Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

DarthRoblox posted:

Two nulls in what, 4 attacks? indeed. I'm imagining this almost like a Three Stooges sketch, with Splinter just slipping and sliding all over the place while flailing wildly with her dagger.

I'm going to step forward and hit the normal demon with a push since I don't think I can easily kill it.

That's fine; I'll try to finish one of them off myself, and move towards the next door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

DarthRoblox posted:

Two nulls in what, 4 attacks? indeed. I'm imagining this almost like a Three Stooges sketch, with Splinter just slipping and sliding all over the place while flailing wildly with her dagger.

As I was reading that Yakety Sax popped into my head.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Master Splinter's deck is the smallest at the moment (16 cards total) so while the average tends to be on the positive, a NULL is 20% more likely on a full deck compared to the regular 20 cards one - note: statistical science is a cruel mistress and I may have lied to you.

E: statistically speaking, you're going to draw a NULL check notes...on your highest damage attack and a x2 on a 1 damage+stun one.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 21, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
That's a big reason why advantage becomes stronger with a smaller modifier deck. Even if you've got more consistent modifiers, advantage still makes you immune to nulls.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Frozen Hollow, Round 9A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand5, Discarded3, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 11 with Empathetic Assault and Fearsome Blade.

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

code:
"EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self"

"FEARSOME BLADE (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - PUSH3 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand4, Discarded5, Active0, Lost1) is acting at initiative 35 with Skewer and Grab and Go.

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"

"GRAB AND GO (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1
BOT: MOVE4"
Rocky (Hand6, Discarded3, Active0, Lost2) is acting at initiative 82 with Dirt Tornado and Nature's Lift.

82. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

code:
"DIRT TORNADO (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range2, AOE (check image), Consume EARTH:+1ATK, XP1 
- MUDDLE all allies and enemies in the targeted area.
BOT: Move 3"

"NATURE'S LIFT (64) [Lvlx]
TOP: HEAL2, Range3, Target2
BOT: Persistent Bonus On your next six ranged Attack actions when AIR is Strong or Waning, Consume AIR to add +2Range - Gain XP1 on 1st, 3rd and 5th trigger - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Just moving and shield. Looks like we got them running scared. :black101:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Moving to B5 and Skewering the elite (it's not visible on the UI but air is waning, so I can use it for an extra damage). Since it's stunned, it won't get the shield, so a +0 or better will kill it.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If Splinter moves to E6 and attacks/pushes the normal frost demon to A6, assuming the normal frost demon survives, it should move to C6 and be at low health, setting up a potential skewer double kill from D6.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'll just toss some painkillers to y'all and start heading towards the next door :effort:

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...

Reik posted:

If Splinter moves to E6 and attacks/pushes the normal frost demon to A6, assuming the normal frost demon survives, it should move to C6 and be at low health, setting up a potential skewer double kill from D6.

Ohh, nice - I forgot that you can choose where enemies get pushed, to a degree. That does move me further from the door though and I'm low on movement cards, so I think I'm going to grab that coin and push it back instead. If it survives it should only take 1 hit from anything to die

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frozen Hollow, Round 9B

- AIR should be waning!

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Empathetic Assault (bot)! Moves1 to C5. HEAL2, Self!
Master Splinter is at 7 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (top)! Attacks Frost Demon 3 for 53 (2base, +1mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP. Frost Demon 3 is PUSHED 2 to E7!
Frost Demon 3 is at 2 HP
Frost Demon 3 is killed!
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

18. Frost Demons posted:

- Frost Demon 6(E) loses STUNNED token!
- Frost Demon 3 focuses Bullwinkle! Gains SHIELD2 till the end of the Round. He's dead Jim.

Elemental infusions can also cause harm to enemies - in this case the Frost Demons would have consumed FIRE and suffered one damage. We don't have a Spellweaver or a Tinkerer, so we have no way to generate (or utilize) the FIRE element, at the moment.

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Grab and Go (bot)! Moves3 to B5.
- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (top)! Consumes AIR! Attacks Frost Demon 6(E) for 4 (4base, +0mod, PIERCE1) damage! Gains 1XP.
Frost Demon 6(E) is killed!

Skewer can also be used as a pseudo-ranged attack to work around RETALIATE or reach enemies that would otherwise be too far away, and this is a good demonstration of its use!

82. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

- Rocky uses Dirt Tornado (bot)! Moves3 to C4
- Rocky uses Nature's Lift (top)! HEAL2, targets Bullwinkle and Master Splinter!
Bullwinkle is at 10 HP.
Master Splinter is at 8 HP.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- None

The Frost Demon is dead, please send me multiple Rounds worth of orders till the door is opened, as usual! Check with the other players itt how many turns you have to spend in this room first :)

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jul 23, 2019

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Shouldn't Splinter have done 5 damage? 2 base, +1 mod, +2 bonus, and this is before the demon would get to put up shield. Or was that supposed to read -1 mod?

