Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Daily reminder that there were large "don't log in" campaigns, thousands of bots no longer logging in, and eve is still experiencing record numbers because of the blackout.

:haw:
This is amazing I hope it stays permanent!

Today I decided to take advantage of the blackout to try and sneak some more blueprints into Stain. I figured its been going on for a while so it might end soon (though from the looks of things it might not!). I wanted to get some blueprints in when I still had the chance. There are two ways into Stain from Jita, one going through Goon space and one going through TEST space. Knowing that Goons have their poo poo together (and hearing about Bonsons in this thread :v:) I decided to take the TEST route. They were guarding their space as well, but no Titans. I think I got hit in the face by a smart bomb or something because I got bammed down to a sliver of structure. I survived though:

After that one hit I met no further resistance for 30+ jumps:

I was able to sneak in some great stuff. I neglected a bunch of basic stuff last time, but this time I remembered to bring everything. I brought some mining equipment, so I don't have to rely entirely on reprocessed rat loot for my minerals. I also managed to bring in a copy of my new capital construction parts, so I can make a ratting Thanatos :D I stupidly forgot to bring any fighter or capital module blueprints, but whatever building the carrier is a long term project. I can make another trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Did the SP giveways/triglav invasions/etc. overlap the blackout, and for how long? Kimsemus has a point, if there are multiple concurrent factors/incentives leading to increased logins and player activity that's cool and all, but looking at those increased AU metrics and attributing them solely to the blackout is wishful thinking at best, and that kind of math is right up CCP's alley

I do agree with Falcon on one point, asset safety was always stupid. If your space house with all your poo poo in it gets blown up, the poo poo in it should blow up too (or drop as loot)

Realpest
Jul 26, 2019

Jazzzzz posted:

Did the SP giveways/triglav invasions/etc. overlap the blackout, and for how long? Kimsemus has a point, if there are multiple concurrent factors/incentives leading to increased logins and player activity that's cool and all, but looking at those increased AU metrics and attributing them solely to the blackout is wishful thinking at best, and that kind of math is right up CCP's alley

I do agree with Falcon on one point, asset safety was always stupid. If your space house with all your poo poo in it gets blown up, the poo poo in it should blow up too (or drop as loot)

I agree with you on asset safety, they never put my crap in a safe place when I go boom.

At least do partial loss like wrecks, and give credit to the station killers......

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So what's the policy on a disgruntled person with the proper admin roles dumpstering a starbase with titans in it if they take away asset safety?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Permanent loss should only occur if you click the undock button

I’m all for permaloss but that’s a step too far

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
EVE hasn't really had many high-profile stories in the gaming news of late, and I'm sure Pearl Abyss has been reminding them of that.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Holyshoot posted:

How long until they cave because popular opinion is turning on them?

it's literally a false flag post posted by a goon

look at the post history

:bravo: you fooled reddit during dead timezone

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So what's the policy on a disgruntled person with the proper admin roles dumpstering a starbase with titans in it if they take away asset safety?

The policy is don't give untrustworthy people those admin roles. I think taking away asset safety from player structures would be brilliant (not NPC 0.0 station though, those are fine exactly how they are). It would be a great way to counter massive amounts of structure spam. It would also give a great incentive to actually go out an blow up some structures. Make 0.0 just like wormhole space! All of the interesting stories come from wormhole space. Nothing interesting happens in nullsec. Oh the Imperium went out with its titan fleet and clubbed some seals on the head? *yawn* Hark Knocks keepstar is destroyed and they lose trillians? Hell yea tell me more! :eyepop:

But Rutibex, everyone in EVE is a whiny baby and will just stay in lowsec where it is safe! Not likely, with all that yummy moon goo out there and a demand for T2 ships people will deploy structures in nullsec regardless of asset safety. No asset safety means you can't just pick up your keepstar and go home instead of fight a war. It also means massive trade hubs like 1DQ would become the greatest loot pinatas to ever exist in EVE.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 27, 2019

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Globby has reached max tinfoil hat and is now posting about deep state goon false flag Reddit posts.

What a time to be in eve

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

CainFortea posted:

Globby has reached max tinfoil hat and is now posting about deep state goon false flag Reddit posts.

What a time to be in eve

clearly the account posting goon anti-blackout talking points day in and day out up until recently is definitely 'one of us roamers/gankers' who has 'been loving blackout all along' except it's dead now

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

also these are lit

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

How did you generate those?

friendlyfire
Jun 2, 2003

Charmingly Indolent

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

How did you generate those?

Looks like Giphy (google it).

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The summary of that podcast I read seems pretty neat. 0.0 being safer than high sec is absolutely true. So is that fact that a lot of dudes in null should really be playing in lowsec (at best) but everything being min maxed to poo poo has allowed them to leak out into Karma or Horde or whatever.

Its also clear they are going to take a massive steaming dump on GSF as it exists now.

How is null safer? If you aren't in a Corp that's war decked and don't fly around in billion isk ships/cargo it's far safer. Go fly around in venal and see how "safe" you are without a nulli interceptor.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Falcon being all whiny about null being safer than high is some serious "grr goons are too good at this game" poo poo

then he follows it up by talking about removing asset safety, which would allow large groups to completely BTFO any small group that tries to engage in nullsec any time they want

o ok

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

Falcon being all whiny about null being safer than high is some serious "grr goons are too good at this game" poo poo

this has been a very prevalent meme since early eve

how true it is is up to debate

on one hand you know 100% of the time whenever you're at a risk of ship loss

otoh you have a response fleet that instantly kills any hostiles engaging you after 6-24 seconds

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ad by Khad posted:

then he follows it up by talking about removing asset safety, which would allow large groups to completely BTFO any small group that tries to engage in nullsec any time they want

o ok

he was a lowsec bitchboy for a long time before joining ccp, and he's still dumber than gently caress

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ad by Khad posted:

No its not. People bragged in this thread about Delve being safer than empire space all the time. Its not some poo poo that Falcon made up.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

if delve is safe, it is because people went to a lot of trouble making it that way

do you want player-empires in this game or not, pearl abyss?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ad by Khad posted:

if delve is safe, it is because people went to a lot of trouble making it that way

do you want player-empires in this game or not, pearl abyss?

It throws off the risk vs reward of the game. Nullsec space should never be safer than empire space, regardless of what the alliance that owns it does. It makes no in-lore sense that Delve has mineral composition like the virgin outer rim yet has more mining activity than any system in empire space. CCP should make the minerals in Delve only spawn Veldspar, and the Bloodraider rats should be restricted to frigates (because goons blew up all of their high bounty battleships). This would reflect the fact that Delve has become just as safe as The Forge.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

loving Chad Mineral rich Asteroid fields

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Jazzzzz posted:

Yes, but this will absolutely drive down active subs, and encourage people who win eve to never, ever come back. For instance, I took a couple year break, and if I had come back to literally all my stuff being gone because goons were evicted fro Deklein, I would not have resubed—ever.

Now people say, “but wormholes1!!1!,” but people:

1. Knew what they were getting into from the outset; and

2. Never move all of their stuff to w space for that very reason.

Also, if null sec space houses drop all your loot, null sec alliances will stop using them and go back to living out of NPC stations.

Rutibex posted:

Make 0.0 just like wormhole space! All of the interesting stories come from wormhole space. Nothing interesting happens in nullsec. Oh the Imperium went out with its titan fleet and clubbed some seals on the head? *yawn* Hark Knocks keepstar is destroyed and they lose trillians? Hell yea tell me more! :eyepop:

Uh... what interesting stories come out of wormhole space, other than “this small corp encountered another small, corp, and there was a fight between, maybe 20 people!”

I mean, of course, other than a null sec bloc going into a wormhole, doing null sec things, like popping the keepstar—without too much effort—of one of the most powerful w space entities?

Literally, w space isn’t any more “interesting” than low sec. gently caress, the fights over high sec Freeport’s are more interesting to gaming media than what goes on in w space.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 27, 2019

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

Also, if null sec space houses drop all your loot, null sec alliances will stop using them and go back to living out of NPC stations.

NPC stations don't mine moon goo for you. Good luck with that

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Rutibex posted:

NPC stations don't mine moon goo for you. Good luck with that

Yeah, either do keepstars. This is what I am saying, people/null sec alliances will base out of NPC stations. Not the same as they won’t pop down moon goo extractors.

