Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I'm not even sure this is possible at this point tbh

World: "Vic you said, and I quote, you want to kill all [insert slur] in the name of the almighty furher. Don't you agree this can be seen as racist?"

Vic: "I think you're taking me out of context."

Comicsgate: "That isn't racist! You PC snowflake libtards need to wake up and get out of your bubble."

Fair Weather Allies: "BOTH SIDES."

Its an exagerattion and doesn't really apply here, but isn't wholly inaccurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Glum
Jul 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/Jersey_Petey/status/1154164276908765185
The responses are hilarious.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

I guess Doug has scrubbed his twitter. It's amazing that people are willing to let him back into various communities after all of his horrid homophobic behavior.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Doug is terrible but he's better than EVS and Vic.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Nah, he’s scum. He can gently caress off.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh he can gently caress all the way off.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Retro Futurist posted:

That's how these go yeah. Eventually he'll say something undeniably racist or otherwise indefensible on camera and they'll quietly walk away and find a new person to center on

They aren't gonna drop him over a few "gamer words." If he is well and truly blacklisted from the voice acting industry they'll probably slowly lose interest in him though.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I didn't know Doug was a Vic guy, but I guess I should have figured.

Principal Hellmann
Jul 29, 2006
"I'm sending you to dentention FOREVER, LIEMAN!"

Dawgstar posted:

I didn't know Doug was a Vic guy, but I guess I should have figured.

He actually said in a EVS stream that he believed the stuff against him.

but when it came to money for his crowdfunding project, he turned around and spoke about how great Vic is.

Dude's a hypocrite. Big time.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
This is gross as gently caress, the guy on stage is Vic:

https://twitter.com/Terez27/status/1154575875217735680

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I clicked Play and now slime is oozing out of my computer.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
just from the thumbnail image i can tell i have no interest in clicking on that

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Anora posted:

This is gross as gently caress, the guy on stage is Vic:

https://twitter.com/Terez27/status/1154575875217735680

What the everyliving gently caress. How was that acceptable from anyone anywhere?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you know, seeing this here reminds of when someone recently asked me why people keep posting about vic in this thread since he doesnt really have anything to do with comics and i couldnt give an answer

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

site posted:

you know, seeing this here reminds of when someone recently asked me why people keep posting about vic in this thread since he doesnt really have anything to do with comics and i couldnt give an answer

Since I asked that I think I've since remembered that ComicsGate people decided to support Vic too, so that's probably why.

Still, I don't think a video clip of him making creepy comments to a child was something that was needed.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

site posted:

well, Full Metal Alchemist is a manga and for that and other reasons, most of his actual poo poo involves conventions relating to comic books.

Comic book conventions are kinda part of the industry.

(Not that I needed to see that clip because YIKES, but it's one of the answers to that question)

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 26, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
did he write or draw or publish fma

does being at a convention that also has comic vendors make him part of the comic industry

not that i havent gotten laughs from vics fuckups (and his lawyers), but seeing stuff posted that pretty well crosses a line on stuff i care to be exposed to makes me just wonder how many steps removed from the comics industry one needs to be to fit here, considering this thread has by and large devolved into the talk about vic thread

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I do think Vic is a few degrees too removed from the comics industry to justify any more time spent on his gross rear end. Like I can draw a straight line from the actual comics industry to how we got to talking about Vic, it makes sense, but I have to agree that it's not super relevant.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I post about him because I get most of my comicsgate news from twitter, and the people I get updates from have mostly been talking about Vic. I do appreciate the posts about EVS getting blocked by the Earthworm Jim guy, I suppose if EVS ever actually ships Cyberfrog we'll have other things to talk about.

Vic was preying on people at comic book conventions where he was an invited guest, I think it makes it relevant.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

site posted:

Tangentially. Doug Tenapel supports him, and he does write comics.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

When something interesting happens with the rest of Comicsgate I'm sure we'll move off of Vic. But it's all quiet on the Western front until they start the machine back up for Thor 4.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Vic is related however tangentially because it’s an example of what’s happened at comic and anime conventions for the last 20+ years I’ve attended them finally getting caught and maybe even facing consequences for being a creep and a sex pest. Somehow, despite not being a FMA/anime fan, I “knew” Vic was a creep before all this went public. I can’t tell you exactly when I learned that, but at some point over a decade ago when I was volunteering someone gave me a heads-up to avoid the guy. And over time as social media grew I began to see people chatter about it.

Vic was always a presence at comic shows, often a headlining guest, as anime got more and more popular, and he went to a lot of shows. That’s a lot of fans. And that’s as much as I want to think about it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

I post about him because I get most of my comicsgate news from twitter, and the people I get updates from have mostly been talking about Vic. I do appreciate the posts about EVS getting blocked by the Earthworm Jim guy, I suppose if EVS ever actually ships Cyberfrog we'll have other things to talk about.

Vic was preying on people at comic book conventions where he was an invited guest, I think it makes it relevant.

