Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
is it bad if i've been neglecting growing lorenz then, if he gets a paralogue with busted poo poo for me in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You don't remotely have to have them battle, just attach them to the support or just keep making them eat lunch together.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Endorph posted:

lmao why does that rankedboost site already have a tier list and why is lysithea in f tier, she oneshots everything in the game

They just use that well-known and highly respected method of tiering known as “adding their stats together.”

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

is it bad if i've been neglecting growing lorenz then, if he gets a paralogue with busted poo poo for me in it

It just makes you a bad teacher undeserving their license

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Zoran posted:

They just use that well-known and highly respected method of tiering known as “adding their stats together.”

Yea she’s an extreme glass cannon but boy it’s an extremely effective one. If they ever release a harder mode she would be pretty low tier but at this point it’s pretty silly.

Edit: Probably good advice for everyone is do whatever the hell you want. From what I have seen so far min maxing doesn’t need to be a consideration so stop agonizing over every decision.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 28, 2019

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

But desperation exists in this game.

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Whoever said Cyril is the Donnel of this game wasn't kidding, either I'm lucky or his growths are just that good, what are they feeding this kid?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So where the gently caress is the library? I'm just past the first mock battle so maybe it's not unlocked yet but one of these drat teenagers with attitude told me to go read a book.

also where did Dorothea's bra go

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chocolate Bunny posted:

Whoever said Cyril is the Donnel of this game wasn't kidding, either I'm lucky or his growths are just that good, what are they feeding this kid?
Check his personal skill, he has a +20% to every growth. Of course his actual growths without that skill are pretty mediocre.

Nessus posted:

So where the gently caress is the library? I'm just past the first mock battle so maybe it's not unlocked yet but one of these drat teenagers with attitude told me to go read a book.
It's on the left wing of the second floor.

Hand Row posted:

Yea she’s an extreme glass cannon but boy it’s an extremely effective one. If they ever release a harder mode she would be pretty low tier but at this point it’s pretty silly.
I feel like even in a harder mode she'd be good, her bases are actually good unlike a lot of previous FE characters in her mold, and she learns a lot of fairly unique spells that are very handy, like Luna and Dark Spikes.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whoa i think a story scene actually accounted for me having viewed a support conversation? since when do they bother lol

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

i had to bust a pulse use to save lysithea after i left her in range of 3 enemies in the fog of war map

but she's definitely by far the most effective player phase unit on my team

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
So I have a recommended level five battle and I can just keep doing it forever, then choose the level seven one? Seems easy to keep all your character up to level since you can do this over and over.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I never did any battles beyond quests and the story mission, and I was relatively leveled (or over leveled in some cases) on hard mode.

I don't know if it's because I let my mages and hybrids heal all day but that's free EXP and actually a lot more exp than previous games, since it seems like they balanced it around heal not being 40 uses as a weapon.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So far my biggest issue with this game is that XP isn’t always on a 0-100 scale.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Ethiser posted:

So far my biggest issue with this game is that XP isn’t always on a 0-100 scale.

a tweak i'm not sure they needed to port over from heroes

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

JBP posted:

So I have a recommended level five battle and I can just keep doing it forever, then choose the level seven one? Seems easy to keep all your character up to level since you can do this over and over.

normal mode has unlimited battles for grinding, yea

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
I believe only normal mode offers the 0 cost battles but I'm finding it easy enough to keep up with the story curve doing only 1-2 extra missions a month.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm glad I min-maxed my prof level because getting that extra battle time is needed when you suddenly have a bunch of paralogues and quest battle missions.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Ok cool. I was going to play normal and gently caress around making characters whatever I like, then play on hard, so that's good.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Serenes has the list of abilities you gain from skill ranks.

Most importantly, you get the weaponfaires at S+, and for magic you get Range +1 at S. High-rank magic is going to be sick. A+ Riding also unlocks Movement +1, because mounted classes needed to be even better, I guess.

If you check the “Dependent Abilities” section, you’ll see that every house has one person who gets three Rally skills.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Tae posted:

I'm glad I min-maxed my prof level because getting that extra battle time is needed when you suddenly have a bunch of paralogues and quest battle missions.

It seems like you get huge benefits from almost exclusively exploring for the first few months. I did one auxiliary battle (aside from the forced one) before the Chapter 4 fight to get Claude and Byleth to level 10 and promote them, but aside from that, I’ve only gone exploring. That's gotten me halfway to C+ professor level before chapter 5.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Edelgart, I give you this broken axe for your protection to let other people in the class get some xp killing dudes stop murdering them on the counter attack jesus christ

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can't deal with the fact that Petra is 15. Bernie's two years older than her!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I feel like I wasn't supposed to beat the Black Dark Knight in BE Chapter 3, but gambits on the weaker troops, followed by a Byleth attack and a Edelgard Smash finished him right off. Guess Dorothea will get to be a spooky warlock just like she wanted!

e: is there a way to buy fishing gear? Probably not, right?

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Once you do the defeat bandits quest for the merchants it unlocks a merchant who sells, in limited amounts, some fishing bait

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Terper posted:

I can't deal with the fact that Petra is 15. Bernie's two years older than her!

Mercedes is 23 which really threw me off.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dang, teh Lorenz paralogue is pretty cool, gameplay wise, def. recommend doing it as soon as possible if you want a challenge. It's just 'defense map but with thieves running into the thickest part of the enemy formation' but it was fun.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Bogart posted:

Guess Dorothea will get to be a spooky warlock just like she wanted!

She won't, because Dark Mage is male-only. Give it to Linhardt or Hubert.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

well then i'm glad i didn't go out of my way to beat the dark knight

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Gender locked classes really suck. I'll give fates one thing, making all the basic classes available to male and female characters was great.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Zoran posted:

She won't, because Dark Mage is male-only. Give it to Linhardt or Hubert.

fuk

At least Hubert's the type who fits in with dark wizardry.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hello, my game arrived earlier than I thought, even if it's a bit late, so I figured I'd ask, is there any kind of guide on how to skill people for idiots, so I can just follow that instead of suffer through choice paralysis for my first run?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I remember dancer existing from the spoilers but don't see it in my class list, will it be added after I find some special type of seal?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chocolate Bunny posted:

Gender locked classes really suck. I'll give fates one thing, making all the basic classes available to male and female characters was great.
i dont mind peg being female only and giving guys One thing to compensate for that is whatever but the gender locks in this game feel pretty random, esp. when you get stuff like dancer not being gender locked

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

Hello, my game arrived earlier than I thought, even if it's a bit late, so I figured I'd ask, is there any kind of guide on how to skill people for idiots, so I can just follow that instead of suffer through choice paralysis for my first run?
the students offer their own suggestions on how to level them and have things the game tells you they're good at, so just focus on those things

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Reposting this because I didn't get an answer :saddowns:

Arkhams Razor posted:

That's actually the default path for that route, as siding with Edelgard has a couple of additional requirements that the player needs to complete beforehand. Claude and Dimitri only have one path each.

What are the requirements?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

cheetah7071 posted:

I remember dancer existing from the spoilers but don't see it in my class list, will it be added after I find some special type of seal?

haven't gotten this far yet, but this site has the explainer: https://twinfinite.net/2019/07/fire-emblem-three-houses-dancer-class-how-unlock/

also Dorothea is the best girl

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Oh I'm almost there, thanks

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

ok yeah flowers and cooking really got me to unlocking the C supports with my first three targets (bernadetta, dorothea and ashe) real fast

now the next question is who comes next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

inthesto posted:

I guess this optional boss isn't so bad on the second try

Are you telling me I could've kept this loving lance if I just said I want it

Am I a drat fool