Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I bought SIF Jovic so I could have a swipe at the Rivals swap deal challenge without loving around too much with the rest of my squad and I completed it in 3 games so that was nice. Wonder what his TOTS is like because the SIF was already pretty amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I started playing this dumb game to try and practice for FIFA 20 but it's crazy cause like I can do poo poo to try to win that I know (hope???) will be gone next year like the first time shots on the edge of the box, the croqueta spam, the flick up shots/crosses, but I feel like that's just building bad habits for next year, or I can just try to play legit and lose lol

I've mainly just being doing the latter, even though I'm barely winning more than half my games in div 1 (or maybe a bit less since everyone knows the tricks now), it's still kinda fun to try to break people down normally and poo poo and just try to not care that I give up 2-3 goals a game to just ridiculous trash while missing tons of shots in the box.

In good news, I did like I would say less than 20 of the TOTS upgrade packs and I got both TOTS Thiago Silva and Marquinhos!!

I bought the TOTS Cavani and Delort as my CAM and I luckboxed the TOTS Dembele from my weekend league upgrade pack so I mean my pack luck is super good, it's just too bad the game isn't better.

It still has flashes of being fun if I just don't care about who wins at all but that can be hard to do, haha

One thing I didn't even know until I messed around with it in the skill games vs the CPU is that like the croqueta spam isn't even like where you have to do multiple inputs, you can literally run up to people and hold L1 and then just start holding the right stick to do multiple croquetas and it's very effective both vs players and the CPU, pretty much no skill required lol

Also, side question, did they drop the division requirements at some point? When I took my long break I thought I was like div 2 or 3 (like mid 00s or 2100 or so) and when I came back I was division 1. Was the level always that low and I just forgot?

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 18, 2019

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Yeah they slashed the requirements a while back. I've refused to do a croqueta or a flick up shot all year. It's like a matter of pride for me lol

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
i dont use flick ups at all basically, and la croquetta pretty sparingly. i find the la croquetta is even better if you haven't used it for 60 minutes and then you're 1 on 1 with the last defender and you just swoop by him for a free goal and the guy was obviously not ready for it at all.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I just think it's total horseshit that you can literally just hold like

towards the goal, L1, and sideways on the right stick

until you get past someone, like it'll spam it for you

you don't even have to really time it that well lol

or if you wanna croqueta the opposite way you can like do one, and start holding the other direction on the right stick, and it will just do it for you as soon as it can

as soon as I figured that out I was like oh man these guys that I thought were like timing this poo poo really well are just not doing poo poo huh

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Juventus will be called "Piemonte Calcio" in fifa 20 lol

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
ok but did they license the ronaldo MOOOOOO celebration that's what I need to know

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Juventus will be called "Piemonte Calcio" in fifa 20 lol

Really? That's a weird thing to see considering that they've been winning licenses to Konami lately.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
does the PC pro club still play? the PS4 club kinda dissolved since a bunch of people didn't want to play the bad game anymore but I just kinda wanna pro club with people so I'd buy the PC one now that it's $20 if people still play it regularly

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
IM FAMOUS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxuOZhey5MA&t=493s
this is a youtuber I regularly watch so it was real bizarro land poo poo to see my team on here, especially since he wasn't playing on his main account so I had no idea I was playing a youtuber, much less one that I actually watch

also I just want to say I'm trying to do some different manual defending poo poo than I usually do so sometimes I just run way out of the play lol I don't usually do that!

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 26, 2019

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

IM FAMOUS

this is a youtuber I regularly watch so it was real bizarro land poo poo to see my team on here, especially since he wasn't playing on his main account so I had no idea I was playing a youtuber, much less one that I actually watch

also I just want to say I'm trying to do some different manual defending poo poo than I usually do so sometimes I just run way out of the play lol I don't usually do that!

your 3rd goal was very nice

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah he keeps saying he won the tackle but I watched it in slo mo and I'm pretty sure my scoop turn into drag back was clean

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
well i went through the rest of my untradeables and got pogba and richarlison. behold:

I've got 15 more games to play this weekend and those will probably be my very last games for fifa 19 aside from an occasional draft maybe.