There's also the Blackface Lawyer connection, as Nick is CG's "legal counsel."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

site posted:

did he write or draw or publish fma

does being at a convention that also has comic vendors make him part of the comic industry

not that i havent gotten laughs from vics fuckups (and his lawyers), but seeing stuff posted that pretty well crosses a line on stuff i care to be exposed to makes me just wonder how many steps removed from the comics industry one needs to be to fit here, considering this thread has by and large devolved into the talk about vic thread

Vic is a common guest at comic conventions/general nerd conventions and works in those circles. Dude was The Watcher in Marvel Heroes. FMA is his most famous role but he has done a lot of VA. I do agree we don't need that level of creepy poo poo tho'

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay well since im obviously in the minority here, im just gonna say that posting videos of pedos actually hitting on children, without thinking about whether or not anyone actually needs to see that sort of thing, feels like the inevitable consequence of obsessively posting every tweet about a pedo that comes across the feed, and im sure it wont be the last time, so im just gonna unbookmark this thread and leave yall to it

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I don't think needs to be talked about here, but the comicsgaters have rallied to it as the hot cause so discussion here was inevitable. Evidence of his sex creepery is going to follow the same way it would with any other outing of a sex creep in any industry today.

A clearer warning of that kind of content is always nice, but the whole topic of the thread seems like an explicit content warning for every kind of scumbaggery you'd expect out of hateful, predatory nerds.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I'd be happy if the updates were just limited to his legal stuff. As soon as I clicked on that video and saw it was a little girl I noped out before anything could happen.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jim Zub's Champions comic was cancelled, and while I think it's understandable (trying to have every teenager ever in its title yet losing them to solo series at random means it felt very unfocused) it was something like a progressive book what with people already mad that it featured Ms. Marvel at all or featured Viv Vision (who was not shown as white when turned into a human) who also had a crush on Ironheart.

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1154776280576827393

The response was about what one would expect from certain corners.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Seeing that Homelander from The Boys looks exactly like Vic is disconcerting.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

( this idiot.)

https://twitter.com/truefaithpublis/status/1153742105711382529

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So he can't match Kirby but will match Kirby.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

So he can't match Kirby but will match Kirby.

No he's (I'm assuming it's a he) saying the dumb SJW cucks working in comics today can't match Kirby, but once he gets published his brilliance will not only outshine all contemporary comics creators, but will also rival that of the GOAT.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Edit: I don't think that person has anything to do with comicsgate, they seem to just be very confident in their abilities. I don't think it has anything at all to do with this thread and if anything they seem to be very fired up elsewhere on their timeline against white supremacy and sexism, just in a very "middle aged person on twitter" kind of way. Sorry for jumping in with a dumb joke without looking into it.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 26, 2019

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Maybe there should be a Vic thread in ADTRW? It'd have to have the exact same rules as this one, though, because there's a surprising number of weird chuds there.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
It might be because of the awful part of the US I live in but I'm legit surprised when I run into folks who are nerdy that aren't weird chuds.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dreqqus posted:

It might be because of the awful part of the US I live in but I'm legit surprised when I run into folks who are nerdy that aren't weird chuds.

It was always refreshing when a decent person shipped in the store. Indiana is 99% CHUD.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Maybe there should be a Vic thread in ADTRW? It'd have to have the exact same rules as this one, though, because there's a surprising number of weird chuds there.

He's come up a few times in the Dragonball thread to a general chorus of "wow what a piece of poo poo"

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Dreqqus posted:

No, there's a broad stroke of chud behavior in American nerd circles and there has been for quite a long time. I remember it being a problem when I was a kid in the '90s in suburban Chicago, and it's been consistently an issue everywhere else I've ever been. There's a big part of nerd culture that's about finding a comfort zone for yourself, then bolting the door and getting really angry whenever something intrudes upon it.

It started out with people who identified so strongly with their favorite media that they were willing to misidentify criticism of that media as an attack on themselves, and has since been weaponized into encouraging them to misidentify the existence of the critics as an eternal, relentless enemy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

At my comic/game store we seem to import them. One night a friend was playing another dude down from Canada and one might imagine Canada to be vaguely left-leaning, but no, this dude was from Edmonton and was all about how it's a shame Trudeau was PM because Trump would have respected the old PM and he just seemed really apologetic his country was not as off the rails as the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

site posted:

okay well since im obviously in the minority here, im just gonna say that posting videos of pedos actually hitting on children, without thinking about whether or not anyone actually needs to see that sort of thing, feels like the inevitable consequence of obsessively posting every tweet about a pedo that comes across the feed, and im sure it wont be the last time, so im just gonna unbookmark this thread and leave yall to it

I apologize for posting that is it offended you this deeply. I had it pop up in my timeline and it seemed like a definitive "this guy is an rear end in a top hat pedo creep" vid that would put a spotlight on his behavior in a way that second hand stories would not. I had though the "this is gross" warning would have been enough of a warning, I'll try to more strongly emphasize it next time.