I do not know if you live in null sec or not, but people typically do not base out of/put all their stuff in Athanors.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Rutibex posted:

It throws off the risk vs reward of the game. Nullsec space should never be safer than empire space, regardless of what the alliance that owns it does. It makes no in-lore sense that Delve has mineral composition like the virgin outer rim yet has more mining activity than any system in empire space. CCP should make the minerals in Delve only spawn Veldspar, and the Bloodraider rats should be restricted to frigates (because goons blew up all of their high bounty battleships). This would reflect the fact that Delve has become just as safe as The Forge.

then goons will move

maybe to your lovely rat's nest in stain?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

02:25 - Hilmar: "We're actually experiencing right now in the month of July, MAU and DAU the highest it's ever been in the last five years" - (DAU/MAU = Daily/Monthly active users).

34:35 - CCP Falcon - the MER for July and August will look very bizarre due to the Blackout. Even when you filter out the login campaign from the data, it's incredible to see activity is still there. ISK generated from bounties is down massively, but that player activity is still there it has just shifted to other activities as players have adapted. We believe blackout has a been a enormous success.

1:35:20 - Falcon And if you're not willing to go out into nullsec and take a risk then you don't belong in nullsec. you should move back to empire if you want to mine in safety. Lawless space should have risk.

1:44:30 - Falcon We spoon feed too much information. Living in nullsec is currently safer than living in highsec in the right area.

1:46:50 - Falcon We should kill asset safety, I believe if you put something down into space, if it gets destroyed it's gone.
'
Daily reminder that there were large "don't log in" campaigns, thousands of bots no longer logging in, and eve is still experiencing record numbers because of the blackout.

As I said before -- CCP tainted their own sample. They overlapped the blackout with daily login (SP!) bonuses that were insanely high given what they've tossed to players in the past, triglav invasions, and they've conflated people logging in with activity, whereas DOTLAN, by the metrics we're able to track, refutes a lot of those assumptions.

There might have been a burst of activity at first partly because of blackout, but almost every measure is proving that as unsustainable now as people have adapted (read: not actually doing anything in space).

The asset safety removal argument is also stupid -- that has never been a thing in EVE. Save for wormholes, for the last decade and a half it was known that stations were safe in terms of you wouldn't lose your poo poo if you went AFK and the station blew up. I know wormholes function differently but they were designed with that in mind, and were also never supposed to be for permanent habitation, but citadels and poo poo like tripwire changed that. As far as null being "more safe" than empire? Well CCP themselves have hosed that dog. Blackout, combined with no balance whatsoever around cov ops, interdiction nullification, and similar mechanics ensured that. Plus all the other poo poo the last 50 pages have talked about wrt super proliferation, etc. If null wasn't supposed to be safer than empire (in some cases) then CCP hosed that up themselves hard, but they'll never admit it.

I don't know how that makes nullsec "more dangerous" at all -- it just makes it more punishing for casual players, you know, the ones EVE is already driving off to the detriment of the game.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jul 27, 2019

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZombieLenin posted:

Yeah, either do keepstars. This is what I am saying, people/null sec alliances will base out of NPC stations. Not the same as they won’t pop down moon goo extractors.

I do not know if you live in null sec or not, but people typically do not base out of/put all their stuff in Athanors.

Like 80% of 0.0 space is not within jump range of any NPC station. Its going to be a really empty universe if even the mighty Imperium is too afraid to use any of these systems. Oh well I guess that leaves the door open for people with a bit more courage?

Ad by Khad posted:

then goons will move

maybe to your lovely rat's nest in stain?

:eyepop:
Nooooo, stay out of Stain! I haven't swept the floors, its a mess. You don't want to come here.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 27, 2019

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Lmao from the guy who brought you "logging into Jabber once a year is too much commitment," the Eve thread is happy to present "players shouldn't be allowed to protect themselves in null because protecting your people makes null too safe"

Hot take: Delve is only safer than high sec for goons. It's definitely not safer than high sec for not-goons.

The danger of null comes from the fact that you can be dropped on at any time. That goes for miners, and it also goes for hunters and roaming gangs. Delve is the most dangerous for those latter ones because in Delve you might get dropped on by hundreds of titans.

Don't like the risk? Go back to empire space, pubbie trash.

People saying Delve is "too safe" are actually just upset that they don't get to kill the people who live in Delve. Sorry we're better and take care of our people.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Glass Syndicate, retake our ancestral home.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Micromancer posted:

Glass Syndicate, retake our ancestral home.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
They shouldn’t get rid of asset safety but they should prob remove it from Astras. Everyone’s equating then to stations like they aren’t basically the POS replacement.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

i didn't mind syndicate when i was in groon. more open layout than deklein without being as confusing as haunted house delve

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rutibex posted:

Nullsec space should never be safer than empire space, regardless of what the alliance that owns it does.

