Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

You joke but I’m loving garbage at Souls.

Just beat the Gargoyles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Most people are total garbage when they start playing. That's why folks like discussing it so much, it's a bonding experience

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gotta say I've been burnt on fire emblem and skeptical about anime boarding school but that new game is really fun

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Tim Whatley posted:

Did my Joycons a while ago but did the console today and moved the Pro Controller into a new SNES themed shell.

Wow holy poo poo this rules! I dont plan on touching my future joy-cons out of fear of accidentally busting them but man oh man I would love to try and turn my pro controller when I get one into that SNES themed shell, was is hard to do? is the Pro Controller fragile? is the plastic material good? where do I purchase this shell?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

nrook posted:

Most people are total garbage when they start playing. That's why folks like discussing it so much, it's a bonding experience
yeah for all the talk about "git gud", everyone went through the same stages of getting their rear end handed to them at the start and slowly but surely getting good at the game through experience. that's like, where half the fun comes from

seeing other people go through the same stages is great

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Who put Mario on his high horse?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I'm going to pay $60 for link's awakening. i'm a big believer in that game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Junkie Disease posted:

Who put Mario on his high horse?

Uh, he's Mario??? He jumped bro.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Zas posted:

I'm going to pay $60 for link's awakening. i'm a big believer in that game.

oh poo poo Links awakening is gonna cost $60? isnt that a bit much for a small nintendo remake game?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Al-Saqr posted:

isnt that a bit much for a small nintendo remake game?
small nintendo remake game?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
nintendo knew I would pay $100 for link's awakening but they kindly priced it at just $60

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Al-Saqr posted:

oh poo poo Links awakening is gonna cost $60? isnt that a bit much for a small nintendo remake game?

It looks very pretty and has some sort of make a dungeon that we know very little about

That said I will not pay $60 for a remake of a Gameboy game. I paid $40 for a remake of Metroid 2 and while it was a solid game it still felt like a Gameboy game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Len posted:

It looks very pretty and has some sort of make a dungeon that we know very little about

That said I will not pay $60 for a remake of a Gameboy game. I paid $40 for a remake of Metroid 2 and while it was a solid game it still felt like a Gameboy game.

I didn’t feel that way. The Metroid 2 remake felt greatly expanded from the original. Maybe a bit too much for my tastes.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Wow holy poo poo this rules! I dont plan on touching my future joy-cons out of fear of accidentally busting them but man oh man I would love to try and turn my pro controller when I get one into that SNES themed shell, was is hard to do? is the Pro Controller fragile? is the plastic material good? where do I purchase this shell?

The material is insanely good. Feels like how you'd want it to.

Pro Controller was way easier than the Joycons but it still took some work. It doesnt use any annoying Nintendo Triwing screws, only very small Philips. Maybe 10-12 screws total. Buttons only go in one way so you don't need to worry about one going in wrong. Only challenge for some folks uncomfortable with it is that you have to detach two ribbons in the controller and then attach them again with tweezers or a flathead. It's fairly easy but if you're not familiar with electronics it can be a bit scary.

Got it on Amazon. Brand is Mascarry and they do other variants like European Famicom and Atomic 90s colors. I'd argue it was the easiest between this, the Joycons and the console mainly because it doesn't use Triwings which strip stupidly easy.

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 29, 2019

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I don’t get people who can only see one path forward. There can be multiple. Consoles (especially the switch, the most quest-like console) didn’t kill pc’s. Quest won’t kill PCVR either.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’ve got a flight late and taking my Switch. Is it okay to put the Pro Controller in my check in luggage or should I put it in my carry on?

I don’t intend to use it on the plane.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Might as well check it in if you aren’t gonna use it in the plane.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Current FAA guidance is that all devices containing lithium ion batteries should be in carry on luggage. It's not required though, only uninstalled lithium ion batteries are banned from checked luggage.

https://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets/news_story.cfm?newsId=23054

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hadji murad posted:

I’ve got a flight late and taking my Switch. Is it okay to put the Pro Controller in my check in luggage or should I put it in my carry on?

I don’t intend to use it on the plane.

Why are you taking a switch but not using it on the plane????

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Barudak posted:

Why are you taking a switch but not using it on the plane????

I think they are just not intending to use the pro controller, not the switch itself.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

he finished every social link except one without a guide on his first playthrough

that my friends is a huge rear end persona fan

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

he finished every social link except one without a guide on his first playthrough

that my friends is a huge rear end persona fan

Sakurai seems to be a big fan of every franchise in Smash. I love those articles on his gaming habits and setups.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I think they are just not intending to use the pro controller, not the switch itself.

This is the case.

I’m just wondering about the battery in the Pro Controller and if that can be checked in or not.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lmao Link’s Awakening is going to be $60 wtf

Yeah I paid like, what, $35 back in '93, and when you adjust for inflation it's.... Oh...

