Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It’s fine I’m not hating. It’s just kind of blah to put together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
The fishing store is already a retired product??? God damnit :(

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Captain Duvel posted:

The fishing store is already a retired product??? God damnit :(

Last of them went out on Black Friday last year. I think it’s like 220-240 on eBay.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Yiggy posted:

Last of them went out on Black Friday last year. I think it’s like 220-240 on eBay.

No poo poo? Mines been boxed since launch day. I wasn’t speculating... just kinda keep saying “one day I’ll do this...”

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m kind of kicking myself for skipping it. What a short production run.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

I’m kind of kicking myself for skipping it. What a short production run.

Sell ya mine for a thousand dollars....

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

no thanks

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
I think I saw some YouTube video where they plotted out retirements and sets normally only go 13 months on average. They’re retiring the pop up book soon it sounds like so that’ll have been maybe 10 months. Voltron is coming up on one year and I’ll bet will be phased out as the treehouse is phased in. Walmart had that crazy deal which felt like inventory clearing earlier this month.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The Saturn V must be really popular if it is still going.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh no, I want Voltron still. :ohdear:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tron has been on the shelves for a surprisingly long time.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

veni veni veni posted:

Tron has been on the shelves for a surprisingly long time.

I kinda love Tron: Legacy and the set is great, but I’m still shocked that it was actually produced. The potential market for an Ideas set based on a film that underperformed and was basically forgotten 9 years after the fact has to be shockingly small.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Both the original Tron and Tron: Legacy had pretty middling to bad receptions, but regardless I think everyone agrees Light Cycles are cool as hell. I wish they would do a set with an OG light cycle and the white hybrid one from Legacy.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tron: Legacy was fuckin' 9 years ago!? Jesus christ.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I was shocked too. loving depressing how fast time goes. I thought it was maybe 5 years old. I'm getting old.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Still the best film I’ve seen in IMAX.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The story is kind of a mess, but they nailed the aesthetic so hard and it's just such a visual/audio treat that I've always had a soft spot for it.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
As a giant (though undercover) geek and computer gamer, Tron has always seemed like exactly the sort of thing that would be right up my alley. And yet, it's never hooked me in any way. I watched Legacy in theaters even, and came away thinking it was a pretty good exhibition of style without any substance.

On the other hand, Pacific Rim is like one of my favorite action movies ever, and there isn't enough substance in it to fill more than ten minutes of the original Independence Day story they were cribbing from.

And this reminds me: when is Lego going to license Pacific Rim? I want a Voltron-sized Jaegar with articulated legs, and not just the one I built myself.

Habibi fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 29, 2019

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
You should moc the ninjago mechs...

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

veni veni veni posted:

The story is kind of a mess, but they nailed the aesthetic so hard and it's just such a visual/audio treat that I've always had a soft spot for it.

It’s an incredible two-hour music video starring Jeff Bridges and Olivia Wilde and I watch it at least once a year while working on other stuff

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I was totally blown away by the de-aging of Jeff Bridges when I first saw it. Dunno if it holds up though.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

deoju posted:

I was totally blown away by the de-aging of Jeff Bridges when I first saw it. Dunno if it holds up though.

It looked really bad when I first saw it and I'm sure it looks worse now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I saw it. That's all I remember. Forgettable film.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Deaged Flynn is bad, the rest of the film still looks amazing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Habibi posted:

On the other hand, Pacific Rim is like one of my favorite action movies ever, and there isn't enough substance in it to fill more than ten minutes of the original Independence Day story they were cribbing from.

And this reminds me: when is Lego going to license Pacific Rim? I want a Voltron-sized Jaegar with articulated legs, and not just the one I built myself.

Follow Chubbybots. He’s done some good Jaegers.

Also, came here to post I’m finally taking the plunge to mod my long-built UCS HULKBUSTER. Following Chubbybots video.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://offerup.com/item/detail/721269954/

Hmm...

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
I checked 1-2 Walmarts again since word got out that a few Walmarts started heavily discounting the Rexcelsior and the Drop Ship from LM2 no dice on those, but I did see guys starting to pull out the Hidden Side Inventory and a few other new sets for stocking tonight like the Donut shop opening. I guess some targets broke the street date on the new sets so Walmart is doing the same.

Found creator Vans and Yachts at 15$ and 25$ respectively.. clearance is working its magic half the Lego aisles are obliterated.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 30, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Falcon moc/mod exterior is almost done. Still waiting on one last small BL order for a few finishing touches. I'll probably subject you guys to it one last time once I make the diagonal stand, finish it and get some nice pics. But it's basically done I think. Feel like it looks nice irl and I'm having a really hard time getting decent pics for some reason but hey. Looks a lot less chunky and more smoothed out irl I think.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Barfing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/cjk2c0/somebody_unloaded_a_bunch_of_grails_at_the_local/?st=jypbg0z7&sh=289e4b81

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I can't imagine how this happened. A thief wouldn't just give them to Goodwill. A collector or reseller wouldn't donate them to Goodwill, and anyone who would inherit them would almost certainly know the sets' values. Goodwill didn't do their homework, either; none of the valuable sets were priced like they even did a cursory search.

Maybe a jilted partner donating them to spite the owner? Which would still be considered theft. Grand theft, considering the value.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've had a couple okay deals over the years, but nothing this extreme. I think the best deal was trading a NIB Destiny's Bounty (which I picked up @ Target on the way to the meetup) for a Black Seas Barracuda, complete in box with a 2nd set of brand new sails that are still sealed in the plastic. This was the 2nd edition of BSB, but still a pretty nifty trade, I thought. Especially when I found those sails. I could probably sell them for the cost of that Destiny's Bounty. But I won't.

But $90 for a unicorn set. Nope.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Pyroclastic posted:

...and anyone who would inherit them would almost certainly know the sets' values.
I don’t know about that. If the deceased didn’t put together a will, to someone not familiar with Lego, those would just look like new toys, not necessarily valuable ones (which might explain the Goodwill valuation too - they probably don’t get very many NIB sets, let alone rare ones, so it’d be pretty easy to conclude that they’re new, common, and cheap). I could easily see older parents dealing with the unexpected death of their adult son or daughter donating them without knowing their worth.

Hell, my parents know how extensive my collection is, but they wouldn’t have any idea how to price it (frankly, the scope of it even boggles my mind a bit).

In a way, I’m almost hoping that it was malicious - that collection could have covered a lot of funeral costs.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

I would've probably maxed out all my accounts and credit cards buying as much as possible.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ran across this early at Target.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey if you live in the vicinity of a Meijer they are also clearancing out a lot of sets. Didn't take note of what but the discounts ranged from 20-40%

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Feenix posted:

Ran across this early at Target.

Oh baby. I was hoping for Pacific Rim, but I guess I'll settle for Gundam Pacific Rim 2.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Hidden Side app actually teases a bunch of potentially interesting future sets (and it calls itself season 1). Most exciting is potentially haunted Chemical Plant and a King Ghost.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I saw one Hidden Side set out at Walmart yesterday, 70421, the Stunt Truck, which I’m super uninterested in.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That's a good superpower. What is it called? Hipstercism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The hidden side boxes are the ugliest boxes Lego ever made. I am totally not interested in the whole thing but the boxes stood out so much I went and had a look. You can't even properly tell what the model looks like from the front of the box. I didn't bother turning them...