Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Goblin and Orc weapons really need to be better, a good jagged pike is all I've ever looked for. Sure the Orc ones can be okay if you have a fatigue monster but it feels so blah compared to good rolls on literally anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The chains are good fun, at least. Gave one to a wildman with headhunter. Not ideal in the slightest, but very fun watching him cave in heads.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

TheBeardyCleaver posted:

You want to be surrounded, and then cleave through them like the chaff that they are :black101:

Seriously though, the way to do this is to get a high resolve, I'd say above 70. Took fortified mind for this, and I haven't regretted it. If you get wavering you're in trouble. Also, kill the guys with maces and clubs first. They steal fatigue and have at least a 5% chance of stunning you. I'd also recommend buying training as often as possible, as when you get underdog and berserk, you'll be going through 10-12 bandits with few issues. Maybe avoid marksmen until you get battleforged :v:

I on the other hand save scummed my way up to lvl 12 just leveling murder skills, just thugs, with student and training lessons go a long way towards leveling, I got to lvl 6 or so very rapidly and by then you have enough tricks up your sleeve to make things hard for chaff to affect you.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

I think the game is telling me to diversify my weapons a bit instead of just having almost everyone on swords and spears.
Took 17 turns and one of my archers used up all of his 30 arrows.

Also:

Using the whole brigand.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
i had the noble war crisis and ive noticed towns are still changing hands afterwards. does that slow down or stop?

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Molybdenum posted:

i had the noble war crisis and ive noticed towns are still changing hands afterwards. does that slow down or stop?
That should not happen at all. Did you get both of the "war is over" events (nobles negotiating and celebration)?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wizard Styles posted:

I think the game is telling me to diversify my weapons a bit instead of just having almost everyone on swords and spears.
Took 17 turns and one of my archers used up all of his 30 arrows.

Honestly, I think swords feel a little blah after the first few weeks, after which I have almost everyone with axes or blunt weapons. Anyone else get this feeling?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Wizard Styles posted:

That should not happen at all. Did you get both of the "war is over" events (nobles negotiating and celebration)?

yeah pretty sure. i had a prompt asking if i wanted to retire my band or continue playing and my end the noble war ambition ended.

i still was offered (and took) a "destroy a caravan and make it look like bandits quest"

edit: upon reflection that mission may not be tied directly in to the noble war crisis.

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jul 26, 2019

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

CommissarMega posted:

Honestly, I think swords feel a little blah after the first few weeks, after which I have almost everyone with axes or blunt weapons. Anyone else get this feeling?

Most of my ranged dudes end up in 55-70 MAtk range and I give them all bags, so I give all of them a noble sword generally (I find 14+10+10 arrows to be more than enough). If they stay really low, like ~55, I'll give them a boar spear or a military spear if I feel like buying one. But yeah, for the most part its maces/axes/hammers once capable, and everyone hopefully ends up good enough in stats to be 2h. Flails also shine early to help get you some extra free armor. Swords/spears are nice in they are consistent in damage, but their lack of both through-armor and to-armor damage is why they fall off comparatively. Still excellent vs light targets, especially high dodge like geists/nightmares. Bottom line is the big thing with swords/spears is the hit% bonus, so anyone who isn't up to par can still get some extra help that way. I'll sometimes pilfer all my archers swords for alp fights or a new recruit at low level, whatever.

I also keep a couple greatswords still, having both AoE attack options (esp. on a named sword) is still worth a whole lot on a good bro.

Here's my current party, with one of my archers highlighted. No real reason he's got a buckler vs a better shield there, usually have poison or something in that slot anyway.

Frankly though a lot of my weapon choices boil down to what named weapons I get. I have 3 axe dudes and 2 sword dudes there because I have good named for all of those, only 1 2h hammer and 1 1h hammer for the same reason. I don't pick weapon mastery till 11 so I have time to figure out what weapons I want them carrying long term.

Molybdenum posted:

yeah pretty sure. i had a prompt asking if i wanted to retire my band or continue playing and my end the noble war ambition ended.

i still was offered (and took) a "destroy a caravan and make it look like bandits quest"

edit: upon reflection that mission may not be tied directly in to the noble war crisis.