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Good Sphere posted:

-It made me create Bethesda account to start a 1 player game, and agreeing to a ludicrous amount of agreements. How many downloaded Switch games require you to agree to user agreements?
I can't think of any that actually require you to have an account on a third-party service, but Bethesda and Activision games generally do require you do agree to some EULA bullshit just to play those games in single player.

And yes, I agree it's bullshit that when you buy a physical Switch game you have to agree to an EULA just to play it single player. "Who cares", sure, but I wish Nintendo would take a hard stance on that and require that no licensed games have further EULAs aside what's needed for optional content.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

genuinely surprised this IP hasn't been kickstarted/indiegogo'd already. It feels like one of those licenses.

Well there was one failed kickstarter that promised to bring back Boogerman of all games. Three of the stretch goals were Big Bad Mr. Frosty, Earthworm Jim and even Klaymen from The Neverhood as playable characters.
I'm assuming it failed to get funded partially because nobody wants another Boogerman but also because the raging Homophobe Doug Tennapel was involved.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Sakurai seems to be a big fan of every franchise in Smash. I love those articles on his gaming habits and setups.

I got really sad when I read an interview with Sakurai talking about how he loves to play video games and plays on all the platforms but he can't talk to anyone about video games because everyone assumes it's a Smash hint.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Policenaut posted:

I got really sad when I read an interview with Sakurai talking about how he loves to play video games and plays on all the platforms but he can't talk to anyone about video games because everyone assumes it's a Smash hint.

doesn't he have a regular column in Famitsu about gaming

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hat Thoughts posted:

doesn't he have a regular column in Famitsu about gaming

Oh yeah he does and he talks about Smash and the stuff included in it a lot, but I think it was referring to speaking about games outside of the Smash sphere. Some time around the point Joker was announced I remember reading a translation to that effect.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

It has been a bit since anyone has asked about the best grip, but I now own both the Satisfye and the Skull and Co and I can say that the Satisfye is hands down better for my situation. I have carpel tunnel flare ups from time to time and playing the Switch in handheld would make my hands tingle. Even though I love the look and feel of the Skull and Co, all three grips that come with it still caused the problem. The only issue I have had with the Satisfye is that it has become a little lose on the Switch, it would start shifting and creaking when I pressed on certain buttons. This may not be a flaw in the grip, I used it with the Hori joycon and I think its a little wider, it may have caused the issue. I have put a little drop of blue tac on each side of the inside of the grip and that issue is resolved. So, if your an old fart like me and have ruined your wrists with years of office work, the Satisfye is the way to go.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

loudog999 posted:

the Satisfye is the way to go.

Confirmed

Source: am an old fart with lovely wrists

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

Confirmed

Source: am an old fart with lovely wrists

Old farts unite.. it made me feel better to have my wife, 6 years younger than me, say it is still the most comfortable. I really wanted to like the Skull and Co, I have a second Switch that I may eventually mod that I have it on now, but having the Satisfye makes me not want to even play docked because I think its even more comfortable than the Pro Controller.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Len posted:

i really hope the zelda maker mode is robust and that sharing dungeons is really easy. give me infinite goon dungeons

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

loudog999 posted:

Old farts unite.. it made me feel better to have my wife, 6 years younger than me, say it is still the most comfortable. I really wanted to like the Skull and Co, I have a second Switch that I may eventually mod that I have it on now, but having the Satisfye makes me not want to even play docked because I think its even more comfortable than the Pro Controller.

Bent wrists cause problems no matter how old you are. The grip keeps them straighter. Ergonomics are good for young people, too.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bombadilillo posted:

Root canals arent actually bad though.

what???????

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Looper posted:

i really hope the zelda maker mode is robust and that sharing dungeons is really easy. give me infinite goon dungeons

I hope it's popular enough that they make a whole game of it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

b_d posted:

what???????

It's like a cavity that takes 3 times as long to fix. You are still numbed up for it. And the procedure is to kill and physically remove the tooth root.

When it's over there is no more nerve to feel pain.

Dont get why it's a cultural painful touchstone.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

because sitting there getting your tooth drilled for hours sucks rear end even when you’re numb

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's expensive and not a fun time. I had one done last year. It wasn't that bad. But I could vaguely feel it while he was doing the procedure.

Also dentistry sounds like it was barbaric up until 20 year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Argue posted:

Does DQB2 still have you building up several small towns instead of turning just one village into a large kingdom? (creative mode doesn't count, I want to have quests and a story and such associated with building up the kingdom). I liked the demo of DQB1 but I really wanted to see my little hamlet become a sprawling metropolis and it became clear that wasn't going to happen.

that was my exact feelings about the DQB1 demo and I'm happy I waited for two

of which I just got to the credits and :)

fun game imo, oddly long waits during some text and random quirks aside :woop: