Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I was thinking multiple matches per day on what I had previously guessed to be 64 of those rings. So, after day one you could be down to 64 competitors if there were four fights in each ring.

I'm just sperging, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The ring is quite small, compared to the size of the arena. And the tournament takes three days.

So yeah, there is the space for more rings in the arena, and with 64 parallel fights you could eliminate 32 contestants at a time. With eleven or more fights per day and per ring, you can get through the thousand contestants in three days.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Polgas posted:

I am glad jag's mortal followers do not lose to the thorns in the proper kill murder mindset.

Knights Belligerent make Thorns look like pacifists, the only reason they worship Jagganoth is because they can't kill him (and neither can anything else, ergo he is the supreme being).

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

habeasdorkus posted:

Gog said "over a thousand participants" - which would be 1024 if it's a straight up bracket. But as I said, could be more if they seeded the qualifiers and gave some of them byes- at which point depending on when the seeded entrants enter it could be pretty much any number from 1024 on up.

And hell, I could be wrong again, I certainly was about the number of entrants when I wild rear end guessed my way to a number that was off by like two orders of magnitude before today's comic.

2048 is over a thousand participants. So is 4096. And 8192. And 16384 and so on.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I can't believe there's 42069 participants in the Ring of Power

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Archenteron posted:

I can't believe there's 42069 participants in the Ring of Power

I can't believe there's 1 participant in the Ring of Power

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Who What Now posted:

2048 is over a thousand participants. So is 4096. And 8192. And 16384 and so on.

Yeah but at that point you'd say "over two thousand participants!" and so on.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

This is all very, very important information to the story at hand!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

"This fighting arena is not very sound" I say smuggly, as my head flies off my shoulders, over the walls of the stadium, and into a pile of poo poo.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

And then she'd be really bored and unhappy because there'd be no one to play with. If there's any demiurge who's most likely to survive Allison becoming Al-YISUN, I'm betting on it being Gog.

I think it got lost but I'm not saying that Gog would consume the entire multiverse. I'm saying it's a good thing she doesn't have the mind to because look at this situation. Gog on a pure whim decided she wanted to participate in Throne's biggest tournament and ate 1/3 of the combatants. This tournament takes place on Solomon David's home world, his seat of power, his capital. After realizing what was happening he tried to remove Gog-agog from his homeworld and failed resulting in a truce to just keep her from spreading further on his planet. One of the 7 rulers of creation cannot remove Gog from his homeworld and that scares me.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tenebrais posted:

Yeah but at that point you'd say "over two thousand participants!" and so on.

Yes, but our pal Gog-Agog is silly and probably not good with numbers.

Not that its actually matters. The only important contestants are the ones Allison kicks the poo poo out of in the upcoming montage.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Tarezax posted:

Alternate universe Liu Bei who lost his buddies in the Peach Garden Massacre is a good concept

It might be an "Orphan of Zhao" reference? https://www.act-sf.org/content/dam/act/education_department/words_on_plays/Orphan_WoP.pdf

quote:

Synopsis of The Orphan of Zhao
Act I From atop his newly finished Crimson Cloud Tower, the Emperor shoots arrows into the Peach Garden below, indiscriminately killing his citizens for sport

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ohh, seems likely. Nice find.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I'm half expecting Allison to ring out in her first match to completely subvert the entire notion of a tournament arc.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ohh, seems likely. Nice find.

dunno, i don't see solomon david killing people indiscriminately for sport

(hell, i don't see him doing anything for fun in general)

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

President Ark posted:

dunno, i don't see solomon david killing people indiscriminately for sport

He occasionally drinks a mildly stimulating beverage while reading reports. Sometimes on special occasions he adds honey.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I mean it's likely it was a reference to that, not that he did that exact thing.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

President Ark posted:

You can't tell me that dunking on his milquetoast, spineless, power-grubbing sons doesn't bring him some level of satisfaction.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm pretty sure Solomon's general existence brings him some amount of satisfaction; everything he does is so smug he has to be enjoying himself at least on some level.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
guys, guys

gog-agog owns and im not just saying that because i ate the worm okay

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I wonder how many editions of Gog replacing entrants it took for them to realize that she was taking part in the contest. I also wonder how good her impersonations of the original entrants were.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm going to guess "not very".

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

How do you do, fellow disciples of Want?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Scooby-Doo, but the culprit is always Goggy

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Dr Cheeto posted:

She just really wants to be in the band

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe they thought the itinerant would-be master of violence subculture had just developed some weird fad

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
You know I think Gog-Agog might be my most favorite new character in the last few pages. Followed closely by Gog-Agog, and Gog-Agog.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

So are at least two of the Gang.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

fritz posted:

So are at least two of the Gang.

My vote is on Shaggy and Scooby, since they would totally eat a worm

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The cable package on Throne gives you like 20 channels of shows where Gog Agog plays the whole cast. No one knows who's the target audience, but they're pretty good to watch while high.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I wonder what Zaid is up to

and whether he'll be allowed to watch the tournament

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Zaid is in the tournament. Solomon ain't keeping what he believes is the heir in his palace without teaching him some martial arts breathing bullshit.

Best trial by fire and whatnot

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

World Famous W posted:

Zaid is in the tournament. Solomon ain't keeping what he believes is the heir in his palace without teaching him some martial arts breathing bullshit.

Shiiiiiit.

Yes.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

World Famous W posted:

"whoa hey Allison you're in too? that's hot"

*allison holds up both hands* "You're still a creep, I give up."

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Zaid never really struck me as a creep... like overtly? He was weird at the beginning but I mean so was the art premise and cold cut to the king getting his loving head chopped off so there wasn't much room for characterization.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot11DMJKhj8

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
calling it now, Gog Agog in like 20 pages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiLk9tlE-h8

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

Zaid never really struck me as a creep... like overtly? He was weird at the beginning but I mean so was the art premise and cold cut to the king getting his loving head chopped off so there wasn't much room for characterization.

He visibly scoffs at the idea of Allison being uncomfortable having sex at the start (even if he was offering to stop) and her housemates were all wary of him.

So he's definitely a jerk but not enough to deserve all he's been through.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
His creepiness is not significantly above the average dude

So, y'know, still kinda high, but not hiding in the bushes high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
He was a horny frat boy. But not the overtly rapey kind, just the over-eager to get laid kind.