Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Deke must be like super happy that this Fitz is also more open to him and doesn't openly hate him furiously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, Jeff Ward is really selling the "this is the best thing ever" with his facial expressions.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah. I get this genuine feel that his character is like "I just got out of a lovely horrific space mad max dystopia as a bum and now I'm using my crazy futuristic knowledge to make money in the time period I fantasized about while doing crazy science with my family".

He's just so happy.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I hope Snow doesn’t stay locked up for the rest of the series. If you’re gonna off Davis at least bring back snow.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imagine starting this series with that bizarre grim first episode and season where everyone is making fun of fitzsimmons for being NERRRDS and it ends up with them having adventures with mad max starlord from the future and their big family becomes fitz, simmons, deke and snowbunny.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Now I'm hoping to see two things by the end of the season:

1) Daisy quaking Izel so hard she blasts off again like team rocket.

2) Izel using the orb to summon FitzSimmons' worst nightmares, them warning her that it's not going the way she wants it to, and then being correct.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Very disappointed Hyde didn't Kool-Aid man through the wall with a "That's not her name!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Laughed at how Deke's device idea was a belt buckle (like the antigrav device he had in the future.)

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Mack shoulda Stay Puft'd the monolith and thought of Lola instead of Flint.

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 29, 2019

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

OB_Juan posted:

2) Izel using the orb to summon FitzSimmons' worst nightmares, them warning her that it's not going the way she wants it to, and then being correct.

Oh god its gonna be a callback to that chronicon mind device adventures. Ringu Simmons and The Doctor are going to save the day and kill Izel then gently caress

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

She said repeatedly that humans never learn to control their fears, which is exactly what Fitzsimmons did in that episode. Good thinking.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

counterfeitsaint posted:

Oh god its gonna be a callback to that chronicon mind device adventures. Ringu Simmons and The Doctor are going to save the day and kill Izel then gently caress

Yes please.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

Now I'm hoping to see two things by the end of the season:

1) Daisy quaking Izel so hard she blasts off again like team rocket.

The Doctor shows up and oneshots Izel

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/chloebennet/status/1155595691743297536

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I unfortunately fell asleep during the last 20 minutes of Friday's episode. Anyone care to give me a spoilerific recap? Think I dozed right after Deke started designing the thingy.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:cry:

I'm gonna miss 'em

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Medullah posted:

I unfortunately fell asleep during the last 20 minutes of Friday's episode. Anyone care to give me a spoilerific recap? Think I dozed right after Deke started designing the thingy.

Coulson-restoration in into the Sarge-copy is now in progress.

Izel has Mack and Yoyo captive in an ancient aztec temple and needs their help to reconstruct the monolith, by having the fear dimension rift/monolith energy she stole manifest their fear of her creating the monoliths, which happens to be in the form of Flint, the geomancer inhuman kid from the future that put the time monolith back together so the the team could get back into the past.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Medullah posted:

Not quite sure what happens when so uh... Deke figures out vibrations are the thing in the daggers that let them kill shrike, so it could prevent their possession and the trio start making thingies to generate it. Mack and Yo-Yo distract Izel so that Doctor Dude can get into the containment pod and get ejected to warn Shield and tell them where the temple is. Then Izel ties the duo up in the temple; the monoliths are destroyed but with humans' creativity they can recreate them from the Fear Dimension. They're not going to cooperate so she summons their fear to torture: that kid from the future who could make rocks hover and was kinda a surrogate child to them.

Also Sarge gets access to more powers and tries to get Daisy to kill him before he becomes consumed by the rage driving him. She sees Coulson in that self-sacrifice and so refuses, believing there's enough Coulson in there to keep control.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Enoch is gonna show up and save the universe, probably :neckbeard:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also kind of sad they didn’t go with the obvious choice for Sarge

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Chokes McGee posted:

And then everyone well embrace him!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Chokes McGee posted:

So I'm thinking that Chronica 3 is what the Chronocoms call Earth and they're going to show up at the end of the finale to terraform the planet.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bruceski posted:

that kid from the future who could make rocks hover and was kinda a surrogate child to them.

