Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Man Spidermom's ending is such a gut punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
more like a gentle gut rain

it really is though

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Fabricated posted:

Man modern anime productions really despise using actual narrators don't they?

I guess they did try harder to sort of explain it in context but the point of that attack at the end is that it's designed to kill demons painlessly- but it only works when they offer their own necks willingly.

Water Breathing Fifth Form - Good Boy Strike

Wark Say posted:

Kaguya-sama narrator or bust! :colbert:

Kaiji narrator or bust!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
No narrators, no masters

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Qwertycoatl posted:

Kaiji narrator or bust!
Game recognize game. I admit defeat. :gibs:

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Okay, I have warmed up to whiny thunder boy.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

dipwood posted:

Okay, I have warmed up to whiny thunder boy.

Or at the very least the sound and animation when he finally shuts up and cuts something.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Indiana_Krom posted:

Or at the very least the sound and animation when he finally shuts up and cuts something.

this is the problem with zenitsu. he's ok when his gimmick isn't the focus but it frequently is

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Zenitsu is so cool. But he sucks so much. But he's so cool! But he sucks so much!!!

At least his teacher is unconditionally very cool.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
He's a high price to pay for some sweet lightning iaido but I'll pay it

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Screaming like a lunatic works better in the medium without sound.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Okay fine show! I'll like Zenitsu gosh darn it! :qq:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I cannot believe he's blond because he got hit by goddamn lightning

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

So I take it that being hit by Actual Lightning is why Zenitsu has real superpowers and can shoot lightning around himself while he's powering up? Because that poo poo was crazy.

Nevermind, turns out the exaggerated the hell out of Zenitsu from what hes like in the manga.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm glad they busted out the cool new songs for zenitsu's focus ep, on top of some of the better/creepier cg

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Nephthys posted:

So I take it that being hit by Actual Lightning is why Zenitsu has real superpowers and can shoot lightning around himself while he's powering up? Because that poo poo was crazy.

Nevermind, turns out the exaggerated the hell out of Zenitsu from what hes like in the manga.

I hate to break this to you, but Tanjiro doesn't actually summon water when he does a move.
It's a metaphor.

Their real powers are: smell good, hear good, feel (things) good.

Just remember: No fly. Jump good.

E: okay it's not a metaphor, it's ... an artistic representation of the form of their martial arts.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 28, 2019

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I want to believe

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Look have any opinion of lightning dude you want but I lost my poo poo at him reacting to the ... spider head demon? IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!??!!?!?

worth~!

Dude this guys worth it just for the badass animation they put into all his attacks. seriously hes the most well animated out of everyone what the hell.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jul 28, 2019

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I hate to break this to you, but Tanjiro doesn't actually summon water when he does a move.
It's a metaphor.

Their real powers are: smell good, hear good, feel (things) good.

Just remember: No fly. Jump good.

E: okay it's not a metaphor, it's ... an artistic representation of the form of their martial arts.

I get this, but why does Tanjiro literally hear thunder though?

Like, really, I get it. The series just kinda takes broad liberties with the concept. Like I don't expect Tanjiro to be conjuring buckets of water but wouldn't be surprised if he cuts out a fire at some point. Artistically, of course.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Martial arts breathing bullshit is why zenitsu can cut with the sound of thunder.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's the sound of his resolve.

Zenitsu is a good boy and his gramps is fantastic.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's like the ripple, but instead of being wielded by fabulous musclemen, it's wielded by good blokes. :3:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wark Say posted:

It's like the ripple, but instead of being wielded by fabulous musclemen, it's wielded by good blokes. :3:

It's 100% the Ripple too, like, it's a martial art channeled through breathing created specifically to kill beings that otherwise only die to the light of the Sun.

Can't wait for Tanjiro and Zenitsu to get super ripped. Inosuke is already there and therefore the best and strongest.

Also I actually found Zenitsu kind of hilarious this episode, his backstory was very nice and his actual battle was excellent. I just wish that he didn't have to be two different characters for all of this, but I can understand why letting him use that super-iaido at all times would kind of break the story. Nonetheless, disconnected from that, his humour could be more consistent, this episode was genuinely funny, previous episode was incredibly irritating.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

New merch of the best boy and girl.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Shere posted:

I get this, but why does Tanjiro literally hear thunder though?

Just a guess but sonic boom. He moved so fast he broke the sound barrier.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I mean the ground literally exploded around him as it was being struck by lightning. Metaphors can only go so far, he caused a crater without even moving.

It's not a particularly big deal but the scene differed significantly from how it was in the manga where there's no power-up sequence.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nephthys posted:

I mean the ground literally exploded around him as it was being struck by lightning. Metaphors can only go so far, he caused a crater without even moving.

It's not a particularly big deal but the scene differed significantly from how it was in the manga where there's no power-up sequence.

We already saw a scene earlier where Tanjiro hits the ground with his sword causing it to look like waterfall was slamming in and right after the commercials the scene played again without the ukiyo-e effects and its just slamming the floor so hard all the mud and swamp poo poo splashed up (as well as a few arms)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Alder posted:

New merch of the best boy and girl.

Inosuke is the best boy :colbert:

Nezuko is v good but best girl is a long way from a proper introduction

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Rody One Half posted:

Inosuke is the best boy :colbert:

Nezuko is v good but best girl is a long way from a proper introduction

I'm going to guess Love hashira.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Please, they're all the best

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

L-O-N posted:

That's correct.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

L-O-N posted:

:hmmyes:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Spider Family probably the creepiest Demons seen so far.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Inosuke getting incredibly angry about being influenced by Tanjiro and the others is somehow always funny.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad Inosuke is here to be the smart fighter

I mean the boar head is basically like glasses

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
That was perhaps one of those most OH poo poo cliffhangers in an anime I've ever seen :shittypop:

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

This show doesn't get enough praise for it's sound design, that hunter hitting the ground in chunks was meaty.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

drat the Spiderboy VA is super familiar but MAL doesn't list villian VA. It's killing me :v:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

this is a cliffhanger thats gonna make me read the manga wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Alder posted:

drat the Spiderboy VA is super familiar but MAL doesn't list villian VA. It's killing me :v:

I'd put money on it being the same dude that does Shigaraki from MHA/Meruem from HxH/Soul from Soul Eater