Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I like steel a lot, I picked him last year for the same reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

C Adam Henrique for the LA Kings

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Middle of the night but the Avalanche can't sleep, so they Pick Alex Chiarelli!

Edit: I might have combined Chiasson and Cirelli into one 80 point player and stick with it.

Kuule hain nussivan fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 29, 2019

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Middle of the night but the Avalanche can't sleep, so they Pick Alex Chiarelli!

I plugged this into hockeydb and eliteprospects and got nothing so uh...

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
im going to assume that's alex chiasson and our friend is sleep-deprived unless otherwise noted

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
FBS go go go I want to pick tonight! And don't take my guy

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

lazerwolf posted:

FBS go go go I want to pick tonight! And don't take my guy

same but also you don't take my guy

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Nobody take my guy either please and thanks.

Next up:
FBS (until 10:22 AM EST)
lazerwolf
Ergo Propter Hog
fawning deference
Jordan7hm

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I just got back home from vacation and I had a low-effort pick in mind to throw out there but now after those posts I've got to actually think about it, nice going

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

After much drink and some deliberation Anaheim selects Oskar Sundqvist.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Vegas selects defenseman Devon Toews

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

The Islanders select Troy Stecher

Fawning Deference is up.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Toews and Stecher are both good picks.
Toews really impressed me in the playoffs against the Pens

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Stecher always leaves me wanting somehow. I think sometimes people think he's better than he is because he stands out on a horrendous Vancouver defence. His offence is all but non existent and he's only a so so transition guy. I'd be tempted to sell high on him if I was Benning, but when has he ever done that?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Calle Jarnkrok for 3C

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Adam Lowry for 3c.

Who needs goalies.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

With their 10th pick, the Florida Panthers are “ruining my birthday with your hockey stuff” and take Nick Leddy.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Teemu Pokemon selects Josh Leivo

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

gently caress it, Jake Gardiner's back can't be that badly broken and if he has waited this long to sign a contract it's probably not going to be a giant monster.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

eXXon posted:

gently caress it, Jake Gardiner's back can't be that badly broken and if he has waited this long to sign a contract it's probably not going to be a giant monster.

I bet Lou Lam would do it

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Mathieu Joseph. He's 22 and a solid third liner already, but I think he has some offensive upside to him too. Also I don't need defensemen who cares.

Ehlers - Dubois - Kucherov
Donato - Backstrom - Oshie
X - Coyle - Joseph

Nurse - X

Hellebuyck

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Mathieu Joseph. He's 22 and a solid third liner already, but I think he has some offensive upside to him too. Also I don't need defensemen who cares.

X - Coyle - Joseph

Nurse - X

Hellebuyck

Your inevitable Staal - Seabrook pairing will hold down the fort

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I'll take Toronto's own Zach Hyman to fill out my top-6. He's a big winger that plays a good support role and can put up 15-20 goals.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
For their next pick the Carolina Arbitrary Stats would like to select Artturi Lehkonen. Artturi adds a little bit of cost control and will slot either onto the 2nd or 3rd line depending on who is left when we rotate around. Possessing very poor zone exit and entry stats Lehkonen is a significant departure from our building strategy thus far. This is of course not without reason. Slotting onto a line with Backlund and Toffoli; Lehkonen will be freed to do what he excels at: creating high danger shooting opportunities. Shooting 7.3 and 6.3% over the last two season it might just be the way it is with Lehknonen...however this organization feels that if Artturi can tick closer to the 11.3% of his first season he will be a great addition in the middle 6...and even with a low shooting percentage the impact Lehkonen has on the players around him can not be ignored.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm gonna go with another talented young center Henrik Borgstrom

Connor-MacKinnon-?
Gusev-Hischier-Kovalchuk
?-Borgstrom-?

