Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

It's like when I've expanded my temporary shelter in Minecraft over and over until it's a sprawling mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Seems about right for Manassas. Awful, lovely structure for an awful lovely town.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Went to a social gathering hosted by my boss.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

First of May posted:

Someone hit up the window clearance sale at Home Depot.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
The story of the three five little dormers

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Zereth posted:

It's like when I've expanded my temporary shelter in Minecraft over and over until it's a sprawling mess.

It's a malignant house. Just growing and spreading and consuming the land around it with no regards for any sort of sane construction or design.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Guy Axlerod posted:

That's at least one panel. I'm sure there are more.

Unless that's just the door from a panel, and there's something else inside.

I like how this door opens into free space. I was thinking, why not have it open the other way so it's even with the floor, but thinking about it more I'm sure it's in the middle of the wall on the other side too.
I'm 90% certain that was an external door place that was consumed.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Youth Decay posted:

Words fail me in describing this masterpiece of crappy construction

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11621-Purse-Dr-Manassas-VA-20112/88020746_zpid/ The whole 104-photo gallery is ridiculous but here are some highlights

there are no parallel lines in this house

The only justification for the $529,000 price is that someone is going to tear it down and build a $2 million non-deathtrap house in its place, but I'd be worried about upsetting the Lovecraftian entity that probably lives here.
Siamese twin house, two houses that were joined together. This monstrosity probably still has two of everything like water and sewer lines, power lines, mailing addresses, mortgages, etc.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Load bearing baseboard heaters

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Man, imagine the fuse box for that place.

Actually don't, you may seriously damage your brain. Like trying to view a Great Old One.

I think you’re being wildly optimistic that they expanded the wiring at all, and didn’t just splice off of existing circuits.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Crotch Fruit posted:

Siamese twin house, two houses that were joined together. This monstrosity probably still has two of everything like water and sewer lines, power lines, mailing addresses, mortgages, etc.

I just didn't realise the house in 'What remains of Edith Finch?' was based on a real house.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Gunjin posted:

Seems about right for Manassas. Awful, lovely structure for an awful lovely town.

There are parts that are fine. I'd rather a Lovecraftian nightmare or two than endless rows of identical condo units.

Manassas is also the only place I've ever lived in NoVA where there wasn't an HOA.

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 26, 2019

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I want to see an honest to god homeowners insurance quote on that place. I assume "like kind and quality" repair on it would just be them ordering randomly off the homedepot website and leaving it in a pile.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

H110Hawk posted:

I want to see an honest to god homeowners insurance quote on that place. I assume "like kind and quality" repair on it would just be them ordering randomly off the homedepot website and leaving it in a pile.

They would hire that guy who biked by the yuppies' house in Toronto.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

MrYenko posted:

I think you’re being wildly optimistic that they expanded the wiring at all, and didn’t just splice off of existing circuits.

Allow me my non-euclidean dreams.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

NatasDog posted:

One of the houses I looked at before buying mine used to be a duplex that had been "renovated" back into a single family home. To accomplish this they opened up the wall between the living room and the hallway with the staircase that went to the second story unit. They must not have felt like moving the (admittedly very nicely done) old baseboard registers or redoing the flooring, so instead there is an 8 inch wide, 6 inch high step to mark where the wall used to be.

Another house had the second story hallway linen closet turned into a toilet. Not a bathroom, just a shitter inside a 24"x24" space with a door that you couldn't close once you sat down.

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

Youth Decay posted:

Words fail me in describing this masterpiece of crappy construction

I love that they have stained glass windows

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

First of May posted:

It's like a dormer version of those little stick figure families people stick on their cars.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NatasDog posted:

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

While you're probably right about some of that, there's definitely some in-camera distortion going on. I doubt that the door itself is narrower in the middle than it is at the ends, as it appears in the image.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Jaded Burnout posted:

While you're probably right about some of that, there's definitely some in-camera distortion going on. I doubt that the door itself is narrower in the middle than it is at the ends, as it appears in the image.

I want to believe. :colbert:

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Jaded Burnout posted:

With any other house I’d agree but I can completely accept that the person responsible for this house whipped out his belt sander and made a concave door to fit it into the funhouse mirror door frame he built

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Wait a second - what does that door chain hook up to?

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Zereth posted:

Yeah, I was gonna say it looks like my early Terraria bases, where one half is built out of rocks and dirt and basic wooden furniture. and the other half is built out of fancy rocks and dirt and none of the furniture matches anything.

there wolf posted:

The wall made out of old scotch crates seems exceptionally relevant.

I feel like this would be almost cool if it was done even remotely well. Like, if they had taken just five minutes to ensure their cuts were at 90 degree angles, or lined things up properly. Then again, I might just be tacky af.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wait a second - what does that door chain hook up to?

Was it supposed to keep someone out, or something in?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Dragonquest Builders (2) for PS4 is great if you're craving some old school village building.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bees on Wheat posted:

I feel like this would be almost cool if it was done even remotely well. Like, if they had taken just five minutes to ensure their cuts were at 90 degree angles, or lined things up properly. Then again, I might just be tacky af.

It could certainly look better, but the aesthetic reminds me too much of a the kind of try-hard, folksy bar that serves $15 cocktails out of an old factory.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

also it appears to be a wizard

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jul 27, 2019

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ok the door is :krad:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Okay, just going to drive my car into this garage on the right *SMASH*

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i want that door

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I want Gandalf holding a hand grenade on my door, but then nobody will want to :getin:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Synthbuttrange posted:

I pray that the light fixture spins so the foyer turns into a club with a wizard for the DJ.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Synthbuttrange posted:

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!
(related content - from the next block over)

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Yup, wizard door is dope.

Needs to be holding a bong though.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

What began as a single-wide mobile home is now something...more

load-bearing pergola

this looks extremely safe

I wonder what the neighbors in the trailer park think.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Youth Decay posted:

drat, I wish I had as cool a place as that guy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How on earth is that a mobile home?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Synthbuttrange posted:

How on earth is that a mobile home?

Wait till the tornado hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Youth Decay posted:

They're in the fancy trailer park now.