Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

based boris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.globalresearch.ca/a-major-conventional-war-against-iran-is-an-impossibility-crisis-within-the-us-command-structure/5682514

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
so did Erdogan die of a heart attack or what

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I kinda hope* it's true so i don't loving lose my mind again reading the terrible thread of middle east despair this year.

*is a lie

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

gradenko_2000 posted:

inshallah

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Toplowtech posted:

I kinda hope* it's true so i don't loving lose my mind again reading the terrible thread of middle east despair this year.

*is a lie

It's definitely true, it's just a question of whether we're gonna throw the US military into the woodchipper anyway. Would be kinda neat to watch the MIC collapse completely but otoh a shitload of people would die.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Not really ME related but Ukraine seized a Russian Tanker to get in on the fun

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

gradenko_2000 posted:

No, there's a reason no one is reporting it and hasn't for the past weeks (also, he appeared in public today). These types of rumors are pretty much always horseshit.

Lambert has issued a correction as of 15:15 on Jul 25, 2019

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Nothus posted:

Lmao at egging on the UK into doing our dirty work and then leaving them hanging.

pretty sure the US did that to canada when they told our government to arrest a huawei vp and now two canadians in china who were being charged for various crimes are going to be executed

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Dreylad posted:

pretty sure the US did that to canada when they told our government to arrest a huawei vp and now two canadians in china who were being charged for various crimes are going to be executed

Yeah, we had your government arrest a Huawei vp because she was violating our sanctions on Iran.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/MazMHussain/status/1154576988222492672

Bioshock 4 looking good

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Are the saudi royals the dumbest people on earth, or is it just mbs

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

steinrokkan posted:

If you look at the history of European royalty, that type of system doesn't tend to favor the smartest people.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Royal families are rarely a collection of high minded and generous spirit. For more examples, see the UAE's royal family.
Edit:

https://twitter.com/LibyaLiberty/status/1154614533052391424
Best answer: "To avoid pregnancies"

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 10:58 on Jul 26, 2019

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lambert posted:

If you look at the history of European royalty, that type of system doesn't tend to favor the smartest people.

MBS reminds me of those especially disastrous monarchs who, unlike the vast majority of their family, weren't content to just sit back and enjoy being stupendously wealthy in private but instead chose to busy themselves showing everyone how great they were, making everything markedly worse in the process.

In the old days, they'd at least usually have the decency to get themselves killed in an ill-considered cavalry charge, but alas, MBS will likely not get that chance and will spend the next several decades pissing away his family's wealth.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unless you can gently caress the robot maids, isn't it cheaper to just kill the slave maid once they become pregnant and get a new one? Or is that only for Dubai?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Azathoth posted:

MBS reminds me of those especially disastrous monarchs who, unlike the vast majority of their family, weren't content to just sit back and enjoy being stupendously wealthy in private but instead chose to busy themselves showing everyone how great they were, making everything markedly worse in the process.

In the old days, they'd at least usually have the decency to get themselves killed in an ill-considered cavalry charge, but alas, MBS will likely not get that chance and will spend the next several decades pissing away his family's wealth.

I thought this is why the Saudi Air Force exists :confused:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Victory Position posted:

I thought this is why the Saudi Air Force exists :confused:

Yeah, but if it were like the good old days, it'd be MBS going up in his personal F-35 and getting shot down by a shoulder-mounted SAM because MBS decided to fly it low and slow while strafing some peasants.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

It's strongly understated just how much MBS is an idiot failson like DJT Jr.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Azathoth posted:

lol if you think Saudi Arabia will continue to exist longer than about ten more years

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azathoth posted:

There's always a remote chance that a Houthi scud could impale him in his fat gut.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ya gotta hand it to those consultants though, this is the best job in the world. The Saudis are paying you six figures to come up with the most idiotic and insane ideas in the world, each one more pudding brained than the last.

Imagine the guy who proposed the artificial moon idea, brimming with back sweat, the corners of his mouth twitching trying to stifle a laugh, eyes darting around the room. Then Mohammed Bin Salman says "good! I like very much!"

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Been awhile since I read something so Tom Clancyish.

Will lol extremely hard if the Qatar Army actually stormed CENTCOM though.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Visibly, the policy of strategic encirclement against Iran formulated in the wake of the Iraq war (2003) is no longer functional. Iran has friendly relations with neighbouring countries, which previously were within the US sphere of influence.

lmao

so the only place left to invade Iran from is also the worst vector to do it from, which is through the Persian Gulf.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah, we had your government arrest a Huawei vp because she was violating our sanctions on Iran.

based on the testimony of hsbc, who at the supposed time of this fraud, were laundering millions of dollars a day for el chapo

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lol of course McKinsey has its filthy hands in that cookie jar.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

*consultant going into a meeting with the saudis bringing his buddy along* hey so you're gonna hear some talk about an artificial moon. DO NOT bring up the fact there's already a moon and it's out pretty much every night. it's just a thing we got going, cool?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

lmao

so the only place left to invade Iran from is also the worst vector to do it from, which is through the Persian Gulf.

it owns

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mobile.twitter.com/MeowianneWill/status/1051253720154030080

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://youtu.be/qM1PMMueaH4
'Turkey to turn elsewhere, if cut from F 35 program'

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

the stars aligned so that trump and mbs came to power at the same time and then proceeded to undo decades worth of us efforts to keep the middle east in line in a couple of years

hail satan

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://youtu.be/qM1PMMueaH4
'Turkey to turn elsewhere, if cut from F 35 program'

yeah russia lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's incredible that we're threatening sanctions against the most strategically important member of NATO because they want to buy Russian SAMs.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's incredible that we're threatening sanctions against the most strategically important member of NATO because they want to buy Russian SAMs.

trump has been kompromated (famous word) by russia and this is all a strategy to get them more buyers. im smart

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

MBS thinks he's the Saudi Kanye

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

trump and Putin fuckin like rabbits; send nyt column

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

MBS thinks he's the Saudi Kanye

PROJECT LEADER
TIMELINE AT ONCE

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1154778365460545538

Reminder MKO was the group of revolutionary marxist students in the iranian revolution who got screwed by the Ayatollahs and then dove headfirst into the Trostkyist -> Neocon pipeline with a brief detour into becoming a sex cult and deifying their dead founder and his wife

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

they’re still a sex cult that deifies Maryam.

they also killed Americans during the Revolution, and were the faction that wanted to just kill all the embassy hostages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

okay but the lion holding a sword is loving rad