Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
https://fitnessvolt.com/larry-wheels-mental-physical-abuse/

You really can't follow any more or less famous person without it coming out that they are actually really horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bomb posted:

Uh oh the trainer now has the group exercise coordinator reaching out to me to figure out a solution to my kettlebell being heavy and their pads being old and beat up.

Are these your own kettlebells you're bringing into a gym to break their stuff?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Helios Grime posted:

https://fitnessvolt.com/larry-wheels-mental-physical-abuse/

You really can't follow any more or less famous person without it coming out that they are actually really horrible.

im shocked the guy who is more steroids than man has a ton of brainprobems

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jul 26, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ovenboy posted:

I haven't played much with kettlebells, but aren't you mainly swinging and pressing them, etc? You'll only set them down when you are done, right? How can it be so hard on the floor?

Well they are heavy and I’m sure they aren’t being gently placed down. Like I mentioned the sidewalk in front of my gym is chipped to poo poo from the kettlebells so its easy to see how the mats are taking a beating.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

ovenboy posted:

I haven't played much with kettlebells, but aren't you mainly swinging and pressing them, etc? You'll only set them down when you are done, right? How can it be so hard on the floor?

Exactly, I'm not doing anything crazy and I'm gently placing them down not dropping them.

The trainer was just annoyed that I'm back from paternity leave and taking up mirror space where she wants to train. Her complaint is about the dimple the kettlebell leaves when you sit it down on the pad.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

sassassin posted:

Are these your own kettlebells you're bringing into a gym to break their stuff?

I have my 70lber there but most of the time stick with their provided 53lber as a warmup for barbell/dumbbells.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Well they are heavy and I’m sure they aren’t being gently placed down. Like I mentioned the sidewalk in front of my gym is chipped to poo poo from the kettlebells so its easy to see how the mats are taking a beating.

Nearly all the lifts start or end with the swing position so that you aren't jacking up your back/elbows. It's a very gentle movement at the end of each set.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Its good to know that isnt just us that youve made completely sick of your poo poo

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

david carmichael posted:

Its good to know that isnt just us that youve made completely sick of your poo poo

Not everyone can be a kettlebell master

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I need to visualize my stereotype of you. Do you wear vibrams 5finger shoes? And have semi long hair bound into a small ponytail? Also, do you wear tank tops to train in?

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Helios Grime posted:

I need to visualize my stereotype of you. Do you wear vibrams 5finger shoes? And have semi long hair bound into a small ponytail? Also, do you wear tank tops to train in?

Chucks or metcons, comfy shorts, short hair w/ a beardo, and a nike tank

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I only wear uncomfortable shorts myself.

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????

bomb posted:

Her complaint is about the dimple the kettlebell leaves when you sit it down on the pad.

does the dimple not go away? do other implements or body parts not leave a dimple ever??

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

abgushte badamjan posted:

does the dimple not go away? do other implements or body parts not leave a dimple ever??

They go away within a couple minutes, she was just looking grief me because she cant babysit her 80 year old clientele in my mirror spot at lunch. I spoke with the group fitness coordinator and told her to go review the "damage" and get back to me. It's been crickets ever since.

bomb fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 26, 2019

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I was confused as to how you would damage the mat but I guess that explains it, it's not about the mat at all she just doesn't like you.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I like hearing those kinds of gym stories, because it makes me feel even better about finally having a nice setup in my garage. I'm going to blast my shoulders and arms in a little bit, while listening to whatever loud obnoxious music comes on my ipod radio and smoking some really dank bud out of my bong. Since its hot I will probably be out there in just my boxers, burping and farting. :feelsgood:

I've also been doing hack deadlifts for awhile and managed to set a PR a few days ago at 365lbs. I have never seen anyone do those in person before, and was always too self conscious to attempt them at my gym.. But man they feel way better than I ever thought they could.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Constipated posted:

I like hearing those kinds of gym stories, because it makes me feel even better about finally having a nice setup in my garage. I'm going to blast my shoulders and arms in a little bit, while listening to whatever loud obnoxious music comes on my ipod radio and smoking some really dank bud out of my bong. Since its hot I will probably be out there in just my boxers, burping and farting. :feelsgood:

Kevin spacey in American beauty spotted

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Constipated posted:

I've also been doing hack deadlifts for awhile and managed to set a PR a few days ago at 365lbs. I have never seen anyone do those in person before, and was always too self conscious to attempt them at my gym.. But man they feel way better than I ever thought they could.

