Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

The Islanders select Mikkel Boedker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
lazerwolf until 12PM EST
FBS
Kuule hain nussivan
JawKnee
Kilza

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Vegas selects Roope Hintz

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hintz is a good pick. I was all set to take him before the ghost of the KHL came into me.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

lazerwolf posted:

Vegas selects Roope Hintz

I refuse to believe this is a real name

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

eXXon posted:

Just don't pick a coach who cares about D handedness.

So move one down to the third pairing. Still a great defensive four.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

If I'm correct then:

FBS is skipped
Kuule hain nussivan
is up
JawKnee
Kilza

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Yes. FBS is skipped. Kuule hain nussivan has until 3:19 PM EST.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

The Avalanche pick Tony DeAngelo, who should be a good addition to the second pair. Hopefully he won't be making a gazillion bucks soon.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

The Canucks are going to select Alex Edler, reasoning to follow when I'm not just about to lose cell signal

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Ps: thx Fits

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

After carefully weighing out my options, I have decided to select Colin White to be my 2nd line RW. He showed remarkable improvement this season on the worst team in the league, so he ought to be a solid top 6 producer moving forward.

Nyquist - Monahan - Wheeler
x - Trocheck - White

Hedman - Petry
x - Miller

Raanta

Next up:
Drunk Canuck (until 3:47 PM EST)
Jonathan Fisk
stab
WeaponX
VOTE1

Skipped:
FBS

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

KINGS take RW Josh Bailey

next up is Jonathan Fisk
stab
WeaponX

skipped FBS

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dustin Brown is not as washed up as he looked a few years ago, and in fact has a surprisingly high point production rate over the past two years. Add that to his all-around solid underlying possession metrics and general pest behavior and he's a perfect alternate captain.

After doing some scrambling this is what I'm rolling with atm. Subject to change.

Perron - Giroux - Horvat (Giroux takes faceoffs, Horvat takes zone responsibilities)
Keller - Getzlaf - Brown

Dahlin - Pesce
McDonagh - X

stab>WeaponX>VOTE1

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 27, 2019

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Wanna hear a funny joke? The Ducks select Adam Larsson.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Mr. stab is at a festival this weekend. His instructions for me:

- Select Marc-Edouard Vlasic with his first choice
- Gaze glamorously at his defense core because who the gently caress needs to pay attention to the cap anyway:

Carlson-Byfuglien
Hanifin-Vlasic

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
WeaponX (until 5:47 PM EST)
VOTE1
i am the bird
El Gallinero Gros
Yaya

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

With the 269th overall pick the San Jose Sharks select Ryan Dzingel

sorry I hosed that up for a second, thought he was gone!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Kilza posted:

After carefully weighing out my options, I have decided to select Colin White to be my 2nd line RW. He showed remarkable improvement this season on the worst team in the league, so he ought to be a solid top 6 producer moving forward.

poo poo.

Good pick.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
i am the bird (until 8:13 PM EST)
El Gallinero Gros
Yaya
mentholmoose
Zodijackylite

Skipped:
VOTE1

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

When were we planning on adjusting to an hour per pick? If it's up in the air, I vote Round 12.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

You cant skip me!

Jets select Brenden Dillon

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Jonathan Fisk posted:

When were we planning on adjusting to an hour per pick? If it's up in the air, I vote Round 12.

Never coward.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jonathan Fisk posted:

We've made 270 picks and counting in roughly 2 weeks and everybody's still around. At this rate we'll finish at the end of August. I think we're fine to leave the window as 2 hours throughout.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
We always shift to one-hour windows towards the end when the available talent starts mirroring each other and we all just want to finish. Round 12 is too early for that but we'll keep tabs on it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

smh at not fitting in the all time draft this summer too

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I mean, we could definitely go super fast if everybody was on the Discord server and we could just @ them relentlessly when their turn came up. :v: Anyways, more skipping.

Next up:
El Gallinero Gros (until 10:13 AM EST)
Yaya
mentholmoose
Zodijackylite
Boomer the Cannon

Skipped:
i am the bird

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Calgary selects Left Winger Jimmy Vesey

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Jonathan Fisk posted:

im not a magician

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I haven't picked a LW yet so I'll be the one who takes Zach Parise's albatross contract, I suppose.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

No one @'d me when my pick came up :,(

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Jonathan Fisk posted:

We'll do the all time next summer when there's a lockout.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Drunk Canuck posted:

No one @'d me when my pick came up :,(

you're invisible all the time! (i'll do it from now on)

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Ok I'm gonna take James van Riemsdyk. Should be a pretty good goal scorer on the second line and power play.

Marchand-Couturier-Konecny
JVR-Galchenyuk-?

Werenski-McAvoy
Spurgeon-?

Rinne

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

mentholmoose posted:

Ok I'm gonna take James van Riemsdyk. Should be a pretty good goal scorer on the second line and power play.

Marchand-Couturier-Konecny
JVR-Galchenyuk-?

Werenski-McAvoy
Spurgeon-?

Rinne

drat, was hoping he'd been missed somehow and I could grab him for my third line

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

JawKnee posted:

drat, was hoping he'd been missed somehow and I could grab him for my third line

Nah, if he made it back to me I would've taken him.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

JawKnee posted:

The Canucks are going to select Alex Edler, reasoning to follow when I'm not just about to lose cell signal

6 hours of driving sucks

Edler is old. His cap hit kind of sucks but I've got the space for it and 2 years isn't terrible. He's also pretty good at putting up points and when he's paired with someone who can cover for his (admittedly only occasional) bonehead drop-passes to no-one or pinches when he really shouldn't.

The biggest problem for him is staying healthy. I'm gonna need a solid 70+ games out of him and that might not be doable. But if he can, then he's still a legit top-line defenseman

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Didn't think it would swing back to me so quickly.

Detroit takes bonafide first line right winger Craig Smith I guess?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

i am the bird posted:

20 goals ain't nothing to scoff at in this round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

i am the bird posted:

Craig Smith is cool and good despite his somewhat advanced age and at this point in the draft he is a great choice.