Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

if you have a destination wedding, you’re saying that the location you say your vows is more important to you than the people witnessing the ceremony/attending the reception. which I guess is fine, but it seems weird to me, especially since the expense of a destination wedding could almost always fund a local party and also an awesome honeymoon. the party to celebrate your marriage is something that you presumably would want your closest friends and family at, regardless of their net worth, and then you go to an amazing place with your new spouse, after having celebrated with the people you love most. it’s odd that what you want most is a party in this one specific place, and who makes it doesn’t really matter to you

I had understood that for the bride and groom, destination weddings were often cheaper than regular weddings, since the cost of travel and so on is offset by the fact that they are much smaller and held at an all inclusive (where guests are effectively paying for their own booze).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My (32F) boyfriend (35M) got in an accident in my car, didn't tell me, and now refuses to do anything about it.

quote:

Throwaway because this poo poo is embarrassing af.

I have been with my (32F) boyfriend (35M) for a little over three years.

Every once in a while I will let him drive my car when his is low on gas or if he has the good parking spot and doesn't want to move etc etc. A couple weeks ago I get a call from my insurance company letting me know they need a statement about the accident.

Um. What?

After a solid 45 minutes of adamantley proclaiming this lady was full of poo poo and that there was no accident the insurance rep said, "Well we have a report that (boyfriends name) was in an accident in bla bla parking lot on this date claiming he was driving his girlfriend's car". Oh.

I call my boyfriend, he denies up and down that there was no accident. I explain the call I received and he replies with, "ooooooh yeah I forgot about that". Apparently he had been dodging calls for over a month and did not tell me any of this was going on. There was no damage to my car, so there was no reason for me to think anything had happened. So, yesterday I was trying to work out with the insurance company details, get him to make a statement, and its impossible. He stopped responding to my texts about the situation so I call him. He clears it. I call him again. He clears it. He texts me, "I am with my parents." Okay, but this is a serious situation and I need to speak with you about it can you please answer? "I don't want to fight with you in front of my parents." This isn't a fight, I need details about the accident from you! He won't take my call. So, I send him kind of a lovely text something along the lines of, "You can't even show me the respect to take my call about something serious? This isn't even a real relationship to you." Silence.

Finally after about 2 hours of radio silence (and me very very upset) I call again. He says ...

"I don't have the energy to do this with you right now. I'm painting. I don't want to talk."

I say ...

"What about my feelings? What about me?"

He says ...

*scoff* "what ABOUT you?" and hangs up. I haven't heard from him since. I know he is waiting for me to break down and contact, as that has historically been the case.

I need some help drafting my response to this situation. I am frozen in shock and pain and am at a loss on what the next step is.

*UPDATE* it is 12:15pm my time, and still not a word from this fool. He gives no fucks. I am done.

*SECOND UPDATE* So. He contacted. The text I just got was "we have the kind of love that was forged in adventure, and sealed in the bedroom" What!!? No mention of the accident or the fight? HOW DO I EVEN RESPOND TO THIS?

UPDATE: (35M) CrashBandiChild claims I was merely setting a fire for attention.

quote:

You guys? I can't.

First of all, I want to say a huge THANK YOU for the responses I received on my last post. It is below for your reference in case you missed the comedic shitshow that is this recent life experience.

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/cgw77v/my_32f_boyfriend_35m_got_in_an_accident_in_my_car/

I was straight up blown away by the support, suggestion, and compassion I was shown by total strangers. Some of y'all had me DYING laughing in one of the shittiest times of my adult life. A VERY kind gentleman from Scotland even offered to pay for my daughter to and I to go out to a nice meal together because he noticed in the thread that I mentioned I was a single mom. Reddit rules.

So. I know most of you said ghost him, but I just couldn't. While undoubtedly that is what he deserved, I needed to hear from his perspective why he thought any of this was okay before I could close the door. And honestly, I am glad I did because it solidified for me that this relationship was an excellent learning experience, that I had done my learning, and it was time to move the gently caress on.

His avoidance of the situation was explained by his thinking it wasn't that big of a deal. He said that he didn't understand why this lady was making such a big fuss about her bumper, and that I was unreasonably upset about it and he didn't want to talk about it until I had "calmed down". Oh. Hell. No. I kept it together until I got his side of the story. According to him, they were both backing out of their parking spots and smacked into each other. He was all the way out of his spot, she was halfway out of hers when BANG. I literally DIALED THE PHONE AND SAT WITH HIM while he called the insurance rep and gave his statement. He was found at fault due to his being all the way out of the spot. I am not 100% sure what this means for me, my policy, or my pocket yet.