Telum fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jul 23, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Zack Ater posted:

Shouldn't Splinter have done 5 damage? 2 base, +1 mod, +2 bonus, and this is before the demon would get to put up shield. Or was that supposed to read -1 mod?

It is, that's what happens when Splinter plays a Ranged Attack in the previous Round and I forget to put the +2mod back into the appropriate cell :v:

The Frost Demon is dead, please send me multiple Rounds worth of orders till the door is opened, as usual! Check with the other players itt how many turns you have to spend in this room first :)

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
Nice, that worked better than expected. If I have 3 cards, that means that I need to long rest in 2 turns, right?
I'd be good to spend 1 turn moving, long rest, and then open the door.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Yeah, Rocky and Splinter can take one turn before needing to rest, and Rocky can take two. Although, this is the last room coming up, so it might be better for Rocky to rest at the same time since it looks like longevity isn't going to be a big issue this scenario.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Yeah, I'd like to move to F3 this turn (next to the door), long rest, then bust in the round after that.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sounds good to me as well

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Actually, I take it back. I'm going to be a little farther away from the door when I rest. That way I can do a longer move into the next room.

I intend to go pretty quickly on the round that the door opens, and charge into the fray to attack and set up retaliate.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'm going slow on the door opening round and setting up to buff myself and move far into the area, getting rid of any traps in our way

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
alright, I'll plan to go early then and do the usual early peek in and then go invis if the setup looks bad.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Frozen Hollow, Round 10, 11, 12A

- Frost Demon 3 is dead!
Once again, we'll cut down on the formatting to speed these set up Rounds.

Turn 10 posted:

- Master Splinter: Scurry + default move 2 to F2.
- Rocky: Rumbling Advance to HEAL4 Bullwinkle, Backup Ammunition to move3 to E2. Bullwinkle is at 14 HP.
- Bullwinkle: move 2 to D4.

Turn 11 posted:

- Master Splinter: Long Rest, lose Feedback Loop.
- Rocky: Long Rest, Lose Heaving Swing. Rocky is at 13 HP.
- Bullwinkle: Long Rest, losing Balanced Measures.

Frozen Hollow, Round 12A
Bullwinkle (Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost2) is acting at initiative 18 with Eye for an Eye and Hook and Chain.

18. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Phelddagrif) posted:

code:
"EYE FOR AN EYE (18) [Lvl1]
TOP: Round bonus RETALIATE2, Self - Gain XP1 each time you Retaliate this round.
BOT: HEAL2, Range1 - Generate EARTH"

"HOOK AND CHAIN (42) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK3, Range3, PULL2.
BOT: MOVE4 - If the movement was in a straight line, ATK X, where X is the number of hexes you moved with this action."
Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost2) is acting at initiative 20 with Scurry and Hostile Takeover.

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

code:
"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE3 - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"

"HOSTILE TAKEOVER (09) [Lvl2]
TOP: ATK2, Range 4 - IMMOBILIZE - Generate ICE - 1XP
BOT: Round Bonus: Force one normal or elite enemy within Range 3 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies - 2XP - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand8, Discarded0, Active0, Lost3) is acting at initiative 77 with Backup Ammunition and Clear the Way.

77. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

code:
"BACKUP AMMUNITION (77) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus On your next four ranged Attack actions, gain ADD TARGET - Gain XP1 each trigger - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3"

"CLEAR THE WAY (43) [Lvl3]
TOP: Move and adjacent single-hex obstacle to an empty hex withing Range4 - ATK2, Target all enemies adjacent to the moved obstacle, XP1 - Consume EARTH: +1ATK, XP1.
BOT: MOVE5, Jump - Destroy all obstacles and disarm all traps move through - XP2 - LOSS"

Frozen Hollow, Round 12B

- Bullwinkle uses Hook and Chain (bot)! Moves3 to door hex.

- Living Spirits 2, 4, 5, 6 revealed!
- Hounds 2, 3 revealed!
- Frost Demon 5(E) revealed!
- Treasure Tile 26 revealed!

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 24, 2019

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Ah, there we are. There's the doggos' killer card. Fast initiative, fast movement, and when there are more than just these two doggos, brutal damage.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
Let's see - as long as Bullwinkle takes a step forward to A3 or A4, the enemies should cluster up nicely - mostly along the B column. He's going to eat a good amount of damage, but we can probably clean up in another round or two after that. I'm planning on running in, hitting a hound, and going invis to set up a big attack next turn.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Shouldn't there be an elite frost demon in this room?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

There should also be an Elite Frost Demon in the room...I guess it took the wrong summoning portal and it ended up somewhere else. Fixing that silly mistake now! Thanks to Phelddagrif for pointing that out!

E: and to Edna Mode too :)

Correct details for the reveal:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Ugh, that is a lot of damage they're doing. I'm prepared to take some hits, but that's pretty scary!

Normally I'd take a step back so only a single hound can attack, and nothing else can. That risks us getting bottlenecked however.