(my bench is my other team)

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Sick team!

I got pretty lucky with packs so like the only players on my team I actually spent money on were the Aouar and Benzema, everyone else was free which is pretty cool.

I've started 12-4 this weekend which is my best start so far in 19 since the skill gap is so low and I don't really play in a way that's good this year since I'm trying to play for 1on1s and good shots instead of like first time volleys from the edge of the box.

It would be cool to get elite at least once this year while actually trying to play football

I could try to get Pogba but I think I'd be just short, haha.

It's available for 17 days though so I'll probably try and do it, feels like I should when I'm running a French squad anyway. Apart from the 5* weak foot he's about as close to Gullit as I'll ever get.

I could also sell Benzema and use the money to finish it and downgrade my striker to someone like Big Sexy Gignac or something like that

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Icon heavy this year. Didn't really like the game though, probably my last year unless they make major changes.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Stefan Prodan posted:

Sick team!

I got pretty lucky with packs so like the only players on my team I actually spent money on were the Aouar and Benzema, everyone else was free which is pretty cool.

I've started 12-4 this weekend which is my best start so far in 19 since the skill gap is so low and I don't really play in a way that's good this year since I'm trying to play for 1on1s and good shots instead of like first time volleys from the edge of the box.

It would be cool to get elite at least once this year while actually trying to play football

I could try to get Pogba but I think I'd be just short, haha.

It's available for 17 days though so I'll probably try and do it, feels like I should when I'm running a French squad anyway. Apart from the 5* weak foot he's about as close to Gullit as I'll ever get.

I could also sell Benzema and use the money to finish it and downgrade my striker to someone like Big Sexy Gignac or something like that

jinxed myself, I lost like 6 in a row then won a couple and I'm 15-10 now lol

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Icon heavy this year. Didn't really like the game though, probably my last year unless they make major changes.

the game is very bad I'm just really stubborn about wanting to get good at stuff and I'd really like to get to at least like a consistent elite level

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You’re a better man than me. Granted I’m only gold 2 level but squad building with all the reward coins and sbcs this year was super fun, if not for that I would have angrily checked out much sooner

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You’re a better man than me. Granted I’m only gold 2 level but squad building with all the reward coins and sbcs this year was super fun, if not for that I would have angrily checked out much sooner

yeah I dunno I wish I could be this stubborn about stuff like playing guitar and piano that I spent like 1/5 of the time that I do on this dumb game lol

Apparently I had way more untradeables than I thought, and getting rid of all my high ovr ones that I was realistically never going to touch again like Peter Crouch and even Ibra I was able to get Pogba for like 100k so that was pretty sweet.

I will have to change out of using Dani Alves at RB to make him 10 chem but I mean whatever, I'm sure he's still a beast on 8

i do feel like I'm actually getting better at this game though and like to some degree I can tell like the badness of the game is hampering me, when I get like 15 shots and 10 of them were 1on1 or something and I hit the post or miss every time and my opponent scores two FIFA 19 Specials, I try to just remember that like it was still good that I got in those spots and in a better game I would have crushed them

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 28, 2019

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Since FIFA 19 is almost over, I've pretty much steadfastly refused to do flick up crosses or first time finesses or whatever but since we only have like a month left I"m going full out FIFA 19 bullshit and seeing if I can win with The Meta.

I had a thought which was like, normally when you cross you always have to cross to the back post because people generally run a lone striker where the only person behind him is some tiny winger so unless you have like ronaldo or bale on the wing they usually can't do a lot with it, so what if I just go with two strikers and make them both huge?

So anyway I'm trying a 4-4-2 now with TOTS Benzema and Gignac up front. So far I've only tried squad battles with it, but I was completely destroying the computer on legendary, winning 10-0 and poo poo.

So this is what I'm gonna run with for a couple weeks and see if I can just go with the fuckin cheesy meta and win by spamming crosses and poo poo instead of just banging it off the post on every 1on1

I even added anchor to Dembele to improve his jumping and heading and poo poo, haha

Gonna see how it goes and make some people rage hopefully

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Big Gig is loving broken for this sort of strat and I ran similar at my scrub tier level before I gave up, please report back on the number of ragequits this induces.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Stefan Prodan posted:

Since FIFA 19 is almost over, I've pretty much steadfastly refused to do flick up crosses or first time finesses or whatever but since we only have like a month left I"m going full out FIFA 19 bullshit and seeing if I can win with The Meta.