As far as the relationship - done. When he came over to talk I had all his things packed up. I tried to explain how hurt and disappointed I was about his actions, and told that I could no longer trust him because of how terribly he handled this situation. He said, I poo poo you not, "Oh, please. You just set a fire and expected me to come to your rescue and put it out and when I didn't you threw a fit. I'm sorry. I just didn't have the energy to put out your fire." THIS IS YOUR GOD drat FIRE SET BY YOUR lovely ACTIONS AND FUELED BY YOUR AVOIDANCE. I burst into tears, handed him his bag, and said I needed him to leave. Now. I told him anything of mine left at his place he can throw away, or leave there until his next victim or mother comes and cleans it for him.

Speaking of his mother, I did listen to you and craft a very detailed email to her with him CC'd. I explained what happened, and then asked her for his Driver's License number and policy name and ID number just in case its needed. Her response was, "I am very sorry that you are having to deal with all this, but I don't see how this is our problem if it was your car". I feel like this whole family are a bunch of lizard people sent to Earth to make me question my reality.

Anyway. Single at 32 again. Woot. I am sad as gently caress, but trying to focus on the plus side as someone said "cutting a bunch of deadass weight". Thanks again for all the love and laughs.

Oh - and yes - once it is determined how much this is going to affect my rates and my pocket, I will be taking his cartoon quoting rear end to small claims court. I have already spoken to my attorney about it.

Much Love,

Pixie

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I swear we had the girl's perspective on the boyfriend destroying the BJJ belt before, months if not years ago. I can't find it.

Found it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&pagenumber=4886&perpage=40#post496191984
I (20f) just got my blackbelt in BJJ. My BF (24m) of 6 months took it had it stitched with pink Japanese characters that he doesn't even know what they mean. He wont apologize as he was "thinking of me."

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

quote:

*SECOND UPDATE* So. He contacted. The text I just got was "we have the kind of love that was forged in adventure, and sealed in the bedroom" What!!? No mention of the accident or the fight? HOW DO I EVEN RESPOND TO THIS?
Lol, that's pretty loving good.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

PancakeTransmission posted:

Found it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&pagenumber=4886&perpage=40#post496191984
I (20f) just got my blackbelt in BJJ. My BF (24m) of 6 months took it had it stitched with pink Japanese characters that he doesn't even know what they mean. He wont apologize as he was "thinking of me."

holy poo poo, I searched reddit with like twenty different search terms. You're a hero.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

Smirking_Serpent posted:

holy poo poo, I searched reddit with like twenty different search terms. You're a hero.
Trust me, so did I. It was actually easier to find it in this thread with just the term "belt". I think because the OP deleted their post, the search didn't pick it up (and I didn't try BJJ, just Jiu Jitsu).

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

if you have a destination wedding, you’re saying that the location you say your vows is more important to you than the people witnessing the ceremony/attending the reception. which I guess is fine, but it seems weird to me, especially since the expense of a destination wedding could almost always fund a local party and also an awesome honeymoon. the party to celebrate your marriage is something that you presumably would want your closest friends and family at, regardless of their net worth, and then you go to an amazing place with your new spouse, after having celebrated with the people you love most. it’s odd that what you want most is a party in this one specific place, and who makes it doesn’t really matter to you

You could offer to pay for close friends and family to come, if needed. I imagine it's about getting married in a cool place while discouraging everyone from attending except the closest friends and family

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
"kind of love that was forged in adventure, and sealed in the bedroom"

I'm sure some variation of this could fit in the title because just lmfao

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

DemoneeHo posted:

My (32F) boyfriend (35M) got in an accident in my car, didn't tell me, and now refuses to do anything about it.

This guy thinks he's hot poo poo in a champagne glass when he's actually cold diarrhea in a dixie cup, what a pretentious narcissistic rear end in a top hat

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Xik posted:

"kind of love that was forged in adventure, and sealed in the bedroom"

I'm sure some variation of this could fit in the title because just lmfao

/r/relationships: forged in adventure, sealed in the bedroom, crashed in the parking lot

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for refusing to use a “trading” system in my own home?

I’m [17] living with my [23] brother and my [45] mother in a three bedroom home. Every single aspect of our house is overseen by my brother. He’s extremely cheap with his money and requires us to use a system he created where we trade him monopoly money for goods in the house. This includes, paper plates, paper towels, toilet paper, toothpaste, snacks, drinks and anything else that normally would be in cabinets in a house he stores in his closet.