Yeah that's not connected, just a noble being a dick. I'd be surprised if towns were still changing hands, haven't seen that, but there might have been a siege thing going while it ended. I had the orc crisis end and the big orc siege parties were still sitting around the fortress I was on my way to help a couple days later.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 26, 2019

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
that could be. I took a really hard look at the map after the end because I really pushed for the noble house i supported to crush out this rinky dink 5 town having noble house. at the end of the war, my chosen house had swapped a pair of towns with the 3rd house and the 5 town house had retained all 5. a few days later, one of them flipped to my chosen house.

triple flail question: can it trigger 3 ripostes if all 3 miss? can it trigger riposte of 1 of 3 miss? does it do 3 overwhelm triggers? if i have headhunter on my flail guy, first hit is on body, does the headhunter perk effect the calculation on the 2nd hit?

edit: is this any good? I had a really killer looking orc cleaver but the fatigue costs were astronomical.

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 26, 2019

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
I’d probably hang onto it, it got a decent damage roll but not much else. Any enemies with light head armor it’s a very respectable choice but not the best for general use.

EDIT: thinking about it more, a regular greatsword is basically superior to that in every way so I’d sell it at a town with a >20% sell price, hang onto it till then.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 26, 2019

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

CommissarMega posted:

Arming swords are essentially a tier 2.5 weapon; I use them until I start fighting Orc Warriors and Ancient Dead in numbers.
Usually works out but in this case the game decided to drop all these Fallen Heroes on me. I got four tier 3 weapons out of it, though, so at least the game also gave me something to replace the arming swords with.

Also, from a while ago, but:

eXXon posted:

What the hell is with wolf riders? If I face them in a battle when they're outnumbered, they just run around in circles refusing to attack or retreat. This is boring as poo poo.
I think the AI's flanking behavior is just bad overall. Orc Berserkers also often just get shot as they try to circle around your melee bros. Both Wolf Riders and Berserkers are coded to prioritize flanking.

I'm currently testing a few extra Brigand units for a mod I'm working on, and two of them were supposed to favor flanking maneuvers (one of them because it has Lone Wolf). I'll probably have to give up on that because they just fail to do anything most of the time.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
So I got back into the game and bought the Warriors of the North DLC to get the alternate starts for the company. Traders feels kinda nice so far.

I'm unsure about Beasts and Exploration - I see a lot of complaining about some of the monsters it adds. Is the crafting system and whatever other features there might be worth the hassle?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

The only really annoying monsters are the Alps, because the optimal way to fight them involves stripping all your guys naked which is just a load of extra clicking, and their loot sucks. All the rest are pretty manageable and some of the crafted stuff is pretty cool.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Unholds and Schrats are also annoying because of Crippling Strikes, although they're not actively anti-fun the way Alps are. Only Hexen and Webknechts are interesting to fight.
The new weapons B&E introduced are overbalanced and you won't miss any of them if you don't have the DLC. Some of the new armors and helmets are decent and give Nimble bros viable options.
The crafting system isn't good but some of the items you can craft are worth having. A lot aren't.

If you think you'll only play one more campaign I'd consider B&E a waste of money.
If you're getting back in for multiple campaigns I'd get it because while Alps are terrible the DLC overall isn't, it's just very mediocre.

Do you get the larger map if you only buy Warriors of the North?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Wizard Styles posted:

Using the whole brigand.

Battle Brothers: Waste no part of the Brigand

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Psykmoe posted:

So I got back into the game and bought the Warriors of the North DLC to get the alternate starts for the company. Traders feels kinda nice so far.

I'm unsure about Beasts and Exploration - I see a lot of complaining about some of the monsters it adds. Is the crafting system and whatever other features there might be worth the hassle?

I'd say get it, the monsters can be tedious but for the most part they are all unique to fight and can break up the monotony of constant raider fights. Also the crafting stuff is decent and some of the legendary locations require B+E. Alps can be very dumb but you can just retreat from the esc menu as soon as it starts and they don't do anything. This is actually the case for most of the monsters besides direwolves and spiders.

There's a few strats I use to fight each kind of monster, I dont remember which specifically are B+E so I'll list all:

Unholds - Treat them like big strong humans. Just focus each one down so you reduce the numbers you're fighting. As you add more unholds, or frost unholds, make sure your guys are strong themselves. Lots of melee defense to avoid the injuries. Indom cancels the throws.

Schrats - A good axe attack will break their shield thing in one hit, so just get everyone into position but spacebar till the axe guy can break their shield, then murder them. Their little ground attack thing is still affected by MDef so same thing, have strong guys, and mostly avoid ranged if you can because the schrats tend to attack them as a priority, meaning they're likely to take a lot of damage and will force the schrat attack through several other dudes. They spawn little saplings when taking real damage but can only do so in open spaces around them, so surround the schrats as best as possible. The schrat attack is a line so you want to fully surround them anyway.