Flint. He's an Inhuman.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Does she mean this current season is the last season or is she filming the next/last season right now?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boris Galerkin posted:

Does she mean this current season is the last season or is she filming the next/last season right now?

Next season is the last season.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

So I'm thinking that Chronica 3 is what the Chronocoms call Earth and they're going to show up at the end of the finale to terraform the planet.

Last season is going to be Earth versus the Sentient Chronocons from Chronocom-23 and it's gonna be great

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They mentioned at SDCC that they were nearly done filming for good.

Which is the most bullshit.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Which is the most bullshit.
Why?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Man, that Creation monolith leaves everything on the table. Ward is totally gonna come back again, and maybe so will Aida/Ophelia.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

swickles posted:

Man, that Creation monolith leaves everything on the table. Ward is totally gonna come back again, and maybe so will Aida/Ophelia.

I hope Ward doesn't, it's been done to loving death.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Because this show needs to go on!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

I hope Ward doesn't, it's been done to loving death.

A one off would be cool. He was a key part of the show for years and a drat good one at that. It think he should get to help give the show the send off it deserves.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

A one off would be cool. He was a key part of the show for years and a drat good one at that. It think he should get to help give the show the send off it deserves.

He got to be the big bad and be the father of all Inhumans for like 3 seasons, let it go

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Because this show needs to go on!

It's ok to end shows before they completely jump the shark.
It's doubly ok to plan a show's ending in advance so you don't end up with dumb rushed poo poo like person of interest's last season.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Person of Interest had an amazing last season!

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
It had half a last season where the suits insisted the episodes shoehorn in a case of the week even though that made next to zero sense in the story. It still managed to be decent, but it could've easily been a lot better.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Laughed at how Deke's device idea was a belt buckle (like the antigrav device he had in the future.)

Of course Deke wouldn't think outside the box when it really matters.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...9P60Rghq2Q4.mp4

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mymla posted:

It's ok to end shows before they completely jump the shark.
It's doubly ok to plan a show's ending in advance so you don't end up with dumb rushed poo poo like person of interest's last season. Nolan mentions in an interview that he got CBS to tell him ahead of time that not only was the 5th going to be the last but also how many episodes they were going to order for the show.

What? The show runners knew in advance the 5th season was the last and were able to wrap everything up on their terms.

Oasx posted:

Person of Interest had an amazing last season!

Absolutely.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

PoI is a weird loving show - crime procedural cyberpunk conspiracy mashup. It mostly works though.

It's goofy sense of humour is amazing though - badass vigilantes going all gooey over babies/good dogs in their secret lair, the various machine glitches, fat policeman going on an epic and romantic adventure with a hot Russian (almost entirely offscreen), its barmy.

I like how far the procedural bits run with its premise though.

For the uninitiated - the idea is that the government has a super-AI Panopticon, and our vigilantes have a backdoor to the machine which supplies them the social security number of the eponymous People of Interest, but with no guidance on whether they're the perpetrator or the victim. So the basic gist is they track down the person, figure out what crime is about to happen, and shoot peoples kneecaps until the problem is solved.

But they take that gimmick of "all we have is an SSN" and twist and fold it into every circumstance you care to think of. Multiple people with the same SSN? One person with multiple SSN? Maybe the victim is really the perp? Maybe the perp is really the victim? Maybe the victim is the perp in another crime?
Maybe the perp is the victim of the victim they're the perp for?

It's very agents of shield in the way its genre savvy enough to play around with its premise, but it never makes fun of the premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I just love how CBS was obviously ordering a series based on their tried and true formula: Procedural of the Week. And that's what was delivered, but it slowly morphed into a multi-season spanning dystopian science fiction show until the the procedurals were either the b-plot or ended up serving the over-arcing story-line of dueling AIs deciding whether humanity will be self determining or subtly curated by elimnating non-conforming members.

Also, the music selection was top rate. The stand-outs were the use of Bowie's I'm Afraid of Americans and Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jul 29, 2019