My brother works and contributes to about 5% of the groceries in the house, my mom supporting us with the other 95% from her retirement fund from the Navy. He justifies him buying a couple items means he gets to control all the goods in the house. We’ve been doing this system for about 4 months now and I’m on wits end. I feel absolutely demeaned when I need to keep track and use Monopoly money when I need some dental floss or toilet paper, I use a lot because I get frequent nose bleeds, so I often run out of money and need to use old rags from my garage.

We’re by no means poor, my mom is just frugal, nowhere to the extent of my brother, but she buys anything we need and we have everything we need but my brother holds it behind his closet and guards it like a security guard, it’s ridiculous. So earlier today I ran out of toothpaste so I went to my brother with a torn Monopoly money, (we’ve had this same game for 5 years so the money is worn as well) and he said it’s unusable because of its condition. I told him he’s being a complete rear end in a top hat and he has a god complex for caring so much about a made up currency.

My mom has this kind of keep the peace viewpoint with us so she goes along with the system and sneaks me snacks and things that she needs to buy secretly, because my brother waits for our mom to get back from the store by the front door and helps her bring them all up to his room. She’s upset that we’re fighting and has kindly asked if this is something worth arguing for, after that I’ve been thinking about it a lot and need advice, so Reddit...

Am I the rear end in a top hat here?

As soon as the TP ran out, I would poo poo on the brothers bed and wipe my rear end with his clothes; everything would change very quickly one way or another.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MisterOblivious posted:

Even before HIPPA it was wildly unethical for a therapist to even acknowledge somebody was a patient. HIPPA gives it teeth.
Dealing with her friends leaking info to her mother is the real problem here 'cause her mother will never get to tell the therapist anything, no matter how hard she tries.

No, Pennsyltucky, that is not correct. It's ugly and perpetuates the stereotype that your education sucked because your teachers let you get away with that poo poo rather than reprimanding you. If you want to drop the "to be" in "the car needs to be washed," because "it is redundant," you say "the car needs washing." This is really, really basic stuff you should have been taught.

Language is constantly evolving, and if you say it the wrong way long enough, it becomes literally, the right way to say it. :101:

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

DemoneeHo posted:

quote:

Speaking of his mother, I did listen to you and craft a very detailed email to her with him CC'd. I explained what happened, and then asked her for his Driver's License number and policy name and ID number just in case its needed. Her response was, "I am very sorry that you are having to deal with all this, but I don't see how this is our problem if it was your car".
Well at least we know where he learned this attitude

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

Language is constantly evolving, and if you say it the wrong way long enough, it becomes literally, the right way to say it. :101:

quoting this in the hope that it becomes a valid smiley in a few years

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

QuarkJets posted:

You could offer to pay for close friends and family to come, if needed. I imagine it's about getting married in a cool place while discouraging everyone from attending except the closest friends and family

I think this question is hugely variable depending on you, your friends, and your families' income. But most of the people who make it work are all rich so :guillotine:

Edit: that's not an emote? :thunk: but it's extremely class dependant that you can just assume the closest are able to come because they're closest. No amount of closeness will make your poor family able to afford a wedding in the Bahamas or even a few states away.

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 26, 2019

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

AITA For comparing my wife to a cow?

Me and my wife were at a party and we had a couples rapid fire round where they asked us all sorts of weird questions. One of them being about the animal your SO resembles the most.

I honestly did not have a lot of time to think and I said that I believe my wife is similar to a cow. Since she is really patient, eats slowly and is a gentle human being who looks after others and spreads happiness like a cow spreads its milk.

It was honestly a really weird answer(did not think it through) but my wife is upset and thinks I am an rear end in a top hat while I genuinely do not know if I did anything wrong

:iiam:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

MF_James posted:

As soon as the TP ran out, I would poo poo on the brothers bed and wipe my rear end with his clothes; everything would change very quickly one way or another.

Brother is a control freak and I don't understand why anyone in that house is letting him get away with it.

bell jar posted:

quoting this in the hope that it becomes a valid smiley in a few years

:eng101:
:eng99:
:pseudo:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
"spreads happiness like a cow spreads its milk."

What kinda cows you been looking at????

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PancakeTransmission posted:

Well at least we know where he learned this attitude

Just gonna reply to this email with the subject line "your crimes"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Girlfriend [26F] Broke Up With Me [28M] and is Furious I Went No Contact Without Telling Her.

