Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

I'm on team carpet, how else would it be wrapped around the stairs

It's rolled on like paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Powershift posted:

It's rolled on like paint.

Oh, weird, I thought it was a monolithic slab pour type thing. I'll concede it's almost certainly that then

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
There's a grey base coat, then they sprinkle those black and white chips at the end of the process. It's something you can diy but this is definitely diwhy.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nocheez posted:

There's a grey base coat, then they sprinkle those black and white chips at the end of the process. It's something you can diy but this is definitely diwhy.

FYI the diy variety always suck and wear off in a few years, I got it done professionally afterwards and it’s amazing. Those speckles get all the gently caress over everything in the garage though. I think they use a spray machine for even coverage vs tossing it on the ground like I did lol. Pricey though.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Didn’t run the light!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

So is fault determined by maritime law?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Burt Sexual posted:

Didn’t run the light!

Well, the boat did.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Well, the boat did.

Clearly not!

But just lol at the shitshow of having to hire a crane in an active intersection and all that entails bc you didn’t attach tie downs. That’s poo poo I do with my Atv much less a multi ton boat.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nth Doctor posted:

So is fault determined by maritime law?

Does the flag in court have a gold fringe?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFimb_7vJOE

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

Clearly not!

But just lol at the shitshow of having to hire a crane in an active intersection and all that entails bc you didn’t attach tie downs. That’s poo poo I do with my Atv much less a multi ton boat.

What would be the bigger hazard for the crane - the traffic, the power lines, or Davy Jones looking to stake his claim?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Smackdillion posted:

If you manage to oops into snapping a 3/4" galvanized pipe you are probably deserving of what you get. Even if the valve were on the line is capped. That gas line is a total non-issue.

Normally I'd agree, but that thing's been set up as to give you a nice fat handle for leverage if you bungle into it. Not the smartest installation.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

South Korea continues the fine tradition set by the Sampoong Department Store

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/PYH20190727049100320

quote:

Two people were killed and 17 others, including foreign athletes competing at the FINA World Championships, were injured when a loft in a nightclub collapsed in Gwangju, South Korea, early Saturday morning, the South Korean news agency Yonhap reported.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

perfect aim

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

What would be the bigger hazard for the crane - the traffic, the power lines, or Davy Jones looking to stake his claim?

Davy Jones will have his due, next time this guy goes to a boat ramp. He’ll sink the truck though, in true Qualified Captain fashion as the boat floats smugly above.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwzPs2ilZFf/?igshid=1x6a4sekfgq7e

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

The driver of the Jeep was not seriously injured:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0WKnCphXb1/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I have seen tires loose 3 times in my life, all on I-77 but in 3 different states. It's always terrifying because tires and wheels are so heavy and have so much energy when they come loose. I still don't know how bad the wreck was in WV because the opposite side of the highway was way down the hill from the car that lost it. There's no way it missed all the traffic.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Icon Of Sin posted:

Davy Jones will have his due, next time this guy goes to a boat ramp. He’ll sink the truck though, in true Qualified Captain fashion as the boat floats smugly above.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwzPs2ilZFf/?igshid=1x6a4sekfgq7e

lmao the bodie bro voices

yeh yer trucks gan bahd

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SelenicMartian posted:

South Korea continues the fine tradition set by the Sampoong Department Store

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/PYH20190727049100320

Not even close to the worst thing that's happened in a South Korean nightclub this year.

An "Idol" for one of the biggest boy groups Korea's ever produced ran a rape/torture dungeon out of his private club

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

12'3":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZksnHLyJ_Cw

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Not even close to the worst thing that's happened in a South Korean nightclub this year.

An "Idol" for one of the biggest boy groups Korea's ever produced ran a rape/torture dungeon out of his private club

Somehow, that was the first I'd ever heard of Club Burning Sun. Jesus Christ, that's some nasty poo poo.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

steady as she goes

Burt Sexual posted:

Can't you just raise the water level?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Nenonen posted:

Just leave it and wait for global warming

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nenonen posted:

steady as she goes

or lower the road.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Would be much safer to use 2 :eng101:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Powershift posted:

Would be much safer to use 2 :eng101:

No it wouldn't.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM.... I'm actually NOT bothered by this avatar
this is just driving all the grime deep into the filter's folds where you can't see it, right

https://i.imgur.com/UU53mp9.mp4

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Nah, most of it is getting carried away with the water and aerosolized, so the person doing this can breath it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sagebrush posted:

this is just driving all the grime deep into the filter's folds where you can't see it, right

https://i.imgur.com/UU53mp9.mp4

Not really, I used to do that with a regular garden hose. Mostly the grime flows to the bottom and comes out there.

It's still a real bitch to get out cleaned properly though. The big pieces get stuck where those center bands are.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It would probably be better to spray the water from the inside.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
What is what thing? An air filter? And why is it osha?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

deoju posted:

What is what thing? An air filter? And why is it osha?
Pool filter, and I don't know.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I use an air compressor on my dust filters.

With a mask of course, which probably excludes my example from this thread, but too late!

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

hambeet posted:

With a mask of course, which probably excludes my example from this thread, but too late!

No mention of eye pro, so you're good.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I just whack mine against a tree until the shop vac is able to suck again.

:quagmire:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

My Spirit Otter posted:

No mention of eye pro, so you're good.

True! I just sort of squint and turn my head.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

hambeet posted:

Why not vacuum it (gently with a brush head to not fail the filter)?

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Thank goodness the fluttering of that full size US flag created the resistance that just kept that tire far back enough from their head to prevent any damage. Or that it was an indicator that the person's head was a good crush zone. Either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Blindeye posted:

Why not vacuum it (gently with a brush head to not fail the filter)?

The dust filter is from the vacuum :eng101: