Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The Vic saga gets more ridiculous and horrifying every step of the way, and there’s no way I’m gonna watch that video, but imo it’s fair game to post since it’s related to conventions and has the lawyer connection. But I’m just a white noise lookie-loo so pay no heed

Also, I’ve gotten invested in that lawyer being a complete fuckup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hup posted:

The Vic saga gets more ridiculous and horrifying every step of the way, and there’s no way I’m gonna watch that video, but imo it’s fair game to post since it’s related to conventions and has the lawyer connection. But I’m just a white noise lookie-loo so pay no heed

Also, I’ve gotten invested in that lawyer being a complete fuckup

Small correction, there's multiple lawyers who are gently caress ups. Ty Beard is Vic's actual lawyer who's a complete gently caress-up that let his client confirm the basic facts of the supposed defamation under oath, Nick "blackface lawyer" something or other is a lawyer in a different state that hosts youtube video poo poo where talks about the case and is somehow involved in the gofundme fundraising for the case which I encourage all stupid people to donate to so the defendants can take that money when the anti-SLAPP lawsuit is finished.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Noted! Either way, I can’t look away, because I am a ghoulish voyeur

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Also black face lawyer has apparently never practiced law a single time as there's no record of him ever doing so anywhere.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Dreqqus posted:

It might be because of the awful part of the US I live in but I'm legit surprised when I run into folks who are nerdy that aren't weird chuds.

IMHO, the percentage of racist assholes among nerds is roughly that of the general population.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gynovore posted:

IMHO, the percentage of racist assholes among nerds is roughly that of the general population.

That has not been my experience, which is why there's an entire cottage industry built around reassuring nerds that there's no such thing as racism.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

Gynovore posted:

If I expand my view to online spaces this is true, but in here in good ol' Knoxville, TN that doesn't hold up at least not at the cons/stores I've been to.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Dreqqus posted:

If I expand my view to online spaces this is true, but in here in good ol' Knoxville, TN that doesn't hold up at least not at the cons/stores I've been to.

It's hard to gauge because the chud ones are often really loud and IME nerds' general social modes are either "way too open" or "DO NOT ENGAGE" so it's very likely there's non-rear end in a top hat nerds who are just desperately avoiding detection.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

That has not been my experience, which is why there's an entire cottage industry built around reassuring nerds that there's no such thing as racism.

I think you're severely underestimating how racist society in general is.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Skwirl posted:

I think you're severely underestimating how racist society in general is.

I can't deny there are tons of racists in both society and among nerds. Even the crown jewel of nerddom, Magic the Gathering, has a KKK reference slipped in.

My opinion was that among any given segment of the population, the ratio of CHUDs to normals among nerds is roughly equal to the ratio of CHUDs to normals among the general population.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Gynovore posted:

I can't deny there are tons of racists in both society and among nerds. Even the crown jewel of nerddom, Magic the Gathering, has a KKK reference slipped in.

Not so fun fact: that card is listed in WotC's index as card #1488 :yikes:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Michigan’s nerds are pretty cool for the most part. It’s more the older generation of nerds that produce the CHUD content of my local store.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

At my comic/game store we seem to import them. One night a friend was playing another dude down from Canada and one might imagine Canada to be vaguely left-leaning, but no, this dude was from Edmonton and was all about how it's a shame Trudeau was PM because Trump would have respected the old PM and he just seemed really apologetic his country was not as off the rails as the US.

This is extremely common here out west.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Also black face lawyer has apparently never practiced law a single time as there's no record of him ever doing so anywhere.

To be fair to blackface lawyer he has a total of 24 cases that have gone through the court system (One of the lawyers in the vic thread looked him up). Which is laughably small as he has been practicing for 4 years. And explains why he needs to make money from youtube streams.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ooof. Apparently TUG's wife Amanda (called 'Lola' for some reason some places) spent the day doxxing Renfamous' family's real names.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

Ooof. Apparently TUG's wife Amanda (called 'Lola' for some reason some places) spent the day doxxing Renfamous' family's real names.

See you start to feel bad for the wives and families of these guys, and then whoops turns out they're just as awful

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

mallratcal posted:

To be fair to blackface lawyer he has a total of 24 cases that have gone through the court system (One of the lawyers in the vic thread looked him up). Which is laughably small as he has been practicing for 4 years. And explains why he needs to make money from youtube streams.

Man I have like 24 cases going through the court to some degree every like 3 months having 6 cases a year is laughable.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Monaghan posted:

Man I have like 24 cases going through the court to some degree every like 3 months having 6 cases a year is laughable.

To be fair he operates out of a strip mall in a small town in Minnesota that has a population of 1,200. It's also got 7 churches, 3 gun stores, 2 liquor stores, and 4 bars.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Vince MechMahon posted:

To be fair he operates out of a strip mall in a small town in Minnesota that has a population of 1,200. It's also got 7 churches, 3 gun stores, 2 liquor stores, and 4 bars.

A minnesota town with more churches than bars?

What a nightmare

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

I hate to stereotype but man that really sounds just about right.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I hate to stereotype but man that really sounds just about right.

I'm from a different but similar town here in MN (higher population, only two bars and one liquor store, but at least a dozen churches) and it makes PERFECT sense.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm from a different but similar town here in MN (higher population, only two bars and one liquor store, but at least a dozen churches) and it makes PERFECT sense.