Hey relationships:

I've been sitting on this for a while, but I need some solid advice.

I was seeing my partner for over a year and a half at the time of the breakup. It was incredibly sudden, and what followed was a rollercoaster of emotions and a week where I was being strung along while my ex wouldn't talk to me. She was convinced I had cheated while I hadn't.

Eventually, a sit-down conversation was had. It did not go well. I don't want to go into too much detail, but it was very berating and there was an audience of friends alongside her. When it was clear we weren't seeing eye to eye, she told me to "get the f*$& out". She went to cry with her friends, and I left her apartment key on the table.

I immediately stopped communication at this point, despite her sending me a text asking if I got home safe, and a follow-up text the next morning stating that "In case it wasn't clear, we're done." That is when I blocked and deleted.

The next few days I received messages from all members of her family asking me to talk to her and reconcile. Apparently she had gone home to her family and was stricken with grief. Her family messaged me saying that this "misunderstanding can be fixed" and to talk to her. It eventually accumulated into her changing her number to contact me again, telling me she still loves me and doesn't want to break up, but that I should let her know if "I want to make the breakup permanent."

A week later, I received an angry message saying that my family is manipulating me for convincing me to not talk to her, and that she never agreed to No Contact. Therefore I was ghosting her. She then tried to hack my social media (I noticed when my login IPs registered at her apartment).

A final call to her parents ended this.

Now, almost a year out, I still have trouble dealing with whether or not I should feel guilty. I guess it ultimately comes down to the No Contact rule and whether I should've stated "I'm not talking to you."

​Tl;dr: Ex breaks up with me after bringing her friends to the public execution, gets mad when I won't reply afterwards, and has her family attempt to establish contact before harassing me over text for going no contact without "authorization." Should I feel guilty for not contacting?

​Edit: Since a few commenters are mentioning that she reached out to apologize, I should make it clear that never once did she actually apologize. She simply said she didn't want to break up, but not once rescinded her accusations or said that she was sorry for what she said and did. And yes, some things she said during the breakup were incredibly harsh.

​Edit 2: Since there's a lot of conversation going around about me feeling "guilty", let me better explain. What I want to ask is whether or not I did the right thing, and whether or not I should've sat down after the fact and told her that No Contact will occur. I should also add that after the harassment she sent me, I don't feel guilty for No Contact, as her messages clearly showed me that I wouldn't have wanted to talk to her again anyway.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Girlfriend [26F] Broke Up With Me [28M] and is Furious I Went No Contact Without Telling Her.

Hey relationships:

I've been sitting on this for a while, but I need some solid advice.

I was seeing my partner for over a year and a half at the time of the breakup. It was incredibly sudden, and what followed was a rollercoaster of emotions and a week where I was being strung along while my ex wouldn't talk to me. She was convinced I had cheated while I hadn't.

Eventually, a sit-down conversation was had. It did not go well. I don't want to go into too much detail, but it was very berating and there was an audience of friends alongside her. When it was clear we weren't seeing eye to eye, she told me to "get the f*$& out". She went to cry with her friends, and I left her apartment key on the table.

I immediately stopped communication at this point, despite her sending me a text asking if I got home safe, and a follow-up text the next morning stating that "In case it wasn't clear, we're done." That is when I blocked and deleted.

The next few days I received messages from all members of her family asking me to talk to her and reconcile. Apparently she had gone home to her family and was stricken with grief. Her family messaged me saying that this "misunderstanding can be fixed" and to talk to her. It eventually accumulated into her changing her number to contact me again, telling me she still loves me and doesn't want to break up, but that I should let her know if "I want to make the breakup permanent."

A week later, I received an angry message saying that my family is manipulating me for convincing me to not talk to her, and that she never agreed to No Contact. Therefore I was ghosting her. She then tried to hack my social media (I noticed when my login IPs registered at her apartment).

A final call to her parents ended this.

Now, almost a year out, I still have trouble dealing with whether or not I should feel guilty. I guess it ultimately comes down to the No Contact rule and whether I should've stated "I'm not talking to you."

​Tl;dr: Ex breaks up with me after bringing her friends to the public execution, gets mad when I won't reply afterwards, and has her family attempt to establish contact before harassing me over text for going no contact without "authorization." Should I feel guilty for not contacting?

