Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Had fun turning my TW/rad brute Dharma Geddon into a black metal alternate costume:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Gynovore posted:

* Create a character who, from an RP standpoint, is a complete rear end in a top hat.

* Accept an invitation to a random PUG.

* The first time someone talks in character say (("Whoops, I'm sorry, I didn't know this is an RP group. I'd be glad to RP, but I should mention that this character is a bit salty, is that OK?"))

* Crudely hit on every woman in the group (naturally they're all women). Be as disgusting as you can.

* (("I can't help it, it's what my character would do!"))

This is actually the exact sort of behavior that helped chase me away from Pocket D. Both the general "but my character's concept is that they're an rear end in a top hat" types and hanging around an obnoxious dude whose character just ran around goosing ladies, getting into trouble for goosing ladies, and then complaining that he got into trouble yet again for goosing ladies. I wasted entirely too many hours of my life hanging out with a really lame and ultimately toxic bunch. :sigh:

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Had fun turning my TW/rad brute Dharma Geddon into a black metal alternate costume:

Owns.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Kheldarn posted:

The IBP forums are now here to stay.

Our plans for the forums
By Cipher

Firstly, I’d like to apologize for the very rocky last 48 hours with the website. A lot of things went poorly during migration and we ran into a big issue that either did not occur or was not as obvious during the test migration done a while ago. This issue was the biggest cause of delay during migration as it required some research, database work, and programming to resolve.

Our plans moving forward have changed several times, as I’m sure many have noticed, but a final decision has been reached. We will be sticking with IPB and working to improve it, both functionally and visually. This begins with tweaking the theme to condense things a little and replacing the WYSIWYG editor and HTML system that IPB currently uses for posts with a new system that uses BBCode instead.

We’re aware that some people are happy about the new forums and others dislike them. If you have a problem with or criticism of the new forums, I welcome you to create a thread here. We will be keeping a close eye on feedback and suggestions.

Finally, members of our amazing GM team have offered to help go back and fix popular posts and guides that had their formatting get a bit messed up during migration, so hopefully we can get those fixed up ASAP.

Again, we apologize for the mess and constant back-and-forth since the migration started; hopefully we can make the new forums something that everyone is happy with and comfortable using.

As of the time of this post emails have been fixed, registration has been re-opened, and other features have been re-enabled.

Thank you for you continued support as always,
- Homecoming Team

I wondered what Radium's been up to

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

John Murdoch posted:

This is actually the exact sort of behavior that helped chase me away from Pocket D.

Pretty much. Going back to your earlier post, the hardcore RP-ers (on Live) seemed to fall into two groups; those just looking for erp, and those engaged in some ultra-complex, utterly impenetrable game.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Gynovore posted:

* Create a character who, from an RP standpoint, is a complete rear end in a top hat.

* Accept an invitation to a random PUG.

* The first time someone talks in character say (("Whoops, I'm sorry, I didn't know this is an RP group. I'd be glad to RP, but I should mention that this character is a bit salty, is that OK?"))

* Crudely hit on every woman in the group (naturally they're all women). Be as disgusting as you can.

* (("I can't help it, it's what my character would do!"))

i made an aging ska musician

when the other 7 people in the group are all Very Serious Dark Gods (Original Concept, WIP, Do NOT steal) its a lot of fun

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
I'm a swamp monster that lives in a sewer, splashes any groupmates near melee range with slime, and communicates only in belches and tortured english punctuated by heavy breathing through a snorkel.

Also in the game.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

I AM THE MOON posted:

when the other 7 people in the group are all Very Serious Dark Gods (Original Concept, WIP, Do NOT steal) its a lot of fun

you made this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmbFACeLcZo

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

I AM THE MOON posted:

Not quite the same but some of the most fun I've had has been my wannabe demon queen who interrupted a bunch of darklords to start talking about how she was practising an evil laugh and that she needed a good evil plan because so far it was just banks and she was looking for a costume that would strike fear in the hearts of mortal men and DIDN'T have cleavage, and the entire group just stopping the darklording to give her villainy style tips was incredibly :kimchi:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
My only real RP character (As in someone who routinely hangs out in Pocket D, I would probably do mild RP if someone walked up to another of my characters) is Enigmon, who is a hovering zombie with an orb for a head and communicates entirely by *[adjective] orb noises*. I have yet to work out an appropriate adjective for ordering a drink, though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'm playing wrong I guess because my player backgrounds were hitting random until something looked neat and picking a name that went with it.

Dr Brain in a Jar

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Dareon posted:

My only real RP character (As in someone who routinely hangs out in Pocket D, I would probably do mild RP if someone walked up to another of my characters) is Enigmon, who is a hovering zombie with an orb for a head and communicates entirely by *[adjective] orb noises*. I have yet to work out an appropriate adjective for ordering a drink, though.

