Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

I got picked up, turned upside-down, and placed in a garbage can head-first with my legs waving comedically in the air by my first rocket grunt. What's up with the 8000 CP Crobat?

Do you have a Smacktar? Or a Rhyperior? Crobat should die super fast to either, especially if you get a Stone Edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I have seen the light of Smack Down Tyranitar and will be bringing them out of retirement as they seem to give Rocket grunts swirlies in the toilet and atomic wedgies.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Yeah my premade team now is dark ttar, rock ttar, machamp

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Kantesu posted:

Do you have a Smacktar? Or a Rhyperior? Crobat should die super fast to either, especially if you get a Stone Edge.

Yeah, I have all the tools and have the team set up now. But the grunt said something that made me think he was fighting-type, so I brought the psychic types. My mewtwo got ganked by a golbat in literally five hits.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
My Thunderbolt Mewtwo absolutely destroys any Team Rocket trainer with Zubat/Crobat, but pretty much any strong Rock type like Rhyperior or powerful Electric dudes like Electivire or Luxray will murder them in seconds, yeah. I've had more trouble and close calls with Snorlax and Blastoise compared to any other Shadow Pokemon.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 26, 2019

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Jono C, we're 1 day from besties. Let me know if you want to coordinate!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah my premade team now is dark ttar, rock ttar, machamp

I am rolling 3 ttars. 1 smack the other 2 are bite. The dps on bite is kinda nutso

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Tyranitarmy best army

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

I am rolling 3 ttars. 1 smack the other 2 are bite. The dps on bite is kinda nutso

Bite's among the highest DPS (really DPT, Damage Per Turn) fast moves in PvP. Tied with Dragon Breath, Confusion, Waterfall, Smack Down, and a few others. Only gets beat by Razor Leaf (which is ridic). Energy gain on it sucks, though, so you can get caught in a situation where you can't build up a charge move to turn things around, which is one of the reasons PvP people tend not to like it much (the other reason is PvP is full of Fighting types, and Counter is super good). It'll work great on the mostly-monotyped grunts, though.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

BGrifter posted:

So I ordered a replacement with two day shipping with Amazon figuring I’ll return it if I get a fraudulent one. I wish these things were more durable. They die waaaaaaaaaay too easily.

Welp, it's a fake. Submitted my return request and I'll have to put it back in the mail. Guess I'm ordering from Codejunkies and waiting a month for it to arrive again.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Welp, it's a fake. Submitted my return request and I'll have to put it back in the mail. Guess I'm ordering from Codejunkies and waiting a month for it to arrive again.

Yeah. Always order Go-tchas directly from Codejunkies.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

DizzyBum posted:

Yeah. Always order Go-tchas directly from Codejunkies.

I figured it was worth a shot with free two day shipping. :shrug:

Not a huge loss. I'll print off the return label and have it back at the post office before they close today.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

BGrifter posted:

fwiw I've been seeing gotchas literally on the shelf at my local best buy, you may want to check online and see if any of your local ones have them in stock

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

fwiw I've been seeing gotchas literally on the shelf at my local best buy, you may want to check online and see if any of your local ones have them in stock

Worth a shot! They're not on the BestBuy Canada website, but I'll swing by the mall and check them/EBStop just on the off chance there's one kicking around.

I submitted a support ticket to Codemasters detailing all the things I've tried over the last month to revive my dead one. It lasted less than eight months, and ordering them direct from Codemasters costs almost $60 CAD between currency conversion and shipping. Even if they just offered me a couple bucks off buying a replacement I'd be happy with that.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Target too

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
first rocket fight gave me this sweet boy:

He's 15/15/14 so I'm gonna keep it in its stoned af look.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Vegastar posted:

Target too

Those went out of business here long ago sadly. But we do still have Toys R Us so maybe I'll stop by there just incase.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

Anyone else in North America notice that raid hours were extended? Normally raids expire at 7:30 but my friend and I duo’d a marowak that ended after 8. Anyone know what the new end time is?