​Edit: Since a few commenters are mentioning that she reached out to apologize, I should make it clear that never once did she actually apologize. She simply said she didn't want to break up, but not once rescinded her accusations or said that she was sorry for what she said and did. And yes, some things she said during the breakup were incredibly harsh.

​Edit 2: Since there's a lot of conversation going around about me feeling "guilty", let me better explain. What I want to ask is whether or not I did the right thing, and whether or not I should've sat down after the fact and told her that No Contact will occur. I should also add that after the harassment she sent me, I don't feel guilty for No Contact, as her messages clearly showed me that I wouldn't have wanted to talk to her again anyway.
ALL HAIL PETE

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (F21) starting seeing a guy (M25) for a couple of weeks and I do not enjoy the sex even with opening up about what I like. How do I talk to him more about it without upsetting him? Am I shallow for not wanting to see him again cause it’s bad sex?

So we’ve caught up and hanged out about three Rome’s now. Each time it leads to sex. First time I thought it was just nerves but I’m always left unfinished. We’ve talked about what we both like and I cater to him but it seems like he doesn’t do the same for me.

It feels like there’s no effort involved, he started to use energy but it drops straight away and just lies completely on top of me. Exactly like that scene of Will from the inbetweeners. Every time we have sex i have to ask him to finish me off or insinuate it, and there’s still no effort. It’s like he’s asleep while doing it. One time he even said “wow that’s a lot of work” afterwards.

He’s not blessed downstairs either, and I don’t believe that’s an issue if you know what you’re doing. I’ve tried telling him how I like things but it’s like he doesn’t even want it? Even when we hyped sex up all day over messages.

I don’t want to be shallow but sex is important to me and I really like this guy and I want to see how we go but it’s been bugging me. I don’t want him to feel bad if I bring it up.

TL;DR: I (F21) like guy M(25). Guy very bad at sex. Tried telling what I like and working around stuff, doesn’t get better. Am I shallow about thinking this could be a reason to not see him again? How do I talk about it without coming across like a bitch?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

and has hours of downtime (how does that even work?)

Actual ceremony is at place A, reception to follow at place B three hours later to give the photographer time to take pictures of all possible combinations of the wedding party and guests time to make the 45 minute trip between the venues.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

Ex sent me all—AND I MEAN ALL—their savings through PayPal. His family wants it back. Do they have a case?

quote:

Hey gang,

Out of hilarious desperation, my ex sent me $XX,XXX through a donation site tied to my business PayPal account. Now his goons of a family are asking me to send all the money back.

To give context, this man has cheated on me and disregarded our relationship entirely by going all the way to China, got his taste of bootleg pussy, and came back to America with the intents of getting back with me.

Before he went to China, I cut all ties with him, but was still in contact with his family (stupid, I know). A few days before July 4th, the day he came back to America, he sends me all the money he’s earned working at his job he’s kept for almost 2 years.

This caused my PayPal account to freeze. Because it was sent through a donation site, I had no option to accept or refuse the payment at the time. I contacted Paypal regarding this issue and was told to wait for the transaction to be completed (it pended for a week). After it was completed, I ensured with PayPal that this money is secured and that my account is no longer limited. Since then, the money has been transferred to my bank.

Throughout this dumbass ordeal, I considered my ex’ brother to be my friend and told him I’ll do my best to allocate some money to him only. But he thinks that I’m sending all the money back and he tells his brother that. Now my ex bugs him asking when I’ll be sending “”his money”” back. (I realized if my ex really wanted it back, why didn’t he claim for a dispute?)

I recently had a call with the brother about this and asked me again when will he receive the money because apparently, my ex “doesn’t feel secure enough to quit his job with only $XX in his bank account.”

I have absolutely no plans of sending any back as I do not want to help the man who emotionally abused me. His brother tells me that I’m “making this harder than it should” and asking me if I really want to “screw over [his] brother’s life.” Their mother now wants to call me, but I have not responded to her at all.

I understand that I don’t owe them poo poo, but is there even a possibility that they have a case?

(Thank you!)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Geoj posted:

Actual ceremony is at place A, reception to follow at place B three hours later to give the photographer time to take pictures of all possible combinations of the wedding party and guests time to make the 45 minute trip between the venues.

The wedding party usually pregames before the reception away from the guests, this op has not been to a wedding. It’s normal poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chemtrail huffer posted:

Ex sent me all—AND I MEAN ALL—their savings through PayPal. His family wants it back. Do they have a case?

gently caress that keep it but yes they absolutely could get a lawyer and try and pursue some legal action so just be ready to get a lawyer for your self.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Turtlicious posted:

It's hardly any difference than being taught "i can has cheezburger" meme speak during English classes.

