Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Addamere posted:

number go up uP UP

if you think of wealth as crystallized energy expenditure this analogy is weirdly apt (but OG Number is all speculative so maybe not)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Gunshow Poophole posted:

if you think of wealth as crystallized energy expenditure this analogy is weirdly apt (but OG Number is all speculative so maybe not)

this is, however, incorrect, as we could eventually run out of usable energy, whereas number can only ever continue to go up, even after the heat death of the universe

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Are these not the same thing as a microburst?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1154488281670668288?s=19

I decided to go for a hike today like a moron and nearly died, good times

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

twoday posted:

please dont die twoday i need to buy the tome of tumrp

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

work in the early childhood education field gets sadder and sadder each year because by the time my kids get high school aged in about a decade they are going to be living in a turbofucked hellhole

at least I have had a good run and have worked through a lot of my anger and depression about the state of things (from suicidal ideation to simply smdh over the course of my 20s) but these kids are having their chance at a life, even a lovely one, stolen from them

shits sad

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

apparently number go down in Midwest?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dew worm posted:

apparently number go down in Midwest?

76 rn in Minneapolis :coolfish:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

twoday posted:

Normal climate and world.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Over Easy posted:

work in the early childhood education field gets sadder and sadder each year because by the time my kids get high school aged in about a decade they are going to be living in a turbofucked hellhole

at least I have had a good run and have worked through a lot of my anger and depression about the state of things (from suicidal ideation to simply smdh over the course of my 20s) but these kids are having their chance at a life, even a lovely one, stolen from them

shits sad

You just have to stop thinking of climate change as the problem and realize it's actually the solution. It's 2019 my dude.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Addamere posted:

76 rn in Minneapolis :coolfish:

the arctic air mass is wandering south, soon the hot european air mass will migrate north to take its place and melt everything left up there

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

the bitcoin of weed posted:

the arctic air mass is wandering south, soon the hot european air mass will migrate north to take its place and melt everything left up there

A song of ice and fire except everything north of the wall is on fire and everything south of it is underwater

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
highs under 90 in north texas this week, definitely normal and unchanged climate

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
[HEATWAVE AGAIN, AGAIN?] Too bad Europe doesn't exist anymore, again

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

had a strained, alarmed laugh when i saw this

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

redleader posted:

lmao we're gonna die as hell

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
We can do better. How about an August page!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

twoday posted:

you need to pull that finger out of the dike and let the country get a nice salt water swim in, imo

twoday
May 4, 2005

Bulgakov posted:

you need to pull that finger out of the dike and let the country get a nice salt water swim in, imo

my apartment is 6 meters below sea level

twoday
May 4, 2005

please be cold and rainy again, I'm losing my God drat mind :pray:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It's just hot humid and cloudy here. Rain ffs

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Gripweed posted:

81 degrees in Houston right now. Absolutely lovely

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Loving the mild summer we're having in Minneapolis this year, compared to last year's rather hot summer. Global warming fake news?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Addamere posted:

Loving the mild summer we're having in Minneapolis this year, compared to last year's rather hot summer. Global warming fake news?

can't wait for this trump tweet when it hits the 70s in DC while sweden is on fire

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the bitcoin of weed posted:

can't wait for this trump tweet when it hits the 70s in DC while sweden is on fire

They should have released A$AP Rocky.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
love to comment about the weather

in conversations or even into the internet void

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

you've inspired me to post the content i posted in the SAL weather thread

it's from the tour de france, which happens in july as you might notice. they had to call off half a stage due to snow and hail and landslide

quotes are from the SAS tour de france thread

thats some weather content, right there

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guarantee the bougie white people getting their bicycle race canceled gets more media attention than millions of brown people losing their homes and lives.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please donate to my gofundme to raise money for the bougie white people who got their feelings hurt because their bicycle race got canceled

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The race isn't canceled, just the stage

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Over Easy posted:

shits sad

they'll have fun killing olds and eating their flesh.

Real hurthling! has issued a correction as of 22:56 on Jul 26, 2019

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

redleader posted:

The 2019 European ultra-heatwave and megadeath event? Look, you're going to have to be more specific than that.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
You can help expand this article.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

oystertoadfish posted:

you've inspired me to post the content i posted in the SAL weather thread

it's from the tour de france, which happens in july as you might notice. they had to call off half a stage due to snow and hail and landslide

quotes are from the SAS tour de france thread

thats some weather content, right there

snow and hail while the rest of the continent boils huh? very good and normal weather

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

redleader posted:

snow and hail while the rest of the continent boils huh? very good and normal weather

It's typical to have colder, stormy weather coming up on the tail of a heatwave. It's passing over France now and it's going to move eastward over the rest of Europe. And storms in the Alps gently caress poo poo up.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I think the cold weather most of Europe and North America is getting/just got is the remnants of the polar cell shattering and flying off, so that's cool and good and will probably end with the entire Arctic even more on fire than it already is

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Perry Mason Jar posted:

You can help expand this article.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Kassad posted:

It's typical to have colder, stormy weather coming up on the tail of a heatwave. It's passing over France now and it's going to move eastward over the rest of Europe. And storms in the Alps gently caress poo poo up.

ty. weather being weather, it's not surprising that this is expected - but it feels wrong

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Losing 10°C or 15°C in one day is pretty wild, that's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Crazycryodude posted:

I think the cold weather most of Europe and North America is getting/just got is the remnants of the polar cell shattering and flying off, so that's cool and good and will probably end with the entire Arctic even more on fire than it already is

Is.