Is the town he's from fairly affluent? I've heard he comes from money, which could explain why he didn't pay attention in law school.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

mallratcal posted:

Is the town he's from fairly affluent? I've heard he comes from money, which could explain why he didn't pay attention in law school.

It's a town that exists only due to being on a lake and having touristy poo poo nearby. I wouldn't call it particularly well off. I've heard the name and used to see a girl from there, but it's not exactly a hot spot like the boundary waters are or anything.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Retro Futurist posted:

See you start to feel bad for the wives and families of these guys, and then whoops turns out they're just as awful

The situation became even more interesting. If TUG's wife did not remove all references to the names of her family and the family of somebody else, she was going to release pictures of TUG's wife. TUG's wife didn't, so Ren did. And let me tell you not to fat shame but for somebody who has spent I don't know how leading the charge that Ren looks like a giant aquatic sea mammal her house is very much made of glass to go throwing such stones.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Dawgstar posted:

And let me tell you not to fat shame but for somebody who has spent I don't know how leading the charge that Ren looks like a giant aquatic sea mammal her house is very much made of glass to go throwing such stones.

Come on, let's be better than this.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Archyduchess posted:

Come on, let's be better than this.

I feel it's fair to point out the hypocrisy, as long as it ends there.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The projection is real.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Soonmot posted:

I feel it's fair to point out the hypocrisy, as long as it ends there.

Being a hypocrite is bad, but what useful distinction does highlighting (negatively) a woman's weight have to do with anything else? Is there anyone conceivably on the fence about this guy who would be like, "well, I thought it was fine for him to mock women for their appearance before, but now that I know that his wife isn't hot to me the scales have fallen from my eyes"?

As someone who spent a long time recovering from an eating disorder, that kind of rhetorical move is never as harmless as it can feel. It still aligns fatness with shame, and imposes a moral rubric onto the body in a reactionary way.

I get that it's an extremely prevalent thing still-- unfortunately, overweight people are still fair game for ridicule in a lot of media, and the popular imagination still hews to outdated conflations of fatness and class decadence-- but I think an integral part of thinking and speaking in progressive and leftist spaces is interrogating our shared language and cutting out the parts that are no longer any good.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Comicsgate is tearing itself apart, a few of their main creators have abandoned ship. EVS is going to cling to it though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

E the Shaggy posted:

Comicsgate is tearing itself apart, a few of their main creators have abandoned ship. EVS is going to cling to it though.

EVS himself bailed on it for a minute last year didn't he?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Here's a more wholesome reason to make fun of TUG and his terrible family.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1155478955207667712?s=19

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The cops must think he's nuts if he's really filing police reports about stupid poo poo like this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He got called out for lying about police reports previously. $10 says he's lying yet again.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

He also lied about his wife having a medical emergency last night. While he was begging for money on a live stream. So either she didn't, or she did, and he just steamed instead of going to the hospital.

Starting to think maybe someone SHOULD get CPS involved here because this little girl's parents are lunatic grifters.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Archyduchess posted:

Being a hypocrite is bad, but what useful distinction does highlighting (negatively) a woman's weight have to do with anything else? Is there anyone conceivably on the fence about this guy who would be like, "well, I thought it was fine for him to mock women for their appearance before, but now that I know that his wife isn't hot to me the scales have fallen from my eyes"?

As someone who spent a long time recovering from an eating disorder, that kind of rhetorical move is never as harmless as it can feel. It still aligns fatness with shame, and imposes a moral rubric onto the body in a reactionary way.

I get that it's an extremely prevalent thing still-- unfortunately, overweight people are still fair game for ridicule in a lot of media, and the popular imagination still hews to outdated conflations of fatness and class decadence-- but I think an integral part of thinking and speaking in progressive and leftist spaces is interrogating our shared language and cutting out the parts that are no longer any good.

Which is why I said, "if it ends there".

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Rhyno posted:

He got called out for lying about police reports previously. $10 says he's lying yet again.

I mean, he lives in a small town, right? Assaulting mailboxes isn't really an uncommon hobby when you live out in the sticks and there's nothing better available. I can easily believe some local decided to knock that poo poo over for kicks.

ETA:

Soonmot posted:

Which is why I said, "if it ends there".

I feel like that's in the same general territory as "I'm not racist but"

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Quote is not edit

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
No, it would be like pointing out the CHUDs calling ilhan Omar racist are in fact, actually racist. Ultimately, I don't care, so I'm not gonna defend this anymore. I apologize if I made Archy uncomfortable.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If I spend several years calling a very normal looking woman fat and ugly then I better not be overweight and ugly myself. I am both of these things, by the way.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vince MechMahon posted:

He also lied about his wife having a medical emergency last night. While he was begging for money on a live stream. So either she didn't, or she did, and he just steamed instead of going to the hospital.

Starting to think maybe someone SHOULD get CPS involved here because this little girl's parents are lunatic grifters.

And isn't she pregnant? Like, several months in pregnancy and he's trying to round up money to go somewhere else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Skwirl posted:

Here's a more wholesome reason to make fun of TUG and his terrible family.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1155478955207667712?s=19

Is that duct tape?