Sure, whatever, Pennsyltucky teachers that accepted their bullshit have a Pennsyltucky education. I know I'm being prescriptive but I'm never going to accept their bullshit and, frankly, the other 49 and 7/10ths states shouldn't either. They loving wallow in their simplified language like pigs in poo poo in their wrongness until it's warm and comfortable.

They have chosen their battle: to fight against the language the rest of the English speaking planet uses. It's a form of language that has has decided to cast off all descriptors or any unnecessary embellishments whatsoever, and make it so simple even a child with an elementary Pennsyltucky education could understand it.

It's hardly better than a Pidgin

Sorry, let me translate for that last bit for the Pennsyltucky dumbfucks,: "they chosed argue words."

Were you not taught what a loving past tense is? It means it happened in the loving past, not the future. Jesus Christ, this isn't difficult.

"The car needs washed" is mixing tenses, you idiot. Either the car needs washing in the future or the car is already washed. You can't mix the two in the same sentence and say "the car needs washed" like you assholes do. It's one or the loving other. Either the car needs washing, in the future, or the car has been washed in the past.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It’s not textbook English but nobody who’s a native speaker actually speaks textbook English

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
My wife and I just bark at each other and figure out what we want based on the tone we use.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The car needs red, cuz red wunz go fasta :orks101:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I had a tweaker in a giant diesel pickup sideswipe my car last year as I was driving a date to the movies.

I was like, "Oh well. Insurance will take care of it."

My date was like, "Oh no he loving didn't! Gun it!"

So we chased him down, gunning through several red lights (in a more suburban part of LA at 11 PM) until somehow I run down his massive diesel work truck with my dinky Elantra.

My date and I step out of the car and my date starts taking pics of the plate and parts of the car with my paint on it while shouting at them and I walk up and calmly say, "Hey, hope you're all right."

Anyway we didn't get a police report or anything and because the tweaker dodged his insurance agency's calls for months I got a de facto judgment and a full refund of my deductible. No dash cam, no police report, just his word against mine and I was the only one to speak with the adjusters. That guy is a loving idiot for dodging their calls.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The car needs red, cuz red wunz go fasta :orks101:

You forgot to gently caress up the tense:

To translate this statement: "The car need redded", cuz red wunz go fasta :orks101:"

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MisterOblivious posted:

It's hardly any difference than being taught "i can has cheezburger" meme speak during English classes.

Sure, whatever, Pennsyltucky teachers that accepted their bullshit have a Pennsyltucky education. I know I'm being prescriptive but I'm never going to accept their bullshit and, frankly, the other 49 and 7/10ths states shouldn't either. They loving wallow in their simplified language like pigs in poo poo in their wrongness until it's warm and comfortable.

They have chosen their battle: to fight against the language the rest of the English speaking planet uses. It's a form of language that has has decided to cast off all descriptors or any unnecessary embellishments whatsoever, and make it so simple even a child with an elementary Pennsyltucky education could understand it.

Sorry, let me translate for that last bit for the Pennsyltucky dumbfucks,: "they chosed argue words."

Were you not taught what a loving past tense is? It means it happened in the loving past, not the future. Jesus Christ, this isn't difficult.

"The car needs washed" is mixing tenses, you idiot. Either the car needs washing in the future or the car is already washed. You can't mix the two in the same sentence and say "the car needs washed" like you assholes do. It's one or the loving other. Either the car needs washing, in the future, or the car has been washed in the past.

You are very angry about things that don't matter.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

HMS Beagle posted:

I feel we've seen one exactly like this before but it's still funny.

AITA for taking my girlfriend’s new black belt in Brazilian JiuJitsu to get “I love you” in asian letters stitched on the end?

One of these AGAIN? Lol

Thinking of it, are there any posts like *she gets diploma at uni* and *dude signs diploma with black sharpie*

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

MisterOblivious posted:

This says a lot more about you and nothing about people who speak a regional dialect.

Also, your views on pidgins, creoles, vernacular languages - yeah get hosed (or get to be hosed) you pedantic little tightwad.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This might be the weirdest derail.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
the cum needs shat

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

teen witch posted:

This says a lot more about you and nothing about people who speak a regional dialect.

yes, but at least it says it in proper english

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

nankeen posted:

the cum needs shat

The cums must be shat, just as there are Attorneys General or Whoppers Junior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i was instantized angry