Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Unfortunately Dedue didn't have enough charm to win the dancing so I had to go with someone who'd actually be good at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Amppelix posted:

Are you telling me I could've kept this loving lance if I just said I want it

Am I a drat fool

No, you get it in Sylvain's paralogue

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

the students offer their own suggestions on how to level them and have things the game tells you they're good at, so just focus on those things

Thanks! Is Hard the recommended difficulty? I remember talk about normal being too easy before launch.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Who's the best choice for Dancer per house anyways

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Eimi posted:

Thanks! Is Hard the recommended difficulty? I remember talk about normal being too easy before launch.
I've only really played normal modes and I picked out Hard, its really not bad at all. Even on perma-death runs you have an ability that lets you time warp backwards so you don't lose an important unit to RNG

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lmao the reward from lorenz's paralogue. magic attack range +2? lorenz you are not going to see this again for the rest of your miserable life, this is going right on lysithea

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Zore posted:

Who's the best choice for Dancer per house anyways

I’m thinking Raphael for Golden Deer simply because his horrid speed growth will let him down later on. Everyone else in GD has a fairly clear role, including Ignatz, who has thief and rally duties on lock.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Eimi posted:

Play hard if you're an FE veteran, normal if you aren't

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

lmao the reward from lorenz's paralogue. magic attack range +2? lorenz you are not going to see this again for the rest of your miserable life, this is going right on lysithea

I don't want to read this spoiler but Ingrid's paralogue also has a very funny ending

Ingrid: oh hey dad gave me a ring as a reward. Dorothea, you're in this paralogue for some reason, take it
Dorothea: yes I will marry you
Ingrid: what no I'm just giving you money don't make this weird
Dorothea: oh. Byleth can have the ring then, I guess

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Can I make my lord my dancer because if I can, I know what I'm doing when I play Golden Deer.

Well I wasn't going to bother with Lorenz but if I can get that from his paralogue I might have to.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Carlosologist posted:

also Dorothea is the best girl

:hai:

Was gonna make her a dancer cause it just seemed right, but she is exploding people like its no one's business. Now I don't know who to make the dancer.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't want to read this spoiler but Ingrid's paralogue also has a very funny ending

Ingrid: oh hey dad gave me a ring as a reward. Dorothea, you're in this paralogue for some reason, take it
Dorothea: yes I will marry you
Ingrid: what no I'm just giving you money don't make this weird
Dorothea: oh. Byleth can have the ring then, I guess

lmao this owns, I need to recruit Ingrid now

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Felix is in-sane! High speed, Gauntlet strength, and his Personal combine into a 4-hitting powerhouse who Crests a lot.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Eimi posted:

The game apparently gets fairly faceroller later on, once you get your classes going etc etc. Hard alleviates this somewhat, though has a kinda-rough-but-manageable early game.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
jesus, the shamir/alois paralogue is a fuckin trip.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I think there's a bug with some items that grant passive effects.
I defeated a bandit that dropped a magic staff. It gives bonus might to mages. My inventory was full. Nautrally it should sent it the convoy right?

NOPE, if you select the item. It makes you discard it. In fact I couldn't put anything in the convoy. I had to discard something. I killed another bandit right next to it that dropped an Energy Drop. Inventory full, but it defaults to the convoy like every other item.

I realized this because I accidentally discarded a ring because my inventory was full. It seems to only apply to special hold items and nothing else.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Lord Ephraim posted:

I think there's a bug with some items that grant passive effects.
I defeated a bandit that dropped a magic staff. It gives bonus might to mages. My inventory was full. Nautrally it should sent it the convoy right?

NOPE, if you select the item. It makes you discard it. In fact I couldn't put anything in the convoy. I had to discard something. I killed another bandit right next to it that dropped an Energy Drop. Inventory full, but it defaults to the convoy like every other item.

I realized this because I accidentally discarded a ring because my inventory was full. It seems to only apply to special hold items and nothing else.

I encountered this same thing. If you press B on that screen you toggle between send to convoy and discard.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The first map of the game gives you an Axe unit and no enemy has a Lance.

Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem never changes...

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I love that Leonie can ride her horse in the House vs. House Lance Tournament, but that seems a bit unfair to the other students

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The first map of the game gives you an Axe unit and no enemy has a Lance.

Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem never changes...

There's no weapon triangle

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

cheetah7071 posted:

I encountered this same thing. If you press B on that screen you toggle between send to convoy and discard.

Why would they have such a thing? :psyduck:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dimitri's voice actor was probably very proud to pronounce "Blaiddyd" correctly.

There's something odd about a Fire Emblem game where most people have actual last names and poo poo.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

There's no weapon triangle

wait what the gently caress how

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

wait what the gently caress how

at C rank (I think) with each weapon type you get a skill that gives you advantage over the appropriate weapon. Enemies might eventually start having those skills too but I haven't seen them yet

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
So, are there any hybrid classes that use swords and white magic? Byleth seems pretty trained to go into Swords and Authority right off, but she has her hidden Faith skill (which only benefits her as a caster). Aside from recruiting Faith users more easily, is there any reason to level Faith if you're otherwise focusing on her sword skills?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Mercedes why aren’t you gaining support with me anymore.

Mercedes, please, I need your B support before the timeskip.

(ib4 next teaching week I get her B support I guess.)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Memnaelar posted:

So, are there any hybrid classes that use swords and white magic? Byleth seems pretty trained to go into Swords and Authority right off, but she has her hidden Faith skill (which only benefits her as a caster). Aside from recruiting Faith users more easily, is there any reason to level Faith if you're otherwise focusing on her sword skills?

Here's an idea: There's little reason to go into sword classes instead of just making her a sword priest

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Memnaelar posted:

Yes, there is one, but you can only unlock it later in the game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pengwin posted:

Also, is there an SA Fire Emblem Discord?

a bunch of pages back but

https://discord.gg/szMUmDU

It started life as a fire emblem heroes discord so like half of it is still devoted to feh but we talk about all fe and have the channels separated

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Hm, I suppose you're onto something there. I guess I was just thinking about maxing out her abilities in melee rather than working her into the Advanced magi classes. I've liked how tank-y she feels early on.

Do skills like Faith 2 (that give +Hit and what-not) only trigger when on a round you're actively using a spell like Nosferatu or is it just if you're in a class capable of using White Magic?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Memnaelar posted:

Do skills like Faith 2 (that give +Hit and what-not) only trigger when on a round you're actively using a spell like Nosferatu or is it just if you're in a class capable of using White Magic?

When you have that weapon type equipped.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hey for anyone that's freaking about missing out on Sylvain's op lance, don't worry. He has a paralogue later on that lets him have it after the battle.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It seems unfair that I can have Catherine enter this school sword tournament.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Zoran posted:

Yes, there is one, but you can only unlock it later in the game.

Mortal Savant is Swords and Reason, not Faith :ssh:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Annath posted:

Oh gently caress that means I’ve been giving Lysithea faith sessions for nothing

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Annath posted:

Byleth has a unique Master Class that's swords/Faith/authority.

Edelgard's is Axes/Heavy Armor/Authority, Dimitri's is Lances/Riding/Authority and Claude's is Bows/Flying/Authority.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Oh gently caress that means I’ve been giving Lysithea faith sessions for nothing

Nah its a good idea for every magic user to get Reason and Faith because all magic classes can use every type of magic. Not having both means they lack power spells/healing they could be doing.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I feel extremely called out whenever the loading screen comes up with the most deployed online statistics and it's always just Edelgard, Bernie and Dorothea

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It is never a bad idea to have extra healers, because the heals don't seem to scale that much. My Petra heals like 10 and Dorathea heals for like 14 despite the massive MAG difference.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

If it's anything like the last few games, and it seems like it is, healing spells heal for Mt + Mag/3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
also do i have to actually pay more money to use all the ghosts mechanics and stuff

since i'm not willing to pull the trigger on shelling out cash for switch online just yet