even though it's real strong.

This is the perfect description of the necromancer

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

PTR notes up. Some of the items and Gems seem neat but it doesn't seem like any changes are huge. But glad that they're adding them and still making some legendaries less useless.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23059434#General

E: Meh S18 theme IMO.

The buff for Season 18, the Season of the Triune, has been added
Triune's Will: All abilities have a chance when hitting an enemy to spawn a circle that gives a power. Only one circle can be active at a time.

Power: Players in the circle receive a 100% damage bonus while active
Resource Reduction: Players in the circle receive a 50% discount on resources spent while active
Cooldown Reduction: While standing in an active circle, any skills currently on cooldown come off of cooldown more quickly.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 25, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy poo poo I love Legacy of Dreams. It's less-lovely, non-ancient-demanding (but still benefits from ancients) LoN. :aaaaa:

That was always my biggest "why loving bother" about LoN was the demand for ancients.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Kyrosiris posted:

Holy poo poo I love Legacy of Dreams. It's less-lovely, non-ancient-demanding (but still benefits from ancients) LoN. :aaaaa:

That was always my biggest "why loving bother" about LoN was the demand for ancients.

Oh wow, I didn't read that one right the first time, interesting. But as you go up in ancients, which becomes better, LoN or that gem? I don't math my Diablo much to be able to say. Still that will make build variety much better I'd think.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
We’ll be conducting the Patch 2.6.6 PTR over the course of one week, starting Thursday, July 25. During the course of the PTR, there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches.

Season 17 ending in early August then?

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
So with them announcing PTR for season 18, how long do we think we'll have left on 17? The wife and I are currently on Conqueror so the Galactic Wings are in sight. I'd hate to come this far only to have the season end before we can get them...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Woah new legendary powers. Cool!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Suburban Dad posted:

Oh wow, I didn't read that one right the first time, interesting. But as you go up in ancients, which becomes better, LoN or that gem? I don't math my Diablo much to be able to say. Still that will make build variety much better I'd think.

I'm assuming the 3.75% per legendary for damage is a typo. If it is, then it's basically the same as LoN (since rank 25 doubles the bonus from Ancients to the same as LoN's 750/4%) but you can use whatever rings you want instead of the LoN rings, balanced against having to give up a different legendary gem.

So probably LoD early, LoN late. Still though, it's a very good addition IMO.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wow some of these changes are really good, and unexpected! Any class that can wear their 6pc set while getting the 3pc bonus from Captain Crimson is gonna be pretty dope. Legacy of Dreams is a great addition to the game, and there seem to be lots of possibilities with Squirt's Necklace and Messerschmidt's Reaver as well. Actually I'm just thinking of all the ways Archon will get even better.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm assuming the 3.75% per legendary for damage is a typo. If it is, then it's basically the same as LoN (since rank 25 doubles the bonus from Ancients to the same as LoN's 750/4%) but you can use whatever rings you want instead of the LoN rings, balanced against having to give up a different legendary gem.

So probably LoD early, LoN late. Still though, it's a very good addition IMO.

It's a gem with 100 levels, 3.75 is likely base and a maxed gem is likely 375%, each doubled for ancients.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
2 Cain/2 Sage is gonna be the new pro corpse drag farm set.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Will Styles posted:

It's a gem with 100 levels, 3.75 is likely base and a maxed gem is likely 375%, each doubled for ancients.

Ah, duh, that makes sense.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They should turn RORG into a gem while they’re at it, that season was fun too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

They should turn RORG into a gem while they’re at it, that season was fun too.

How would you scale that?