Here's what I propose: I use boots to move to B2 and do an Attack 5 on the hound. A -1 or better means it will die from the retaliation I set up. If Splinter can move in and mind control the Frost Demon, it will attack the other hound and a spirit for us. I'm still taking a bunch of attacks from the spirits and a hound, but I should have enough shields to come out OK. Of course, if I don't kill the hound then that's another Attack 4 coming my way...

Is that crazy or does that work OK for y'all?

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Phelddagrif posted:

Ugh, that is a lot of damage they're doing. I'm prepared to take some hits, but that's pretty scary!

Normally I'd take a step back so only a single hound can attack, and nothing else can. That risks us getting bottlenecked however.

Here's what I propose: I use boots to move to B2 and do an Attack 5 on the hound. A -1 or better means it will die from the retaliation I set up. If Splinter can move in and mind control the Frost Demon, it will attack the other hound and a spirit for us. I'm still taking a bunch of attacks from the spirits and a hound, but I should have enough shields to come out OK. Of course, if I don't kill the hound then that's another Attack 4 coming my way...

Is that crazy or does that work OK for y'all?

I say do it :black101:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Works for me. And it should leave everything bunched up for a big AoE next turn from me. I'm going to try and get as close to you as possible on my turn so that I can toss out a big AoEs next turn.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Waiting for orders from one player :) There are indications of intent itt, but since this could have potentially big consequences, I'll wait for a PM before proceeding.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Sorry, my fault! I fell asleep and forgot to send in the orders. Done now!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

No worries :)

Frozen Hollow, Round 12B

- None!

- Bullwinkle uses Hook and Chain (bot)! Activates Boots of Striding! Moves5 to B2. Attacks Hound 2 for 4 (5base, -1mod) damage!
Hound 2 is at 2 HP.
- Bullwinkle uses Eye for an Eye (top)! Round bonus active: RETALIATE2, Self - Gain XP1 each time you Retaliate this round.

19. Hounds posted:

- Hound 2 focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (2base, +0mod, SHIELD2) damage! Chainmail SPENT! Warding Strength 1st charge used! Bullwinkle RETALIATES for 2 damage! Gains 1 XP.
Hound 2 is killed!
- Hound 3 focuses Bullwinkle! Moves1 to C3. Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (2base, -1mod, SHIELD1) damage! Warding Strength 2nd charge used! Bullwinkle RETALIATES for 2 damage! Gains 2 XP.
Hound 3 is at 4 HP.

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves3 to B3. Attacks Hound 3 for 3 (1base, +0mod +2bonus) damage!
Hound 3 is at 1 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Hostile Takeover (bot)! Targets Frost Demon 5(E). Round Bonus active: Force one normal or elite enemy within Range 3 to perform its turn this Round as if it's allies were enemies and its enemies were allies. Gains 2 XP. LOSS card!
Master Splinter activates Invisibility Cloak! Gains INVISIBLE.

75. Living Spirits posted:

- Living Spirit 2 focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (3base, -2mod, SHIELD1) damage! Warding Strength 3rd charge used!
- Living Spirit 4 focuses Bullwinkle! Moves1 to C4. Attacks Bullwinkle for 2 (3base, +1mod, SHIELD2) damage! Heater Shield SPENT! Warding Strength 4th charge used! Gains 1 XP.
Bullwinkle is at 12 HP.
- Living Spirit 5 focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 2 (3base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage! Warding Strength 5th charge used!
Bullwinkle is at 10 HP.
- Living Spirit 6 focuses Bullwinkle! Moves1 to B4. Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (3base, NULLmod) damage!

That went...exceedingly well.

78. Frost Demons posted:

Frost Demon 5(E) focuses Hound 3! Attacks Hound 3 for 3 (4base, -1mod) damage! Attacks Living Spirit 5 for 2 (4base, +0mod, SHIELD2) damage!
Hound 3 is killed!
Living Spirit 5 is killed!
ICE is now strong.

Good job there, buddy! Not only it has killed 2 of its friends, it has also set up ICE for Master Splinter to use next turn, if she chooses to :3:

77. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Slaan) posted:

- Rocky uses Clear the Way (bot)! Jumps5 to B1. Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
- Rocky uses Backup Ammunition (top)! Persistent Bonus active: On your next four ranged Attack actions, gain ADD TARGET - Gain XP1 each trigger, then LOSS.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- ICE is now waning.
- The Monsters deck is shuffled!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

That went really really well

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
:sweatdrop:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Is it possible to activate multiple items on one turn?

Going fairly fast, hitting the spirits hard and trying to trip that trap so we can get the chest

Slaan fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jul 26, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Slaan posted:

Is it possible to activate multiple items on one turn?
Oh yeah absolutely.

Most items, you can use in the middle of another action, too.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Great. Those spirits are dead then. I can likely kill them and trigger the chest trap then, rather than just the trap

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
:munch: Unless I missed something, Splinter should have taken Retaliate damage.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Holy poo poo.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm going to go fast this round, refresh my items and continue tanking!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

:munch: Unless I missed something, Splinter should have taken Retaliate damage.

Bullwinkle, as well.