Lindwurms - Theres 2 different possible strats here, one is to kite with polearms+archers+whip guys, always staying 2+ spaces away from the heads. Tails have no ZoC so you can dance with those just fine. Can take a long time but a reliable way to kill a lot of lindwurms without taking much to any damage at all. The kiting part is more important than damage to avoid losses. The other is to either use very competent shieldbros who don't attack, or get guys with lindwurm acid immune armor to tank them as best as possible, still leaning heavily on ranged and 2-tile range weapons to do the meat of the damage. The lindwurm immune armor strat is very good if you have it on a guy with an AoE 2h, he can do damage to multiple lindwurms per round this way. Attacks to both the head and body don't seem to double the damage. Also polehammers remove almost their entire armor bar with 1 destroy armor (this goes for a lot of enemies), so bring those if you have them.

Hexen - High resolve can resist the charm really well, get archers or free bros to the witches as fast as possible. Use spacebar to time out when they don't have a hex on a friendly so you don't kill your own dudes. Don't go naked, they always have help now. Bring whips to disarm bros if you're worried about the charm.

Webs - Webs are really only annoying early game, keep your dudes grouped up so they can support each other, and try to use terrain to limit the directions of the spiders approach. After a while they will become literally no threat and its just how long it takes you to kill 25 spiders and break the morale of the other 5-8.

Direwolves - There are 2 kinds of wolves, normal and frenzied. Frenzied is basically the normal but has more HP and applies overwhelm with each attack. Can be dangerous early, but die fast enough and morale shock each other on death that they'll become pretty harmless like Webs in time.

Nachs - Try to spread out damage so you kill many at a time for morale shocks, and advance to stand on the corpses so they don’t feast. feasting is both a level up and heal, so it’s very important to control as much as possible. If you see a level 3 Nach very early in a game, just run away, they can be stupid dangerous to low level bros.

Alps - If you don't feel like running away just give everyone swords+spears for the hit%, and have dogs on everyone (another general rule but specifically good here). Other 1h and AoE 2hs like greatswords are okay too, but you want quantity of high hit% attacks here, quality is irrelevant because all targets are fragile as poo poo. Get the dogs out ASAP, try to get to the alps ASAP. Support bros in pairs but move outwards fast so the alps have multiple targets and don't just surround groups with too many nightmares. Once you kill 1-2 alps the free bros can move quickly to help other groups and you snowball. High resolve reduces the nightmare damage.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 27, 2019

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
Legit feel bad for this group of untoward, the king had 14 chosen with him

Also I didn't even think there'd be named whips, but neat

Mazz fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 28, 2019

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Mazz posted:

Legit feel bad for this group of untoward, the king had 14 chosen with him

Also I didn't even think there'd be named whips, but neat

Is that a loving skull helm? Looks awesome.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Genghis Cohen posted:

Is that a loving skull helm? Looks awesome.

Yeah I think it’s one of the barbarian named helmets, there’s a couple good ones. Unfortunately only a couple named helms can actually roll up comparable to a full helm, but they do tend to have less fatigue so they’re good for guys who need a little fatigue help. You want as heavy as they can wear comfortably though since it factors into battleforged.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 29, 2019

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
whats comfortably? most of my frontlinr guys have 55 - 70 fatigue, archers are more in the 80-110 range

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Molybdenum posted:

whats comfortably? most of my frontlinr guys have 55 - 70 fatigue, archers are more in the 80-110 range

I shoot for 70+ when wearing 300/300. In the high 60s at that gear level is acceptable to me, especially if have restore or whatever that perk is called. Anything under ~62 (once 11+ and geared) they are concerning/replaceable if a better candidate appears.

For nimble builds they should have quite a bit more since there’s such a smaller gear penalty. 80+ generally.

On a similar note I also have pretty hard restrictions on guys having 90+ MAtk/35+ MDef at endgame. I don’t run shieldbros outside of specific cases (i.e. not fighting axes/chosen). Note all of this is endgame thinking, levelling you generally run shields to keep them alive.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 30, 2019

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Mazz posted:

I shoot for 70+ when wearing 300/300. In the high 60s at that gear level is acceptable to me, especially if have restore or whatever that perk is called. Anything under ~62 (once 11+ and geared) they are concerning/replaceable if a better candidate appears.

For nimble builds they should have quite a bit more since there’s such a smaller gear penalty. 80+ generally.

On a similar note I also have pretty hard restrictions on guys having 90+ MAtk/35+ MDef at endgame. I don’t run shieldbros outside of specific cases (i.e. not fighting axes/chosen). Note all of this is endgame thinking, levelling you generally run shields to keep them alive.

Do you include veteran levels in those calculations? It seems really hard to hit that with every bro but I've never stuck past the 3rd crisis before getting bored.