Removing sandbox from sandbox game. You're very smart.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea posted:

Removing sandbox from sandbox game. You're very smart.

You are right, I take it back. In should be possible to turn 0.0 into empire space, but that should also result in all of the minerals and rat bounties becoming similar to empire space. Why would the Blood Raiders stay in Delve when they are being farmed like cattle? And with the amount of mining going on there should be nothing but Veldspar left.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rutibex posted:

You are right, I take it back. In should be possible to turn 0.0 into empire space, but that should also result in all of the minerals and rat bounties becoming similar to empire space. Why would the Blood Raiders stay in Delve when they are being farmed like cattle? And with the amount of mining going on there should be nothing but Veldspar left.

we're reaching levels of retarded posting that shouldn't be possible

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

^^^^ I'm the idiot for engaging.

Rutibex posted:

So, instead of just removing the sandbox effect, now you want to punish players for playing in it. k.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea posted:

^^^^ I'm the idiot for engaging.

So, instead of just removing the sandbox effect, now you want to punish players for playing in it. k.

This is exactly the kind of stuff the devs were talking about in that podcast, so get ready. Right now there is an insane system which makes nullsec more valuable the more it is exploited. For some reason space pirates really love getting blown up, so they make sure to put more of their fleets in areas where they can be blown up faster! Also minerals never deplete, in fact the more you mine them the more they respawn. That makes no sense at all, its dumb as hell. It also encourages alliances to turtle up and fortify, and also never expand. This is why gently caress all happens on the sovereignty map these days.

If fortifying and exploiting space made it less valuable it would make for a much more dynamic sandbox. The more you fortify an area and mine the basic minerals the more it becomes like empire space. You still need to hold this space (because of the moon goo) but it becomes less and less valuable for people to use for ratting as the pirates get driven out. This encourages alliances to spread out their activities. They need a central area for moon mining and safety, but they also need to maintain some frontier territory if they want the rare belt minerals and high rat bounties. Eventually alliances that are too large for their area will fully deplete it and be forced to conquer new areas to maintain their economics.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

goons could adapt to that dumb idea just fine though. delve only has veld now? o ok, there's a great big empty universe that can be exploited instead

what are you gonna do, stop them?

Rutibex posted:

Eventually alliances that are too large for their area will fully deplete it and be forced to conquer new areas to maintain their economics.

how many groups in the game do you think could do this

is your answer "one"? it should be

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Rutibex posted:

If fortifying and exploiting space made it less valuable it would make for a much more dynamic sandbox.

Most of the time I genuinely can't tell if you are serious or trolling.

If that's not trolling, then this is :reddit: levels of stupidity. If fortifying space made it less valuable, then why would anyone in their right mind live there and fortify it?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ad by Khad posted:

goons could adapt to that dumb idea just fine though. delve only has veld now? o ok, there's a great big empty universe that can be exploited instead

what are you gonna do, stop them?

how many groups in the game do you think could do this

is your answer "one"? it should be

Yeah exactly, but in this new system Goons would actually have to hold onto this new space and the old space. No asset safety means you can't just pick up all of your Keepstars and move shop whenever you feel like it. Right now when goons go to "war" they just blow up some Keepstars then go home, leaving the previous occupants of the space to move back in. Nothing changes! But if the horde had to move on and consume areas like a cloud of locusts those previous occupants would have to find somewhere else to live. Much more dynamic and interesting.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Most of the time I genuinely can't tell if you are serious or trolling.

If that's not trolling, then this is :reddit: levels of stupidity. If fortifying space made it less valuable, then why would anyone in their right mind live there and fortify it?!?

The Moon goo makes the space valuable. Ratting and basic minerals and moon goo do not all have to be equally valuable at all times. Maybe if you want local chat (so you can protect your moon goo mining) you need to install a system wide module that decreases rat bounties a lot. And ratting a lot will also decrease the bounties over time. The same with mining anomalies. It would work exactly like the NPC empires, you would need to maintain a safe core for your big industrial activities and a "lowsec" peripheral area with good bounties and minerals.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 27, 2019