I had to put my power rack in the attic due to babies :(

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

bomb posted:

I had to put my power rack in the attic due to babies :(

Get the babies some onesies with robust handles on their backs.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
I was considering getting a power rack for the basement because twins. Less time away from home, more flexibility on when I could work out.

Though recently I
A. Pooped while holding one baby while the other played on a towel in front of me
B. Showered and shaved while holding a baby
on the same day. Pretty sure it was Fathers Day.

Something tells me working out would go to the back burner if it's not something I do at work during lunch.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Just swaddle them with 35lbs plates, not like anyone uses them anyway.

You'll probably have to switch to 45s after a while.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

dakana posted:

I was considering getting a power rack for the basement because twins. Less time away from home, more flexibility on when I could work out.

Though recently I
A. Pooped while holding one baby while the other played on a towel in front of me

Something tells me working out would go to the back burner if it's not something I do at work during lunch.

Never stop carrying your kids, the ultimate long term progressive overload training.
imagine holding them one handed when they are in their 20s.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

stop having kids

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
make the womenfolk handle all things child-related while you cultivate mass. like back in the olden days

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Kids are catabolic

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Walking with the kid in that carrier thing you strap on was good cardio. I used to take the kid on long 4-5 mile walks every morning before he turned 1 because it put him back to sleep. Having a kid definitely made my workouts more efficient and having a home gym helped

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAyDEI2J3_g

I'm convinced, kettebells are the future

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

dakana posted:

Though recently I

You and I are one in the same

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Guyver posted:

Just swaddle them with 35lbs plates, not like anyone uses them anyway.

You'll probably have to switch to 45s after a while.

45 plate would be big enough to use as a twin feeding platform

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Gotta get like 5-10 dudes out in the park exploding bells around ruining the beer league kick ball field

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I do overhead or on my shoulders squats all the time with my kids. They love it, and I get a nice burn going. Really, the reason I lift is to be able to chase them around and have fun with them so it all works out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_of_Croton

I was at daycare the other day holding the car seat with one hand and the older one was being naughty so I just cleaned her up like she was a 35# dumbbell. The teachers were all pretty impressed. :wink:

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

dakana posted:

Though recently I

I built a basement gym before my kid was born and it is awesome. I still have a membership for my gym because it's an awesome gym and I can still get there but working out at home is the way to go. I would say the flexibility thing didnt really work out and I now get up at 5am to work out every day but that is mainly because I like routine and trying to work out around napping was driving me crazy.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I do overhead or on my shoulders squats all the time with my kids. They love it, and I get a nice burn going. Really, the reason I lift is to be able to chase them around and have fun with them so it all works out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_of_Croton

I was at daycare the other day holding the car seat with one hand and the older one was being naughty so I just cleaned her up like she was a 35# dumbbell. The teachers were all pretty impressed. :wink:

I'm not planning on having kids but if I did I would totally encourage them to weightlift with me (if they wanted to) because a) bonding, b) it would teach healthy habits, c) maintaining dilf status.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Plus you get to do the cool dad thing and dominate them at a sport until they hit 17 and pull 600 and you realize you're old and dying.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
That's when you get fake plates.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Anyone have some good resources on neck/trap rehab? Been having some issues with super tight muscles around there and range of motion turning my neck has been decreasing.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

more deadlifts

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

dantheman650 posted:

Anyone have some good resources on neck/trap rehab? Been having some issues with super tight muscles around there and range of motion turning my neck has been decreasing.

Try really low weight halos with a medicine ball?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

dantheman650 posted:

See a sports physical therapist. Don't gently caress with your mechanics up there on your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
do yoga