I had a thought which was like, normally when you cross you always have to cross to the back post because people generally run a lone striker where the only person behind him is some tiny winger so unless you have like ronaldo or bale on the wing they usually can't do a lot with it, so what if I just go with two strikers and make them both huge?

So anyway I'm trying a 4-4-2 now with TOTS Benzema and Gignac up front. So far I've only tried squad battles with it, but I was completely destroying the computer on legendary, winning 10-0 and poo poo.

So this is what I'm gonna run with for a couple weeks and see if I can just go with the fuckin cheesy meta and win by spamming crosses and poo poo instead of just banging it off the post on every 1on1

I even added anchor to Dembele to improve his jumping and heading and poo poo, haha

Gonna see how it goes and make some people rage hopefully

Where’s modeste

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
He didn't get any good cards this year :(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wrong, he got two op!!!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Wrong, he got two op!!!

lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I’ve been playing PES19 since it’s on Xbox Game Pass but was wondering if FIFA has something similar to that games Coach mode? Where you primarily watch your players and give strategies and management as a coach. I wanted to check out FIFA maybe because that appears to have more teams and wanted to play a soccer sim as Seattle’s team.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

IM FAMOUS

Haha this is awesome. I loved your second goal, that pass to set it up was tasty.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol at dude complaining about all of the bounces that go your way but not remarking when he gets the same

Glad to know fifa is universal through all skill tiers

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Anyone else try the PES demo? I'm enjoying it

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
Tasty pro clubs changes:

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fifa-20-pro-clubs-deep-dive

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Anyone else try the PES demo? I'm enjoying it

Is there any ETA on FIFA one? Didn't enjoy 19 at all and basically spent most of my footy matches in PES offline the last two years (and a lil bit of MyClub).

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
i would enjoy PES 1000x more if you could fully remap the buttons so i can use my FIFA muscle memory...oh and the UI is a heaping bag of garbage

i've only played the demo and that "lite" version that was free on PS4, can you remap the controller in the full game?

fifa20 demo is usually early Septemberish right?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

vivisectvnv posted:

i would enjoy PES 1000x more if you could fully remap the buttons so i can use my FIFA muscle memory...oh and the UI is a heaping bag of garbage

i've only played the demo and that "lite" version that was free on PS4, can you remap the controller in the full game?

fifa20 demo is usually early Septemberish right?

You can fully remap the buttons to fifa standards since... PES2008? A coworker of mine sometimes come to my gooncave to play and he has a profile on PES2019 with full fifa controls. I've played both games for so long that I can adapt to each game's default controls in the first match. It helps that they feel completely different.

The demo for PES2020 lets you remap everything too.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I got into the fifa 20 beta without signing up for anything... It's like EA knew I was pulling away.

e- The beta I got into has kickoff and volta which is good because volta is the one new thing I'm interested in. I think other people got selected for FUT, career mode etc.
e2- Long beta as well, about 2 weeks

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 8, 2019

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

drat I want in, can you still sign up?

Edit: checked my email and I got a code! :lol:

Edit2: I got Kickoff and FUT

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 8, 2019

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

RCarr posted:

drat I want in, can you still sign up?

Edit: checked my email and I got a code! :lol:

I didn't sign up for anything

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I got pro clubs and kickoff which is cool with me

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
if i recall, they'll fully open up the beta for all modes on maybe the last weekend?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

vivisectvnv posted:

if i recall, they'll fully open up the beta for all modes on maybe the last weekend?

Yeah I heard that too so it's whatever, but I think a lot of the pros get it from day 1.

Honestly I'm fine with that since I agree with most pros about what's wrong with the game and I think they generally have a good handle on what FIFA 19 got wrong and did from day 1 so if they picked like 100 people to actually listen to and it's a bunch of pros I'm completely fine with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
i didn't get any beta, rip.