Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Like, 1/10 of posts referencing violence today have made Uniriginal Name’s point, which is a good point. Some of you other guys are putting out some real mixed signals. Which is fine, or everybody needs to agree with each other, but it’s hard to blame a little lost institutionalist for being a bit confused about why everybody is always yelling at him.

E: oh my god, worst snipe of my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Marxalot posted:

Didn't want to quote a specific post because I'm more or less addressing the past page or two. So, what's the gimmick here? The gist I'm getting is that better things aren't possible, people don't want better things, the media isn't at fault for this, and nothing can be done about it for the next several decades until ~demographics~ changing will somehow nullify capital's influence on politics and the media.

So what's the game plan dude? Because this is one dark as gently caress worldview.

Like I said in an earlier post, people like KingNastidon are motivated by a personal distaste for (what they perceive to be) immaturity and stupidity on the part of the left. They think the left is immature and stupid because they exhibit stronger distaste for mainstream Democratic politicians than they believe is reasonable. They believe this distaste is unreasonable because they've grown up surrounded by a society and media who make them think the mainstream positions of the Democratic Party are fundamentally acceptable and reasonable, even if they might not be perfect. That this isn't really logically coherent is irrelevant; it's all basically driven by a gut feeling on their part that the left must be bad and/or dumb (because to acknowledge otherwise would reflect poorly on their own feelings and choices).

kidkissinger posted:

It's a weird thing to post in a thread where no one is going to do that anyway tbh

Yeah, posts like that are basically like the sort of gaslighting where someone tries to cast someone else's feelings as being "worrying" and a mental health issue.

Mukaikubo posted:

Oh do kindly gently caress off. I was a state delegate for Bernie in 2016 and volunteered for him and phonebanked. I'm going to vote for him again. I'm going to volunteer for him again, because I think he's the best candidate running. Whenever I volunteer for him in real life, the other Bernie supporters I meet are generally the kindest, best people I interact with on a weekly basis. This thread, by contrast, is a cesspit of race-to-the-bottom shitposting and irony poisoning. :) I don't usually post here much because this entire thread and possibly entire subforum is an useless toilet bowl, and every time I break my own rule, I always regret it.

You don't get to come in and insinuate that other people are mentally ill and might literally kill other people and then act offended when people react poorly to that.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mukaikubo posted:

Oh do kindly gently caress off. I was a state delegate for Bernie in 2016 and volunteered for him and phonebanked. I'm going to vote for him again. I'm going to volunteer for him again, because I think he's the best candidate running. Whenever I volunteer for him in real life, the other Bernie supporters I meet are generally the kindest, best people I interact with on a weekly basis. This thread, by contrast, is a cesspit of race-to-the-bottom shitposting and irony poisoning. :) I don't usually post here much because this entire thread and possibly entire subforum is an useless toilet bowl, and every time I break my own rule, I always regret it.

Bernie owns, and you don't.

Also Nancy Pelosi must resign.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

joepinetree posted:

gee, I wonder why this thread is a cesspit

Could it be all the substance free meta bullshit?

It's you, actually.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I've been letting white noise and shitposting and insults slide a lot, but the thread's gotten pretty bad lately, so I'm going to start cracking down as of right now. Try to rein it in a little more, and if you can't, go to the dedicated shitposting subforum and shitpost all you want there.

Also, two reminders: the minimum probation length in this thread is 3 days, and the Sanders/Warren debate is 3 days away.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

edit: Editing out post to end the derail since I saw Main Paineframe's post.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Are insults against the rules now?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I aked three months ago if US dem fuckheads are still not wanting to select Bernie and everyone was like "if he's still polling below Biden in August I'll be worried", so, is he?

I have the feeling he is, but I genuinely dunno.

I wouldn't even mind too much if America didn't have such an outsize influence on the rest of us humans.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I still feel Biden in the lead is rigged or misunderstood polling.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Unoriginal Name posted:

Are insults against the rules now?

No more so than anywhere else in D&D.

If you make a good and content-rich post and then call someone an rear end in a top hat at the end, I probably won't care. If the sole content of your post is poo poo-slinging and insults, you're just causing trouble and starting slapfights.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Gatts posted:

I still feel Biden in the lead is rigged or misunderstood polling.

he's got a lot of name recognition and sort of an incumbent advantage

that lead has been steadily dropping though

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Polls are meaningless. Especially with this many candidates. What matters is who can get their voters out to vote. And that's gonna be Bernie.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Private Speech posted:

I aked three months ago if US dem fuckheads are still not wanting to select Bernie and everyone was like "if he's still polling below Biden in August I'll be worried", so, is he?

I have the feeling he is, but I genuinely dunno.

I wouldn't even mind too much if America didn't have such an outsize influence on the rest of us humans.

I thought we agreed that it wasn't time to panic until Biden was king poo poo in November.

It takes more than one public rear end kicking to take out Biden. Not even he's bad enough to kill himself in one go.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Gripweed posted:

Polls are meaningless. Especially with this many candidates. What matters is who can get their voters out to vote. And that's gonna be Bernie.

Polls clearly matter since David Sirota will cherrypick and boost whatever results are favorable to Bernie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

LinYutang posted:

Polls clearly matter since David Sirota will cherrypick and boost whatever results are favorable to Bernie.

You want to boost anything positive about your candidate. Whether or not they're meaningful doesn't matter

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

David Sirota is a g*ddamn rear end in a top hat. I know I'm hard on Bernie stans, but Sirota deserves it all and more.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
E

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

Also, two reminders: the minimum probation length in this thread is 3 days, and the Sanders/Warren debate is 3 days away.