For reference the average hedge knight starts at 62 matk, 8 mdef, 108 fat.

That's bare minimum 2 stars in melee attack/melee defense to hit the mark. You would be basically only keeping 3 star mdef/2 star matk people. How many people would you have to check for that?

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
i have the same issue with my 6th archer spot. my first five guys are all 87 ranged attack or higher or have multiple stars and will hit 90+ by level 11, but my 6th guy has been hard to find. I hire hunters/poachers/bowyers as i find them but I havent been able to find a 2 or 3 star guy even in the high 40s for range attack. so far they have high range attack for level 1 but the stars are in initiative, HP, etc.

what professions are good to have on the bench for random events? ive got a monk, grave robber and brawler right now.

Molybdenum fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jul 30, 2019

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

WarpedLichen posted:

Do you include veteran levels in those calculations? It seems really hard to hit that with every bro but I've never stuck past the 3rd crisis before getting bored.

For reference the average hedge knight starts at 62 matk, 8 mdef, 108 fat.

That's bare minimum 2 stars in melee attack/melee defense to hit the mark. You would be basically only keeping 3 star mdef/2 star matk people. How many people would you have to check for that?

I do now, but it’s been a rule for some time before using that. With the tryout stars mod it’s very doable, just pricy if you use the 2x version and you have to monitor your expense. A bit of it is pure luck, getting some early 2/3 star guys makes it so you can slowly search for others, as you don’t need all 12 endgame bros even by the first crisis. You can also have terrible droughts on finding good dudes. I’ve honestly restarted games because by day 60 I was still looking for decent core dudes.

2/2 melee stars with a decent third category is my general minimum barring anything else, also lots of backgrounds can have 8-16 MDef which helps get that number up without needeinh all 3 stars, but it does help a lot with the extra point rolls.

I have been playing Lone Wolf so I have a huge early advantage in my main guy, letting me cherry pick his friends, for something like militia it can take a good bit longer to get an end game crew.

80/30 might be a more realistic minimum number for an unmodded game, 90/40 being exceptional normal bros, and you slowly replace up as the game goes on. Also great traits like iron lungs or iron jaw are worth a few stat points; my sarge is only like 83/36 but was a thief w/ 100 resolve and both of those. Iron lungs is god tier, jumping from 15 to 19 fatigue regen is a pretty huge jump when you factor in mastery reductions.

EDIT: On a side note, one big thing for money especially earlier in the game is finding a large city with a decent sell modifier. Working for the owning faction and that town should keep the sell rate between 18%-21% before town events, and that extra 3-5% over lovely towns adds up when you dump your inventory on them every few days. Helps a lot to maintain the recruit search.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jul 30, 2019

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
For low cost backgrounds, achievable target numbers for level 11 are:
80 Melee Skill, 125 Fatigue, 80 HP after Colossus, 50 Resolve and 15-25 Melee Defense depending on what you're using the bro for. Bros that can get there are worth keeping around until you get someone better. Those numbers are on the low end, though, most bros you keep should and will be better. Bros that take Nimble instead of Battle Forged need 100 HP but can get away with 110 or even less Fatigue.

Molybdenum posted:

i have the same issue with my 6th archer spot. my first five guys are all 87 ranged attack or higher or have multiple stars and will hit 90+ by level 11, but my 6th guy has been hard to find. I hire hunters/poachers/bowyers as i find them but I havent been able to find a 2 or 3 star guy even in the high 40s for range attack. so far they have high range attack for level 1 but the stars are in initiative, HP, etc.

what professions are good to have on the bench for random events? ive got a monk, grave robber and brawler right now.
Why do you want 6 archers? Why would you even want 5?

That said, I'm not above tooting my own horn: https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/142

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
because they kill everything before getting into melee range? I can stack 5 overwhelms on two unholds per round? feels good so far anyway, maybe ill lose horribly to end game content but I got through the noble crisis this way with no problem.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Molybdenum posted:

because they kill everything before getting into melee range? I can stack 5 overwhelms on two unholds per round? feels good so far anyway, maybe ill lose horribly to end game content but I got through the noble crisis this way with no problem.
Archers do nothing against Ancient Dead, even Overwhelm isn't particularly useful against them because of their accurate weapons.
They're useful against Orcs but having too few melee bros means you'll easily get your front row stunlocked and your archers overrun.
And most endgame fights throw so many enemies at you that you'll need at least 7 frontline melee bros just to keep them at bay.