Thirsty. Obviously.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

*preintoxicated orb noises*

*unintoxicated orb noises*

*excessively hydrated orb noises*

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

this one

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Oh hell yeah

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

hup posted:

Oh hell yeah

I AM THE MOON posted:

i tried to make powdered milk man on the rp server and couldnt.

i made this guy though, Super Rad the Rad/Rad Tanker

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

I'm sorry I asked where the Pocket D ski slope is

It's not very fun

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I can’t remember if there was anything exclusive from that or if it’s even an issue now 🤔

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
It's only marginally fun if you have speed and jump boosts to get a proper zoom going, and even then only the advanced course really has anything going on.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

It's weird when you go into totally empty zones and they are HUGE

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

here comes the spunk posted:

It's weird when you go into totally empty zones and they are HUGE

Terra Volta! I kind of wanna run the trial for old time’s sake

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

hup posted:

I can’t remember if there was anything exclusive from that or if it’s even an issue now 🤔
There are badges for getting the gold, silver, and bronze times on each slope. Note that you can't earn more than one at a time, you have to race six times to get them all. It was fun for the first day or two the Ski Lodge was live.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I remember being somewhat invested at the time because my favorite character at the time was my ice/ice dom, who I wanna remake

I retooled my old claws/sr (first character!) as claws/wp but haven’t really played much; can’t decide if it’s a winning combo, though I assume anything works with willpower

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I just thought of making a villain named the Dad Joker and the name is already taken and I'm so mad I didn't think of it sooner.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i dont know whats going on in atlas park right now, but its scaring me

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

site posted:

i dont know whats going on in atlas park right now, but its scaring me

What is going on in AP? Rikti? Zombies? ...Costume contest?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Pics plz

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
a whole bunch of people were underneath atlas statue listening to a drum beat and looking at some people in the middle doing...i dont know what, i watched for a bit but none of the did anything. somebody said there was free food

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

site posted:

a whole bunch of people were underneath atlas statue listening to a drum beat and looking at some people in the middle doing...i dont know what, i watched for a bit but none of the did anything. somebody said there was free food

oh, that's just atlas park

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

FrostyPox posted:

I just thought of making a villain named the Dad Joker and the name is already taken and I'm so mad I didn't think of it sooner.

On Indomitable? Hmmm...

OK, looks like I'm not really doing anything with that name. What's your global? I'll free it up next time I see you in channel.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

On Indomitable? Hmmm...

OK, looks like I'm not really doing anything with that name. What's your global? I'll free it up next time I see you in channel.

Wait a second, I thought Homecoming set it up so that names are potentially stealable after a certain number of days based on level. A level 2 would be free after 30 days IIRC. What gives?

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
was talked about but not actually implemented yet, iirc

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

On Indomitable? Hmmm...

My Global is @FrostyPox

Thanks a ton! It'll be my next 50 for sure

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms

On Indomitable? Hmmm...

Wow, after talking with Frosty as his initial disappointment set in that the name was taken AND potentially being misused by someone, this does put a smile on my face. Miracles do happen!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Finally got high enough on my /pain mastermind to unlock World of Pain. Well, now we've arrived. AOE buildup plus damage resist? Yes please.

The only problem is that I gave it a test run on a task force with two kineticists and I have no idea how far I have to go to actually make it perma.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Glazius posted:

Finally got high enough on my /pain mastermind to unlock World of Pain. Well, now we've arrived. AOE buildup plus damage resist? Yes please.

The only problem is that I gave it a test run on a task force with two kineticists and I have no idea how far I have to go to actually make it perma.

Don't be this guy.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

OgNar posted:

Don't be this guy.

Gonna be honest, don't hate that guy. I mean, he's not necessary because there's basically no part of the game that isn't a cakewalk with an 8-man party these days, but his heart's in the right place.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I just remember a troll someone did in a different game where they named their character something like Mister Descriptive and bound every single key to also play a text line saying what they were doing.

"Now I am moving forward!"
"Now I am moving left!"
"Now I am firing my gun!"
"Now I am reloading!"
"Now I am crouching!"

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Dareon posted:

I just remember a troll someone did in a different game where they named their character something like Mister Descriptive and bound every single key to also play a text line saying what they were doing.

"Now I am moving left!"
"Now I am firing my gun!"
"Now I am reloading!"
"Now I am crouching!"

if its not Mister Descriptor they hosed up tbh.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Also I just hit 26 on Animal CTRL, got my dire wolf. I am so short that, aided by Beast Run, I can run underneath the dire wolf without clipping through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
i hate that guy because he uses almost the exact same gimmick as one of my alts that i've been playing on and off for weeks, but more boring, and he...jesus he went from 1-50 in four days. guess that's what chain running the mothership raid will do for you. personally when I ran one it just made me want to kill myself when it was all over.