Is that actually true? Seems like some people only get 6hr probes and others get longer.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I haven't seen any sixers in this thread that didn't get upgraded to 3+ days once an admin was available

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

VitalSigns posted:

I haven't seen any sixers in this thread that didn't get upgraded to 3+ days once an admin was available

This is indeed the limiting factor. There are long punishments presently queued for this thread, but until an admin arrives they are but tears in the rain.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

This is indeed the limiting factor. There are long punishments presently queued for this thread, but until an admin arrives they are but tears in the rain.

Ah word, just seemed weird since FAU has already hit the longer hammer on more recent posts but there are older posts that didn't get hit.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Trabisnikof posted:

Ah word, just seemed weird since FAU has already hit the longer hammer on more recent posts but there are older posts that didn't get hit.

At the risk of chasing this derail, it depends on the user. Admins can hit approve all or approve on an individual basis for stuff. There’s also user error - for example, MP queued a month punishment at my request for today for something I meant to queue last night but forgot. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008
Forum becomes very quite as all queued probations are initiated simultaneously. Calibanibal, the only soul to escape the massacre, posts at themselves for three days.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

like randi I’m putting a moratorium on jo healing crystals in this thread

They’re minerals!

Jesus Christ, Marianne.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Berke Negri posted:

he's got a lot of name recognition and sort of an incumbent advantage

that lead has been steadily dropping though
Yes and during the next debate it’s probably going to drop more since he will be piled on again

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes and during the next debate it’s probably going to drop more since he will be piled on again

I actually don’t agree with this, I think people will set their expectations low and he’ll skate by. We’ve seen this in the past with people like Romney and Trump who got free rides in their later debates because people no longer expected much of them.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lightning Knight posted:

I actually don’t agree with this, I think people will set their expectations low and he’ll skate by. We’ve seen this in the past with people like Romney and Trump who got free rides in their later debates because people no longer expected much of them.

agreed, he's already set things badly with his 'NO MORE MR NICE GUY' poo poo, so everyone's already expecting grandpa joe to be a feisty idiot.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

It’s incredibly early though, this is only the 2nd debate. The field is also enormous so there is a high probability that candidates will go after who is currently leading (Biden) to get attention.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s incredibly early though, this is only the 2nd debate. The field is also enormous so there is a high probability that candidates will go after who is currently leading (Biden) to get attention.

Oh for sure. To clarify I think Biden will lose support but probably won’t have another spectacular flame out like debate 1. Probably more slow bleed.

On the other hand maybe he’ll prove me wrong and say a racial slur on stage. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

plus as the party's de facto pick for the time being the goal is papering over his obvious shortcomings and running out the clock on the primary. it remains to be seen how much will is left for that given it's not quite the same coronation scenario 2016 was and there's multiple acceptable alternatives

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

have you considered the fact that biden is so loving stupid that he decided to defend his record on busing even when given an out by his opponent in 20 goddamn 19

the dude is going to find the one argument that will somehow alienate every single member of the entire political spectrum and then rant endlessly about it.

Like, say: "The president is a dirty draft dodger so we should reintroduce the draft so that young american men can learn some civic pride!"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh for sure. To clarify I think Biden will lose support but probably won’t have another spectacular flame out like debate 1. Probably more slow bleed.

On the other hand maybe he’ll prove me wrong and say a racial slur on stage. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I genuinely hope he drops a slur so old timey nobody even realizes knows who it's referring to

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

A big flaming stink posted:

have you considered the fact that biden is so loving stupid that he decided to defend his record on busing even when given an out by his opponent in 20 goddamn 19

the dude is going to find the one argument that will somehow alienate every single member of the entire political spectrum and then rant endlessly about it.

Like, say: "The president is a dirty draft dodger so we should reintroduce the draft so that young american men can learn some civic pride!"
I mean Beto a month ago decided that it would be an awesome idea to institute a ‘war tax’ that everyone would pay except THE TROOPS so you never know

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Lightning Knight posted:

i dunno about that

remember, he promised not to be nice to kamala this time

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

sexpig by night posted:

agreed, he's already set things badly with his 'NO MORE MR NICE GUY' poo poo, so everyone's already expecting grandpa joe to be a feisty idiot.

No, I think even most of the people who watch debates aren't politics obsessed enough to have taken notice of that weird little story. And the ones who did are probably like, "oh boy, uncle Biden gonna give the sass like during his debate with Paul Ryan!"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/PatTheBerner/status/1154989316206055424?s=20

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Condiv posted:

i dunno about that

remember, he promised not to be nice to kamala this time

Yeah, I suspect he'll telegraph a really clumsy attack on her, trip over his own feet, and suffer for it. All while the Booker and the various no-hopers pigpile him in attempts to get The One Zinger of the night.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Main Paineframe posted:

I've been letting white noise and shitposting and insults slide a lot, but the thread's gotten pretty bad lately, so I'm going to start cracking down as of right now. Try to rein it in a little more, and if you can't, go to the dedicated shitposting subforum and shitpost all you want there.

Sanders/Warren debate. Oh please. They are going to go so easy on each other. He needs to point out how piss poor her solutions are.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Judakel posted:

Sanders/Warren debate. Oh please. They are going to go so easy on each other. He needs to point out how piss poor her solutions are.

You're gonna be disappointed. I doubt Bernie would even go hard at Biden. He's going to hug Warren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Yeah I think Bernie's cowardice will overcome his hatred for Warren. He'll keep the dagger sheathed and just stick with the tired stump speech