Is this a thing in North America? I ask because I think the raids in Germany are a bit strange. For example, it’s 11:10 PM right now and there are two active raids that I can see. Also, for whatever reason, I notice that around 6-7 AM pretty much every gym will have an egg on it. :iiam:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
America raid hours are (roughly) 6am and tend to stop spawning eggs at round 5:45, making the last straggling raids tend to end at 7:30 at the latest. Every once in a great while I'll see odd ducks that don't finish until 8 or later, but they're extremely uncommon.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

BGrifter posted:

Those went out of business here long ago sadly. But we do still have Toys R Us so maybe I'll stop by there just incase.

Target went out of business in your area but you still have Toys R Us? Do you live in some alternate timeline?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Gearman posted:

Target went out of business in your area but you still have Toys R Us? Do you live in some alternate timeline?

I'm in Canada at the moment! :canada:

Today was the first day I've been off so I was able to get out and do a bit of the Team Rocket stuff. I have to admit it's a really clever idea and I'm digging the concept, even if there are a couple rough edges that need sanding off.

It'd be great if the Team Rocket controlled stops were a bit easier to distinguish while looking at the map. The number of Pokeballs feels a bit on the stingy side too. But after my first Zubat ran away I've successfully caught the last five including an above average Dratini so that's nice.

Looking at my ten assorted potions, fifteen revives, 241 Rare Candy and 835 base Pokeballs for when I get a replacement Go-Tcha has me feeling a little bad right now though. Need to build up a stock of potions and revives ASAP.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I did about 6 rocket stops today. I really wish they had a timer on them!

I cannot wait for shadow Pikachu and Magikarp.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Cowslips Warren posted:

I did about 6 rocket stops today. I really wish they had a timer on them!

I cannot wait for shadow Pikachu and Magikarp.

Yeah a timer would be great. Watching them evaporate a block away sucks.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
So the Official GO Twitter is seeming to be hinting with some "images" it's posted that something's coming this weekend.

(If you're having trouble viewing them, I've been told that messing with the brightness settings on your phone/computer can help.)

What that something is exactly is up for debate but it's very heavily hinted to be something involving Giovanni starting on 7/28.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

did anyone else get the push notification that just said R

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

oddium posted:

did anyone else get the push notification that just said R

yep

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Seiyal posted:

So the Official GO Twitter is seeming to be hinting with some "images" it's posted that something's coming this weekend.

(If you're having trouble viewing them, I've been told that messing with the brightness settings on your phone/computer can help.)

What that something is exactly is up for debate but it's very heavily hinted to be something involving Giovanni starting on 7/28.

We're getting shiny Mewtwo.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Just add Team Rocket as the fourth team.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TheKingslayer posted:

yes

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

We're getting shiny Mewtwo.

This would be amazing so probably not.

Shadow Lugia?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

TheKingslayer posted:

They would make an insane amount of money on team transfers as everyone abandons the three regular teams.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cowslips Warren posted:

This would be amazing so probably not.

Shadow Lugia?

Both make sense really with team rocket stuff. Who knows!

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

first rocket fight gave me this sweet boy:

He's 15/15/14 so I'm gonna keep it in its stoned af look.

Wow, they can be that strong when caught? Or did you power it up a good deal?

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

TheKingslayer posted:

I have it on good authority from a team rocket grunt I beat that I could be a team leader in no time.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

BGrifter posted:

They would make an insane amount of money on team transfers as everyone abandons the three regular teams.

10000 to change teams and then another 850 to get the uniform.

Although it would work really well for the "Team GO Rocket are trying to take over Pokemon GO" when literally EVERYONE switches to Team Rocket

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

The main soundtrack for this event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mocsc_BsAdI

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

that ivy guy posted:

Wow, they can be that strong when caught? Or did you power it up a good deal?

If only. I powered it up

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

When's the Suicune event hitting? I thought it would be this weekend but I heard no one talking about it.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Here's a good site for keeping track of events.

Says Blanche's special rewards should go live on the 14th Aug which is a Wednesday, so I'm guessing the raid day will be later that week on Saturday or Sunday.

EDIT: RE Rocket shenanigans, this countdown has appeared on the POGO youtube page https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkTNzBkyMHw

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jul 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dragonstoned posted:

Says Blanche's special rewards should go live on the 14th Aug which is a Wednesday

What, is this a joke? People are working that day, no one but NEETs are going do a raid train.

Thanks for the site, though, that's gonna be handy.