I like to have 4 ranged bros, 3 specializing in bows and 1 in crossbows, because there are a lot of fights they are great in, but leveling more than that seems like it would lead to not having enough experienced melee bros.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
In my current game I only have two archers and honestly it's been fine. Usually I would have three but I absolutely could not find any good ranged bros to get a third one. Now I'm training up a third ranged bro but I think I'll go for throwing weapons with him because in my last run I had a throwing bro who was crazy good once I got enough barbarian throwing weapons for him to fight all day.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
Out of 16 this game I have 6 ranged: 3 archers, 2 xbows, 1 thrown. It does feel heavy since I rarely use more than 4-5 ranged, I’d cut a xbow in hindsight. Maybe even swap the other to another bow since I find the snow does very little vs bow or thrown. That being said, having lots of ranged is nice for lindwurm and goblin fights, esp the city.

This gives me 10 melee bros and like I said before I expect everyone to be frontliner 2h capable, even if I give them a poleaxe or warscythe.

It’s felt good so far, I honestly haven’t lost a single guy this game on expert through 500 days(save scumming a bit ofc). Cut loose a few subpar/injuries though.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 31, 2019

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

vyelkin posted:

In my current game I only have two archers and honestly it's been fine. Usually I would have three but I absolutely could not find any good ranged bros to get a third one. Now I'm training up a third ranged bro but I think I'll go for throwing weapons with him because in my last run I had a throwing bro who was crazy good once I got enough barbarian throwing weapons for him to fight all day.
I need to make a throwing bro again. The last one I had started strong but was poo poo throughout the midgame and then I got bored and stopped playing before he could fully come into his own.

Random question, but does anyone ever use Bags & Belts (except on a throwing bro) or Resilient?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Wizard Styles posted:

I need to make a throwing bro again. The last one I had started strong but was poo poo throughout the midgame and then I got bored and stopped playing before he could fully come into his own.

Random question, but does anyone ever use Bags & Belts (except on a throwing bro) or Resilient?

I used to take Bags and Belts on archers because they sometimes ran out of arrows in long fights but since you can craft giant quivers now it's not necessary anymore.

TheBeardyCleaver
Jan 9, 2019

Wizard Styles posted:

Used it a lot more before the expansions. Especially when you could use quick hands with shields and two handed weapons. Far more of a marginal use now. Take it on some utility bros that have a pike, 1h, nets and potions. They usually don't last until end game unless they are somehow really good and are content to be in reserve.

Resilient... I use it on meatshield sacrifice bros that will hold the line until something decent comes along.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Wizard Styles posted:

From this last game I’m honestly thinking Im swapping out xbows for thrown in the future. There’s really only one good use for xbows and that’s injuring orcs/chosen as they advance, and you only get a turn or two where that feels valuable. Bows are far better in fighting off other ranged, and heavy barbarian weapon duelist throwers do everything crossbows do at the merge only better. That and they can carry nets without any penalty at all.

I’ll take bags/belts on all ranged still so I can carry a noble sword + extra arrows for lindwurms, or even use them as storage for extra shields or something occasionally.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 1, 2019

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Yeah, I think that whoever the low Initiative ranged bro that can't Overwhelm and would usually turn into a crossbow bro will end up specialized in throwing weapons this time around.
He can still use a crossbow until his perks are sorted. The only thing a crossbow user needs is Ranged Skill anyway, perks are a secondary concern so not getting any use out of things like Quick Hands and Throwing Mastery won't hurt him too much.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
Are tier 2 weapons worth repairing to sell, assuming I'm buying tools cheaply? I'm seeing conflicting advice.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
1 tool equals 15 durability. That's all I can really say, everything else depends on buying and selling prices.
Also on how many tools are available in general, I never repair loot because I don't want to run out of tools or have to take constant detours just to restock.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
For the most part I only repair tier 3 weapons or real good armor I don’t need because even if the costs line up the tool use can be irritating to manage. That’s assuming AI have the tools to spend as Wizard said, a lot comes down to how often you’re in rough battles and how much damage you take per fight, it can vary a lot.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 2, 2019

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
has anyone ever done a northern raiders start? two of the houses start hostile and you need to travel across the map to the nonhostile house territory.

the nonhostile house on my recent start controls 2 coastal towns. one of which is their capital, so contracts there are locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Molybdenum posted:

has anyone ever done a northern raiders start? two of the houses start hostile and you need to travel across the map to the nonhostile house territory.

the nonhostile house on my recent start controls 2 coastal towns. one of which is their capital, so contracts there are locked.
Yeah, you need to find a map with a southern house that gives you all you need. Definitely recommend using the map database for that start (https://bb.frukso.se/).

You'll also have to deal with your starting bros getting expensive fast.