Morrissey-Ekblad
Girard-

Binnington

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Kevin Fiala who had an off year but is still young and promising

Benn-McDavid
Fiala-Hayes
Kerfoot

Dumoulin-Letang
Gostisbehere-Weber

Gibson

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

I'll take Kevin Fiala who had an off year but is still young and promising

Benn-McDavid
Fiala-Hayes
Kerfoot

Dumoulin-Letang
Gostisbehere-Weber

Gibson

poo poo!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Double poo poo!
Fine, we're going to pick some other young talent. And by "Young Talent" I mean "guys who made the Calder voting"
The St Louis Blues are proud to annouce the drafting of:
The lesser Petterson Marcus Pettersson,
and the big Kahuna, Dominic Kahun.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The Penguins are going to select tiny man Paul Byron who should be a staple in the top nine

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'll go with Troy Terry who was very good and very fancy in limited NHL time and dominated the AHL

Connor-MacKinnon-Terry
Gusev-Hischier-Kovalchuk
?-Borgstrom-?

Morrissey-Ekblad
Girard-

Binnington

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Carolina would like to select defenseman Markus Nutivaara. 17 minutes a night 5v5, back to back 20 point seasons all at even strength, and a player that provides a lot of flexibility on the back end. Markus is a player that does a lot of thing well and with a 2.7 million AAV he provides excellent value.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Corn has gone out but he asked to select goaltender Carter Hutton.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
^^^^what he said

I'll take Thunder Bay's Carter Hutton to start in net. He's been relatively sturdy over his career and provides more stability in net than the other options available.

Reilly Smith - Steven Stamkos - Justin Williams
Zach Hyman - Matt Duchene - Robert Thomas
XXXXXXXX - Anthony Cirelli - XXXXXXXXXX

Mark Giordano - Ryan Ellis
Calvin de Haan - XXXXXXX

Carter Hutton

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Jamwad Hitler (6:28 PM EST)
eXXon
Teemu Pokemon
EL BROMANCE
Jordan7hm
fawning deference

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Before things get too out of control I'm picking Justin Schultz to play first pairing. Jesus.

Anyway, he's always been good at scoring and will have a ton of forward support, and he's seemed to bounce back from his broken leg pretty well. I obviously need just about any defense at this point and it helps that he's a right handed shot that can play 20+ minutes a night. I also have quite a few guys on bridge deals/ELC at the moment, and his remaining year on his contract gets me about a third of the way I need to to hit the cap floor.

X - Coyle - Joseph

Nurse-Schultz

Hellebuyck

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Before things get too out of control I'm picking Justin Schultz to play first pairing. Jesus.

Anyway, he's always been good at scoring and will have a ton of forward support, and he's seemed to bounce back from his broken leg pretty well. I obviously need just about any defense at this point and it helps that he's a right handed shot that can play 20+ minutes a night. I also have quite a few guys on bridge deals/ELC at the moment, and his remaining year on his contract gets me about a third of the way I need to to hit the cap floor.

X - Coyle - Joseph

Nurse-Schultz

Hellebuyck

Pray as much as I do that he somehow returns to being 2017 Justin Schultz and not 2019 Justin Schultz. He's been injured sure, but also trending pretty hard in the wrong direction.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Pray as much as I do that he somehow returns to being 2017 Justin Schultz and not 2019 Justin Schultz. He's been injured sure, but also trending pretty hard in the wrong direction.

well my other thought here was:
1. for the purposes of simming, he'll probably do fine or even better than real life Justin Schultz would
2. for the theoretical "if this was a real franchise" scenario, long term/big picture thing, he gets jettisoned at the end of the year

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fair points both, but you can't go re-creating the 2015-16 Oilers 3rd pairing as your first pairing and not expect some good natured ribbing

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

rex rabidorum vires posted:

For their next pick the Carolina Arbitrary Stats would like to select Artturi Lehkonen.

drat you

Ginette Reno posted:

I'll take Kevin Fiala

drat you too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
eXXon skipped.

Teemu Pokemon selects Mattias Janmark